Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #13471
soryu
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
soryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Can the egr temp sensor be cleaned?The one on the intake manifold. KADE
soryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #13472
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Someone is selling this locally... but only what is pictured is included. Is there any other harnesses that I'd need to have to be able to wire this up for my KA? I'd also like to be able to use all of the functions of the SAFC2, and I'm looking at the online user's manual on Apexi's site, and there seems to be a lot more pieces that go with it.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/manuals/ele...fc2_manual.pdf

Mainly, I want to retain the rev, knock, air correction, battery voltage, and throttle opening functions. Found on page 22 of the manual.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #13473
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Someone is selling this locally... but only what is pictured is included. Is there any other harnesses that I'd need to have to be able to wire this up for my KA?

No you should be able to wire that into your current setup.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #13474
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
No you should be able to wire that into your current setup.
Will I be able to use all of the functions of the SAFC? I edited my above post to the functions I'd mainly want to retain.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #13475
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Will I be able to use all of the functions of the SAFC? I edited my above post to the functions I'd mainly want to retain.
Check the wiring manual, but from what I remember from wiring mine it, its really just a piggyback system, I'm pretty sure you still retain those things. I guess someone who knows more about them can chime in.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #13476
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Check the wiring manual, but from what I remember from wiring mine it, its really just a piggyback system, I'm pretty sure you still retain those things. I guess someone who knows more about them can chime in.
Yea, I looked into the manual. I just have no idea what all those plugs, and male/female sleeve things are used for. I'm guessing it's to connect the SAFC wires to the harness wires with a splice...

As far as I know, it's just a piggyback like you said, and I could cut the connector off of the included harness and just extend those wires and connect them.

Another thing, there's a signal harness, which is what I believe the seller is including, and a "splitting harness". I have no clue wtf the splitting harness is lol. I'm assuming it's the harness that plugs into the signal harness, and has all the individual wires at the end so you don't have to cut the signal harness. I might be wrong though...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #13477
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Splitting harness, just makes it easier to wire in.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #13478
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Splitting harness, just makes it easier to wire in.
Sweet, just like I thought. I've pretty much read through the whole instruction manual and installation manual on Apexi's site by now, so I'm figuring these things out and editing my prior posts. Hahahah.

Thanks man!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #13479
Juusan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Juusan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just wondering if anyone could identify the make and model of this rear wing:
(I think it may be Bomex, but I'm not sure)

Cheers
Juusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #13480
OgSilviaSkywalker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
OgSilviaSkywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so my car is stuttering around 3k not sure exactly because my tach is currently not working. ive tested my fuel pressure and that seems fine my spark plugs are about 1 year old have maybe 4k miles on them. i heard i should change plugs every track event and have 4 events on them but i dont think thats what it is. but what i find strange is how aggressive my shifter moves even when the car isnt stuttering. i also have a blown axle. but the symptoms dont seem to match those of a blown axle
OgSilviaSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #13481
OgSilviaSkywalker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
OgSilviaSkywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
pm me if possible
OgSilviaSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #13482
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay I have a terrible whistle/whine/squeal coming from my dual cam ka and I can't figure it out. I was hoping it was a bearing but I checked my water pump and alternator and it wasn't those.

This video isn't mine, but it's the exact same sound. My car pukes oil but I don't know if that would be related or not. Someone help it's literally driving me insane.

Whistle noise KA24de HELP!! - YouTube
Kylerkickass240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #13483
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
does the chasebays clutch line go from the master to the slave cylinder?
seems a bit short.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #13484
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a used power fc d-jetro that already has a tune on it and I am wanting to set it back to stock settings and was wondering how i would do that?

its for a s13 sr
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #13485
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Go to ETC, then All Data init.

This will be helpful: Apexi PowerFC FAQ
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #13486
Jason9011
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Jason9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hey guys, I'm in the market for new Coolant an oil lines. I'm a little confused about which ones to pick. Im running a Redtop Sr20det with a S15 t28 turbo.

Which DIF lines would work best? Any help would be great thanks!
Oil & Coolant Kits
Jason9011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #13487
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason9011 View Post
Hey guys, I'm in the market for new Coolant an oil lines. I'm a little confused about which ones to pick. Im running a Redtop Sr20det with a S15 t28 turbo.

Which DIF lines would work best? Any help would be great thanks!
Oil & Coolant Kits
DIF 10036 Bottom Mount Turbo Coolant & Oil Lines Kit S13 SR20DET
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #13488
Jason9011
Leaky Injector

I had a feeling those were the ones from my research, but unfortunately those are currently unavailable. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #13489
idc101
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
idc101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my buddie is selling me his 240sx with a sr20det blacktop and it has been sitting in his back yard for months. he said he tried to start but fuel pump fuse kept blowing i personallly havent looked at it but what could be so when i go look at it ,any ideas? thanks
idc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #13490
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason9011 View Post
I had a feeling those were the ones from my research, but unfortunately those are currently unavailable. Any other suggestions?
Circuit Sports S13 SR20DET Turbo Lines (Bottom Mount)
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #13491
Jason9011
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
Thanks alot for the help!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #13492
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerkickass240 View Post
Okay I have a terrible whistle/whine/squeal coming from my dual cam ka and I can't figure it out. I was hoping it was a bearing but I checked my water pump and alternator and it wasn't those.

This video isn't mine, but it's the exact same sound. My car pukes oil but I don't know if that would be related or not. Someone help it's literally driving me insane.

Whistle noise KA24de HELP!! - YouTube
Get a really long screwdriver, or a long metal rod with a soft end on it. Use this to place one end on areas where bearings are in the head(cam bearings), and around the block where the crank bearings are. You touch the engine with one end, and your ear with the other. This allows you to listen to internal noises.
That noise sounds like bearing squeal in either the engine, or in one of the accessories(water pump/alternator/AC Compressor)
If you cannot locate the noise like this, find someone who has been around engines for a few years who knows the trick
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #13493
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just out on work xd9 18x10 +18 on my s14 with Stance coilovers. The front touch the coils just a little bit. Wheel still spins tho. Shouldn't it not rub?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #13494
idc101
Leaky Injector

idc101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
i just out on work xd9 18x10 +18 on my s14 with stance coilovers. The front touch the coils just a little bit. Wheel still spins tho. Shouldn't it not rub?
pretty sure it will rub
idc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #13495
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgSilviaSkywalker View Post
so my car is stuttering around 3k not sure exactly because my tach is currently not working. ive tested my fuel pressure and that seems fine my spark plugs are about 1 year old have maybe 4k miles on them. i heard i should change plugs every track event and have 4 events on them but i dont think thats what it is. but what i find strange is how aggressive my shifter moves even when the car isnt stuttering. i also have a blown axle. but the symptoms dont seem to match those of a blown axle
My guess would be fuel pump, ignore the fact that you have pressure when you check it because at 3k rpm you may not have that much pressure.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #13496
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone tell me EXACTLY which LED bulbs I need for my dualcam cluster? I was linked to the wrong one and wasted $15 the other week. I plan on changing 3 of the 5 main bulbs

I plan on ordering from superbrightleds.

edit: i know the number 194, but theirs like 10 to choose from. Which one exactly?
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #13497
s13coupez

s13coupez is an unknown quantity at this point
im having a cluster problem on my 93 s13 usdm coupe. stock ka24de. none of the needles work. no rpm, no mph no temp. gas kinda works. i filled her up needle only went up 2 3/4 of a tank. A/C doesn't work neither does the heater. i have no turning signals. but if i press the emergency button blinkers work fine. head lights & break lights working.
the battery light is ON. which is weird since i went out & got a brand new battery.
i check all fuses all check out fine...
n e clue on what is causing the problem??
s13coupez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #13498
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialedLife View Post
Can someone tell me EXACTLY which LED bulbs I need for my dualcam cluster? I was linked to the wrong one and wasted $15 the other week. I plan on changing 3 of the 5 main bulbs

I plan on ordering from superbrightleds.

edit: i know the number 194, but theirs like 10 to choose from. Which one exactly?
LED Replacement Bulbs | LED Lights for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs

did you use the vehicle bulb finder on their site?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #13499
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have two used transmission sitting in my room. How do i tell if they won't grind in every gear and not work? I can shift through the gears fine and turn the input shaft with a bit of force (not hard or too lose).

it is dirty but not sure if you can tell if anything may be wrong with it based off that. the bearing isnt connected to the fork so that part may look odd.
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #13500
Torq_Meister
Leaky Injector

Torq_Meister is an unknown quantity at this point
240sx Transmissions

Hello all i had a question concerning ka24de transmissions and the harnesses that connect them to the main harness.

Im about to swap a manual obd1 s13 transmission into my s14 obd1 engine.
I understand that the difference between s13 and s14 transmission is the sensor on top of the bellhousing. Is there any other differences such as the s13 and s14 trans having different plugs on the trans? maybe obd1 and obd2 ka24de transmissions have different plugs?

As for the lower harness, do i use a s13 lower harness to plug into the trans? can it mate to my s14 engine harness? orrr do i have to get s14 lower harness? does it matter if its an obd1 or obd2 lower harness? is there really a difference?

sorry for blocks of texts ,
thankyou for any replies.
Torq_Meister is offline   Reply With Quote