Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #10621
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Boost_Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Okay? Why would you even ask a question?

I said realistically meaning "of the real world" meaning a person with the slightest hint of intelligence wouldn't pay more than 3,500 for a convertible.

Stay flossy, Florida.
?? Did i disagree with you. I simply stated my opinion and observation. You mad or something? Is everyone from cali a tool? Must be all the smog.
Boost_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #10622
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Is everyone from Florida a pissy little kid that gets butthurt when somebody calls them on their dumb bullshit?

Must be all the oranges.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #10623
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
California oranges are better
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #10624
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Is everyone from Florida a pissy little kid that gets butthurt when somebody calls them on their dumb bullshit?

Must be all the oranges.
please tell me, what "dumb bullshit" is he calling me on?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #10625
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Needing new tie rods that don't break the bank. I have moog tie rods right now, they ran out of thread and the toe gets worse every time i drive it. is there anything with a spherical end (like the SPL) that are good enough quality that arent a shit ton of money? if not, what is your guys suggestions?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #10626
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonroz View Post
What will i need in order to run 18X9 +35 fronts and 18X10 +38 Rears on an S-14?
Spacers? Fender Flares? and would it look funny on an s14 with no aero?
thanks!
anyone?...
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #10627
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
Needing new tie rods that don't break the bank. I have moog tie rods right now, they ran out of thread and the toe gets worse every time i drive it. is there anything with a spherical end (like the SPL) that are good enough quality that arent a shit ton of money? if not, what is your guys suggestions?
I have tien tie rods on my coupe and they are are nice for the price. alot of people compare them to the moog rods though. for dd the tien/moog is fine, but if you are doing any drifting or road racing I would get spl's or pbm's
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #10628
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Fiend View Post
I have tien tie rods on my coupe and they are are nice for the price. alot of people compare them to the moog rods though. for dd the tien/moog is fine, but if you are doing any drifting or road racing I would get spl's or pbm's
it's mostly going to be DD but i want to hit up the track days too. I have moogs on right now and when i went to align it i couldnt get my toe any closer to 0 than .5* because i ran out of thread. and my alignment didnt stay put. its way off now like 2* at least. PBM is coming out with new ones, i just dont know when. I found some peak performance inner and outers on touge factories website, and i'm wondering how legit it is because every where else stopped carrying them
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #10629
c.f.169
Leaky Injector

c.f.169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a quick question. I just installed my gt28r, 550cc in jectors, z32 maf, rs enthalpy tune amd a bunch more, any ways i had a few questions. First i only test a 10 second test start, all seemed well. I was happy. The next day i took it for a 2 min test drive. When i came back i popped the hood and noticed there was a very small amount of smoke coming from the turbo area. nothing is leaking on the ground. The turbo is brand new. I primed it properly. Im just curious if the turbo comes with oil or anything else on it from garret that would burn off in the initional 5 min. I dont like seeing smoke. let me know guys, ive tried searching for this. Thanks.
c.f.169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #10630
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Does anyone know where I can find new adjusting screws or the little spinning things on a Zenki headlight to adjust headlights? (up, down, left and right adjusting screws) The little things that turn are broken.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #10631
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.f.169 View Post
Just a quick question. I just installed my gt28r, 550cc in jectors, z32 maf, rs enthalpy tune amd a bunch more, any ways i had a few questions. First i only test a 10 second test start, all seemed well. I was happy. The next day i took it for a 2 min test drive. When i came back i popped the hood and noticed there was a very small amount of smoke coming from the turbo area. nothing is leaking on the ground. The turbo is brand new. I primed it properly. Im just curious if the turbo comes with oil or anything else on it from garret that would burn off in the initional 5 min. I dont like seeing smoke. let me know guys, ive tried searching for this. Thanks.
keep driving it. probably oil on it from the install or machining

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #10632
c.f.169
Leaky Injector

c.f.169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
keep driving it. probably oil on it from the install or machining
Thanks, sorry about the crappy spelling in my last post. I was at work, and using an iPhone.
I also was thinking/hoping this as well. It wasn't a large amount of smoke, probably half of what a cigarette would produce. Tonight I jacked the car up to see if there was any oil or coolant leaks and happily to report there is none.
c.f.169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #10633
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.f.169 View Post
Thanks, sorry about the crappy spelling in my last post. I was at work, and using an iPhone.
I also was thinking/hoping this as well. It wasn't a large amount of smoke, probably half of what a cigarette would produce. Tonight I jacked the car up to see if there was any oil or coolant leaks and happily to report there is none.
If you didn't clean your parts before installing them and had greasy hands, you are seeing the results of that grease or that manufacturing solvent/grease/corrosionj protectant burning off. It's common in all parts of the car that include the motor, trans, and exhaust system where heat builds up over 200*+/-(hot enough to burn off solvents).
I just installed a new cat back, and even though my son and I cleaned it, it still burned off stuff for the first few miles.
Just a thought since you are experiencing no failures. ps when you run up new toys, run them up. Give them a solid workout of at least twenty minutes after a five minute run in(if everything is fine)
Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #10634
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I am starting the rebuild on my S14SR20 and I wanted to know, can I get 9.0 compression pistons and run on the stock ecu and turbo?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #10635
SCRmotorsports

SCRmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
will ebay lowering springs be ok? or megan racing has some for $160 would they work. i have a gutted s13 hatch and i took the wheels of today and noticed my left front spring broke, the kid who had it cut them and im assuming they got weak so i need some springs arent they all just about the same?
SCRmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #10636
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Short answer, no, springs are not "all the same", not even close.

Buy some used coilovers or something, don't waste money on springs, they won't be nearly low enough. If you need to drive the car just find some stock springs for $5 from someone that doesn't need them.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #10637
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

I dont think you would have any problem running higher compression on stock ecu. Its only a bit higher then stock, but i would beat on it or anything as it will probably be running a leaner.

Last edited by Boost_Fiend; 05-09-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #10638
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I am starting the rebuild on my S14SR20 and I wanted to know, can I get 9.0 compression pistons and run on the stock ecu and turbo?
it may run, but not well/nor right.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #10639
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Zilmatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I'm looking to get a s14 kouki and this is the only one on the market....

s14 240sx kouki 97

Problem is that its auto has 250,xxx KM and he lied about the body being perfect. there is a tiny dent on the passenger door and a decently sized dent on the passenger wheel well...
Is this a good price for what it is? he would trade me my s13 + 2g's for it.
thanks!

EDIT: my s13 has 244,xxx km's hks coils, apexi exhaust, 15 riken rims, kouki tails/type x rear valances, custom sub setup.
Zilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #10640
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Fiend View Post
I dont think you would have any problem running higher compression on stock ecu. Its only a bit higher then stock, but i would beat on it or anything as it will probably be running a leaner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
it may run, but not well/nor right.
Thanks for the input guys. The plan was to get it all together and running before I save up fore a new turbo, ecu, injectors ect. It might be a while before that happens though.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #10641
Matt300ZXT
Leaky Injector

Matt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of lightMatt300ZXT is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Matt300ZXT Send a message via Yahoo to Matt300ZXT
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #10642
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
this is not my picture but the line that turns down at the booster and runs up the frame rail and runs to nothing, wtf is it?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #10643
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Gas tank vent line. Goes to charcoal canister. Needs to be left open.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #10644
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
I primered my car a few months ago. Now I want to paint it with chalkboard paint... Should I put another coat of primer or should I clean it, scuff it and paint? Also, how much do you think it would take per coat to cover a 95 s14? I need to do 3 coats, and it comes in quart cans... I'm thinking 1-2quarts per coat but I really have no clue.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #10645
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilmatic View Post
Hey I'm looking to get a s14 kouki and this is the only one on the market....

s14 240sx kouki 97

Problem is that its auto has 250,xxx KM and he lied about the body being perfect. there is a tiny dent on the passenger door and a decently sized dent on the passenger wheel well...
Is this a good price for what it is? he would trade me my s13 + 2g's for it.
thanks!

EDIT: my s13 has 244,xxx km's hks coils, apexi exhaust, 15 riken rims, kouki tails/type x rear valances, custom sub setup.

If the car has a ton of miles on it(it does) and it's not perfect bodywise(it's not), what are it's redeaming values to ask for $5500? None. It's a $3500 car all day long. What's your chuki worth? add to that amount to make up $3500 and offer it for the kouki...if you go higher, it's all on just how bad you want that car
Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #10646
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
WELDERS!!

Is something like this repairable?

daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #10647
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Anything is repairable when you have a welder. Your actual question is 'is it cheaper to repair this than to replace this?' yes, probably
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #10648
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
^ thank you for your answer. I'm getting the FMIC for like $20 + shipping, so if it's cheaper than $200 for an off brand like CX Racing then I am good.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #10649
boniomario
Zilvia Member

boniomario is an unknown quantity at this point
yes that is repairable just make sure your welder knows what he's doing
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #10650
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Zilmatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
If the car has a ton of miles on it(it does) and it's not perfect bodywise(it's not), what are it's redeaming values to ask for $5500? None. It's a $3500 car all day long. What's your chuki worth? add to that amount to make up $3500 and offer it for the kouki...if you go higher, it's all on just how bad you want that car
It's kilometres not miles Canadian car... I'm not sure what my 89 s13 is worth. I've noticed he tried selling this car for 7000 and kept it at 5500 since November so I'm starting to back away
Zilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote