Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #91
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@GMS View Post
I sent them a message on ebay since there is so much drama about them and wanted to see whats going on and where they are made. The point of getting them was to see the quality. So im finding out since there is so much drama.
Drama fanned by you. If we are happy buying from PSM, a strong member and friend of our community, why should we give a damn about "not you" vender and "not your" cheaper bushings.

What do you honestly care if we "waste" $40? Is that some how "money out of your pocket"?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #92
Alex@GMS
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Alex@GMS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
the orangetree control arms are no where near the quality and strength of the spl arms.

If all the people arguing FOR knock parts actually drove their car on the track, they would know why they should buy quality parts.
So this piece of aluminum will explode?????? NO
I did not cheap out and buy D2 coilovers.... I have Tein Flex's with custom spring rates and valving
I did not cheap out and buy a replica seat and rails ...... i have a Cobra with Bride rails
I did not cheap out on a rollcage and got certified Autopower one
I did not cheap out on RUCA's ........ NOPE I got PBM ones
I did not cheap out on a engine for my s14 and got a s14SR
I did not cheap out and got blox lugnuts and I got Rays
I did not cheap out and got Autozone brake pads...... I got Endless

Stuff that can break and kill me is all legit and i did not cheap out on. Who cares if i got subframe bushings somewhere else. They cant break and kill me. I can build my car however i want. All I did was let people know i tried something new and it ended up being good. Thats it!
God forbid I buy rotas and not real volks...... the Zilvia nazi police will get me. Really???

Does PBM sponsor me..... NO. So why do i have to buy everything PBM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #93
Alex@GMS
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Drama fanned by you. If we are happy buying from PSM, a strong member and friend of our community, why should we give a damn about "not you" vender and "not your" cheaper bushings.

What do you honestly care if we "waste" $40? Is that some how "money out of your pocket"?
Are you crazy?????

I was just saying i tried something new. WTF? Why do you take it so personal.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #94
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

So why is everyone making a big deal and jumping on the OP's back about buying cheap aluminum risers if you yourself talking about its not cmin out of anyone else's pocket but the buyer himself. Im sure if YOU front the OP $40 to get PBM's he'd be happy to get em, but you didnt. hypocrite.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #95
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
So why is everyone making a big deal and jumping on the OP's back about buying cheap aluminum risers if you yourself talking about its not cmin out of anyone else's pocket but the buyer himself. Im sure if YOU front the OP $40 to get PBM's he'd be happy to get em, but you didnt. hypocrite.
That makes no sense. I paid the $40 to a solid company making respectable products. I (and others) realize in the long run (both hobby and professionally) it pays to go with a higher quality, backed product instead of a fly by night out of moms basement deal.

That is why this eBay guy is cheaper. No overhead, no warehouse, no tooling, no shop, no staff, no warrant/insurance costs, no marketing, no sponser ships or shop cars.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #96
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
This thread just made me hate zilvia a little more deep inside..... This is the most retarded think to argue about let the op buy whatever he wants, he is not making u buy them. I honestly think you can cheap out on this part its really not something u will see ever break. So all u fanboys shut the fuck up already and get the sand out your vag, Open your eyes and realize your driving a old pos car, not a ferrari.

I'm gonna be super zilviaman and buy 24k gold sub frame risers so i can go sideways super fast now
Old 11-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #97
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
... And they're 100% COPIED from another companies design. Functional or not, it's just not honest.
Somebody bought a set of PBM subframe risers, took them to a machine shop, had the copy them and produce several sets, and decided to resell them. If you're cool with that, then you suck.
I agree with what your saying down to the part where you assume they copied PSM subframe risers. We don't really know which legit company got copied on this deal.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #98
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
That makes no sense. I paid the $40 to a solid company making respectable products. I (and others) realize in the long run (both hobby and professionally) it pays to go with a higher quality, backed product instead of a fly by night out of moms basement deal.

That is why this eBay guy is cheaper. No overhead, no warehouse, no tooling, no shop, no staff, no warrant/insurance costs, no marketing, no sponser ships or shop cars.

true. but were talking about "money" here. The OP let everyone else buy their PBM stuff. I dont see why everyone gets on his back about buying these. Its nothing major. If the OE rubber bushing still holds up the rear end for more than 20+ yrs, what makes you think these aluminum will fail almost instantly. But i get what all you guys are saying "support local shops for growth and development for future products". And im all for that. Sometimes you jst have to cut corners on some things, like stated above OP has TEIN FLEX and other reputable brand parts installed in his vehicle.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #99
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
This thread just made me hate zilvia a little more deep inside..... This is the most retarded think to argue about let the op buy whatever he wants, he is not making u buy them. I honestly think you can cheap out on this part its really not something u will see ever break. So all u fanboys shut the fuck up already and get the sand out your vag, Open your eyes and realize your driving a old pos car, not a ferrari.

I'm gonna be super zilviaman and buy 24k gold sub frame risers so i can go sideways super fast now
And you just made me hate the human race a little more deep down inside.

We are pissed because, A. There is a suspicion that he is in fact the vender for said eBay parts, B. If not, he is trying to force feed us his Chinnese slave labor garbage (as you/he argues were trying to feed him namebrand/company backed more expensive products) and finally C. If you an the OP are unable to understand how as a community it is in our best interest to work with venders that support and our enthusiasm the feel free to leave Zilvia and buy all the eBay garbage you want.

eBay does not support our site or community, they don't pay vender dues, they don't sponsor cars or build crazy, inventive products. It's just another distributor of substandard products for the "more is better" Walmart crowd.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #100
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^^ AHHH now i see where you're cmin from.

You think these "local" zilvians are putting up EBAY products AS GOOD products/reviews so other enthusiast can go the other way and join the EBAY built CARS. or something along those lines.

Thats not cool.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #101
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:

This was my next exact argument. So many people cry about not getting sponsored. If you look at the big picture, this is also how you build an economy. The guy you got these risers from pocketed everything. If you support the real innovators, they support you back by giving people jobs, sponsoring drivers and teams, and the list just goes on.

Shop/warehouse space- supporting the landlord of a commercial park
Tools- supporting your local tool supplier, craigslist, etc.
Staff= JOBS
Insurance costs- Insurance company
Marketing- supporting website developers and sponsoring drivers
R&D- You pay this company and they will develop new and innovative parts. You pay joe blow who copies everything, he can't develop anything new and you are stuck with the same products and the quality gets even worse because he found someone who can make it cheaper.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #102
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
This was my next exact argument. So many people cry about not getting sponsored. If you look at the big picture, this is also how you build an economy. The guy you got these risers from pocketed everything. If you support the real innovators, they support you back by giving people jobs, sponsoring drivers and teams, and the list just goes on.

Shop/warehouse space- supporting the landlord of a commercial park
Tools- supporting your local tool supplier, craigslist, etc.
Staff= JOBS
Insurance costs- Insurance company
Marketing- supporting website developers and sponsoring drivers
R&D- You pay this company and they will develop new and innovative parts. You pay joe blow who copies everything, he can't develop anything new and you are stuck with the same products and the quality gets even worse because he found someone who can make it cheaper.

Very true, although to some it does not matter About supporting companies, it's easy to imply morals and ethics to us but to some it just does not matter. Companies don't go out giving race products to all of us in support, a few selected individuals who are knowledgeable get free stuff, but that's just another form of sponsoring to get more cash, this is why most business sponsor someone and not just anyone. They don't sponsor a regular Joe unless they got talent. Some people buy "eBay" stuff and have great success , and it's very apparent that alot do without success... Each to it's own, some purchase based on price, others on value, others by reputation, some on quality etc.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #103
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:

We are pissed because, A. There is a suspicion that he is in fact the vender for said eBay parts, B. If not, he is trying to force feed us his Chinnese slave labor garbage (as you/he argues were trying to feed him namebrand/company backed more expensive products) and finally C. If you an the OP are unable to understand how as a community it is in our best interest to work with venders that support and our enthusiasm the feel free to leave Zilvia and buy all the eBay garbage you want.

eBay does not support our site or community, they don't pay vender dues, they don't sponsor cars or build crazy, inventive products. It's just another distributor of substandard products for the "more is better" Walmart crowd.

I do not have one knockoff item on my car. How about u post a pic of ur Ferrari then so we can see your omg car with all jdm tight shit. Im sure i got you beat. IM not recommending anyone to buy garbage knockoff parts but this guy posted up a item he bought and just gave a simple review on it. This item seems up to par and not half assed at all. I f you wanna buy a authentic item go ahead no one will stop you.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #104
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I do not have one knockoff item on my car. How about u post a pic of ur Ferrari then so we can see your omg car with all jdm tight shit. Im sure i got you beat. IM not recommending anyone to buy garbage knockoff parts but this guy posted up a item he bought and just gave a simple review on it. This item seems up to par and not half assed at all. I f you wanna buy a authentic item go ahead no one will stop you.
Reread my post joker.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #105
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Ahhh you guys crack me up. I think people arguing with other people about what to buy is futile.

I know why we want original parts and not knock offs. I understand the relationships between buyers and sellers, but you need to understand that some people will always try to save a buck, and try to help others save a buck.

Look at it like this.
If you bought Nikes and only Nikes, and someone came up to you saying go to payless they have almost the same shoes for cheaper, would you? Hell no. But there are people who only buy their shoes from payless. For whatever reason. You can't expect everyone to have the same standards as you.

From what I see the cliff notes and main point of this for every person that buys knock of parts, that is less money for inovaters, and that equals less inovation and further down the line less quality products on the market.
For people on here like corbic, brian, and others buying knock offs is as offensive as raping their girlfriends. Because in the end, your fucking the shit up.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #106
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Maybe they only buy nikes because of the " cool" factor socially acceptable and well payless to most is just hot " cool" or. Hip enough haha... This could also relate to the auto industry...
Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #107
Propaganda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Propaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nikes are made in Vietnam... so.. it's not China, so it's fine?

if they work... don't listen to these guys.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #108
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Im sure if half of you PBM consumers have the tool and skill to fabricate what they do, you'd fab up your own to save a few.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #109
Alex@GMS
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Where do you come up with this shit?????????
1. Im not the damn vendor. Look on the ebay history. I got this shit
2. I never told you to go buy it....... I just said... Hey check out what i got
3. We found out it was not slave labor
4. PBM does not offer sponsorships, group buys, zilvia discounts..... I paid my dues to them and got RUCA. It does not mean i have to buy everything from PBM.. they dont sponsor me
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #110
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All you people act like there was actually some R&D involved in making these things. Wheels, aero kits, brakes, coilovers, exhaust, engine parts, seats, suspension arms, stuff like that yes, they take research and development to be a good product and work safely.

These things took some guy 5 minutes to punch some numbers into a computer, and out popped a subframe riser. That's it. They aren't going to break unless the metal has the same consistency as cheese. Which is doesn't.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #111
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
All you people act like there was actually some R&D involved in making these things. Wheels, aero kits, brakes, coilovers, exhaust, engine parts, seats, suspension arms, stuff like that yes, they take research and development to be a good product and work safely.

These things took some guy 5 minutes to punch some numbers into a computer, and out popped a subframe riser. That's it. They aren't going to break unless the metal has the same consistency as cheese. Which is doesn't.
Why didn't we have them 10 years ago?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #112
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Same reason why keichi started drifting with cut springs. No one thought of it.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #113
satek
Leaky Injector

satek is an unknown quantity at this point
Get these things installed and prove the haters wrong....quit bitching at each other like a bunch of little girls.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #114
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Funny thing about this thread is that probably 80% Of the guys bitching about these parts On this thread would probably actually end up buying these cheaper ones if they were going to buy any at all. Fuckig hypocrites...
Just like
Megan coils and susp arms and mishimoto radiators.
and ebay turbos.
Sportmax etc.
Lol i go to Drift events and 240meets and most Of the parts are "knock
offs"

If your car looks like shit and you have no money to buy expensive name brand parts. Then you are a dumbass if you really believe In paying double just to support An Overpriced car part. When there are cheaper alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #115
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I wonder how many of the people bitching about how dangerous knock off parts are actually use a torque wrench and actual specs on their suspension parts when installing? Cause that is FAR more dangerous than the Megan RUCAs people put on their car.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #116
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Funny thing about this thread is that probably 80% Of the guys bitching about these parts On this thread would probably actually end up buying these cheaper ones if they were going to buy any at all. Fuckig hypocrites...
Just like
Megan coils and susp arms and mishimoto radiators.
and ebay turbos.
Sportmax etc.
Lol i go to Drift events and 240meets and most Of the parts are "knock
offs"

If your car looks like shit and you have no money to buy expensive name brand parts. Then you are a dumbass if you really believe In paying double just to support An Overpriced car part. When there are cheaper alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this how you justify your purchase? Do you also say "everyone drinks and drives... only the idiots get caught or hurt someone, whats your problem man... I know you Drink and Drive so don't pull that holly roller crap on me!"

Or "hey bro, nobody uses condoms, AIDS is blown way out of proportion by the gay hating churches".

Sure, not everyone has oodles of cash dripping out their ass cause mommy is flipping the bill. But those that are serious about the car hobby realize they are going to be turning a wrench 3 months, 3 years and 3 decades from now. So why blow your wad on X-garbage part when in 3-4 months you could have had the one you really wanted but can't afford at this moment. Its not a race to get shit ready for SEMA or some BS.

As for knocking PSM. Last time I checked they are the bargain bin vender. El-Shitto Megan sells solids for like $120, so not only are PSM max ones rising your frame, at a lower cost, they have a much nicer finish as well. (having seen both in person and using PSM ones on my car). Not to mention, when is the last time Megan posted on Zilvia?
Old 11-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #117
duffman1278
Post Whore!

duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Go OP, imo 6061 is over kill, but looking at those spacers, they're extremely easy to produce so I don't see anything wrong with using them instead of a name brand.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #118
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I wonder how many of the people bitching about how dangerous knock off parts are actually use a torque wrench and actual specs on their suspension parts when installing? Cause that is FAR more dangerous than the Megan RUCAs people put on their car.

I'm so anal, I use a @#%king Craftsman Torque wrench and not some garbage Autozone one. In fact, my whole "hate walmart/Chinese substandard products" comes from 7 years ago when I was wrenching on my VW, with a Walmart bargain ratchet set (hey, only a moron buys a $500 SnapOn set, you can get one for $15 at Walmart)... my 3/8's Ratchet busted at the handle and I got stitches. Fuck that pig iron shit.

I've used plenty of eBay parts in the past and been disappointed every time. Do it right the first time and only do it once.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #119
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
He can buy what he wants....

All this shit because he bought subframe risers that aren't PBM... When you starting giving him money, then you can be judgmental about what he buys.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #120
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Quote:

Word.

get a grip you fucking nerds.