Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #11071
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Don't adopt this new, more efficient technology because the existing infrastructure is dirty"

Why don't we.......*gasp*.......spend on a cleaner electrical infrastructure.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #11072
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
*cough*hydrogen*cough*
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&D article
The Chinese have secured extensive mining rights in Africa. In Congo, for example, cobalt is mined under the most brutal conditions.
Unrelated sidenote: This pisses me off so much.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:01 AM   #11073
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://blog.caranddriver.com/former...n-ev-adoption/

Some eye opening insights in regard to EVs from one of the industry’s greats.
To me it looks like he's spewing quite a bit of FUD.

Eg:
Quote:
you can never reach the range, efficiency, and safety of a combustion engine powered by fossil fuel
We could say similar things to some degree for motorcycles vs cars. They are still useful to some.

Quote:
It is not worthless after eight years, like an electric car
What??? Is this the engineer that convinced GM to kill the EV1 back in 99?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #11074
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Look, these are the realities currently. And with breakthroughs like Mazda just had with the new Skyactiv X engine. That engine is as efficient as an EV when you consider EV production, but it’ll end up in regular priced Mazda’s, not $60,000+ EVs that need government subsidizes to be affordable to the masses.

The WHOLE industry is still moving full steam ahead on EVs, but the reality is they aren’t the cloniqte savers people think they are...currently.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:04 AM   #11075
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-t...ual-1822678045

Woooooooow. Fit and finish like a Kia from the 90’s. Lol
Old 02-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #11076
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-t...ual-1822678045

Woooooooow. Fit and finish like a Kia from the 90’s. Lol
lol
I was born in the wrong generation. I know a lot of people out there, if not most, really are exited about the future and advancements in technology, not this young old fart...
Some one please tell me that we still got a couple more decades of internal combustion engines on the road before they start putting enough restrictions on us to get us off the road.
I dont want you future!!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #11077
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Internet connected, self driving, electric cars of the future. Yea, the future can taste every inch of my ass. Don't want any of it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #11078
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

These are the things that bother me about Tesla and Elin Musk. There are KNOWN production issues, yet he doesn’t sort them out. Instead he spends a bunch of time developing, hyping and releasing and total superfluous “flamethrower”.

I’m sure Elon’s world is amazing, I’m jealous I can’t play in it, but his priorities seem to be pretty fucked sometimes.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:22 AM   #11079
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Whoa out of nowhere Nissan develops a new Z!

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/04/...w-89453929342/
Old 02-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #11080
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
It's too early in the morning for shit like that.....

Old 02-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #11081
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Clearly the engineers are bored.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #11082
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Clearly the engineers are bored.
They shouldn’t be. They have plenty to do. The laundry list of issues with all three of Tesla’s models should have them working 24 hours a day.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #11083
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Look, these are the realities currently. And with breakthroughs like Mazda just had with the new Skyactiv X engine. That engine is as efficient as an EV when you consider EV production, but it’ll end up in regular priced Mazda’s, not $60,000+ EVs that need government subsidizes to be affordable to the masses.

The WHOLE industry is still moving full steam ahead on EVs, but the reality is they aren’t the cloniqte savers people think they are...currently.
Yeah man, that $29,000 Leaf & $35,000 Bolt are SO unattainable. This stuff is only going to get cheaper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
lol
I was born in the wrong generation. I know a lot of people out there, if not most, really are exited about the future and advancements in technology, not this young old fart...
Some one please tell me that we still got a couple more decades of internal combustion engines on the road before they start putting enough restrictions on us to get us off the road.
I dont want you future!!
Yeah man, just like they're taking your guns right? MY INTERESTS DON'T ALIGN WITH EVERYONE BECAUSE I'M A LUDDITE, MUST RESPOND WITH IRRATIONAL FEAR & PARANOIA.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:21 AM   #11084
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
all these li-on electric cars are just beta cars.

ss graphene batteries cars are the better future.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:04 AM   #11085
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Yeah man, that $29,000 Leaf & $35,000 Bolt are SO unattainable. This stuff is only going to get cheaper.

They’re still $19k cars that cost $30+.

And I was more specifically referring to Tesla’s. I’d buy a Bolt or a Volt over a Model 3 in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
all these li-on electric cars are just beta cars.

ss graphene batteries cars are the better future.
I interviewed one of the invventors of Graphene a couple years ago. Cool guy. There’s a pic of him on my website actually.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #11086
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
They’re still $19k cars that cost $30+.

And I was more specifically referring to Tesla’s. I’d buy a Bolt or a Volt over a Model 3 in a heart beat.
How are the Leaf/Bolt $19k cars? A 3-series is the size of a Civic & not much nicer, yet people happily pay $40k for one.

Also, Musk is a prick, no shock there, fck Tesla. But EV as a whole should not be disregarded bc one company is run by a prick & styled after bars of soap.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #11087
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Whoa out of nowhere Nissan develops a new Z!

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/04/...w-89453929342/
Somebody needs to get fired. I don't know who. But dammit, somebody gotta go.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #11088
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
How are the Leaf/Bolt $19k cars? A 3-series is the size of a Civic & not much nicer, yet people happily pay $40k for one.
Because they are....Without the EV tech they would Ben in segments with $19k cars. They’d cost $19k (I’m speaking in rough figures of course). The EV tech makes them cost twice twice what they should. I can’t explain it further than that. Not sure how to explain that further.

Mazda’s breakthrough Skyactiv X going in a 3 will make it as clean as an EV yet it’ll cost the normal cost of a 3 starting around $19k.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #11089
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Somebody needs to get fired. I don't know who. But dammit, somebody gotta go.
There needs to be an entire company purge. And David Malcom Beasley should be put in charge of design.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #11090
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Because they are....Without the EV tech they would Ben in segments with $19k cars. They’d cost $19k (I’m speaking in rough figures of course). The EV tech makes them cost twice twice what they should. I can’t explain it further than that. Not sure how to explain that further.

Mazda’s breakthrough Skyactiv X going in a 3 will make it as clean as an EV yet it’ll cost the normal cost of a 3 starting around $19k.
Sentra ranges from like 17-23k. Leaf is 29k & well-optioned from base. That's a 6-7k premium. Bolt is exceptionally nice & long range for 35k.

The Skyactiv X is still years off & only as clean as EV getting power from coal.

So the best ICE is only as good as the worst EV? That's not my idea of progress.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #11091
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
But still for significantly less $.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #11092
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Well this is potentially very a disappointing.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/12/...bodied-bmw-z4/

Nothing more than a rebranded BMW and no manual.

Toyota seems to really suck at codeveloping sports cars.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #11093
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Wow. I cannot even quantify the amount of suck right there. Might as well just buy a CPO E89 Z4 instead.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #11094
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. At 335 hp, around 3500 lbs, and no manual, this sounds somehow even less exciting than the 950 year old 370z. I really hope this is inaccurate but I’m not super surprised either though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #11095
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Well this is potentially very a disappointing.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/12/...bodied-bmw-z4/

Nothing more than a rebranded BMW and no manual.

Toyota seems to really suck at codeveloping sports cars.
On the unfortunate contrary tho, they're really the only Japanese brand outside of Mazda that's even trying. Other than the MX-5 (which really is in a class of its own), the list of available RWD cars brand new is slim to none. This Supra is going to be overpriced and out of reach for a lot of folks. We really are among the last of a dying breed, guys.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #11096
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Depressing but not surprising.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #11097
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
...Nothing more than a rebranded BMW and no manual.
Weak... I'm so over this damn 240' and the only cars I'm holding out for are failing disappointments. The Mazda Kai (3) is my last hope to finance a new car.
.... oh dear god, I'm aspiring to buy a FWD 4dr economy car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Depressing but not surprising.
This...
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #11098
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I've committed to the idea of either a mustang or wrx as my next car. There's just nothing else out there that I care for and in my price range.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #11099
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I've committed to the idea of either a mustang or wrx as my next car. There's just nothing else out there that I care for and in my price range.
This. Me from 10 years ago would have fought me for even thinking about it...lol
Old 02-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #11100
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

My inner ricer wants an eb mustang, but I've been into muscle cars since I was little, so the gt itch is there.
The practical side wants a wrx(and the wife wouldn't bitch about room for the rugrats). Because turbo noise and awd.
I thought about a q60, but something about that car just doesn't do it for me.