Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #12781
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
So is the CT5 gonna de-value the Chevrolet SS or what. Prices haven't budged on these, even with the Economy in impending doom. (Grumble)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Not at all. Like the SS, the CT5-V Blackwing would be a small market car.

It's nice they're still keeping the manual on both the CT5 and the CT4.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #12782
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
So is the CT5 gonna de-value the Chevrolet SS or what. Prices haven't budged on these, even with the Economy in impending doom. (Grumble)

I don?t think so. So few of them were sold, they instantly became future classics and they were bought by car guys who know what they have.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #12783
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
That CT5 is the first and only time EVER that I looked at a Cadillac and thought "wow, thats actually a REALLY good looking car!"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:53 PM   #12784
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
That CT5 is the first and only time EVER that I looked at a Cadillac and thought "wow, thats actually a REALLY good looking car!"
Surely, you mean POST 70's Caddys.

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:12 PM   #12785
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Surely, you mean POST 70's Caddys.

NOPE! im not a Cadillac fan at all.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:46 PM   #12786
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
NOPE! im not a Cadillac fan at all.
Any self-respecting 'car guy' can, nay, SHOULD appreciate the art of a 50s, 60s Caddy. You should pink yourself, sir.

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:13 AM   #12787
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
a shame chevy doesnt throw in the regular lt1 from the camero ss in the cheaper ct5v and ct4v non blackwing. a 455hp engiine with established aftermarket support, manual, elsd, under 50k ct4v would have been a good middle ground. wish caddillac what not try so hard to compete with the germans and do their own thing. never understood why the ats-v didnt go v8 either.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:41 AM   #12788
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Nissan is actually is a good spot to do just that with Infiniti. Even though the Leaf is not super exciting, it?s proven technology and further along than most companies at with their EV development. Nissan should make Infiniti a Tesla competitor.
I would absolutely love if Nissan took Infiniti and did that.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:24 AM   #12789
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
I would absolutely love if Nissan took Infiniti and did that.
I believe that was the plan with Infiniti before all this.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #12790
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Any self-respecting 'car guy' can, nay, SHOULD appreciate the art of a 50s, 60s Caddy. You should pink yourself, sir!
naw im good... thanks though!

Old 04-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #12791
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I know some people want a Z that looks like $200k lambo, but I?m all for this shit still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #12792
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The RX-9 is back on. Mazda is going to use the new RWD platform from the 6 for the RX-9 and for the next gen CX-9.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/mazd...etrain-patent/
Old 04-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #12793
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
I know some people want a Z that looks like $200k lambo, but I?m all for this shit still.
This is what I'm talking about! A lot more exciting than that red one you posted, imo.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #12794
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
This is what I'm talking about! A lot more exciting than that red one you posted, imo.
I think I posted this one a couple months ago too. The potential is real.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #12795
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am right there with you Mel. They make a Z along these lines and I will buy it!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #12796
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/ni...ng-influences/

Sooo, a Zupra knock off?

Isn't this exactly what the 370Z was supposed to be?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #12797
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I really think they missed an opportunity to name it the 300zx and cash in on bringing back that namesake.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #12798
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I really think they missed an opportunity to name it the 300zx and cash in on bringing back that namesake.
It's Nissan, pretty sure that's Japanese for "missed opportunity".

I'll reiterate, this car should have been 100% 300zx inspired. Not in a "let's make a modern car that looks like a Z32" but in the..

Hey, it's 2020, let's make this shit seem like the future is now. (this is why the Z31, Z32, Z33 where huge hits).

Nissan should have been drawing inspiration from the i8, Aventador, Corvette, Ferrari FS90, NSX, etc.

Not the BRZ, Zupra and 370Z.

Full Digital Dash, illuminated door sills, speakers in the head rests, turbo V6.

And yes, call it a 300Z and offer multi tiers, Z, ZX, ZX-TT, ZX Nismo, ZX-TT Nismo (just like Dodge, Chevy and Ford).

Recreate the Superbowl Commercial, drop the car in 2021.

Get a Hayabusa for the bike, suck some service dick and get one of them (Marines, Airforce, Navy) to use an F35 (which Japan also wants to buy).

https://youtu.be/1XLyCDsKhGo

Get some of that Carpenter Brute shit going.

https://youtu.be/er416Ad3R1g
Old 04-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #12799
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

300z OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

400z sounds stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
And yes, call it a 300Z and offer multi tiers, Z, ZX, ZX-TT, ZX Nismo, ZX-TT Nismo (just like Dodge, Chevy and Ford).
THIS! Sooooooooooooooo much this!

Old 04-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #12800
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Nissan should have been drawing inspiration from the i8, Aventador, Corvette, Ferrari FS90, NSX, etc.

Not the BRZ, Zupra and 370Z.
Im sorry, this shit is dumb and unrealistic. Lol.

I agree with all that...for the GTR. You know, a super car. The Z has never been a super car. It?s a sports car.

But if its super car Z or it?s a failure, prepare to be disappointed. And again, it is Nissan so they are bound to disappoint even if your expectations are um based in reality.

Plus they already have the platform it?s based on with the Qwhatever and it can?t be more expensive and more high tech than what?s in their luxury brand version. Just none of your asks make any damn sense.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #12801
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
g[/url]
I wholeheartedly agree with this though and have said the same thing in this thread previously.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #12802
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Im sorry, this shit is dumb and unrealistic. Lol.

I agree with all that...for the GTR. You know, a super car. The Z has never been a super car. It?s a sports car.

But if its super car Z or it?s a failure, prepare to be disappointed. And again, it is Nissan so they are bound to disappoint even if your expectations are um based in reality.

Plus they already have the platform it?s based on with the Qwhatever and it can?t be more expensive and more high tech than what?s in their luxury brand version. Just none of your asks make any damn sense.
Bruh, known your history.

300ZX was part of the Japanese Super Sports cars of the 1990's. This is when all the big players dropped a hyper modern, technology pushing, and aggressively styled sports cars at 1/3 the cost of a Super Car and equal performance.

Z32 in 1989 easily surpassed almost every rival on the market. It was also on par with the GTR and won in several publication shoot outs.

I'm not saying Nissan needs a FS90 fighter, but they need to look at modern rivals, modern styling trends and work on a solution that's going to wow people. Not a nother BS Nostalgia Novelty Boomer Gimmick. (New Beetle, Mini, Fiat 500, etc).

Styling doesn't cost much. C7 and C8 have booth been mind blowing in performance and style compared to their MSRP. Cayman, Boxster, Alfa's all look like they could pass for a car costing 3x as much. Even Nissan did this with the Z32 and Z33. Everyone thought the Z33 was a $50k car since it resembled an Audi TT and a Porsche 911.

But No, Nissan keeps going to same damn poisoned well.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:16 PM   #12803
Corbic
Post Whore!

And also, a 240Z was a modern style Ferrari, Jaguar, Daytona, Corvette knock off.

Ferrari 250 GTO

Datsun 240Z

Go rip this off please.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #12804
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The original Z was mimicking sports cars from a different era. They were simpler times as well. To expect Nissan to have a car for $35k with the styling of a $200k mid engine super car car is UNREALISTIC. With the original Z we’re also we’re talking about a a sports car with an inline six that inherently HAD to have the proportions it had. That’s not the case now. I want it to have a long hood but the engine won’t force it like it did then. It’s a case of the engine informing the styling.

And again, I said they can get more creative with the styling because of recent advancements, but to expect it to look like a mid engine super car is dumb. Especially since we KNOW it’s still on the FM platform which has its own proportions.

I just think that expecting to to be anything other than a Supra competitor is ridiculous.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #12805
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The original Z was mimicking sports cars from a different era. They were simpler times as well. To expect Nissan to have a car for $35k with the styling of a $200k mid engine super car car is UNREALISTIC. With the original Z we?re also we?re talking about a a sports car with an inline six that inherently HAD to have the proportions it had. That?s not the case now. I want it to have a long hood but the engine won?t force it like it did then. It?s a case of the engine informing the styling.

And again, I said they can get more creative with the styling because of recent advancements, but to expect it to look like a mid engine super car is dumb. Especially since we KNOW it?s still on the FM platform which has its own proportions.

I just think that expecting to to be anything other than a Supra competitor is ridiculous.
Z32 looked Mid Engine, as did the Z33.

Again, proportion accordingly. I just don't want to see another IDX Retro Abortion.

Give it up, let it go.

And thinking this thing will be $35k is also ludicrous. At that point it will struggle to compete with a GT86, let alone a Mustang GT or Zupra.

Zupra is already a $60k car and it's sharing the entire car with BMW.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #12806
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
The original Z was mimicking sports cars from a different era. They were simpler times as well. To expect Nissan to have a car for $35k with the styling of a $200k mid engine super car car is UNREALISTIC. With the original Z we?re also we?re talking about a a sports car with an inline six that inherently HAD to have the proportions it had. That?s not the case now. I want it to have a long hood but the engine won?t force it like it did then. It?s a case of the engine informing the styling.

And again, I said they can get more creative with the styling because of recent advancements, but to expect it to look like a mid engine super car is dumb. Especially since we KNOW it?s still on the FM platform which has its own proportions.

half the unsold last years hatchbacks you can buy now look like spaceships, the idea that they have to charge that much to make a car you don't mind being seen in is fucking dumb.

Tell Rob over in design to draw it cooler.... that's fucking it. Draw something cool, not a lump.

Nissan makes total garbage quality stuff, to be even a bit real. Datsun and the good cheap cool cars are decades gone, they make overpriced ugly flimsy crap. It would be a lot more interesting if they could settle for cheap and flimsy, cool and fast.

Nissan could take the money saved by building everyone's cars out of garbage, and make them better in other ways (ie. why should it matter where they drop the engine, except that you'll pay more if it's in the middle?) - they used to cut corners to do awesome stuff, now they cut corners to act as a money vacuum cleaner for the modern "economy", which is not about nissans strength over the next decades but about how much fake growth they can make in the next quarter, the rest be damned.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #12807
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

Again, proportion accordingly. I just don't want to see another IDX Retro Abortion.

Give it up, let it go.

And thinking this thing will be $35k is also ludicrous. At that point it will struggle to compete with a GT86, let alone a Mustang GT or Zupra.

You sir are actually in a minority as a lot of Z fans would love to see a return to looks similar to the original. I am sorry but you were never a z car enthusiast beyond owning a 350Z for like what 2 years? LOL

You just don?t seem to get the fact that most people loved the IDX and did not see as some kind of abortion.

You can shout about the fact that the Z was a copy a of something else but all of the Japanese cars for a long time where not immune from not copying other automakers European and American.

Z32 looked ok but some say it looked like a squashed frog
350Z look ok again styling was off neither were exactly exceptional looking.

P.S. you posted a pic of 280z calling it a 240Z sheesh you can?t even get your models straight. Lol Go home non enthusiast back to your OMG 700HP straight line Challenger.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:36 AM   #12808
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Give it up, let it go.

I don?t expect a new Z to be $35k. It?ll be a direct Supra competitor starting around $50k.

I?ll say what I said before, Nissan needs to reinvent itself as a niche, sports car centered brand. That doesn?t mean it doesn?t have SUVs and sedans, but they should all revolve around the brands sports cars. I suggested last week that they need a modular RWD platform and make a small RWD car, a new Z and then a GTR. Mazda announced they are doing that exact thing with the new RWD 6, CX-9 and RX-9. If Mazda can go this route, then Nissan can too. Mazda is TINY in comparison. So it?s not a financial issue. Then turn Infiniti into a direct Tesla competitor.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:01 AM   #12809
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
You sir are actually in a minority as a lot of Z fans would love to see a return to looks similar to the original. I am sorry but you were never a z car enthusiast beyond owning a 350Z for like what 2 years? LOL

You just don?t seem to get the fact that most people loved the IDX and did not see as some kind of abortion.

You can shout about the fact that the Z was a copy a of something else but all of the Japanese cars for a long time where not immune from not copying other automakers European and American.

Z32 looked ok but some say it looked like a squashed frog
350Z look ok again styling was off neither were exactly exceptional looking.

P.S. you posted a pic of 280z calling it a 240Z sheesh you can?t even get your models straight. Lol Go home non enthusiast back to your OMG 700HP straight line Challenger.
But here's the deal. Soy Latte Sipping Car Forum Nerds don't buy cars new. All those classic Datsun fans are not going to move the needle on new car sales.

Regardless of what Zilvia, NICO and whatever blog says about the Z32 and Z33, Nissan sold a shit ton of them new.

Nissan didn't sell squat for the retro 370Z. And for the IDX... It's internal competitor the Juke is like Nissans biggest seller.

Where are all those guys swearing they'd buy a GT86, Turbo-4 IRS Mustang/Camaro, Stinger or a Genesis Coupe? Still driving that $8k used car after seeing the $30k sticker.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #12810
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The price tags of the vehicles don't scare me at all. I was super close to pulling the trigger on the Stinger but I couldn't get my wife to see past the badge. If the next gen 86 is indeed a 250hp turbo, I'm in. If the IDX would have came out I would have bought one 100%.

In other news, the Supra went from 335 horsepower and 365 pound-feet of torque, to 382 horsepower and 368 pound-feet of torque. I'd be kinda bummed if I bought the first year now. Eeek. But it's good to see them bumping up the hp so much and so quickly.