Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #1171
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^

~___________________________~
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #1172
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
lol... s0apgun #1

Completed the last of the tear-down stuff for the season tonight- everything left will be reassembly. I removed my smashed up, dented, and cracked front fenders- as well as my front bumper and lip. The paint on the bumper and lip was executed poorly and chipping in several areas, so it all needed to be redone professionally. That's what I get for cheaping out last spring...

Hopefully, I will have my front bumper, lip, fenders, and headlight covers resprayed next week. I need to install and roll the new front fenders before I have them painted as well. So, assuming I can get a hold of a roller, I will have all of that stuff in for paint early next week.

Here are some pics of how the car sits- really need to clean the garage up at this point, lol:

I happened to find a new GReddy alternator pulley for super cheap on Zilvia to go with the power steering pulley I just installed, so I decided to snag that as well:

[Image Lost]

I'll update as I make progress through the week/weekend!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:29 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #1173
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
joshls2 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your garage looks fine, doesn't look too dirty to me. though.. that sheetrock could use some paint.
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #1174
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Arent getting little shiny parts fun? LOL Looking good cant wait for more updates.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #1175
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
haha, yeah panting the drywall is on the list for this spring- as soon as the car is done and on the road! I also want to coat the floor... all in due time!

And thanks Persona- I love little shiny stuff for sure, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #1176
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I need to install and roll the new front fenders before I have them painted as well. So, assuming I can get a hold of a roller, I will have all of that stuff in for paint early next week.
Old BF's got your back.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #1177
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Still looks good torn apart!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #1178
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Been following your build for quite a bit and I have to say that you have a very clean car. Hopefully, I'll have mine looking half as good as yours does, one day(Type X FTW!).

I remember reading, a while ago, that you had received hood dampers from Redline Tuning. I checked their website and they still don't seem to have them for 240sxs. Do you know what happened with that? Did they scrap the plan to make them?
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #1179
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it for sure.

To be honest, I am not totally sure what happened with that. I sent them the article and whatnot after the magazine came out, but I never got a response from them. Both of the guys that run the company were super helpful and cool, so I was kind of surprised by that. I would drop them an email and see if they would be willing to sell you a kit.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #1180
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That is what I ended up doing and they said:

Quote:
Hello,
This system has not been released yet – we have not finalized the gas springs for this installation. We might end up having our volunteer visit us again this Spring to determine the exact gas spring force for this installation as this has yet to be finalized. Sorry for the delay.
Brian

Redline Tuning
Looks like they might get you to head back there! haha. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #1181
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
a tip for the fenders. maybe instead of using a roller just lay the fender down and hammer the lip super flat.
i found that with a roller i still couldnt get it very good.

just a suggestion
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #1182
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ I believe this to be truth. At least when dealing with s13 front fenders. Just grab a body hammer and hit the lip ever so gently; it shouldn't deform the rest of the fender at all.

It's great to see that the magazine and all the "OMFG your car is the perfect 180sx rep" compliments coming from the masses have not stopped you from calling the car "finished".
It's great to see constant improvement in it! Good luck!
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #1183
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreek View Post
Looks like they might get you to head back there! haha. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Ah ok, bummer haha. They mentioned that they wanted to try a different shock on it, but they were out of them when I was there. I offered to come back last fall to try the other one, but I didn't hear back... I guess I should hit them up! Thanks for the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
a tip for the fenders. maybe instead of using a roller just lay the fender down and hammer the lip super flat.
i found that with a roller i still couldnt get it very good.

just a suggestion
I appreciate the advice man- I have heard the fronts are difficult to roll due to how flimsy they are. I actually did this method with my first set of fenders back when I got the car in 2008, and I bent them up pretty good. I was able to get them back on the car with some stretching and whatnot while bolting them down, but that experience made me want to try the roller this time around to see how it goes. Granted, I was kind of a moron and could barely turn a wrench to save my life at the time, so I'm sure that was a factor too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
^ I believe this to be truth. At least when dealing with s13 front fenders. Just grab a body hammer and hit the lip ever so gently; it shouldn't deform the rest of the fender at all.

It's great to see that the magazine and all the "OMFG your car is the perfect 180sx rep" compliments coming from the masses have not stopped you from calling the car "finished".
It's great to see constant improvement in it! Good luck!
Noted. I'll try a couple of methods and take my time and it should come out OK. And thanks, I do what I can haha. There was honestly still tons of stuff that I would have liked to have had before a magazine feature like that, but I truly never thought I would be offered an opportunity like that- so I had to take it while I could get it! I think there will always be things I want to improve on this car, though. I enjoy it a lot, but it is far from perfect!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #1184
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Still reading this thread, and drooling over your amazing work man. Keep it up, never stop!
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #1185
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
+1 on hammer, I used a towel to lay the fender on then a normal hammer from the garage. s0ap will agree, Lazy spec all the way.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #1186
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
that is how i did it

thought about using a fender roller this time but fuck it
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #1187
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_drifter View Post
Nice, And it begins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newslidz View Post
maby we should hold a event at a track next time???? and get toby to see what his car will run.. im ready to see what everybody does..

^^^ LMAO @ haters.

But +2 on hammering fenders.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #1188
newslidz
Zilvia Member

newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
^^^ LMAO @ haters.

But +2 on hammering fenders.

Not quite sure why you put me under a hater category since I am not hating on anything... please explain?

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #1189
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
Still reading this thread, and drooling over your amazing work man. Keep it up, never stop!
haha, thanks man! No plans to stop or sell it any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
+1 on hammer, I used a towel to lay the fender on then a normal hammer from the garage. s0ap will agree, Lazy spec all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
that is how i did it

thought about using a fender roller this time but fuck it
Thanks dudes. I will probably do a little bit of both.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #1190
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

So, I ordered my new wheels back on December 22nd. I was very fortunate to get an awesome hookup through Peter at Modified, and ended up dealing with Brian at Mackin Industries. After going back and forth a bit, I decided to order some Volk TE37s in Mercury Silver- 17x9 +15 F, 18x9.5 +12 R.

I could have gone with bronze since those are a standard color and were in stock (except for a +22 up front instead of +15), but I thought that it might be too dark on the black car. I really like the BROWN TE37s a lot, but I wanted to have a little bit more pop on my car. The wheels were expected to arrive within 90 days, which would have been March 22nd.

Unfortunately, I got word yesterday that manufacturing will be complete by the end of March and the wheels will arrive by the end of April at the soonest. So, it looks like I am still in for a bit of a wait. I might end up borrowing my old Works if I want to drive the car before mid-May, but we'll see what happens. I'd hate to miss some nice weather days because of not having any wheels on the car!

Here is a quick mock up I put together when I was deciding on wheel color. I think the new setup is going to look pretty awesome! I have always wanted a set of TEs:

Of course, I will keep everyone updated and post up pics as soon as they arrive. I am chomping at the bit!

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #1191
newslidz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Damon

I am glad you listen to what I said it makes me happy inside

JUST A RED TOP SR
Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #1192
RussellM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (57)
RussellM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
I will only be satisfied if we can catch your car in the wild rocking steelies.

Only then will I truly respect you.

888-673-4063
RussellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #1193
newslidz
Zilvia Member

I honestly like the choice... here was the other option and agree with it being darker...

JUST A RED TOP SR
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #1194
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
I will only be satisfied if we can catch your car in the wild rocking steelies.

Only then will I truly respect you.
LOL. That would be pretty funny dude. Maybe with some awesome snow tires on it...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #1195
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Silver definately fits your car best, its not too dull/dark and it pops without being an absurd color.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #1196
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
HAHA I had a feeling that it would be set of Volks! Nice choice in colour BTW!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #1197
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hahaha that Volk umbrella I got him kind of gave it away.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #1198
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
volk umbrella to keep his volk wheels dry in the rain?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #1199
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
who are you kidding, this thing never sees rain! lol

You're such a hardparker damon!
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #1200
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Hmm. I'd be curious to see how Gunmetal TE37's look on your car Damon. I know they won't "pop" like the mercury silver, but it would give the car a dark and ominous look