Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #12091
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
It’s a great car if you want a shitload of power I guess, but it just can’t compete with the Mustang or Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you include the Charger that also sells 60k units a year, then it's beating both of them.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #12092
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

If you include the Charger that also sells 60k units a year, then it's beating both of them.

Who cares. The Camry outsells both.

It still doesn’t help the Charger compete with cars in its class.

The turbo Camaro 1LE is only 5 seconds slower then a hellcat. I bet a Scat Pack would get beat by the turbo 4 cyl Camaro.
No matter what you say that shouldn’t happen

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #12093
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
Who cares. The Camry outsells both.

It still doesn’t help the Charger compete with cars in its class.

The turbo Camaro 1LE is only 5 seconds slower then a hellcat. I bet a Scat Pack would get beat by the turbo 4 cyl Camaro.
No matter what you say that shouldn’t happen

Have you ever even been on a race track?

Put down the magazine son and pull your head out of your ass.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #12094
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Have you ever even been on a race track?

Put down the magazine son and pull your head out of your ass.

I raced SCCA from 16-21. Even got to race before I had a license

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #12095
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was just behind a black Challenger on the freeway and the shape of it from the rear and rear 3/4 is just awful. It looks like the center of gravity is 5' off the ground. It tapers inward so much from the beltline that it looks like an actual BOAT. I honestly just don't care about power figures enough to look past bad design. But I do art for a living so...
Old 07-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #12096
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the front end and profile are more appealing. I agree if the ride height is off, it resembles a yacht more from the less flattering rear end.

I do visually like the widebody treatment and some of the paints offered. Id have killed for that green or purple on my camaro.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #12097
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...-chevy-camaro/

1000hp Yenko for $70k. That’s the stuff.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #12098
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...an-gt4-review/

The GT4 sounds like THE perfect $100k car.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 AM   #12099
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/10/...ng-deliveries/

Isn’t this just the epitome of what’s wrong with Acura/Honda right now (and the last 15+ years)? They come up with this arguably decent looking new TLX and this cool color and idea to do this hand built gimmick, charge $50k for it...cool. Wait, it has 16 LESS hp (290) than the Civic Type R?? Lol.

The Infiniti Q50 Red Sport is $50k is RWD and has a 400hp TT V6.

I know we all love to rip on Nissan, but this makes Nissan look like a bunch of geniuses in comparison.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #12100
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Hmm
They def can sell more if it was a Civic Type R Rally.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #12101
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
the tlx doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think the 30ish k accord 2.0t is about as quick and does most things just as well bar having an awd option.

I think honda did not take enough risks with the acura brand to make their models stand apart other than visual design. the ilx in particular should be just killed off entirely.

I like honda a lot. Apart from some questionable design elements, i find pretty much their entire lineup solid. If I had to get a new daily driver, I'd give their insight hybrid a good look.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 07-12-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #12102
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

I like honda a lot. Apart from some questionable design elements, i find pretty much their entire lineup solid. If I had to get a new daily driver, I'd give their insight hybrid a good look.
Yeah Honda hasn’t done anything for me since the third gen TL. IMO the last attractive car they’ve made. And that was 11 years ago. Everything is so overwrought. There’s just lines and shapes everywhere. The Civic Type R is the worst culprit of them all. Like a 12 year olds drawing of a “fast car”. The current Accord is by far the nicest looking car they’ve made in a long time.

I was behind a S2000 for some time the other day and even my wife commented on how good that car still looks. So clean and simple it’s stands the test of time. The mark of a true classic.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #12103
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...an-gt4-review/

The GT4 sounds like THE perfect $100k car.
I like it! A damn LOT ! This goes on the acquisition list for sure!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #12104
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I like it a lot too and thats a shit load of money. used ‘16 gt4’s are also right around $100k. if you can afford one not only will they barely depreciate. it may turn out to be an investment years from now.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:17 AM   #12105
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...argets-model-3

More reasons why I wouldn’t touch a Tesla. Cars coming off the line with electrical tape, missing bolts and lug nuts. That on top of them working their people to death.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #12106
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 07-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #12107
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
That should die.

Also, more LOL from Nissan. Let's restyle a newer car to look like a car designed 15 years ago. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/16/...ot-2-revealed/
Old 07-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #12108
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
sorry but i would own one of those in an instant... IF THEY MADE IT IN STICK SHIFT!!!!!

the new skyline sedan revision looks SOOOOOO good! but no third pedal so choke on a dong!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #12109
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
sorry but i would own one of those in an instant... IF THEY MADE IT IN STICK SHIFT!!!!!

the new skyline sedan revision looks SOOOOOO good! but no third pedal so choke on a dong!

Old 07-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #12110
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Not bad until you get to the last 6" of the vehicle. That part is absolute shit. Though it's basically a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #12111
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah the back is just atrocious. So narrow and high. Thanks for taking it down. Lol
Old 07-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #12112
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...argets-model-3

More reasons why I wouldn’t touch a Tesla. Cars coming off the line with electrical tape, missing bolts and lug nuts. That on top of them working their people to death.
I browse the Tesla forums daily just for entertainment. Every day you'll see a fresh supply of threads regarding the skyrocketing insurance rates, very extensive wait times for vehicle repairs, complaints of poor vehicle construction, and terrible customer service. The threads will always have Tesla fanbois vehemently defending all of Teslas shortcomings and downright slamming the thread posters for slandering the beloved Tesla.

The latest price adjustment is great for potential customers; terrible for current owners. Own a pearl white Perf Model 3? Your car just lost $6500 in value overnight. That's gotta sting!!!!

Elon had the opportunity to make Tesla the greatest car company on the planet. He seems hell-bent on going bankrupt instead.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:17 AM   #12113
Corbic
Post Whore!

Hi, I'm Nissan, and I'm going to use styling language from a 12 year old car design.

I don't hate it, it's just a confusing move.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:27 AM   #12114
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
^
That should die.

Also, more LOL from Nissan. Let's restyle a newer car to look like a car designed 15 years ago. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/16/...ot-2-revealed/
Quote:
Hi, I'm Nissan, and I'm going to use styling language from a 12 year old car design.

I don't hate it, it's just a confusing move.
That’s what I said boobie trap.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #12115
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

it almost seems like Nissan is trying to tie its Skyline roots back into its GTR roots... which might not be a bad thing. especially since Ghosn isnt involved anymore.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #12116
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
it almost seems like Nissan is trying to tie its Skyline roots back into its GTR roots... which might not be a bad thing. especially since Ghosn isnt involved anymore.
But they also have no future planned for thr GTR.

I've stated multiple times they should have killed the 370Z and released a poor man's GTR. This would dramatically drive down pricing with even an incremental volume increase.

Just offer the same body with different wheels, brakes and power trains.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #12117
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Im sure the GTR’s future will include further price increases.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:32 PM   #12118
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
But they also have no future planned for thr GTR.

I've stated multiple times they should have killed the 370Z and released a poor man's GTR. This would dramatically drive down pricing with even an incremental volume increase.

Just offer the same body with different wheels, brakes and power trains.
I honestly think they will not kill the Z in some way shape or form they will probably still make it.

Its really a huge Halo car for them even more so than the GTR from the sense of they sold it all over the world at a time when the GTR was only a special edition of their Japanese luxury line, in the beginning and then was always an off and on model.

Whereas the Z reigned for 26 years straight in different reiterations evolving onward. Ya the killed it when the company was nearly going bankrupt but it came back even under Ghosn even as he would ultimately try to bury it and the companies sporting image for the sake of people movers.

Fact is yes Z sales are in the toilet but thats mostly because they have done nothing with it for 10 years design wise and a lot of that had to do with Ghosn.

The fact that are taking design language back on the Q50 aka Skyline is a harbinger of change going on at Nissan corporate. I am not holding my breath but its a better tack than they have taken in the last 10 years lol.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #12119
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I rented a challenger and thoroughly enjoyed it and can only imagine what the better suspension setups would be like in the higher tier models.. However, that bump in the tunnel near the gas pedal was a pain in the ass for long drives. For whatever reason it placed my foot in an awkward angle that made it ACHE. Really a shame! I love my Mustang, but the challenger's looks are just my cup of tea. Can't compare with the interior of the mustang at all in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #12120
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

watching the C8 reveal right now...