Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #1231
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
in 4 days u serious that fucking crazy do you tweek

luke you are one crazy mofo
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #1232
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Nope. I dont do any drugs actually. Just alcohol, and that is not a controlled substance. Just goes to show once you have done something a bunch of times it goes pretty quick.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #1233
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayz240 View Post
Got my strut bar somewhat done finally after being distracted by a bunch of other projects. I'm still going to triangulate it when my other non-ABS S13 comes out from winter storage, this is just on my winter beater. ABS unit gets in the way so i cant get it mocked up yet.

Some of the welds are sloppy, I know.

[/IMG]
This FSTB looks real familiar...

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #1234
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Yes it looks similar but it doesn't have the nice welds like yours do Jonnie.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #1235
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
This FSTB looks real familiar...
Really?? Come on. Never seen your front bar to be honest. I mean other then the similarities of the bracket coming off the plate, how much can a strut bar differ? Round or rectangle stock? So we both happened to use rectangle.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #1236
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Quote:
Really?? Come on. Never seen your front bar to be honest. I mean other then the similarities of the bracket coming off the plate, how much can a strut bar differ? Round or rectangle stock? So we both happened to use rectangle.
Easy...I was messing with you. Mine is a loose copy of the Carbing...We go with what works.
I would love to see pics when you tie it back to the firewall.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #1237
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

sidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nice
heh, thought so but couldnt tell, my bad.

The more I look at the pics those welds are really bothering me, dont know how I made them so bad. Maybe I'll grind down and redo some. And I think I'm going to copy the bmc stop tie in while im at it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #1238
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
heh, thought so but couldnt tell, my bad.

The more I look at the pics those welds are really bothering me, dont know how I made them so bad. Maybe I'll grind down and redo some. And I think I'm going to copy the bmc stop tie in while im at it.
You are going to copy my BMC stopper, or Carbings?
Here is a pic of mine.

Some of your welds look a little cold...those gussets have got to be a pain to weld. What are you using..welder wise?
Here is a shot of my RSTB

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #1239
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How'd you bend the rectangle stock?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #1240
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

god those welds are beutiful. I'm using a blue-point mig. And yes those guessets were most definatly a pain, should have just left em out for a cleaner look.

Your desings nice looking, I'll just likely do whatever looks like it'll work easiest when I take a shot at it. What did you use for the actual 'stopper' piece? and would yours leave enough room for a Z32 bmc?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #1241
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdrifter View Post
How'd you bend the rectangle stock?
I put a triangular slot in the bottom and sides, bent it and welded it back solid. Looks like johnny did the same but I'm not sure.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #1242
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Light bar for rallycross

I finished this light bar for a customer's 323 GTX. Can't wait to turn these things on tonight in the snow.

driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #1243
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
to my knowledge no one makes waste gate dump tubes for the Full Race twin scroll dual wastegate turbo manifold, so I took it upon myself the try pie cut welding for the first time, I don't have a mig welder with gas here at the shop, so I mainly tacked here and there, I'll grind the ugly welds down and re-do them later and make them look all pretty before I add my logo to connect the two straight pieces of pipe on each dump tube.

onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #1244
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Some control arms I made for early Evo I-III that allow Evo VII-IX rear suspension. The are chromoly and less than half the weight and utilize 3 $9 (factory mitsubishi) monoball assemblies. We have a bunch of orders from UK customers as the Evo I-III are very popular there and late model suspension is hard to find. We machine the bearing races to spec on the lathe and then they are held solid in an aluminum jig while being welded.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #1245
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow that's pretty hot
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #1246
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftstyre View Post
Some control arms I made for early Evo I-III that allow Evo VII-IX rear suspension.

question, are the EVO I-III suspensions the same as US mirage suspension? cause i know mirages are somewhat rebadged lancers (im talking about the 4 doors mirage)...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #1247
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
question, are the EVO I-III suspensions the same as US mirage suspension? cause i know mirages are somewhat rebadged lancers (im talking about the 4 doors mirage)...

The front is similar but the rear is different. The rear is very similar to the CT9A but most links are steel instead of aluminum.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #1248
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
Those control arms are pretty pimp. Nice jig too.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #1249
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Nice arms !! LOL
Full Race dump tubes are looking good as well
WoolyS14DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #1250
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
here is my Full Race, Forrest Wang custom 6 point, FD legal. Love it. All welds go all the way around, main hoop and halo touch the roof. Great work.

before paint:

during paint process:

and finished product:

Volchok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #1251
blu808
Post Whore!

Sweet cage. How much did that set you back.

Bill: Im not even going to comment on those control arms because there is no way to describe how awesome they are.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #1252
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Bill: Im not even going to comment on those control arms because there is no way to describe how awesome they are.
"His enimies would go blind from over exposure to pure Awesomeness."

Kung fu panda

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #1253
blu808
Post Whore!

thanks Jeff. Your a sexy bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
^^^ So sexy. Ls1, of course lol. Cage placement and execution is top notch.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #1254
blairellis642

Trader Rating: (0)
blairellis642 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchok View Post
here is my Full Race, Forrest Wang custom 6 point, FD legal. Love it. All welds go all the way around, main hoop and halo touch the roof. Great work.

Any reason you decided not to go with a cross brace or an x brace in the rear also? Just curious is all. There are very few cages I see being built that don't have them.

The cage looks awesome, so don't think I've got some haterade over here. Just asking to understand is all.
blairellis642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #1255
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Sweet cage. How much did that set you back.

Thanks! $1500 for the cage. I got a really good deal for the work that was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairellis642 View Post
Any reason you decided not to go with a cross brace or an x brace in the rear also? Just curious is all. There are very few cages I see being built that don't have them.

The cage looks awesome, so don't think I've got some haterade over here. Just asking to understand is all.
Actually it was a matter of time/cost. I traded the xbars in the rear for door gussets. Mainly because I can very easily add the X bars in the rear at another time, which I will most likely do. I was most interested in making sure it was FD legal as I will be entering the FD qualifier here in Vegas in July.

I didn't give him much time to do the cage as I was trying not to miss an event. I do 1 event a month and will do anything not to miss one. Right now I am pulling the motor to install a new turbo, oil cooler, oil pan and paint the engine bay. Gotta have it done before Feb 22 VegasDrift.
Volchok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #1256
cazman

cazman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to cazman
My new radiator shroud with twin thermos, hopefully it will be finished by Feb, so I can drive my car again, but i still have all my intercooler piping and oilcooler etc to go

cazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #1257
cazman

cazman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to cazman
I also made this strut brace about 6 months ago, i thought i posted it up, but it didnt come up

End plates laser cut, but I then drilled the holes

Testing the end plates and design

I hate coping, reps to any cage builders

Half way through coping the end plate bars

Nearly done

Done, for now, I will make a master cyld brace and firewall brace at some point to go with it
cazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #1258
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
here is a guys s2000 at a local shop for me called national speed.. these guys are amazing.. car made 570whp or around abouts on completely stock internals..

here is a link to their site...

www.nationalspeedinc.com

they now hove a R&D shop called momentum that sales custom badass turbo kits like these
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 AM   #1259
Monooxide
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Monooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That intake manifold design has been proven to not be very effective for flow when the bell mouths aren't flush to the edge of the plenum and stick out into the opening like that.
Monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #1260
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monooxide View Post
That intake manifold design has been proven to not be very effective for flow when the bell mouths aren't flush to the edge of the plenum and stick out into the opening like that.

yeh idk why he did that
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote