Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #1021
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Seriously bad news for us gavfab fans, but now you will be closer to me.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #1022
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I might be intrested in the kouki tails but i fell so sad man u gonna regret it but hey i would chose my future over a car as well.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #1023
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The car IS your future homey. Must be a banging job to just drop all that.
Im OCD with not finishing stuff, that would put me off the richter.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #1024
twofortyfreak

Trader Rating: (0)
twofortyfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It cant stop here!!
Someone should pick up the whole car and finish what gav started, get a zilvia account if they dont have one already, and keep posting the process in this thread.
That would truly make for an epic build thread.
twofortyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #1025
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
shitty.
msglength
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #1026
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Sucks you gotta leave the project, but setting up a better life is more important than any car, ever. I respect your decision, and wish you the best of luck with the new job, and any future project you take on. Who knows, if the job pays well enough, you may even be able to move into a BETTER platform to start from scratch.

Think positive, kick butt at your job, and look at this project as gaining invaluable experience for future cars!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #1027
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
saw it coming.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #1028
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
cant leave it at your rents? storage?
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #1029
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13

*goes outside, pours on curb*
Old 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #1030
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
whattttttttttttttttttt thhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee fucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

after all that work?

i understand

kinda

glw the new job man
Old 08-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #1031
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fucking shit

good luck with new job
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #1032
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
I just don't see why you kept calling this thing a track slut. Projects like this never get finished, or taken to the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've got respect for your effort, and it's dope to see some good fab skill being put to use.

My opinion is just that it's very important to have GOALS set for a build like this, and many people often don't.

If I want to go to DE events, lapping days, and the occasional time attack, I'd probably build the car slowly. I'd do things in stages, not all at once, so that the car could always be at the track, and a track slut. I'd always make sure I was at every event, and in the downtime I would fix broken things, and put small projects together.

For example, keep the car KA for a while, and design your drysump pan, windge tray, and sump pump stuff before you put the motor in. Then I'd put the motor in as quickly as possible (an RB can be installed and wired in a few weeks- a few of my friends in az have done it on that timeframe), then I'd run it and test it again. Then I'd upgrade as I went. Etc......

It's important to learn balance when building a car.
my thoughts exactly, i have a friend who likes to think buying a car and stripping it to bare bones is a "project"

needless to say every single one has ended up in the junkyard, and none have ever seen the road, let a lone a track

i had a feeling something like this would happen, thats why i like to do 1 thing at a time so my car is always drivable and track ready.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #1033
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I wish you good luck with your new career 'Gavster'. It's good you have your mind set and focused. Also moving to a new state (or region) is an eye opening experience. I'll give you six months before you truly feel comfortable with your new environment (people and places). Congrats with your new venture, don't give up on it.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #1034
scweet1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
scweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sad to read, but Good Luck with your career.
scweet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #1035
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
all you dreamers out there take this as a lesson. dont start something you aint gonna finish!!! but GL never the less.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #1036
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
if there is a lesson to be had of this... career comes first... and for those of us that just dont get it? well... this is why your still here ya? complaining and trying to lowball on parts that are already priced like dirt due to the competition...

good luck w/ your new job Gav. you'll be fine... if this is an indicator of your talents... shit your new job can only be in for a surprise...

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #1037
xxtokesxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
xxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just continue it later down the line? A year of not spending money on a car will give you loads of perspective down the line. Then when you get back to it the motivation will be there in full effect.
xxtokesxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #1038
Headsick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Headsick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sad sad day, but I too understand the importance of a career/life over a project car. Hell, if I had no dreams/aspirations other than my cars, I'd have my own projects finished. Good luck bro!
Headsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #1039
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
=( unsubscribed.... *goes to cry*
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #1040
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
*sad forever* so today i break up with the gf, and now this. wht can possibl be worse.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #1041
YoungGun
Post Whore!

YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
OMG sucks.

+1 on trying to store it somewhere.

Can't believe you'd give up something you've invested so much time/money in so fast.

But good luck with your future, seriously.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #1042
jamlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jamlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can’t believe what I'm reading here. I've followed this thread from creation, its one of the few links in my favorites folder; I check it at least once a week and talk about the build all the time. I must say mad props on the decision to put your career first, I understand you wanting to part out the s14 but why sell the STI also, I think that you will be miserable without some fun in your life...at least keep the STI, all work and no play makes jack a dull boy- don’t want this to happen to you bro...
jamlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #1043
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
wow.

thats how I feel. Im crying.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #1044
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hi, Gavster, I sent you a PM! check ASAP!
I am do want the items you wrote to me about in my WTB thread!
cash in hand now, ready to send!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #1045
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Srsly. Gav, this is depressing. Hopefully someone will pick up the chassis and do it justice.
Thinking about the possibilities. Too bad the firewall is cut though.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #1046
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
it was soooo close to being done Vultures are moving in

lol
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #1047
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
congrats of your job and fairwell to the car.
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #1048
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
If this job is so great you can afford to drop the car off at a shop to have finished for you.

That's all I have to say about it.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #1049
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Thanks for being supportive guys. I know it seems crazy but I just flat out won't have the time to even enjoy it even if I took it with me. I will be strapped for time as is, and when I do get time off, I'm sure I'll end up visiting home or travelling, so it just doesn't really fit in with the life I'm about to start.

I'm not abandoning cars all together, Im selling my 04 STi too so I can get a new one...I want an 06 or 07 with low mileage and that will keep me having fun where ever possible. I started getting lots of PM's about parts. I'm answering as fast as possible, so keep em coming.

To those who asked more about the job. I will be working as an instructor to US Navy officers teaching them how to run nuclear reactors on subs and carriers. Charleston is home to the Navy school of nuclear power. I have to go through a year of their very intense program and upon completion of the program, will become an instructor. I will remain a civilian, but will have my own way of "serving" this country and the needs of our wonderful armed forces. Needless to say, I'm very excited about the job and the work I am about to begin!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 AM   #1050
AWDalbert
Zilvia Member

AWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of lightAWDalbert is a glorious beacon of light
Just read the whole thread started at 12ish now I finished, very impressive build, your fabrication skill are seriously legit, clean welds, painting, clean work all together, the car was looking and turning out incredible and i was dying to get to the end and see the finished result, sad to see u had to let it go, but as u said life goes on

congrats on your new job/career.

hopefully the car goes to someone that will do it justice and classy as you have.
AWDalbert is offline   Reply With Quote