Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #10441
that_one_coupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
that_one_coupe is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
None of the sensors are in the engine bay or connected to the engine at all..just google DCC install and you'll see.
Oke dokey then. Thank You
that_one_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #10442
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr20det oem "lower shroud" do-hickie worth it?
blessedhellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #10443
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone make a body kit like the DMAX type III one for the kouki s14? Is the version select version IV the same? Does anyone have like a list of what body kits are the same as the version select ones? lol
InsTanCeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #10444
TrueFreshness
Leaky Injector

TrueFreshness is an unknown quantity at this point
Im stuck between getting an rb20 zenki or a stock ka24 zenki. Would it be better to go with the rb20 zenki? Not sure how much more power the rb20 has over the ka24.
TrueFreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #10445
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFreshness View Post
Im stuck between getting an rb20 zenki or a stock ka24 zenki. Would it be better to go with the rb20 zenki? Not sure how much more power the rb20 has over the ka24.
Depends... was the swap done correctly or did they take shortcuts to finish the swap? If thats the case, go with a stock Zenki and swap it later on.

Stock RB20 has around 218hp according to wikipedia
Stock KA has around 155hp.

If it was me id try and find an unmolested zenki (if thats what you want), and do the swap yourself or take it to a legit shop so you know it was done correctly and wont take a shit on you because of wiring hackjobs, shortcuts, etc.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #10446
hardparkd
Leaky Injector

hardparkd is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys quick question. wonderin if i could get a lil help.
everytime i have my parking lights and/or headlights on, if i tap the dash with my fist or go over a bump hard enough all the cluster lights turn off and sometimes dont turn back on until i hit another bump hard enough. the headlights and taillights stay lit though.

also my digital speedo reads 199 kph when im sittin in neutral and it freezes at that. its hard to explain ish. oh. should probably add im running megasquirt v3.

any help/insite or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thx!
hardparkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #10447
PrimeDirective
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
PrimeDirective is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
What are these hardlines along the frame rail for and do i need them for a RB swap?

Quote:
biggest fucking picture ever. that hardline by the framrail is the idle bump sensor. It's not necessary at all for your swap, I'm curious however if not hooked up if it causes the idle to sit a little higher or causes it to dip a little lower.
Are you talking about the sensor that is on the hardline that goes to the rack and pinion?

I am talking about the other two grey hard lines. One goes down along the drivers side frame rail under the car and the other goes up past the master cylinders and then down with the fuel feed and return lines then back to the gas tank?
PrimeDirective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #10448
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Anybody have an idea of what thread size this is going into the adapter? Not the AN side.

Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #10449
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyphe View Post
Anybody have an idea of what thread size this is going into the adapter? Not the AN side.

pipe thread? maybe!
blessedhellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #10450
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know what the hell this thing is on my exhaust?? It's the stock exhaust.
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #10451
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Looks like just a hanger to keep the exhaust from moving around. Guessing its an S14. S13's have a similar brace but its connected to the tranny mount.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #10452
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's what I was thinking, but there isnt a place for it to mount up or grab onto anything. And yes it's and S14.
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #10453
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
pipe thread? maybe!
I ordered 1/2" NPT fittings, they def dont fit =\
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #10454
mrslowevoix
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mrslowevoix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is there a 30mm rear over fender for a s14 that covers the whole quarter panel? i know origin has a 50mm.. are they the only one that has it cover it completely not molded?
mrslowevoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #10455
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I need a MAF (maybe).

Long short, KA24 starts fine, but dies after a couple second or if throttle is applied. Unplug MAF, it idles like a champ. MAF sucks right? Right.

Second question: So far as I can tell, the 93-95 Altima KADE shares the same MAF as the S13 KADE. Why the hell is one so much more expensive than the other, if this is true? Is this true? Hook it up!
KA24DE Problem - YouTube
Added a video to show the issue w/MAF.
Back to this. I can now get the car to idle, after fixing an issue with the knock sensor (go fig), but it still stalls with any sort of throttle applied.

Still throwing codes 12 and 13, but I've checked all of the connections according to the FSM as well as the components themselves. I bought a new (to me) MAF and a new CTS, yet the behavior remains. Motor idles, touch the throttle and it dies. TPS? Not throwing a code, and it seems to be okay, but at this point I'm open to suggestions.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #10456
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm199 View Post
That's what I was thinking, but there isnt a place for it to mount up or grab onto anything. And yes it's and S14.
It's a vibration damper.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #10457
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Back to this.

TPS?
Would be my first guess.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #10458
Dewmaze

Dewmaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Anyone Know The Wheels On This Lil Lady
Dewmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #10459
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Can I remove the stock braces on the underside of the ka intake manifold? Will I damage the flange or head by running it this way? also, is there a way to run an sr20 fuel rail on a ka.....
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #10460
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Back to this. I can now get the car to idle, after fixing an issue with the knock sensor (go fig), but it still stalls with any sort of throttle applied.

Still throwing codes 12 and 13, but I've checked all of the connections according to the FSM as well as the components themselves. I bought a new (to me) MAF and a new CTS, yet the behavior remains. Motor idles, touch the throttle and it dies. TPS? Not throwing a code, and it seems to be okay, but at this point I'm open to suggestions.

LOOK HARD at the ALTERNATOR charging output. My '96(new to me three weeks ago) was throwing random codes, even when hooked up to the black box's. I checked the alternator on a hunch, and found that the alternator wasn't outputting enough, but two days later it manifested as an entire lack of charge. Had it rebuilt for $80 and bang, no codes. Codes were:

Battery disconected, Check engine(orange)Emmissions knock sensor and 02 sensors, air bag sensor, and intake(MAF) gripe, however, my car's little KA was running like a champ.
You may want to look at your battery, charging system, and only your intake sensors if the idle is off. Also, you may have a slight ignition gripe. Isolate the wires and check for breaks or grounds or shorts. The wire should read '0' ohms. If it has a break or is internally worn it will show resistance numbers. Just a thought or two...I really need to get a Hayn'es manual for all the computer stuff
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #10461
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmaze View Post
Does Anyone Know The Wheels On This Lil Lady
They are MRR HR2 wheels
HR2 Wheel - MRR Design
Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #10462
GreenMNTDC5
Zilvia Member

GreenMNTDC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!!!

So I just tried to install my Godspeed rear camber kit into my 1998 S14 and the little gold connections that lead to the bushings seem to be to wide, i.e. they wont fit into where I pulled the stock ones out. I could fit one in easily but to have them on both sides It looks like I need at least another 1/4 inch. Has anyone had these camber arms and had this issue? As you can see the stock one seems to be quite a bit narrower...

GreenMNTDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #10463
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
most aftermarket camber arms (cheaper ones) come with 2 sets of spacers, one set is wider than the other...if yours only came with the one set and do not fit, either bend the mounts tabs on your car out a little, return the arms, or grind down the spacer...
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #10464
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
c'mon really? guessing thread pitch is the worst you can do. Buy a fucking thread pitch gauge they are at the VERY most $50 but usually less than $10. Hell the ones from Snap-On are only fucking $13.

If you don't want to spend money on a very important tool you will love for the rest of your life, take that other fitting out and take it to a hardware store and match it up. Hell, take the whole thing to a hardware store.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #10465
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Hard to say what they may use on the knockoff sandwhich plates.

Alas I'd not even bother with the right thing...I'd just weld the fitting onto the block and call it a day. If you want, bring it up one night and we'll burn it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
c'mon really? guessing thread pitch is the worst you can do. Buy a fucking thread pitch gauge they are at the VERY most $50 but usually less than $10. Hell the ones from Snap-On are only fucking $13.
You show me a snap on pipe thread gauge for 13 bucks and I'll buy one extra for ya...as if it exists I've never been able to find it. No reason to flame someone especially if you're going to give him wrong information atop of it all.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #10466
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Hard to say what they may use on the knockoff sandwhich plates.

Alas I'd not even bother with the right thing...I'd just weld the fitting onto the block and call it a day. If you want, bring it up one night and we'll burn it on.

You show me a snap on pipe thread gauge for 13 bucks and I'll buy one extra for ya...as if it exists I've never been able to find it. No reason to flame someone especially if you're going to give him wrong information atop of it all.
TDM101, Gauge, Bolt and Thread, Metric
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #10467
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
He DID say $13 bucks, just saying.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #10468
GreenMNTDC5
Zilvia Member

GreenMNTDC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
most aftermarket camber arms (cheaper ones) come with 2 sets of spacers, one set is wider than the other...if yours only came with the one set and do not fit, either bend the mounts tabs on your car out a little, return the arms, or grind down the spacer...
Ya they only came with one set of spacers which are too wide And they came with the car I bought so I don't have a reciept or the ability to return them. I wonder if I could order the correct set from Godspeed.

Any one else dealt with Godspeed rear camber arms??
GreenMNTDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #10469
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I have that exact piece.

He needs to determine pipe thread. That particular thread gauge doesn't have any pipe on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
He DID say $13 bucks, just saying.
I wasn't so much concerned with the pricing on it, just that it didn't have pipe thread on it (unless mine is old and didn't have it). I have a real pipe thread set and it's a bunch of plugs and dies.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #10470
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMNTDC5 View Post
Ya they only came with one set of spacers which are too wide And they came with the car I bought so I don't have a reciept or the ability to return them. I wonder if I could order the correct set from Godspeed.

Any one else dealt with Godspeed rear camber arms??
Why not just take them to your local machine shop and have them face the big end down a little until it fits