Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #91
jyon9689
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her selfjyon9689 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CT: I love the 240S, but hate that it's going to delay the 325rb project. I had to sell my 325es just because it reminded me of that build. Kidding, congrats man.
jyon9689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #92
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
must be nice to have stupid amounts of money
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #93
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
and with the amount of cars you name dropped on the first page alone you must park all your cars in a hanger not a garage.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #94
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ctnewman
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
and with the amount of cars you name dropped on the first page alone you must park all your cars in a hanger not a garage.
haha, it's mostly because i have a revolving garage door.

Right now i only have 3 cars.

08 exige
08 rabbit
87 e30 w/ GT-R motor
Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #95
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Oh, i also forgot to mention:

I also machined/installed a short throw shifter that i designed and prototyped for a guy in the summer (he had to send me all his parts, i designed the part and prototyped it, now he sells them). Since i obviously still have the cad drawing for the part, i whipped one up on the mill (only takes about an hour to make by hand).

looks like this:

here's a crappy pic of it machined and installed on the shift linkage:

Feels really nice. The 2,4,6 portion of the shift is in the same location, the 1,3,5 portion is substantially closer to the driver, which is nice.

This animation flashes the difference between 1st gear w/ the stock, then 1st w/ the short throw... (this is a picture from a customer's car)

And here is what it looks like in 2,4,6

Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 AM   #96
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

If I wanted, I could probably link 10 threads where lotus drivers were backed into, even while laying on the horn... so I decided to install some Hella Supertones.

Anyway, I decided to mount them outside of the air duct, behind the front access tray.

They are WAYYYY louder than stock. Word.

And if anyone's wondering what the underside of a lotus looks like:

Old 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #97
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
with 10k down on a lotus, what kind of payments you looking at? if you dont mind me asking..
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #98
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
with 10k down on a lotus, what kind of payments you looking at? if you dont mind me asking..
well, 10K was just the deposit. I actually put 30 down total. Payments are about 600 a month.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #99
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Eehhh... money, who needs it...

(me as I sit alone in the dark crying)

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #100
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I like the customizations you did to it, it looks great!

Did you seal the underpans?

I also use Acad Inventor!

Mech Engineer (robotics) In schooling still

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnewman View Post
Oh, i also forgot to mention:

I also machined/installed a short throw shifter that i designed and prototyped for a guy in the summer (he had to send me all his parts, i designed the part and prototyped it, now he sells them). Since i obviously still have the cad drawing for the part, i whipped one up on the mill (only takes about an hour to make by hand).

looks like this:

here's a crappy pic of it machined and installed on the shift linkage:

Feels really nice. The 2,4,6 portion of the shift is in the same location, the 1,3,5 portion is substantially closer to the driver, which is nice.

This animation flashes the difference between 1st gear w/ the stock, then 1st w/ the short throw... (this is a picture from a customer's car)

And here is what it looks like in 2,4,6

Old 01-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #101
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Awesome car... Do you happen to have a Stormtrooper outfit?

karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #102
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #103
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
I like the customizations you did to it, it looks great!

Did you seal the underpans?

I also use Acad Inventor!

Mech Engineer (robotics) In schooling still
Thanks. I'm trying to keep it tasteful...

I didn't seal the undertray... I know some people do, but i'm not certain that i'm done taking them off yet...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #104
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
Awesome car... Do you happen to have a Stormtrooper outfit?

Que?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #105
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Ok, finally got some pics of my headunit install.

I wanted a backup camera, but didn't want a flipout , so i got a JVC single din DVD head unit with a 3.5" screen, pretty slick. Running the wires for the camera to the front of the car sucked, i cut the fuck out of my self and bled everywhere. The hardest part was actually getting the head unit in the din slot because there is tons of shit hanging off the back of the unit.

Anyway, here is the backup camera, it's a BOYO 420T (SWEEEEEEET NAME)

I also installed an ipod adapter that displays ipod video, song information and everything i need right on the screen, control the ipod via head unit too, drill down just like ipod. I installed that behind the passenger side dash access cover, kinda hard to see, it's the black box below the silver part:

In the standard wiring configuration, the backup camera turns on 2 ways, either when it senses a signal from the reverse lights, or when you select it by cycling through the sources on the head unit. Scrolling through the sources will cut off the music.

I wanted to be able to instantly turn on the camera while in any forward gear, for passing and just because the rear visibility is so poor. So i wired up a micro SPDT switch. In one position, it simply connects the head unit to the reverse lights, so it functions as normal, put it in reverse, camera goes on. In position 2, it connects the signal wire to a +12v source, so it triggers the camera instantly, at any point while driving, without having to mess with the head unit at all. I used some molex connectors to make installation and removal easier, and installed it in the drivers side start button panel. Super easy to get to and totally hidden.

And here are some shots of the headunit:

Camera activated:
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #106
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
wow man that machine is just pure sex!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #107
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnewman View Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #108
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
^^^^ LOLOLOL! That was the first thing that came to my mind!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #109
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

YES.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

love brick top.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #110
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
You got a JVC headunit? All that money on a nice lotus, and you bought a JVC? I thought JVC wasen't such a good brand in head units..=\
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #111
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
You got a JVC headunit? All that money on a nice lotus, and you bought a JVC? I thought JVC wasen't such a good brand in head units..=\
lotus has notoriously shitty sound systems, but this JVC unit has been used by a lot of lotus guys with great results... There aren't any (that i can find) single din headunits with screens that big.

This unit is fairly similar to the Alpine CDA-9856 that was OEM, just with a screen and a better ipod interface.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #112
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
man i want your life lol.

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #113
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Took some new pics in the snow!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #114
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Listen, you fucking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your fucking Jacobs off.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #115
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

240 WHP
165 Ft-lbs
Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #116
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #117
s13tilldeath*
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13tilldeath* is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
fuck i wish i had the funds to support that...... ill just stick to my pos AE86 hahaha
s13tilldeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #118
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

here's another one he did:

Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #119
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
loving the car. I'd love to get one when I'm done with school.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:31 AM   #120
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You get a +10200 for having character.

Beautiful car, really beautiful and the mods you are doing are very tasteful indeed.

Curious to see how far it goes.

Good buy.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote