Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #13471
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
3000-3500 imo is not that much considering the power.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/l...y-under-30000/

Looking at the cars on this list, all under 3k but would be ran circles around a 3500lb 400hp car.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #13472
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
^^Makes sense.

Didn't know the MB partnership was still a thing. An NA high-revving version of their latest I6, which is lighter than the V6 it replaced, would've been an interesting application since it's a 3.0L, but I think it only exists with turbos attached. Would be cool if this was in a base-Z to satisfy nostalgia-feening fans, but weird for same reason as the Z4/Supra motor config. I'm happy nonetheless with the TT V6.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...es-inline-six/
MB partnership? No MB partnership. MB is just building a Bad Ass inline 6 that will be expensive to maintain out of warranty. With everything integral it will make repairs a pita. especially how MB now likes to fit engines into tight engine bays like everyone else these days.
If you really want to get down to nostalgia and brass tacks the base Fairlady Z in Japan came with a L18SSS dual SU carbed engine. Not just a L20A like some idiots on the internet want to post as fact. This was due to Japanese car insurance being done partly by engine CC and by HP.
The Z4/Supra is basically classic BMW inline 6 and what is pretty amazing about BMW is they manage to get their inline 6?s to pretty much end right around the strut tower front suspension pick up points. Thereby not having massive engine overhang that Z cars were famous for until Nissan started using the VG in the Z31.
S30?s notoriously plowed in low speed turns unless you drove them hard with the throttle into oversteer. Go in too fast in a car corner without doing that and the front end would just wash. Plus with the unassisted rack and pinion they were like trucks when it came to parking. lol
Love the car and in the 70?s it even with those issues it was the bang for the buck and looked fantastic.
But ya unless Nissan was to setup in their geometry like BMW or Merceds and do some serious modernizing to that inline 6 for the African , mid eastern market. Which I bet is probably also manufactured over there, as I do not think its offered in anything in the Japanese domestic market. ( read have to build an engine assembly line in Japan for it) . it makes no financial sense whatsover being a cash strapped company right now.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #13473
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
3000-3500 imo is not that much considering the power.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/l...y-under-30000/

Looking at the cars on this list, all under 3k but would be ran circles around a 3500lb 400hp car.
Which is exactly why people have been wanting those sub 3K lb cars to have 250hp-300hp. There's a good chance that the new GR86 could be almost, or just as fast as the 370Z on Tsukuba.

It's going to be interesting to see if Nissan can get this new Z in base trim to do a 1min 5sec on Tsukuba and what the pricing is.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:44 PM   #13474
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm predicting this new Z will have at least 350hp even in the base trim. The current Z has 332hp/350hp for base/Nismo. The only difference the current 400 hp VR30DDTT has over the 300 hp version is an extra water pump and optical sensors for the turbo wheel speed. Even base model Z's for low 30's and stock 350hp are gonna be putting down 450hp with just a flash and a full exhaust which for a 3300-3400lb car is pretty fast. From a pricing standpoint, this new Z would compete with both the GR86 in base trim and the Supra in the highest trim.

This is just what I heard from Nismodamus
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:20 AM   #13475
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm predicting this new Z will have at least 350hp even in the base trim. The current Z has 332hp/350hp for base/Nismo. The only difference the current 400 hp VR30DDTT has over the 300 hp version is an extra water pump and optical sensors for the turbo wheel speed. Even base model Z's for low 30's and stock 350hp are gonna be putting down 450hp with just a flash and a full exhaust which for a 3300-3400lb car is pretty fast. From a pricing standpoint, this new Z would compete with both the GR86 in base trim and the Supra in the highest trim.

This is just what I heard from Nismodamus
lol its most likely going to be 400HP they have to do something to signify the 400 nonmenclature and I do not thing they are going to put a stroked VR38 in .:lol: ....or maybe they will? I mean it would not take a lot to stroke a 3.8 out to 4 liters . hmmm
As of right now everyone is getting the 400 from the HP this time not the engine size. But that would be a depature from the norm.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #13476
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
But that would be a depature from the norm.
Going for the Fast and Furious naming convention a e s t h e t I c

Last edited by deolio; 09-27-2020 at 08:58 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:06 PM   #13477
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jeeeeeezus H Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2020, 09:11 PM   #13478
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Jeeeeeezus H Christ.

Damn if they made it like that I would pre oder in that exact color!!!!!!!!! Fucking love it!!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-28-2020, 10:03 PM   #13479
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Damn if they made it like that I would pre oder in that exact color!!!!!!!!! Fucking love it!!

Same but white and gold. Or possibly black and gold.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #13480
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Same but white and gold. Or possibly black and gold.

Anyone able to re-do that picture in the factory S30 brown/maroon color?

Old 10-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #13481
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/05/...ration-teased/

Next gen BRZ is debuting soon.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #13482
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
oh no, so its confirmed brz has NO turbo? what a shame.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #13483
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
How you got "confirmed" from the following, I have no idea.

"precisely what the next BRZ will be powered by remains up in the air. Unverified reports claim power will come from a naturally-aspirated version of the turbocharged, 2.4-liter flat-four that's offered in the Ascent crossover."
Old 10-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #13484
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
that was not a statement. it was a question. unlikely as it may be with recent leaks, hoping that theres still a chance for forced induction. pardon me for not assuming to know everything.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:51 PM   #13485
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Ahh, since that was a question and I just read the linked article, I can tell you that no, it's not confirmed. The article is clear, not sure how there's any question.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #13486
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
oh no, so its confirmed brz has NO turbo? what a shame.
Leaked images of the engine
Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #13487
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I would hope subaru / Toyota would not be that stupid

https://www.caradvice.com.au/879681/...n-turbo-power/
Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #13488
Future240
Future Moderator

Old 10-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #13489
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It would be a real shame and such a missed opportunity. I mean that is what the community, the people even buying the car, have been asking since day one. I just don?t see how they completely ignore it or don?t male every effort to male it happen.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #13490
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:

If the base stays non-turbo then:
- GT86 should come with a GR version with the same 3cyl turbo in their GR Yaris
- BRZ with premium version with the current or next-gen WRX motor

One can only dream I guess.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #13491
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Typical stubborn Japanese.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #13492
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

not sure how legit this leak is. implied na engine makes another 12hp and 20lbtq (217hp and 177lb-ft) over prior gen. very sad if true.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...ording-to-leak

The Z is looking a lot more appealing right now, so long as the price is right.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #13493
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Subaru already has a complete turbo engine package to drop in. It would be flatly stupid not to drop it in, unless they have a BRZ focused FA20 replacement that blows to socks off the current sti and ascent engines.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #13494
Future240
Future Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOk7gZiT82A
Old 10-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #13495
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It's almost like that engine was always meant to have a turbo or it never would have had dual injection and variable intake and exhaust cams. Had Subaru just included forged rods people would be bolting on 400+ horse power in their driveways with basic tools.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #13496
Future240
Future Moderator

^^^Right. I'd would be a lot more ok if subaru shipped it na but knew people would boost it so built a capable block.

Instead you have to buy a brz, get the block done, then by the turbo kit on top of it. like 10k more. When for 10k more at time of purchase you could buy something much nicer.

Who wants to get smoked by minivans at a stop light?
Old 10-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #13497
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Is it me or does that not look like a 2800lb car with 300whp? Looks more like 250whp..
Old 10-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #13498
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Who wants to get smoked by minivans at a stop light?
From personal experience (KA 240sx with I-H-E), nobody. At the same time most of these lower powered Japanese cars are going to smoke those minivans on a narrow winding road.

I would pick performance on winding roads over straight line performance any day, but it would be nice to have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Is it me or does that not look like a 2800lb car with 300whp? Looks more like 250whp..
It's most likely the lack of torque (video says the car made 300WHP/ 232TQ). It's pretty well known that you need to purposely keep the TQ down in these cars to make the bottom end last.

Also, the car has KW V3 coilovers and Firehawk Indy 500 255/35's on a 8.5 rim, so that's going to do a good job of gripping the car up.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #13499
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

oh no doubt its fun on a windy road. thats not ever been in question. must be a pretty fun daily driver too i imagine.

the takeaway I get here is that Toyota ought to have listened to what their customers wanted all along with factory turbo. It is a very strange business indeed when one ignores what their customers want and I dont think it a stretch to say their must have been negatively impacted in sales as a result. make a na & turbo trim if you want to keep coste low. maybe this is the japanese way of doing business, idk.

the new turbo supra 4cyl doesnt make a lot of sense at all either. they give us things we dont ask and snub of us of things we do want like the gr yaris.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #13500
Future240
Future Moderator

I agree a like stock s-chassis, the twins would be great on a windy road and nice peppy dd's at times.

Thing is part of being an all around great car is balance. The car with tires and brakes is a lightweight corner carver. Still lacks in power. A factory turbo would address that part and make it an all around much better car.

No one expects it to beat the stang off the line, but dammit sometimes ya just want to drop the throttle spin the wheels, bounce off the rev limiter while shooting flames and the turbo whistling.