Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #1201
travypoo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
travypoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to travypoo
I did a 35mm gate on my megan manofold as well. works awesome!

travypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #1202
s13_slider

s13_slider is an unknown quantity at this point
Just installed the .64 on my s13 blacktop motor. Coming from a smoking t28, all I have to say is WOW! Hooked up a wideband o2 to keep an eye on AFR, and it's running a solid 11.0:1, then dips into the 10 region over 6k RPM. Loving the turbo and can't wait til I get bigger injectors and a tune so I can run more than 10psi of boost!
s13_slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #1203
+Waldo+
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
+Waldo+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
How much did it cost you to do that on a MR manifold? That looks badass....

i picked up the entire set-up from some kid locally for about 250. he had never run it nor planned to, and only aquired it through a previous trade. so idk who had the work done or how much it would be. but its been done right which i was surpised to see, and why i grabbed it
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #1204
S!lv!aJunk!e

S!lv!aJunk!e is an unknown quantity at this point
just giving you guys a heads up, i have brand new JWT S3 cams available for anyone interested. remember these cams is what codyace is using in his setup and he loves it.
S!lv!aJunk!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #1205
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by S!lv!aJunk!e View Post
just giving you guys a heads up, i have brand new JWT S3 cams available for anyone interested. remember these cams is what codyace is using in his setup and he loves it.
how much u askin for em? pm me
Old 11-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #1206
deukalionS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
deukalionS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
damn! that external set up is sick!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #1207
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anybody have the actuator number for the gt2871r, the non-RS style?
Moon Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #1208
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nope, mine rubbed off... Just call garrett... or atpturbo.com. They will have it for sure.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #1209
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Hey guys, haven't been in while. I see some discussion regading external gates, and will honestly say (as I know i have in the past in this exact thread) that an internal gate for anyone running their car seriously, is pissing in the wind. Sure it works, but not for long..even when preloading the balls out of it, that diaphram simply can't keep up.

I didn't take these pictures (friend of mine did at a meet) of my setup. I really need to take more of my external gate really. It's a nice tight fit, but not impossible...even with the OE oil seperator (needs some hammer adjustment, but it works hehe).

Not the prettiest engine bay, all function.

I'm going to redyno the car hopefully before I tear it apart to change my power steering setup (and to put solid subframe/diff bushings int). If not, it'll be spring. Running more base timing, and water injection. I'd love to see 420 with the timing, and maybe another pound of boost (over the 400 and 410 dynos). I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it if I don't. The car trapped 121 so that's fast enough for me, for a road race car.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #1210
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Ill View Post
Anybody have the actuator number for the gt2871r, the non-RS style?
You'd probably be best off getting an HKS unit, as it'll cost the same.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 11-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #1211
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
This is the only cam to run in a Turbo SR20 car

Another guys car I just built made 390 whp...trapped 119 Only differences between mine and his were the intake manifold (he has a freddy), his tune (His is an enthalpy, which will be getting a reflash for soon...thanks Martin!) and his exhaust is a generic straight though bomb pipe. I think with the retune his car will easily see over 400 with it.

I hate to sound like a salesmen, but it's certainly ironic how these S3 powered cars are making the better power....and this is with a JWT car (mine) and an Enthalpy car (my buddies). Stock springs, stock retainers, 7850 rev limits. All day, everyday.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #1212
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
For the external, you welded it to the cast iron manifold correct? Now that is going to be pretty much a cold weld cause heating up that case iron manifold to correct welding temp is pretty hard... What do you think? Is it risky in terms of leakage or cracking due to the welding?

External definitely for the WIN! Better responses and unlikely to spike.

Is that a V38 or a V44?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #1213
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
For the external, you welded it to the cast iron manifold correct? Now that is going to be pretty much a cold weld cause heating up that case iron manifold to correct welding temp is pretty hard...
Stick it into a oven, and let it get hot. Cast iron is certainly pourous (think about it, it's cast...ya know, made with old Small Block Chevy's, and shovels and shiz haha), but once you heat it properly, it's a matter of just welding it normally with appropriate heat. Plus it takes some creativity in terms of getting a nice thick flange in there as well.

It's not for an incompetant welder for sure, a professional job if you want it to last. I've had it now for 2 years on my car, and 6 or 7 track days (countless fun runs and the sort too) without any issue. I also have it recirculated into my downpipe, as I'm to picky for a dump pipe (lol)..I just used exhaust flex pipe to route it, very easy.

Quote:
External definitely for the WIN! Better responses and unlikely to spike.
It's nice to have 10 psi, 15 psi, and 20 psi, without issue, nor worries.

Quote:
Is that a V38 or a V44?
Tial 38, 10 psi spring.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #1214
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
You'd probably be best off getting an HKS unit, as it'll cost the same.

That picture doesn't show clearly enough, but the actuator has to actually bend down towards the turbine housing. All the HKS ones are strait unfortunately.

I have two HKS ones, one for the S13 turbo and another for the S15 turbo.
Moon Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #1215
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Ill View Post

That picture doesn't show clearly enough, but the actuator has to actually bend down towards the turbine housing. All the HKS ones are strait unfortunately.

I have two HKS ones, one for the S13 turbo and another for the S15 turbo.
I made a custom bracket for mine to combat that issue....I went through 2 OE garrett ones, changed to a HKS, and then went with a Tial

Old 11-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #1216
slider2828
Post Whore!

Argh!!! I want that... I was talking t BLU808 about how to do it correctly, but yeah you REALLY gotta stick that thing into a hot oven. We were doing research on how to do it the best way, but you need to get that thing up to, if I remember correctly, like 900F, and then weld it. Basically get as close to the welder temp. Either way its very hard and expensive. Liek I said, just might go with the external setup on the compressor side... which is also 300 dollars....

But I like your setup, and awesome attention to detail with dumping the pipe back into the exhaust... Environment thank yous hahah if you run a CAT lol... Plus you really reduce noise I think....

You know tial is awesome, but I want the Turkey call of HKS.... Hahaha, too bad they use a proprietary flange.....
Old 11-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #1217
blkkouki
Leaky Injector

blkkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote=ni5mo240;2471881]Your power fc has a boost warning/limiter feature built in to it. When you try to dyno at 18-19 psi it cuts out, mine was doing the same thing until I turned the boost warn off[/quote

Last edited by blkkouki; 11-27-2009 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: delete
blkkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #1218
S!lv!aJunk!e

S!lv!aJunk!e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This is the only cam to run in a Turbo SR20 car

Another guys car I just built made 390 whp...trapped 119 Only differences between mine and his were the intake manifold (he has a freddy), his tune (His is an enthalpy, which will be getting a reflash for soon...thanks Martin!) and his exhaust is a generic straight though bomb pipe. I think with the retune his car will easily see over 400 with it.

I hate to sound like a salesmen, but it's certainly ironic how these S3 powered cars are making the better power....and this is with a JWT car (mine) and an Enthalpy car (my buddies). Stock springs, stock retainers, 7850 rev limits. All day, everyday.
There you go, listen to him guys. $500shipped anyone?
S!lv!aJunk!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #1219
+Waldo+
Zilvia Member

I would have been all over that if you had posted it before i ordered my tomei's :/

lame.

update as far as mine goes, only thing im waiting on to drop it all in is my injectors(ordered a set off a member on here and am in a paypal dispute at the moment trying to get my money back becuase he fell off the face of the earth once he got my money and never sent anything

so someone find me some tomei 740's!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #1220
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You can run my 550's for a while if you want. I wont need them for another 2 months that way you can get it all installed and running while searching for another set.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #1221
+Waldo+
Zilvia Member

my ecu is set for 740's...
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #1222
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
There you go, listen to him guys. $500shipped anyone?
I might be all over these soon - gonna trry n sell my Tomei 256's - wish I hadnt sold my original set of S3's
Old 11-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #1223
codyace
Post Whore!

Remember to check sr20forum, and sr20-forum for good deals on used S3 cams. FWD and RWD are interchangable

Old 11-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #1224
lancesr201
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
lancesr201 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My last car was a FWD sentra SE-R. i made 333whp and 317lbs tq at 15lbs of boost. stock engine. running a GT2871R, tial 44mm external on a custom manifold. 550cc sard, and EMS stinger standalone.

lancesr201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #1225
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
z2roll4life7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this is my first post in here and im new to the 2871r Club
I wanted to see a baseline so i Just Got Back From the dyno
this Was the First time Me and My car Have ever Been On a dyno
i didnt no what to expect but im happy With the results

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x704 and weights 196KB.

Mod's Are

Sr-20 red Top
Stock Block
Stock Head
Stock Injectors
Tuned ECU by E-Mance
2871r turbo .86 hot side
Spec Flywheel & Stage 3+ clutch
1pc Steel Drive Shaft
walbro 255lph fuel Pump
Cs FPR
Greddy Front Mount
HKS SSQV
IsIs Intake Manifold
IsIs turbine Outlet
Test Pipe
Apexi N1 Duals

this was at 14psi with spiking at 17psi (Need a Stiffer wastegate)
but Afr Stayed Whell into the 11's and at redline was no higher than 12.2
Old 12-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #1226
knate
Leaky Injector

knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2roll4life7 View Post
Stock Injectors
2871r turbo .86 hot side
Cs FPR

Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #1227
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knate View Post
Holy crap man.. what fuel pressure are you running to do over 300whp on 370s? I don't think your fuel pump is very happy..
Just running 49 PSI of fuel 5 Psi more then the Factory Setting
My injectors Are pinned out and if my walbro cant cut it ill just buy another one there pretty cheap lol
any ways ill have new injectors in soon this was just to see what it could do
z2roll4life7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1228
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just running 49 PSI of fuel 5 Psi more then the Factory Setting
My injectors Are pinned out and if my walbro cant cut it ill just buy another one there pretty cheap lol
any ways ill have new injectors in soon this was just to see what it could do
49 psi of what? 49 PSI base? With a 1:1 regulator you're looking at nearly 64 psi of fuel on the top end....talk about the injector coiling hating life! The walbro won't care at all, but those little 370's are gonna be working double time!

I don't think the numbers are bad, but the car could use some smoothing out in regard to to the tune (may even be due to the injectors and or MAS you're susing).

If yo uget the right fuel setup and cams in there, you'll easily be over 350 whp

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #1229
z2roll4life7
Zilvia Member

Quote:
49 psi of what? 49 PSI base? With a 1:1 regulator you're looking at nearly 64 psi of fuel on the top end....talk about the injector coiling hating life! The walbro won't care at all, but those little 370's are gonna be working double time!

I don't think the numbers are bad, but the car could use some smoothing out in regard to to the tune (may even be due to the injectors and or MAS you're susing).

If yo uget the right fuel setup and cams in there, you'll easily be over 350 whp
yeah the injectors are hating life lol but my Tune was for a t-28 and z32 maf so its off by alot but i ended up getting the 2871r because a local guy wanted the .64 instead so i got the .86 for CHEAP only been ran once!!! (im on a budget like many 240sx owners) but with my new injectors i hope to bump up the boost up to 19 psi and Tune my ECU on the dyno then i was planning to get Jimwolf S4 cams and i hope to be at 350 on pump gas
but Right now shes a hand Full so i still need to learn this new power
ill be the first to say i need to be a better driver
z2roll4life7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #1230
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
this is my first post in here and im new to the Mod's Are

Sr-20 red Top
Stock Block
Stock Head
Stock Injectors
Tuned ECU by E-Mance
2871r turbo .86 hot side
Spec Flywheel & Stage 3+ clutch
1pc Steel Drive Shaft
walbro 255lph fuel Pump
Cs FPR
Greddy Front Mount
HKS SSQV
IsIs Intake Manifold
IsIs turbine Outlet
Test Pipe
Apexi N1 Duals

im sorry but there is no way in hell those are 370cc injectors, you must be running upward of 100psi of fuel pressure. def at 17psi on a 2871. or your injectors are bigger than u think. i had 370 injectors on my 2871r at first with 55-60psi of pressure and it would be around 98-99% duty cycle 11.8-12.1 AFR and I WAS ON 10 POUNDS!!!!! I cant imagine 17psi. fuck i can barely run 17psi on E-85 with 19* timing and 740cc injectors.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote