Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #11461
bkt808
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bkt808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
quick question, rb25 s1 j60 maf
ignition switch on engine off signal reads 0.40v
is the maf dead?
bkt808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #11462
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt808 View Post
quick question, rb25 s1 j60 maf
ignition switch on engine off signal reads 0.40v
is the maf dead?
RB/Maxima maf reads 0.50v
SR/VG maf is 0.25v
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #11463
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have been searching for a thread about antenna swaps and the s2k antenna seems to be the most common best used. how can i find if my antenna is auto? i have a kouki
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #11464
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KravingAKouki View Post
I have been searching for a thread about antenna swaps and the s2k antenna seems to be the most common best used. how can i find if my antenna is auto? i have a kouki
When you turn on the radio does it go up and down. Mostly likely is automatic.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #11465
ckw
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ckw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 stiff shifting

I recently got an S14 and when I shift at a standstill from neutral to first or when in motion shifting from first to second, the shifter is really clunky. When shifting from first to second, it doesn't have this problem when I'm shifting when turning left. What is causing this and how would I fix it?

Thanks in advance!
ckw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #11466
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
When you turn on the radio does it go up and down. Mostly likely is automatic.
well my radio is off and it is still up. is there a switch or something i can check? thanks for the help
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #11467
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
maybe check ya gaskets too b
Word bout to check my gaskets and do some soapy water inspection, report back in tmrw
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #11468
bkt808
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
RB/Maxima maf reads 0.50v
SR/VG maf is 0.25v
does that mean its good? so just saying that ignition on engine off voltage is good, whats the chances of it being out of spec at idle and rev? has anyone seen a maf voltage look good with ign. on eng off but be completely thrown off at idle and rev?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #11469
Sideways_Saturdays

Sideways_Saturdays is an unknown quantity at this point
i post so little i cant figure out how to delete this...mod help me out plz??

Last edited by Sideways_Saturdays; 08-29-2012 at 12:20 AM..
Sideways_Saturdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #11470
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
Anyone got a pic of a 235/40/18 ON a 18x11 thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #11471
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Anyone have experience with the circuit sports inner and outer tie rods? Many thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #11472
jarold

jarold is an unknown quantity at this point
water lines

does anybody have pics of where all the water lines go ,, not for the turbo ,, mainly i see 1 behind the water temp. sensor .. i don't know where that one goes,, i think it goes to the hose for heater.. and No i did not remove the engine hence the question and the engine is a sr20det from a s14 K's.. if anybody knows where that one goes or has pics of where all of them goes will be much apreciated...
jarold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #11473
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Need some help, i went to the faq page for torque rate for ARP head studs for the sr20det and the sequence for them. I gathered that 80 ft lbs is the rate, and to torque it down by 20 ft lbs. Has anyone down this with great results.

Next question best torque wrench to buy?

Thanks Lewis
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #11474
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OK so i just tried googling to search and on here but couldnt find anything.

I have an S14 and changed my diff to a J30 rear diff so i can get a lower FD (3.99)

I know my options to lower the final drive is to switch to a Q45 diff.

Does andbody know if i can take this diff and change out the FD?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #11475
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I'm trying to sell my rod knock s13 sr and getting no biters. I'm trying to get 800, is this even a fair price? Would I be better off parting it out? Would I be able to even get 800 if i do? TIA
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #11476
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
What's the code for a stock KA S14 MAF? Can't find it for the life of me, and remember it being like G70 or something..?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #11477
cletus

cletus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site, I own a 1990 240sx and a 89 240 sx. I have a project on the go, its a RB20 bottom end and can't find a top end for it anywhere in my area (this is probly a dumb question but figured I'd ask anyway) will my ka24e top end bolt up to my RB20 bottom end? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #11478
bkt808
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site, I own a 1990 240sx and a 89 240 sx. I have a project on the go, its a RB20 bottom end and can't find a top end for it anywhere in my area (this is probly a dumb question but figured I'd ask anyway) will my ka24e top end bolt up to my RB20 bottom end? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
so your asking if you could bolt an ka24e 4 cyl head on to a rb20 6 cyl short block? are you serious dude?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #11479
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
anyone know a good exhaust shop? not those cheap ones on the side of the streets. one that can do stainless welding. i know they arent cheap as well. but just give me some spot ya know and i can start from there. im in the ie area. thanks z
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #11480
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
I'm trying to sell my rod knock s13 sr and getting no biters. I'm trying to get 800, is this even a fair price? Would I be better off parting it out? Would I be able to even get 800 if i do? TIA
Buyer is going to have to have the sleeves removed, new Darton sleeves inserted, then the work of rebalancing the crank has to be done, then a new set of rods because knock has screwed up one bad enough to have to toss it. With that said, someone is looking a shit ton of machine work and new parts, enough that one may as well go max bore and 11.5:1 compression for N/A to make all the machine work worthwhile.(nominal $2000 after core for the short block work) This isn't even including the amount of work that may need to bbe done to teh head because a knocking rod screwed up timing events just enough that a valve or two may be AFU and with that, that pair of springs AFU
Essentially a lot of work and money have to be put into that motor you did a nice job of screwing up.
I'll pay $50 worth of the shipping for the anchor. You can even keep the head and accessories and just send the short block. If you want to keep the oil pan, it will have to of course be cleaned well enough that the container won't get leak through

Z1 sells a Stage 2 KA24DE short block for $2490, and a $500 core charge refund. If you are looking at servicing your block, read these words and remember them, for you will hear them forever more:

Speed costs money son; how fast you wanna go?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #11481
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hello fellow Zilvians!
I'm having trouble adjusting my timing on my ka24de with an auto ecu. When I unplug the TPS the idle spikes to around 1500-2000 and has a hard time staying on. When I plug it in nd check the timing it is fine, but when unplugged the timing marks are nowhere to be found. I had no problem with the manual ecu. So if I switch ecu's and adjust on the manual, can I swap back and be fine or will the timing be different? Thanks in advance!
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #11482
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I keep getting mixed information on oil filter.

Sr redtop does it use the kn 1003 filter?
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #11483
alexander240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Where can I find the s13 silvia bumper vents/grilles/inserts what ever you call them.
these??
alexander240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #11484
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89SwapXE View Post
anyone know a good exhaust shop? not those cheap ones on the side of the streets. one that can do stainless welding. i know they arent cheap as well. but just give me some spot ya know and i can start from there. im in the ie area. thanks z
Your best bet would be to go to the biggest racetrack and ask around there. What you are looking for is a very specialized set of skills that the common crimp bending taco burner stick welders have no clue about. Your other option is to head toward the sea to a little place ccalled Orange County and look for a hot rod shop. You might get laughed at for your rice car, but remember, money is green, money talks, and money gets things done. Also remember, stainless steel fabrication will cost money.

Look onliine at Burns Exhaust

Burns Stainless LLC - Services

man, with all the fab skills I have learned with metal, I need to get the hell out of school and find someone to buy me a shop and equipment and start advertising here...custom inexpensive stainless would make a killing AND make buying...oh wait, this is Zilvia, it's all about buying Japanese or cheap chinese knock offs...my bad
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #11485
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt808 View Post
so your asking if you could bolt an ka24e 4 cyl head on to a rb20 6 cyl short block? are you serious dude?
What you need can be found here:

nissan RB , SR , CA
Old 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #11486
NOTsliden
Leaky Injector

NOTsliden is an unknown quantity at this point
I searched and did not find anything. Has anyone installed the chase bays brake line relocation kit for the OEM master cylinder? I just installed it in my s13 and when I attach the lines to the master cylinder with the banjo fittings they get tight to where they seem like they wont tighten any more but the line still moves freely. I have a copper washer on both side of the line. Im just not sure if it is supposed to be like this or is there a problem.
let me know guys.
NOTsliden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #11487
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Horn not working

On my 96 zenki my horn will not work and I cant figure out what to do next. Airbag light was on. Replaced clock spring. Reset the light and now its off, I thought that was my problem. Relay clicks on and off when horn is pressed and depressed, fuse looks good, took a 12v test light to the relay, got power there. No power to the end of the green wire that plugs into the horn. Horn is brand new from autozone and grounded to itself. And my harness running over my driverside fender well is not smashed or hit in anyway..... basically it seems all works fine but how coud not be getting power to the end of green wire.

I've searched all the threads and theres just no good answers out there. Some wiring guru give me a hand please! thanks!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #11488
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ Power will only be applied to the green wire when the horn button is pressed in on the steering wheel. The horn button is ground switch for the relay. So if you hold down the horn, power should be applied to the green wire, if not then relay is bad or the green wire itself has a break in the connection. Make sure that the horns are grounded to the chassis as well.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #11489
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punished View Post
I keep getting mixed information on oil filter.

Sr redtop does it use the kn 1003 filter?
Yes it does.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #11490
Russ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
are Blitz type 03's 2 or 3 piece wheels? Are the barrels welded together?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote