Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #1261
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^anymore details on the packaging?

I am very curious because I don't want to spend the money on a bride and have them pack it like crap and it show ups on my door torn up
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #1262
Jalto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Jalto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have yet to get a seat through them, but i'm sure they will pack it nicely
Jalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #1263
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've used GTR Garage for a wheel purchase and Streeter for many other purchases. Can't say a bad thing about either. I haven't tried Buyee but at this point I see no need
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #1264
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
One thing to keep in mind with seats is they are pushing the limits of maximum allowable size so that limits the packing to a like a layer of plastic and a layer of cardboard. Not much room to get too carried away.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #1265
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Anybody else try Buyee yet?
I just won a Cusco OS Giken Hyper single using Buyee. Their fees were like $12. I'm waiting to see how much shipping is gonna be lol. I'll post in here when it shows up
Old 12-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #1266
David48
Zilvia Addict

Has anyone else noticed that when multiple bids from different people go in really close together, that the auction end time gets extended?
Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #1267
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that when multiple bids from different people go in really close together, that the auction end time gets extended?
That is how they do it, and things like "fromjapan.jp" allow users to not even place their bid till there is less 5mins remaining, called "snipe bids". It is like watching a basketball game, don't even bother looking at what it is selling for till the last 2 mins. That is when things actually mean anything.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #1268
David48
Zilvia Addict

I just didn't know the time gets extended. I lost out on a Nardi this morning because of it.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #1269
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
I just won a Cusco OS Giken Hyper single using Buyee. Their fees were like $12. I'm waiting to see how much shipping is gonna be lol. I'll post in here when it shows up
It will probably be around 20,000 yen plus whatever it cost to ship from the seller to the Buyee/Tenso warehouse.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #1270
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
As a seller, that's awesome. Wish eBay had that option. As a buyer, that sucks. But that's the down side of auctions...
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #1271
David48
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Garage View Post
It will probably be around 20,000 yen plus whatever it cost to ship from the seller to the Buyee/Tenso warehouse.
Total shipping cost was 17,540 yen. I got a pretty good deal on it so it's still worth it. I just bought two Momo wheels this morning so I'm curious to see what those will cost to ship.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #1272
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Total shipping cost was 17,540 yen. I got a pretty good deal on it so it's still worth it. I just bought two Momo wheels this morning so I'm curious to see what those will cost to ship.
I figured 15kg for the clutch. Must have been a bit lighter. The wheels won't cost much. Have them consolidate them and it will probably be around 4,000 yen.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #1273
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's a good place to go through for buying little trinkets and junk... like posters and other collectible items?
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #1274
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

As long as you're not ordering anything heavy or very long Buyee is good.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #1275
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #1276
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lookin at some cool Nismo jackets:

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=g140446214

Nismo Jump suit Stylin'

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=o69009856

Is JDM large like USDM small?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #1277
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
dude it freakin sucks. I had my eyes on a zeta 2 seat and the deadline was getting close and it was for a steal, and then checked later, and the price shot up and the date was extended....
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #1278
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Is JDM large like USDM small?
Pretty much. I have a Nissan baseball jersey from J-Land and the tag says it's a large but I wear US smalls and it fits perfectly.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #1279
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Yeah, you gotta go a size big to get the length. I'm a med/large in American shirts and I'm usually a XL to XXL for shirts here.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #1280
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hey GTR garage, are your shipping prices more reasonable than RHDJapan or do you just double the price too?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #1281
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

I haven't dealt with RHDJapan but depending on what you're buying the shipping can get as expensive as the item itself. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a scam on their part. Unless you're saying they take the normal shipping price and just double that.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #1282
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not saying it's a scam, but that shipping calculator is a joke. It just about always ends up being double.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #1283
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Obee, the best thing about GTR-Garage for me has always been the prompt and accurate responses for stuff. Kunio has shipped so much stuff he always can pretty much nail shipping.. and with their new set rate prices for certain things (ie: wheels) the shipping/fees are right there on the site.
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #1284
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Everything I have bought new, I have always compared RHDJP and Nengun and when it came down to price shipped, GTR-garage has always been lower than the other 2. Granted I have bought a lot of stuff at auction in addition to the new stuff, but for new GTR-garage has been hard to beat.

The only time Kunio hasn't been the first source is on big stuff he is concerned he can't ship. I appreciate that honesty and well I did find a source to get the parts, it was almost 4 times the price of the item I bought to get it here.

I have bought some smaller stuff like shirts and shift knobs through Fromjapan.jp and prices are pretty cheap, but I really don't like that they make you deposit money up front before they even place a bid. Having someone hold my money in hopes I win just rubs me the wrong way. Haven't given Buyee a shot yet, but I may just see how it goes in the future if there is something small I need.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #1285
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustS13 View Post
Obee, the best thing about GTR-Garage for me has always been the prompt and accurate responses for stuff. Kunio has shipped so much stuff he always can pretty much nail shipping.. and with their new set rate prices for certain things (ie: wheels) the shipping/fees are right there on the site.
How are you getting in contact? I've email them 4 or 5 times with no response.
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #1286
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurley View Post
How are you getting in contact? I've email them 4 or 5 times with no response.
Sorry we missed your message. Please email us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook. We're opening our showroom in Portland early next year so you'll be able to stop by there soon as well.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #1287
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Got 1 of two boxes in

HKS Twin Power DLI w. RB26 harness

BCNR33 Nismo cluster
-won the auction on BUYEE and it was 4700 yen for shipping.

VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #1288
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Hey GTR garage, are your shipping prices more reasonable than RHDJapan or do you just double the price too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Garage View Post
Sorry we missed your message. Please email us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook. We're opening our showroom in Portland early next year so you'll be able to stop by there soon as well.

I'll take that as a no...

Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #1289
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I'll take that as a no...

We don't know anything about RHD and how they ship so we can't say. For reference we don't ship aero kits and other "dimensionally" large item like that by container only. We don't do DHL. Our container schedule will be moving up to bi-monthly shipments to our Portland shop once it opens in the spring.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #1290
David48
Zilvia Addict

Does anyone know of a broker that imports sets of wheels for $300ish? I found a set I want that wouldn't really be worth it if I have to end up paying 5 for shipping and fees.