Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #10741
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
^^^^^^Yeap

http://ford-life.com/2017/04/07/anno...p-550-mustang/

At what rpm? sounds like lag city. Still though mad impressive,
Actually it only has 300 rpm drop over the x37 turbo upgrade that is no longer available which was known for quick and early spools. This is a modified GT2554r with an 11 blade billet wheel. It's pretty much the equivelant of what Garret would build if they built a GTX line 2554 aka GTX2554r. Though they don't so Mountune did.
Also it does not fall off in mid or higher rpms in the words of several owners pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. Ballistic is another term several owners have used as well.
This is actually were the FiST needs power as the small stock turbo starts to run out of breath around 5500 rpm.
So no it's not lag city. Mountune knows what they are doing the have been tuning Pro Rally Fords in Britian for years. Lots of experience and they tend to put together products that perform and are safe. They also have a wastegate upgrade for it that allows it to hold higher boost longer than the stock one.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #10742
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Actually it only has 300 rpm drop over the x37 turbo upgrade that is no longer available which was known for quick and early spools. This is a modified GT2554r with an 11 blade billet wheel. It's pretty much the equivelant of what Garret would build if they built a GTX line 2554 aka GTX2554r. Though they don't so Mountune did.
Also it does not fall off in mid or higher rpms in the words of several owners pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. Ballistic is another term several owners have used as well.
This is actually were the FiST needs power as the small stock turbo starts to run out of breath around 5500 rpm.
So no it's not lag city. Mountune knows what they are doing the have been tuning Pro Rally Fords in Britian for years. Lots of experience and they tend to put together products that perform and are safe. They also have a wastegate upgrade for it that allows it to hold higher boost longer than the stock one.
Not going to lie, that sounds like a killer setup.

Ford is killing the boosted game right now. Nissan/Toyota/Subaru should take some lessons.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #10743
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Nissan/Toyota/Subaru should take some lessons.
What's nuts is that both Toyota and Nissan are sitting on a few boosted engines but they refuse to put them in performance applications. They just aren't interested in turbo powered entry level performance anymore. I think the GTR and upcoming Supra are probably hogging all the development resources, I'd bet.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:44 AM   #10744
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
What's nuts is that both Toyota and Nissan are sitting on a few boosted engines but they refuse to put them in performance applications. They just aren't interested in turbo powered entry level performance anymore. I think the GTR and upcoming Supra are probably hogging all the development resources, I'd bet.
The new VR30DDTT would be a fucking BEAST in a Z car. The 300hp one could be the base model and the 400hp could be the premium model (to compete with the pony cars)

Toss the MR16 and enlarge it to the MR20 and drop it in a Sx replacement with 250hp with a 6 speed manual.

Boom. Now you have a full line up.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #10745
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The new VR30DDTT would be a fucking BEAST in a Z car. The 300hp one could be the base model and the 400hp could be the premium model (to compete with the pony cars)

Toss the MR16 and enlarge it to the MR20 and drop it in a Sx replacement with 250hp with a 6 speed manual.

Boom. Now you have a full line up.
It sucks that we have to keep saying this over and over again.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #10746
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

It does indeed my friend.

As people who watch the industry we see the Japanese automakers could potentially re-ignite the import vs muscle scene.

How many of those boosted mustang owners would have rather bought a boosted 86/BRZ/S16?

How many want an STI but are turned off by the minivans almost rival it in HP?
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...erful-minivan/

How many long for screaming 6cyl's, turbo's whistling and flutter?

So much that COULD happen but instead we get an EVO suv....
Old 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #10747
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I actually was talking to a fellow local forum member and long time friend who like I was into Nissan's from the get go. I basically said to him Nissan sucks now as a car company and he did not utter one word of protest.
Except to point out that not only the Z platform was ten years old but also the GTR was almost ten years old as well. When we talk about the Z being neglected it's also the GTR.
Oh and Nissan USA is destroying the upkeep of older Nissan's like the 240sx by refusing not to bring in still made factory parts for the S chassis. You can still order most of the stock parts in Japan but not here.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #10748
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
And yet Nissan builds a nismo leaf concept. Goody, a performance toaster.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #10749
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I guess we just aren't the majority...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #10750
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I actually was talking to a fellow local forum member and long time friend who like I was into Nissan's from the get go. I basically said to him Nissan sucks now as a car company and he did not utter one word of protest.
Except to point out that not only the Z platform was ten years old but also the GTR was almost ten years old as well. When we talk about the Z being neglected it's also the GTR.
Well, the GTR gets like substantial yearly updates though. More power, chassis refinements, suspension upgrades, bigger brakes, blah blah blah... The Z34 just gets uglier bodykits. And Nissan has been parading around that ugly AF GTR Vision concept as the next gen car, while the next Z hasn't even seen an official rendering.

Yeah, both are long in the tooth and losing to the competition now. But Nissan is clearly still investing in their GTR halo car and not the supposedly "entry Level" Z.
Quote:
How many of those boosted mustang owners would have rather bought a boosted 86/BRZ/S16?
Many were so hungry for a boosted FR coupe, even Hyundai got a piece of that pie. Meanwhile, Japan can't be bothered...smh
Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 AM   #10751
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hmmm... What am I looking at here, Toyota?
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...d-gt86-mutant/

Quote:
Proceedings veer into an even more curious path when you step inside, where you’ll find - along with an absence of rear seats - what looks like a manual gear lever. Which is hooked up to an automatic transmission. Yep, at the touch of a button you can row through the gears in a six-position “H-pattern.”

Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #10752
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
wow, that new honda sure is ugly... oh wait, thats a toyota?!?! LOLOLOLOL

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #10753
Future240
Future Moderator

I'm so confused by what I am looking at.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #10754
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
I saw that earlier and had the same reaction as that blink 182 duder.

still disappointed by the mk5 supra. I am wondering if Toyota is going to keep outsourcing their sports car projects to other auto makers? if the mk5 is made/designed with BMW stuff, is it really a yota?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #10755
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
You ain't the only one.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #10756
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post

still disappointed by the mk5 supra. I am wondering if Toyota is going to keep outsourcing their sports car projects to other auto makers? if the mk5 is made/designed with BMW stuff, is it really a yota?
How are you disappointed in a car that hasn’t even been revealed yet?

About this 86 concept though...ummm, the fuck? It’s just so bizarre. I could live with some version of those headlights...I guess. But those shitty weird Scion TS taillights are just so bad. This thing sucks pretty bad.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #10757
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Jeez that 86 concept is awful. Why has Toyota decided that they need to make the fascia uglier every time they release a refresh.... Also, if its an auto, with no clutch, imagine how awkward it would be to drive in its "manual" mode. I clutchless shift for shits and giggles every once in a while, but I would much prefer a clutch or a well sorted auto, not a mashup bastard transmission.

I recently quit my job at a Nissan dealer and I think one of the reasons they haven't touched the Z line up or given us a SX replacement is because of how awful their lineup has been for the last 5 years or so. Altima's are fucking rolling turds, the transmissions fall out, the AC systems don't work, the suspension parts fail regularly etc. The Rogue and Murano have almost as many problems, seems like their line up gong from 2012 to today are all just basically rolling recalls and warranty claims...
Old 10-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #10758
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Innovation that excites? Who? Retirees and high school girls?

Old 10-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #10759
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
About this 86 concept though...ummm, the fuck? It’s just so bizarre. I could live with some version of those headlights...I guess. But those shitty weird Scion TS taillights are just so bad. This thing sucks pretty bad.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw some nasty Scion TC in this thing. It's horrific.

Did anyone read the attached article? Instead of Toyota filling adding some FI to the thing, they're 'boosting' it with a hybrid electric motor...
Old 10-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #10760
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Test drove an ATS (aka the 4 door Camaro with better outward visibility and better interior) 2.0t tonight. I was VERY impressed with the handling. Very. Power felt sufficient.

We’ll see. Need a second car sooooooo.

Last edited by exitspeed; 10-10-2017 at 05:46 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #10761
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
that tranny on that frs would go perfect with these

fucking abomination....
Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #10762
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://jalopnik.com/five-major-perf...1819376881/amp

Some interesting perspective on performance advantages of EVs. Very good points.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 AM   #10763
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Normally I'm highly logical and an article like this might make me at least consider a different viewpoint.

But when it comes to cars, screw that. Give me my exhaust loud, emissions high, mpg low, safety questionable, a manual transmission, and I'll take whatever performance I can get that comes with some combination of those pre-requisites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #10764
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse13 View Post
Normally I'm highly logical and an article like this might make me at least consider a different viewpoint.

But when it comes to cars, screw that. Give me my exhaust loud, emissions high, mpg low, safety questionable, a manual transmission, and I'll take whatever performance I can get that comes with some combination of those pre-requisites.

I agree. The sounds, the smell, the feel of IC cars are all part of the experience. But I'm willing to learn about benefits of EVs.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #10765
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
All jokes aside, I'll probably eventually have an EV as a daily. Heck, I drive a stock civic vx as my daily right now which may as well be an EV anyway. But as somebody who strictly drifts for fun, with no plans of ever doing any type of competitive Motorsport, The benefits don't really mean much to me when it comes to fun/ sports cars, even though in a lot of ways they're great.

Now to all the auto-x, drag, road racing, etc communities, or even potentially competitive drifting in the future, I could see people starting to move that way once the technology makes it advantageous and affordable enough.

I honestly wouldn't be overly surprised if someone like Frederick Aasbo or some other big name whose team has collectively sold their souls to marketing ended up running one in Formula D or another series sooner rather than later.

MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #10766
olah.inc
Zilvia Member

olah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enough
New "Volvo" Polestar Coupe

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/1...-on-17-october

olah.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #10767
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'm OK with EV cars within a certain context. They have a some huge advantages over conventional IC engines. In terms of outright speed, it can be touch to beat them, given a level playing field. But for driving enjoyment? Hell no. It just ain't there yet. That and the ability to increase power via tuning are the combustion engines final saving graces, IMO. Once EV's become enjoyable and tune-able, the gasoline engine will go the way of the dinosaur, just like the steam engine.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #10768
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by olah.inc View Post
Yeah it’s interesting that they’re turning Polestar (that name always makes me think of strippers) into a sub brand with its own cars.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #10769
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection

Just throwing it out there. Ecoboost engines are are totally attainable today. Someone get brave. Some of you were spending more for unknown SRs a decade ago.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #10770
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'd like to see that too. Those 2.3s put out stupid torque with little work.