Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #91
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
They are luxury for sure. I drove a 2.2 and a 2.0 model and I tell you.... WTF are the japanese guys doing to it to make it fast, cause it ain't. I can tell it CAN handle well but out of the box its ok. But yah like I said, you have to do so much to it to make it fast and handle like 350z and stuff.
Have you driven either on a track?

I take it you haven't.

Please, don't comment about what you don't know. My only real complaint about the s2000 is that it handles sorta kinda like 911's do....in the sense where you feal invinceable, and then you keep pushing it, and then you end up having the ass end snap around, and you're F-ed. You can correct it if you catch it early, but there is certainly a learning curve associated with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Unless you've driven an old vw bug don't talk about idiotic reverse gears.
QFT. We actually put a Hurst Shifter in our 65, which had a nice little pull up trigger style thing...that wasn't to bad! What was scarey is that regardless of gear, you always felt like you were in nuetral (long arm wobble haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe30 View Post
alot of s2k owners have or are interested owning almost every other car.
I've noticed that too...most of my s2k buddies have had many cars before the S....

Anywho, I like s2ks. They handle great, look nice, and don't really have enough HP with bolt ons to get you in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love their powerbands (Having driven 2 stroke dirtbikes as a kid, this thing is like the car version), but unlike my 240, where I gotta really pay attention to where she's pointing, the s2k is 'man-handleable' in the sense that you don't really need to fear it to much hehe.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #92
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I driven only the 2.0 around the track, yah don't get me wrong it handles well and very good balance, but vs other cars like evo's, sti's, or even corvettes, it lacks some exploitable advantages besides man handling it...
Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #93
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
Quote:
I driven only the 2.0 around the track, yah don't get me wrong it handles well and very good balance, but vs other cars like evo's, sti's, or even corvettes, it lacks some exploitable advantages besides man handling it...
The last track day I was at there were EVO's, STI's, Viper, so on... Beat them all... If you want that extra punch, get some 4.77 gears for 300 bucks and be done with it. If not get a used SC for 2500-3500 and get a nice 300rwhp.

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #94
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S2k is a car on my short list too...I'll probably be moving somewhere warmer and having more income in a few years, so something in the 10-15k range sounds about right. Not sure how I'd feel about a vert as a DD though. But, I do love the S2K styling, and I'm sure the power would be plenty. You could also just get a NB miata, throw on a coldside SC kit, and make around 190 whp safely forever. Would probably cost a lot less and be faster, but there's always the Miata homo-factor to deal with if such things concern you.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #95
hoa
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
hoa can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
from what i see is that everyone is a torque lover. with that in mind, you will see a lack of power for this car. it has a lot of potential at high end. ive raced my s2k against my friends 350z all the time and the s2k will overtake the 350z slowly (rolling.)

bottom line about this car is that its not made for straight lines. most people only compare the car on straight lines where you expect a lot of power out of the car. s2k is not one of those cars. s2k is made for curvy roads.

you cant really compare a boosted car against an na car either because it will not react the same. throw a turbo kit on the s2k and you will make massive power out of it. with just a turbo upgrade and everything else bone stock, it will put out around 550rwhp. this is only around 16psi.
hoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #96
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
I understand that. I was moreso comparing roadsters in the 10-15k range. Boosted miatas do have very flat torque curves, which leads to a nice progressive power curve, somewhat similar to the S2K (albeit the S2K has VTEC of course, so the torque curve abruptly shifts upwards at that point). As an all around fun car, I think the S2K would be great. As a DD...I'm not so sure. I also live in a really urban area and spend a lot of time in fairly heavy traffic and on crappy, grid-system roads, so anything without some grunt down low can leave you waiting.

Are you saying that if one ignores the launch, the S2K accelerates slightly quicker than the Z33? That's the kind of data that really matters to me, and all this 0-60 stuff and even quarter mile times often depend so much on the launch, trans, drivetrain config, and other factors.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #97
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
drift cars like torque too
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #98
hoa
Leaky Injector

hoa can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
Are you saying that if one ignores the launch, the S2K accelerates slightly quicker than the Z33?
yea, once you are rolling, around 3rd gear, the s2k starts to catch up. 4th gear, it even out. 5th, it start to walk slowly. my friend and i didnt believe it ourselves so we swap cars and same result. this was the base model 350Z vs. S2K

if theres a lot of stop and go, s2k is not the car for the job. you will feel the lack of torque and you will hate it
hoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #99
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
love em and hate em.
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #100
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
You can't compare an s2000 to two different AWD turbo cars, and V8 cars. No way.

In the many track days I've been too the S2000 ends up competing with the Elise guys all day. Pretty evenly matched cars IMO...what the s2000 lacks, it makes up for in gearing.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #101
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali240sxdrifter View Post
If you want that extra punch, get some 4.77 gears for 300 bucks and be done with it.
this man speaks the truth... for 1k or so you can get the gears and a good diff and have a ball...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #102
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yah gearing is the key for the S2k makes a huge difference unfortunately my friends don't invest in stuff like that... So stupid...
Old 06-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #103
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

What's the stock FD?

Centrifugal seems like a logical match to the S2K engine's powerband since it seems to provide the same progressive powerband. No idea on cost/reliability and all that jazz though.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #104
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
What's the stock FD?

Centrifugal seems like a logical match to the S2K engine's powerband since it seems to provide the same progressive powerband. No idea on cost/reliability and all that jazz though.
I think in the 4.10 range...not 100% sure though.

From talking to Jeff Evans one day (Evans Tuning) he seems to think a S/C setup on a stockish motor is great for everyday reliability. In the same statement though, he said if you want to go fast, that you better stick a turbo on there.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #105
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
i wouldnt mind a mazdaspeed mx5 instead for the same price. Or if you really wannna try something new. You can get a Mr2 Spyder for about 8k and swap the motor for the GTs motor. 180hp + 2300lbs = win
+1 for you for mentioning the ms mx5 so underrated but simple bolt ons will bring you right up to 200 hp to the wheels and no worries about tq, not to mention the mx5 is considerably cheaper to modify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 AM   #106
BOOSTLOVER
Zilvia Member

BOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I think in the 4.10 range...not 100% sure though.

Yea, 4.11. I put a set of 4.57s in mine a while back with the comptech-honda diff housing and I loved it. Best mod for the buck. It's back to stock now and I'm finnishing up putting in a new clutch. After that mine will be ready to sell.
BOOSTLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #107
rajcat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
rajcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the first car i bought myself was an s2k

owned it bout 2 and a half years now, daily drove it all year that first year from Jan 07-about dec 07 (wen i got the 240).

itll tear up sum snow with snow-tires on (so long as u stay out of vtec) and its tons reliable (i drove the thing every day! started no problems, didnt burn oil or anything) i got it for a steal at 20k with 16k miles on it, extra rims+snow tires, and the Hardtop (which i never take off, thats just me, i dun like convertables). go figure tho, the chassis of the car is so rigid, u forget its a convertable (till u hear all the wind noise at like 100mph).

i read most of the posts, noone mentioned the subtle differences between the AP1's and AP2's.
*the AP1's 00-01 (im not sure wat exact year they changed) have stiffer rear springs, slightly more aggressive steering rack, and the classic 2.0ltr engine wif 9k rev-limit.
*the AP2's come with 17in rims, 2.2ltr engine that revs to 8k, softer rear springs, more revised gearing (i think to combat the really really short 2nd gear of the AP1), updated lights n front and rear bumper, and milder steering rack. the AP2 is said to have a lil more torque lol (like +15 or sumn) and sports the gold and Red valve cover.
*from wat i heard bout the CR's is theyre alot like the AP1's as far as rear springs and steering but with the 2.2 reving to 8k and optional no ac and no lil convertable motors or softop.

i saw sum ppl ask about the hard top, the OEM Honda hardtop weighs 44lbs, all aluminum with all the weight being in the rear glass (which gives a lil wrap around and better rear visibility).
-it takes 2 ppl to take off (so u dont drop it right on the glass) and actually sits level on the ground like its on the car cus of all the weight being in the glass rear window.
and wen u take it off, its just like undoing the softop in front, but u may have to slide ur seats forward to undo the sliding locks on the sides. unfortunately 3k wont cover the 300 dollar rear defroster switch which cancels out ur roof button wen connected (just incase u have ur parking brake up and sumone hits up on the button n bends up ur softtop frame under the attached hardtop... hey it could happen, murphy's law lol)
theres a hoist u can install in ur garage thatll make it easy for u to lift and put back on by urself.
yeah, u fold the soft top down, and put the hard top on, then latch it shut just like the soft top in front. but with an added 2 locks on the sides.
then u lift off the hardtop, apply the parking brake and hit the roof switch up; and the soft top magically comes back. so yeah, ur soft top is always wif u.

differences from 240: well the S is definently not a straightline car, its ok, but its X-frame chassis is definently made for the twisties. its really good at changing direction really quick, and can controlled slide thru a corner (not a drift like a 240, but its weird, like an almost drift. cus any further n it just goes all the way around like an MR).
the car turns in quick, dosnt push nearly as much as a 240, it feels like an MR.
the EPS (electrical power steering) is totally different from the average power steering. it dosnt feel like u can jus throw the wheel n drift like in a 240, on mild turns u can let go and it wants to keep the car turning, almost like sumones holding the wheel for u. the S dosnt seem to turn the wheel from full tilt to either side nearly as fast as the 240 can (probably purposely to combat the cars oversteer tendacy).
the 240 seems to plant well in long sweeping corners. the S oversteers halfway thru, and in Vtec it can be pretty twitchy...
it stops fairly well.
the rear likes to hop wen cornering on bumpy roads (well on mine, cus its a 00 model).
and it really really melts tires, for almost no reason.... its hard on rear tires.
2 gear on the S is really a short point, itll only get u to about 64mph at 9k in vtec, but 3rd gear is really great... so it takes a bit getting used to with downshifting in vtec. u have to be careful as the revs just shoot so high from 3rd to 2nd. ive heard too many horror stories of blown engines at the track: ie misshift from 5th... or just slamming to second way too early (its like u have to let the car drop out of vtec wen downshifting to 2nd, takes sum getting used to)

hope that helps everyone, they say ur either a driver or mechanic, unfortunately im just a driver... so i can only tell u guys how it feels and drives, not about boost n exact engine specs.
but if u ask me, its a good swap or addition to ur 240
i plan on making my 240 a straightline/highway beast and drift monster with a beefy engine swap
and perfecting my S for twisties and track. (but alas.. budgeting sucks)
"i think its pretty cool that the silvia guys respect the s2000, they are both S chassis after all"
Old 07-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #108
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
My friend was getting his car tuned at Church Automotive and his boosted s2k blew up on the dyno. lol so if you wanna see slammed,boosted,mugentopped s2k, its sitting in their dyno shop. haha

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #109
tracks13
BANNED

tracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond repute
When im done with my 240sx project, I might trade for a Honda NSX...then modify the NSX... if there are willing NSX owners that is. Insurance will be higher unfortunately as well though...
tracks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #110
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
I'm debating on an s2k myself as a 2nd car. Can't decide between it, and a e36 m3, seeing as they're about in the same price range (well the m3 being a lil cheaper, but maint is higher)

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #111
rajcat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8yourfwd View Post
I'm debating on an s2k myself as a 2nd car. Can't decide between it, and a e36 m3, seeing as they're about in the same price range (well the m3 being a lil cheaper, but maint is higher)
i think u should go with the S2k, straight out the box, its great! and u really wont even have to worry bout it.
i forgot to mention how great the interior set is.

*the wheel size is small and u can heeltoe easy, pedals are already racing style with the lil rubber grips.
*the shifter is short n perfect (if u read any s2 review, everyone loves the shifter). the clutch pedal engagement is different than a 240, the honda clutch engages more in the middle or low compared to the nissan which is more up top.
*u can feel everything that happens wif the rear wheels thru he seat. so u kno exact wen and why the rear breaks loose.
and this is all stock set up!

id go s2000, just my opionion
Old 07-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #112
tracks13
BANNED

tracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond repute
Some idiot neg'd me for stating I want to trade my car for an nsx. How gay.
tracks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #113
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcat View Post
i think u should go with the S2k, straight out the box, its great! and u really wont even have to worry bout it.
i forgot to mention how great the interior set is.

*the wheel size is small and u can heeltoe easy, pedals are already racing style with the lil rubber grips.
*the shifter is short n perfect (if u read any s2 review, everyone loves the shifter). the clutch pedal engagement is different than a 240, the honda clutch engages more in the middle or low compared to the nissan which is more up top.
*u can feel everything that happens wif the rear wheels thru he seat. so u kno exact wen and why the rear breaks loose.
and this is all stock set up!

id go s2000, just my opionion
Just curious, have you driven an m3 aswell?

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #114
PhAtXSuMo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
PhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfectionPhAtXSuMo is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PhAtXSuMo
i just purchased a 2000 S2000
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202547
that one right there
due to the fact that parents didnt fall through with the whole sr swap..
parted it out made some money as well
dad paid half of it and i payed half of it
i now have to pay my dad back

theres some cosmetic stuff that needs to be changed..(mostly the rear plastic window but shits expensive to replace.)
but it was a good deal and runs great!

i plan to get another hatch, sometime after my 1st year in college
SuMo Review
http://phatxsumo.mybrute.com Pupil Me
PhAtXSuMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #115
BOOSTLOVER
Zilvia Member

BOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to allBOOSTLOVER is a name known to all
I just put mine up for sale last monday but I didn't post it in here sense most people on here are in Cali. But if anyone is interested... http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum...ad.php?t=72746
BOOSTLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #116
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
its so cool to see a lot of 240 owners with S2000's...

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #117
NiSmo240luvR
Zilvia Member

NiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to beholdNiSmo240luvR is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali240sxdrifter View Post
its so cool to see a lot of 240 owners with S2000's...
if i didnt have winter to consider, id probably trade in my subaru for an s2000. theyre going for good prices these days and i would love to have a nice (decently quick, great handling, great looking) vert to cruise around in in the summer. but for now at least, my 240 is my only rwd car. maybe once im done with school though...haha
NiSmo240luvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #118
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
I love S2000s. I'd love to pick one up if I could afford it.
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #119
rajcat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8yourfwd View Post
Just curious, have you driven an m3 aswell?
sorry, havent got my hands on an m3 yet... or begged anyone to drive theirs yet... tho... i know sumone who i could prolly convince... maybe lol
*from wat ive read the beemer may have a better range of track adjustibility if u lower it via suspension.
*the honda will lose sum suspension adjustibility if u lower it, then u have to go with bumpsteer kits etc (like the 240) to get max effect for track.

but ive also heard koni yellow dampers on stock AP1 springs lower the car bout a half inch and make amazing results.

*also the s2000 doesnt have a real gt3 stance
that's why u wont see them racing with the rx8's and 350z's in GT races (because its a "sport compact" which may give it certain advantages/disadvantages restricting it from specific class races)...
so its not as wide a stance as the 350z or maybe even a properly tuned 240. it can be twitchy at speed on track; but with this light weight and small body, can be extremely quick on corner entry (see Gan San in BM vids)!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #120
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
i would love to have one. i've decided that i'd miss the power WAY too much. and i came from a honda, and loved vtec powerbands. i had a bolt on B16 in my civic, and i loved it. loved that it was slow, and i could stay up high in the revs when messing around on curvey roads. BUT, like i said, as much as i like that. that was before my 240 put down 453 hp on a dyno. the guy that bought my civic had it dyno tuned. it made something like 153whp, and 104 ft lbs. LOL.

but my friend matt has an S. its awesome. despite being a turd around town. it looks dope. and i envy how he gets to drop the top all the time. i drove a '94 mustang GT vert in HS, and i actually like verts. performance aside ofcourse.

he's on 18" professors.

a couple local AP1's.

the red one is on LM's..

owner of red car now has a white E36 M3. the blue one also has a 10 second T/A. lol.