Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #1321
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
not bad. i could never do anything close to that lol. will that front bumper meet standards?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #1322
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ok mel...i finally cracked and posted all my info on the site...i was REALLY bored at work lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #1323
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
not bad. i could never do anything close to that lol. will that front bumper meet standards?
I would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ok mel...i finally cracked and posted all my info on the site...i was REALLY bored at work lol
Awesome!

Link to yours :Here

Here, so they don't get lost of the last page.

Mel's

DorkiDori's
Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #1324
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I will never buy anything with those new head lights and I will laugh at anyone who does.

They need to take their design team behind the tool shed.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #1325
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ChiSleepyEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChiSleepyEyes
yea the headlights are something i can live without and the front of dorkidoris looks like an early 90's celica front...ewwwwww brick headlights ftw!
ChiSleepyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #1326
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
uh...just kinda curious...why would you want a chassis and chassis technology that was engineered in the 1980s??? (yes i know the S15 was put into production in mid 98...but its based on a chassis that was engineered, designed and released in 1988)

S15 is nice and all...but honestly...how many of you have actually DRIVEN a FM platform car??? it puts the S chassis to shame
As mentioned before (and excuse my reiteration)....I <3 the FM platform...but I would mind seeing a coupe based on that platform and similar styling to the S15.

Of course this is a pipe dream...but hey...we can dream right?

Either way my next car will be the 370Z or 2011 M37x (no joke)

Mel - Your artwork fits just nicely in an anime racer video game. (its nice)
Old 12-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #1327
Slow SR20

Slow SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slow SR20
Add DorkiDori's headlights and my min specs and i'd buy it, not happy with the styling but again i'd buy it.

That is not a slam of your work, I know you are just trying to be real with what is possible based off of what nissan has released. Thanks for the time you invested too!

I hope to see something by mid Feb from Nissan!!! I'm dying waiting on info.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #1328
Slow SR20

I hate to say this, but the Ford Mustang Eco Boost 3.5L V6 is going to look really really interesting going head to head with the nissan (not really cause the Nissan should be a good 5 grand cheaper.)

300+ HP, RWD, Twin Turbo. Very Very Interesting!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #1329
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I introduced myself tot he gradient mesh tool and the results are a lot better I think.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1330
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I introduced myself tot he gradient mesh tool and the results are a lot better I think.

Nice! i like it. I'd prefer some sideskirt-ish sides, personally.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #1331
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Nice! i like it. I'd prefer some sideskirt-ish sides, personally.
Yea Side Skirts are nice. I was going for a "from the factory" stock look. It's my interpretation of what it might look like right from Nissan.

Of course there's always room for improvement.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #1332
Slow SR20

I am getting a feeling that Nissan might let us down. I'm worried. Hopefully we will get more news before febuary rolls around. Heck, Hyundai G-Coupes will be rolling around the streets in USA in just a few months!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #1333
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
well if nissan lets us down...theres always the G35 and 350z to play with given theyre getting cheap as shit now (ive seen 2003 350zs going for 12k from different dealers here in town)

Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #1334
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

so im spending COUNTLESS hours scouring the web trying to find the SMALLEST bit of official info from nissan about the new inifiniti entry level coupe and the nissan 240sx replacement...supposedly there are videos of nissanGT2012 and nissan360 press events where this info has been leaked...but goddamn it they are hard to find (ive found a video on the web for each event...but the only info ive found is that the new infiniti concept car for the entry level coupe is SUPPOSED to be shown SOMETIME this year...but no concrete details on if its going to become a production car and such)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i need a hug...and new Silvia/240sx replacement information...stupid nissan and them caring more about fuking SUVs than anything else...curse those blasted STUPID letters and the customers they attract

Old 01-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #1335
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

If you would have asked me 6 months ago if this car was going to make it to the market I would have answered with a resounding YES.

The way it's looking now I think the chances are actually slimming.

HOWEVER, manufacturers still have to release new vehicles and redesign their older models. I still think there's a strong market for it if it's done right and can do really well for them. I'd say the odds right now look like about 80%. Which is still pretty good.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #1336
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

my biggest thing right now is finding out exactly where that pic of the supposed new "coupe" came from (the dark slide shot with the blue/greenish car on it)...i started messing with the pic in photoshop and i THINK it may have been faked...its strange how thats the ONLY image that has turned up on the web...and i found a few problem spots in the slide...there looks to be clone marks on the black area when you blow out the blacks in the levels (ill mess with the photo and upload it here in a few min)

Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #1337
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

notes in image speak for themselves...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #1338
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
That seriously looks like the Altima coupe with minor changes to the body line, tail lights, and headlight.

Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #1339
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

im really starting to wonder if its the mini SUV nissan has been talking about

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #1340
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Last I heard Nissan was dumping all their Truck and SUV lines. They're phasing them out. They where going to let Chrysler/Dodge handle their pickups...but I think that window has shattered as well.

Be patient, I think more news may come later. Right now things are moving slow as if company's have a new years hangover....its always like that at the beginning of the year, then things get back into high gear.

Whats the next big auto show. Geneva?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #1341
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

chicago auto show is coming up on feb 12th...theyre supposed to be attending that one

Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #1342
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
The Armada/QX56 and Quest are done but the Xterra, Pathfinder(will likely go unibody), and Murano/Rouge will stay. The windows in that pic look like a 4 dr so i'm wondering if it won't be a BMW X1 type vehicle.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #1343
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
The Armada/QX56 and Quest are done but the Xterra, Pathfinder(will likely go unibody), and Murano/Rouge will stay. The windows in that pic look like a 4 dr so i'm wondering if it won't be a BMW X1 type vehicle.
Yea they are keeping the Titan which will be on the new Ram platform. And then everything else you said.

And I agree that that pic does look like a 4 door. Maybe it's the small Sedan under the G that I've been speculating about.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #1344
jim1234664
Zilvia Member

jim1234664 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol we should all sign a petition that we would like something that looks as much as they can like an s15... these new models are shitttttttty
jim1234664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #1345
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234664 View Post
lol we should all sign a petition that we would like something that looks as much as they can like an s15... these new models are shitttttttty

you go ahead and sign that petition...ill be sitting here NOT signing it cause i dont want it to look like the S15...i want it to be a new design

Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #1346
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234664 View Post
I have an idea...why don't you buy an S15?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #1347
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I have an idea...why don't you buy an S15?
Cuz that would cost money which most 240sx owners apparently dont want to spend
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #1348
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Why an S15? Why not buy a buick? Reliable, economical, comfortable... Oh wait we're not 85.

I'm just gonna keep holding my breath on the new entry RWD nissan. Odds are it will resemble a 370 in ways, and prolly a sentra in ways (cheap, BUT sporty)

Im kinda imagining a 2 door sentra with a slightly shorter, longer looking shape.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #1349
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
More than likely it will have those weird head and taillights.

I don't care what it looks like as long as it doesn't resemble the current Sentra in any way. If it bears some resemblance to the 370Z I wouldn't mind. Better than something tall and blocky imo.

And are they still making a small RWD coupe for Infiniti?
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #1350
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i'll be at chicago auto show picking the brains of all the nissan people
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote