Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #12181
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wonder what the poi t of them even offering the GTR at this point. They don’t use it to cultivate the brand image any more and it’s expensive to produce and it barely sells.

Just axe the damn thing and fast track an reinvent the GTR name as EV version and move on. Purists will be pissed but it could could really be killer. Make it super low, wide and blazing fast.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #12182
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^The funny part is, take your post, replace GTR with 370z and it still rings true.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #12183
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
the 370z and GTR are paid off in terms of development and production costs for the most part so i think Nissan is keeping them on simply because they actually make money on them now. no reason to get rid of them at this point seeing as both cars are well in the black in terms of profits.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #12184
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-s-po...ner-is-not-bmw

I like this... Fuck the new zupra.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #12185
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Should be out in 10 years.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:45 AM   #12186
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Pardon us bot but these are way off topic.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #12187
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/03/...-brz-86-tokyo/

Shit TAS sounds like it’s going to be a big deal. A production version of the Mazda Vision Coupe, a higher performance Supra, and a new 86/BRZ! If that all happens that would be something else.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:02 AM   #12188
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
yeeeeeeeeeeah, uh... those reports care coming from Best Car. id take them with a huge grain of salt!

Old 09-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #12189
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
The new platform will hold a new engine, although it won't be the revelation many fans want. The magazine says the Subaru 2.0-liter FA20 will retire, making way for the Subaru 2.4-liter FA24. The FA24 is the same engine in the Subaru Ascent crossover, where it produces 260 hp and 277 lb-ft. There'll be no such fireworks for the sporty twins due in the first half of 2021, output reported to be "improved to 220 ps," or 217 hp — a 12-hp bump over the current figure. Subaru did say the FA24 "was designed for torque, not horsepower," so it's possible engineers could pour on a noteworthy increase over the BRZ's present 156 lb-ft.

Congrats. here is your 2021 240sx.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #12190
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

If that kinda hp and tq happen it’ll be a game changer for that car.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #12191
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
If that kinda hp and tq happen it’ll be a game changer for that car.

Shout out to that. 260hp/277tq would be would be a fun car to whip around.

Hey off topic kinda but kinda not.

Any of yall drive Caddy ATSs?

Been looking at them 15-17k on the used market for the 2.0T with a manual.
with this upgrade https://www.vermonttuning.com/produc...390hp-package/seems like could be a dope car.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #12192
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Shout out to that. 260hp/277tq would be would be a fun car to whip around.

Hey off topic kinda but kinda not.

Any of yall drive Caddy ATSs?

Been looking at them 15-17k on the used market for the 2.0T with a manual.
with this upgrade https://www.vermonttuning.com/produc...390hp-package/seems like could be a dope car.
I drove one before I bought the Volvo. Spec’d a white one with the black trim package. I loved it honestly. It was just too small and the lack of utility (of any sedan really) even for a second car, I couldn’t do it.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #12193
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I drove one before I bought the Volvo. Spec’d a white one with the black trim package. I loved it honestly. It was just too small and the lack of utility (of any sedan really) even for a second car, I couldn’t do it.

Really? Do tell!

Steering feel?
Driving impression?

Don't spare the details.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #12194
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Really? Do tell!

Steering feel?
Driving impression?

Don't spare the details.
Super balanced and pretty flat in the turns. I’ve never driven a Camaro but I can imagine it feels exactly like a more luxury version of one. The visibility was also great as well as the seats.

I’d buy a ATS V in a heart beat if I could make it work for me.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #12195
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nissan needs to strip down the Infiniti Q60 model, and sale it as the new s16 or what ever name they deem appropriate. The Mercedes 4 cylinder engine in the Q60 can handle 400 hp all day! The car needs to weigh 2800-3200 lbs with options to make it lighter through the trim packages. They could make a Carbon edition and trim off 300 pounds off! 2800 lbs car with 400 hp 0.14 weight to power/ 3200 car with 400 hp weight to power 0.125

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan...-ar178539.html
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #12196
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

That would be more Z appropriate. A car like your describing would be $45k+. A S Chassis successor would have to be a 86/BRZ competitor and be in the upper $20’ to mid $30’s.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #12197
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Not if they K.I.S.S. I doesn't need all the bells and whistles. RWD power locks, windows, ac, 6 speed, Bluetooth phone and radio, and use the same nismo seats from the maxima.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:01 PM   #12198
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
^what for if they can keep making money building and selling overpriced cars over loaded with tech? It's already been proven that people are willing to pay stupid high prices for flashy shit that they probably will never even fully learn how to use, now there's no going back. Us wanting affordable strippers arent even in the map for them. Im actually surprised the frs is still going.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #12199
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
next brz/86 sounds like a good step forwards. The power increase to 217hp isnt substantial, but the torque would be welcome. I’m excited to see how well it’d do against the miata and its pricing. I do wish it was a turbo, and that toyota made the 86 in house instead of relying on Subaru, but those are not a big deal. Not that I’d get an auto, but a better one would be good for sales.

I’m thankful it was even made, that it still comes with a stick, and isnt going to be a crossover. Really liking Toyota a lot as a company these days. I think they’re the most interesting Japanese manufacturer today as far as making fun cars.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:37 AM   #12200
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
^^ Not if they K.I.S.S. I doesn't need all the bells and whistles. RWD power locks, windows, ac, 6 speed, Bluetooth phone and radio, and use the same nismo seats from the maxima.
Can’t happen. Things like government mandated air bags, rear parking cams, epa fleet averages add costs to cars before they even get penned by a designer. That and kids love tech and can’t live without it. Even though some of us old guys want cars like that, sports cars in that price range are still oriented towards 20 somethings making bad financial decisions. Of the Japanese companies Nissan especially is all about it’s safety tech (360 around vehicle view, etc) and spreading those costs to every vehicle. I just don’t see Nissan motivated to much of anything bold right now with the revolving doors that are on a lot of their higher up positions. It’s a real shit show right now. I think it was just last week a new Infiniti boss stepped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I’m thankful it was even made, that it still comes with a stick, and isnt going to be a crossover. Really liking Toyota a lot as a company these days. I think they’re the most interesting Japanese manufacturer today as far as making fun cars.
I’d argue it’s Mazda and Toyota is a runner up. Toyota has one more sports car then Mazda but virtually everything else Mazda offers is designed to be the sportiest vehicle in its segment. Plus their designs are so bold.

I do give credit to Akio Toyoda though for trying to do the same thing with Toyota. The 2000’s and first half is the 2010’s were an extremely stale time at Toyota. The sportiness of the Camry and Avalon, the 86 and Supra happening, that’s all him.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #12201
Future240
Future Moderator

Plus the fact sports cars are not really that profitable. Not a lot of the population wants a 2 dr car. Even less than that, most of the population wants automatics.

A 2dr manual car is probably the hardest car on the market to sell if it is not made by Ford, Fiat-Chry or Chevy.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #12202
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i hate that the above statement is complete fact about the automotive industry in current times... and it blows my mind to think of how we ever allowed it to get to that point.

*sigh* this getting old thing sucks...

Old 09-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #12203
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ I just cried inside!
Old 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #12204
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Plus the fact sports cars are not really that profitable. Not a lot of the population wants a 2 dr car. Even less than that, most of the population wants automatics.

A 2dr manual car is probably the hardest car on the market to sell if it is not made by Ford, Fiat-Chry or Chevy.
Meh. Even in the 60's and 70's Automatics had a huge take rate and made the bulk of Muscle Car sales.

With the advent of better transmissions, a manual has no actual advantage other then subjective feels.

Just wait till everything is EV and you won't even get the roar of a piston engine.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #12205
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Just wait till everything is EV and you won't even get the roar of a piston engine.
Actually, I welcome this... more so for the truck community. No one needs to hear your auto with an exhaust, or rattly ass diesel engine.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #12206
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i hate that the above statement is complete fact about the automotive industry in current times... and it blows my mind to think of how we ever allowed it to get to that point.

*sigh* this getting old thing sucks...
It’s really not surprising though. The combination of smart phones, the emasculation of male culture (yes women like cars too but it’s still mostly a mans hobby/interest) and cars becoming more and more high tech and harder to work on, there’s just so little interest by the youth today.

Really does suck.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #12207
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Can’t happen. Things like government mandated air bags, rear parking cams, epa fleet averages add costs to cars before they even get penned by a designe.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/04/...-seat-warning/

Boom, as if I willed it to happen (hint: I didn’t). Right on cue, another reason why we can’t have cheap, bare bones cars. At least this is the manufacturers doing it to us themselves and not the government mandating it.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #12208
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
It's already happening, but 'analog' used cars are only going to jump up in price even more. Starting projects on anything remotely moddable is becoming pricier than it already is. I can't find a clean 1.8l NA Miata for less than 5k! Clean S13s are hitting S14 prices. S14 prices are ridiculous now.

Except for G20s, for some reason they keep tanking and they're not THAT bad haha.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #12209
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

why are humans getting so STUPID!!??!?!??!? BACK SEAT WARNING!??!?!? WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCK!?!?!??!

like srsly... any and all responsibilities of being a SKILLED driver are being handed off to computational reminders and nannies.

can the meteor hit tomorrow... PLEASE?!

oh wait, no... not until my other is returned to me after her surgery as id rather die with her than by myself. oh and my cat being returned home after being sick.

fuck dog people

im drunk, die in a fire! lol :P

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 09-05-2019 at 12:03 AM..
Old 09-05-2019, 02:23 AM   #12210
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

theres even a gradual decline of stick shift options in those brands. I wont be suprised if within 10 years there wont be manuals at all. there’s a chance that at this point in history, cars will only go significantly downhill as far as driver involvement goes, worsened further by increasingly intrusive safety tech, much of which are becoming more difficult to opt out of.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote