Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #91
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
More - (insane)

The revolvers sell for $80.

Of course also - how to build an AK-47 from a shovel.

DIY: Shovel AK - photo tsunami warning!

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #92
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. Why?
2.good
3. Gun control is most def needed that includes owners of weapons should keep them in a safe/locked place i feel alot of times when things "happen" it's from neglagence on gun owners behalf.
4. good, semi auto's? i am borderline with this one i have a few friends with ar15's and others i would love to own one but seeing the damage it can cause is understandable, but then falls into owners safegaurding them.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #93
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

corbic
That's what i was getting at all banning will do is make a black market for it.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #94
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
1. Why?
2.good
3. Gun control is most def needed that includes owners of weapons should keep them in a safe/locked place i feel alot of times when things "happen" it's from neglagence on gun owners behalf.
4. good, semi auto's? i am borderline with this one i have a few friends with ar15's and others i would love to own one but seeing the damage it can cause is understandable, but then falls into owners safegaurding them.
The recent cases had nothing to do with improper storage. In fact, less then 10% of guns used in crimes are stolen. The vast majority is from straw buyers - meaning, I'm a criminal with a healthy record give you, a clean cut guy, $1000 to buy me a $500 pistol.

This is actually how the kids at Colobine got their guns, they where underage but had a friend go buy them.

In the case of the Connecticut shooting, being the mother owned the weapons, I'm sure the shooter could have accessed them even if they had been locked up.

Both Colorado and Arizona shooters legally purchased the firearms. Both had clean criminal records, however both also had lengthy mental health histories.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #95
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Idk my uncle, cousin and brother have guns with children at home they are in steel case in their office/basements with a lock the key stays with them at all times so the kids can never get ahold of them.
Also that was intended for 1 88 u lol i need to quote the other forum im on bitches for quoting to much lol
Old 12-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #96
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

But ya those pictures are a good indication on what would happen literally go from cops busting methlabs to busting illegal gun ..fabricators?..factories? idk lol
Old 12-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #97
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I say fuck it, arm everybody, will put some fear into these idiots about pulling something like this. Fucking pussy will puss out once they figured out that everybody else can shoot back at them.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #98
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I say fuck it, arm everybody, will put some fear into these idiots about pulling something like this. Fucking pussy will puss out once they figured out that everybody else can shoot back at them.
I don't think someone on a suicidal rampage is going to "puss out" - I do think you'd be able to drop them dead 20 seconds into their rampage however, meaning only a few people may have been hurt or killed instead of dozens.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #99
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Pics
Wow, I didn't realize the Philippines could make something so genuine-looking with such inferior production tools.

I agree a total ban on civilian guns would be the 1920's all over again. Reducing gun violence doesn't have to mean total gun control! When will those politicians understand this? Though I doubt they will be able to disarm every law abidin citizen, I'm sure they will push harder to ban anything scary looking, one by one. With the public's (fear mongered) consent of course.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #100
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3rFSElA9I

btw this is NOT me. but i do agree with this
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #101
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pretty good article about how Japan's gun laws are compared to ours.
The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?

I think the issue is people just lose their minds and go crazy. Than you got people who have very short tempers and rage easily. I think the push from the NRA made guns desirable to today's society, and our video games enforce it too, anyone remember call of duty mw2, in the beginning of the game you go shooting up an airport. Lens of Truth: Modern Warfare 2 - "No Russian" Airport Mission - YouTube

Of course gun owners will not give up their rights to firearms. But some people just lose their minds.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Unfortunately he very wrong about mental health and "personality disorders". If someone is on medication is because there is often something PHYSICALLY WRONG with their brains.

The two most common form of "violent" mentally ill people are the AntiSocials (sociopaths) and Schizophrenics. While most Schizophrenics are nonviolent, they have a break from reality where their brain is unable to determine what is real and what is not. Schizophrenia can be easily measured with brain scans.

Antisocial (Sociopaths) people are very real, very common and often very scary.

Antisocial personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #103
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Pretty good article about how Japan's gun laws are compared to ours.
The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?

I think the issue is people just lose their minds and go crazy. Than you got people who have very short tempers and rage easily. I think the push from the NRA made guns desirable to today's society, and our video games enforce it too, anyone remember call of duty mw2, in the beginning of the game you go shooting up an airport. Lens of Truth: Modern Warfare 2 - "No Russian" Airport Mission - YouTube

Of course gun owners will not give up their rights to firearms. But some people just lose their minds.

Violence in America is actually on a massive down swing. Most studies show violent video games do not make people violent. I think everyone on this website has played MW2 - did anyone go out and shoot up an airport? Does anyone want to go torture small animals? Did watching Haloween make you want to go around killing people with a knife?

Gun ownership is also down -

Plenty of stats out there.

Quote:
The overall story is that homicide rates declined substantially (as did rates of interpersonal violence of all sorts). The drop in violent crime in the U.S. after about 1850 was not as fast or as consistent as it was in western Europe and that is when the striking violence gap opened up. The graph also shows that progress was hardly uniform, as there were many upswings of violence. Spurts often coincide with wars and the aftermaths of war – notably having many demobilized soldiers, trained and armed fighters, roaming the land. (See this paper for one analysis of the war effect.) Another short-term influence is bloody competition among armed criminals – for example, over alcohol distribution during Prohibition and over crack cocaine during the 1980s.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #104
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't think someone on a suicidal rampage is going to "puss out" - I do think you'd be able to drop them dead 20 seconds into their rampage however, meaning only a few people may have been hurt or killed instead of dozens.
There are studies on shootings that have shown that once the shooter is confronted by someone else with a weapon who engages them, they usually stop their spree and do one of two things. Off themselves or engage that person, allowing others to escape.

I am not positive, but there was a report stating the guy in Oregon was confronted by someone with a gun, retreated and shot himself. I can't confirm that.

Then there was the guy in Wisconsin who was shooting that temple and when confronted by an officer, stopped his attack on the temple and went after the officer.

Mostly, now, officers are taught to NOT wait for SWAT to arrive but rather to go into the shooting, find the suspect and engage. My department is taught that and if we are able to get a couple of officers together prior, then that is good. But the first ones on the scene, grab your extra ammo, AR's and go and engage.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #105
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
There are studies on shootings that have shown that once the shooter is confronted by someone else with a weapon who engages them, they usually stop their spree and do one of two things. Off themselves or engage that person, allowing others to escape.

I am not positive, but there was a report stating the guy in Oregon was confronted by someone with a gun, retreated and shot himself. I can't confirm that.

Then there was the guy in Wisconsin who was shooting that temple and when confronted by an officer, stopped his attack on the temple and went after the officer.

Mostly, now, officers are taught to NOT wait for SWAT to arrive but rather to go into the shooting, find the suspect and engage. My department is taught that and if we are able to get a couple of officers together prior, then that is good. But the first ones on the scene, grab your extra ammo, AR's and go and engage.

I agree with this - but my argument is knowing there are police out there is not going to stop a rampage for being initiated. In the case of this School, ad there been a door guard, I don't think the shooter would have said "oh shit, I might get caught - fuck it". I also don't think it's economically feasible to post 2-3 cops at every school in this nation with the express duty of guarding the facility.

That is where my suggestion of armed teachers, or maybe cops that are duel roll - full time teacher with LEO authority or something comes in. That way you have a half-dozen people who only make a few extra hundred a year spread out over the school - all capable fo dealing with this kind of situation.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #106
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I agree with this - but my argument is knowing there are police out there is not going to stop a rampage for being initiated. In the case of this School, ad there been a door guard, I don't think the shooter would have said "oh shit, I might get caught - fuck it". I also don't think it's economically feasible to post 2-3 cops at every school in this nation with the express duty of guarding the facility.

That is where my suggestion of armed teachers, or maybe cops that are duel roll - full time teacher with LEO authority or something comes in. That way you have a half-dozen people who only make a few extra hundred a year spread out over the school - all capable fo dealing with this kind of situation.
I should have made the post a little bit more clearer, but anyone that confronts the person usually stops the rampage.

But I completely agree with you as well. Teachers should be given the ability to defend themselves. They will go through tactics and backgrounds and what not. And be allowed to carry designated weapons and ammo. Because in general, an officer getting to a school could take minutes. How many rounds, from a semi, can one shoot in several minutes of terror?

Now the thing to consider, the teachers that would be armed, need to have some special and highly visible identification to responding officers so the officers don't think the teacher is the threat.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #107
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
How many rounds, from a semi, can one shoot in several minutes of terror?

Now the thing to consider, the teachers that would be armed, need to have some special and highly visible identification to responding officers so the officers don't think the teacher is the threat.
Forget semi-auto, even my unskilled ass can pull off a mad minute with an Enfield (10 rounds, man size, 100 yards, 60 seconds - bolt action)

Armed teachers could simply where red badges or something with name and National Registery numbers.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #108
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Quote:

ya but a teacher is just a everyday person you couldn't pay some to hold a gun let alone put one in a class room. Then imagine parents reaction to a gun in the glass room it would have to be locked up so that it would make it pointless.
Also i feel a teacher would have to take a gun course same as a officer. Honestly my opinion most police forces could spare a few people worst case hire, make more jobs for the economy any way.
problem is it's not just schools to worry about , mall shooting was a day prior plus any public place can be a target.
Problem is people not guns, what if this asshole got some grenades or worse a bomb? those would be more damaging in a crowded place then any gun just look at what happens oversea's.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #109
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

but ya a duel roll could work be hard to find a cop amd teacher in one without wanting double pay over other teachets lol
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #110
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
ya but a teacher is just a everyday person y
How are cops and soldiers any different? They go to a training course for a few weeks and somehow no longer "everyday persons"? As for more pay, how bout they keep their jobs and get the pleasure of knowing they are making a difference? Teachers in Chicago already make $75,000 a year. Maybe we should be expecting more for our money.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #111
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah good try getting guns in schools with teachers, there will be some students who try to go for the guns. Especially high school students , where they are big enough to take down a teacher.
Who's to say a teacher doesn't flip out? Bearly making rent, than gets called in to hand his/her stuff over getting laid off , etc..

Only way is to make gun laws stricter. But it is hard to do so without people getting upset about giving up their guns. "But people can still get guns on the black market", well the government can work on cracking down on that as well, as well as gun imports from the border etc.

It wouldn't be too far fetched if someone in that family turns out to be a bit nuts.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #112
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
How are cops and soldiers any different? They go to a training course for a few weeks and somehow no longer "everyday persons"? As for more pay, how bout they keep their jobs and get the pleasure of knowing they are making a difference? Teachers in Chicago already make $75,000 a year. Maybe we should be expecting more for our money.
because thats what they choose to do, being a cop, army, milatary and etc that's your job to protect people and use weapons if needed. A teacher is there to teach not become a soldier, protecting children should be #1 but you can't make a average teacher who choose that job to hold a gun.
Thats another downside, highschool kids can take down a teacher whats stopping some kids from holding down a teacher and unlocking a gun to use? thats putting it at easier access in some cases.
School protection should be enforced in someway though forsure.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #113
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

Lovely quote of miss information there. So your going to compare the shooting deaths of Englands 49 million in raw total to the US's total for 320+ million?

Conveniently you leave out the "rougher" parts of Europe, like the Balkans, Russia and Ireland. Can we just cut out the shooting deaths of New Orleans, New York, Washington, Detroit, LA and Oakland for the US?

We can go on and on. The fact remains in all of these mass shootings the individual was mentally ill and had given off plenty of warning of their insatiability. There is simply no path of action in handling such individuals.

In the Connecticut case, the firearms where owned by the mother - a law abiding citizen who I can safely say would never had harmed the children, or anyone for that mater.

The Norwegian shooting proves to me that if someone wants to go on a mass rampage there is nothing thats going to stop them.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #114
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
A teacher is there to teach not become a soldier, protecting children should be #1 but you can't make a average teacher who choose that job to hold a gun.
They can find new jobs. But I think we are both in agreement, the whole "Code Blue" hide in your class room thing is just stupid. ID Cards are a joke and I'd be curious to what the stats are for the inner-city schools with onsite Police officers.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #115
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
No matter what if someone wants to kill people they will, if they can't buy a gun you build a pipe bomb, Stab the shit outta people whatever. The problem isn't guns. More psychological support in schools would probably have a bigger effect than a stupid gun law
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #116
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
They can find new jobs. But I think we are both in agreement, the whole "Code Blue" hide in your class room thing is just stupid. ID Cards are a joke and I'd be curious to what the stats are for the inner-city schools with onsite Police officers.
yes would be good to see. I know some schools in n.y.c and in cali plus others require you to go through metal detectors and more with cops gaurding the main entry ways.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #117
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you guys should quit the gun debates. it isn't the problem.

it lies within the person. adam specifically was a very sick and mentally handicapped person.

his brain works abnormally in comparison to what a normal person should operate at.

his mother was a huge problem in causing the shooting. if she had just realized that her son was a sick and a psychologically unstable person, this could have been prevented.

some say he did it to be remembered, for fame, and to be forever known, but honestly, i think he did this because of the abnormalities in his head that caused him to go crazy and create havoc in a school full of little kids.

read this article-

'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother': A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

parents need to start ACCEPTING the fact that their child is DIFFERENT from everyone else. they need to know that their kid needs special treatment. as much as everyone wants to have a healthy normal acting kid, it isn't the case.

stop treating kids with mental disorders as normal people and accept the fact that they will forever be different.

just read that article, and you will see exactly why the parenting was a huge cause for the death of the little kids.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #118
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
ya but a teacher is just a everyday person you couldn't pay some to hold a gun let alone put one in a class room. Then imagine parents reaction to a gun in the glass room it would have to be locked up so that it would make it pointless.
Also i feel a teacher would have to take a gun course same as a officer. Honestly my opinion most police forces could spare a few people worst case hire, make more jobs for the economy any way.
problem is it's not just schools to worry about , mall shooting was a day prior plus any public place can be a target.
Problem is people not guns, what if this asshole got some grenades or worse a bomb? those would be more damaging in a crowded place then any gun just look at what happens oversea's.
You must not know how the economy works. In Az, almost every single police department is struggling to maintain their numbers. My department is down at least 20 people. And we lose about 5-7 people a year.

A place like Phoenix police department is down 300 people and won't hire until 2015 they estimate. They lose around 20 people a month. Trying to just hire people to put into school is impossible.

Arming and training a select number of teachers would give them a better chance at preventing something like this. Like I stated before, when someone is able to return fire to an attacker, they stop and either shoot themselves or go after the person firing them. Giving chance for others to escape.

Officers want to get there as fast as possible, trust me. But being 1-5 minutes out. Then finding the shooter would take a lot of time and lives.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #119
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

his mother was a huge problem in causing the shooting. if she had just realized that her son was a sick and a psychologically unstable person, this could have been prevented.
The problem is that he is 20 years old. You can't "force" an adult to get treatment if they don't want to. He can refuse to take medication, he can refuse to go to therapy.

The larger moral issue is what do you do when you identify someone as "at risk". Do you lock them up? Force them to take medication? Who pays for this? What would such actions do to the greater population, will people begin to fear seeking mental help because they don't want to be labeled and have their lives ruined?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #120
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
The problem is that he is 20 years old. You can't "force" an adult to get treatment if they don't want to. He can refuse to take medication, he can refuse to go to therapy.

The larger moral issue is what do you do when you identify someone as "at risk". Do you lock them up? Force them to take medication? Who pays for this? What would such actions do to the greater population, will people begin to fear seeking mental help because they don't want to be labeled and have their lives ruined?
generally speaking, the US does not have much emphasis on treating people with mental disorders.

the killer did not develop this at 18-20, he had it his whole life. he was crazy and legally insane.

the problem should have been pointed out when he was a kid.

did you guys also see the conspiracy info that was coming out on the shooting, along with the shooting of the movie theater?

Quote:
The father of Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza, "Peter Lanza", was the tax director for General Electric, a corporation that paid -0- taxes on 14.2 billion dollars in profits last year, and He was scheduled to testify in the ongoing global LIBOR scandal.

The father of Aurora Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is Robert Holmes, the lead scientist for the credit score company FICO, and He too was to testify before the US Sentate in the ongoing LIBOR scandal.

That's right, BOTH men were to testify before the US Sentate in the ongoing LIBOR scandal.
knowing that alone makes things a bit more scary...

http://www.examiner.com/article/libo...ere-to-testify

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor_scandal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...nt-killer.html

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...rd-4119559.php

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/18/news...son/index.html

so adam was said to have hand guns, but according to the doctors, the death was actually from a bullet that is shot from a long rifle. cops also arrested a man in cameo gear walking out from the woods.

brb getting my tin foil hat.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote