Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #10261
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
They would, never in a million years, keep the same Supra font as the puffy 90's Mk4 one.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2017, 05:00 AM   #10262
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
They would, never in a million years, keep the same Supra font as the puffy 90's Mk4 one.
The other thing that stood out. Thanks for saying that. His ain't the 90's anymore.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #10263
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I dunno, im not a big supra fan to begin with, there is no gen that i like. I dont get the hype around the mk4 ones, i think they"re horribly ugly. Supras dont have the record of victory that r32"s have, i guess they"re famous solely cuz F&F ? It seems like their appeal is solely usdm too, i dont think they were every really appreciated in nippon. Ive never really seen a lot of enthusiasm for them in japan, other than maybe a few best motoring reviews.The JZ engines are pretty swag tho

Im wondering what those 2 other sports cars they are supposedly gonna debut are? Mr2? SF-R again? Some sort of celica like shit would be pretty damn disappointing unless it was all trac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #10264
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I dunno, im not a big supra fan to begin with, there is no gen that i like. I dont get the hype around the mk4 ones, i think they"re horribly ugly. Supras dont have the record of victory that r32"s have, i guess they"re famous solely cuz F&F ? It seems like their appeal is solely usdm too, i dont think they were every really appreciated in nippon. Ive never really seen a lot of enthusiasm for them in japan, other than maybe a few best motoring reviews.The JZ engines are pretty swag tho

Im wondering what those 2 other sports cars they are supposedly gonna debut are? Mr2? SF-R again? Some sort of celica like shit would be pretty damn disappointing unless it was all trac.

Yeah, you're definitely 21. Believe me the hype was real way before F&F. Drag racing was HUGE when those cars came out and not much could touch them. They were running stupid times in "stock" (internals) form like 7's or 8's or some shit. The current record is 6 or some dumb shit. IIRC you could literally do some bolt-ons and start running 10/11's and drive home. That was nuts at the time. Yeah the GTR was a thing because we got to play them on GT and Tokyo Exteme Racer but they mind as well be myths at the time living in the US. The Supra IMO was the GTO of that generation. It's debatable but I think anyone who disagrees is blinded by biases.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:32 PM   #10265
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
The JZ engines are pretty swag tho...
please dont ever use that term again as long as you live

keep in mind that your generation has been raised in a scene here in the US where its common place to swap motors across platforms (V8 in anything other than a domestic *BARF*). the MK4 supra was a huge contender in the 90s sports car market. its pretty much what REALLY put Toyota on the map in terms of japanese muscle car status in the US. its legendary status continued into the 2000s (and even still today). People back then werent into swapping 2JZs into S13s, V8s into RX7s or SR20s into AE86s. You would build the car with motor it came with (or in the S-Chassis case, put the motor back into the car where it belong *MIDDLE FINGER TO THE KA*). there was a huge sense of pride in owning a car that had a super potent motor in it that could out do other cars in its class swapping in a V8! the MK4 Supra (much like the FD3S, R33/R34, Evo and STI) was a nasty contender with simple bolt ons (just like Exitspeed mentioned).

but going back to the original point, your generation has only known Frankenstein hack jobs for the most part. no longer is there really a sense of BUILDING the motor thats meant for the car, instead its "lets swap an LS into it" because, well... as i mentioned before, the iphone started the downfall of putting effort into things and just going the easiest route possible instead of LEARNING about what drives you in life (no pun intended) and really spending time properly building something.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #10266
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
iphones make people ls swap cars?

lol getting old must suck
Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #10267
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yup. Watching younger generations do amazingly stupid shit, then realizing when I get to "shit myself and don't care old", they'll be running the country. And that's terrifying. Now I know how my parents feel.

I remember seeing mkiv supras at dealerships....and promptly drooling all over myself. Then 2001 happened, fast and the furious came out and fanboy'd the shit out of that car.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #10268
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
back in 1995 my hockey coach had a Supra with a bunch of TRD stuff on it. he gave me a ride in it and thats what got me hooked on import cars. bought my first 240sx a year later
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #10269
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
I dont like LS swaps, i believe in keeping brand with brand.

I just dont like the mk4 haha i dont care about drag racing, i didnt really think jap cars were about that drag life anyway.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 PM   #10270
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:

I just dont like the mk4 haha i dont care about drag racing, i didnt really think jap cars were about that drag life anyway.

lol, i bought my first 240sx when you were 1
Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #10271
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

You were an infant then, how would you?

"I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time".

"You owe me a 10 second car."

You do t even have to read between the lines...the lines actually tell you. Lol.

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-15-2017 at 05:34 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #10272
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

One of my biggest car regrets, in hindsight, was buying my 00 Eclipse GT (which I'll be honest I loved back then) instead of a used MK4 Supra. Couple year old Turbos were going for what I paid for my Eclipse then. Still stings thinking about it but I had a lot of fun with that Eclipse.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #10273
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Import drags is what got me into imports. It was the thing back then. Now everyone is all about drifting, which I just don't care to do.
Watching supras, crazy ass Hondas, and fast as hell dsm's screaming down the quarter mile was my jam.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #10274
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
One of my biggest car regrets, in hindsight, was buying my 00 Eclipse GT (which I'll be honest I loved back then) instead of a used MK4 Supra. Couple year old Turbos were going for what I paid for my Eclipse then. Still stings thinking about it but I had a lot of fun with that Eclipse.
yeah, i could have bought a E30 M3 for about 10k back in the late 90's boy did i screw up
Old 02-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #10275
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I wish I was born early enough to have been able to take part in import drag racings heyday

Seems like it was such a great scene
Old 02-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #10276
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
You can't do anything "secretly" anymore.

Before people had to go out and buy camcorders and shit to take videos which werent cheap.
Now you can go to fucking Boost Mobile and for $25 a month you get a shitty smartphone that can record videos.
Seriously, Gram Gram can fucking whip one out and have all your late night shenanigans shut down in like 10 mins with your license plates and all.

I got bored with it all I'm just waiting on the rest of society to get bored of it, which doesnt look like its happening soon.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #10277
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Gram gram is up late at nite? Cuz im pretty sure if you wanna have fun, gotta find some abandoned back roads. If its late there wont be much traffic either

You shouldnt be anywhere near grandmas if your fucking around with your car anyway.
Find someplace where ya dont annoy the shit out of people and go there, thats what i used to do

Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #10278
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Import drags is what got me into imports. It was the thing back then. Now everyone is all about drifting, which I just don't care to do.
Watching supras, crazy ass Hondas, and fast as hell dsm's screaming down the quarter mile was my jam.
when I was in high school my dad and brother went to the local drag strip every Thursday night for "Grudge Night" which was basically a bunch of 90's - early 00's American and Japanese cars. I saw a few sr-swapped s14's and an s13 doing low 13 and 12 sec passes (pretty fast at the time) and I was hooked. Man those were some good times.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #10279
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I saw a few sr-swapped s14's and an s13 doing low 13 and 12 sec passes (pretty fast at the time) and I was hooked.
13-12 seconds for a 4 banger is still pretty damn fast... even in modern times! you run 13-12 seconds in the 1/4, you can take out 90% of whats rolling around on the street.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #10280
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
13-12 seconds for a 4 banger is still pretty damn fast... even in modern times! you run 13-12 seconds in the 1/4, you can take out 90% of whats rolling around on the street.

I really wonder how a fast S-chassis would stack up to today's muscle.

Like a 350whp S14 SR vs a 5.0 Mustang or Camaro
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #10281
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I always loved the dudes with the sleepers. There was a guy with early 90's Dodge Colt wagon/cuv thing with a built 4G63 swap, gutted, etc...it ran 11's. Even the old guys with their muscle cars got a kick out of it even though it was super embarrassing to get smoked by.

The late 90's and early 00's were a weird time. Cars were slow. You had the the Supra and RX7's that were fast but we're pretty rare. At the drag strip it was mostly Civics, Integras, Preludes, Eclipses/Talons...probably missing a few but this was before Evos and WRXs hit the market here. Hell my Eclipse was NOT that slow (for the time) and I was only running a 14.7.

I miss those days. The whole scene was so exciting.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #10282
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

back when it was imports vs domestics... you got an amazing sense of pride and accomplishment snapping off a loud and evil sounding V8 with your freshly swapped SR20 or B18

Old 02-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #10283
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I really wonder how a fast S-chassis would stack up to today's muscle.

Like a 350whp S14 SR vs a 5.0 Mustang or Camaro
honestly, pretty well. one of my co-workers had a brand new challenger RT and he decided to run me from a light. he couldnt pull on me, just stayed neck and neck... AND IM STILL ON STOCK INJECTORS, ECU AND MAFS lol

350whp S14 is roughly a low 12 second/high 11 second car in the 1/4 mile. i pulled 13.2 on roughly 300whp and 3 cylinders (this is why we dont buy deatschwerks injectors kids).

most people have no idea how scary fast an S13/S14 gets above 300whp. unless youre running AT LEAST some sticky 245s in the rear, you are NOT gonna get traction PERIOD! i would burn my stretched 235s Federal 595s on my last S13 and it dyno'd out at 308 to the wheels. i currently have 245s on my S13 hatch and it will chirp second... aaaaaaand the car isnt even tuned yet (still have my PFC DJetro and tomei 740cc injectors in my closet *ugh*)

Old 02-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #10284
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
So those guys in the gtx thread with the "Cody ace setup" making like 390whp must be just cooking tires.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #10285
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

That what in the who now?

Old 02-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #10286
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
So those guys in the gtx thread with the "Cody ace setup" making like 390whp must be just cooking tires.
the dudes with VE heads on their sr's must be vaporizing dem tires too then,

it seems like there's a thread someone made for old school nostalgic reminiscing

"when I was your age there was no missiles" "gawd you young people suck" " bruh same I've been old skewl since day one"

I didn't like invent missiles, there were those among your own gen who pretty much invented that/allowed that to come into existence

I don't care about missiles either dude, neither do I have an instagram or whatever.

I worked with someone who had these cars, and watched initial D/ old hot versions to get into this stuff. I didn't like watch hoonigan vids and then be like "oh shit those cars seem fun to trash".

jeez must everything on this forum devolve into condescending nostalgia?

none of yall are excited about the other 2 new yota's huh?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #10287
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Until there's actual info on them...zero fucks.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #10288
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Until there's actual info on them...zero fucks.

True, 2 years ago they were acting like a new S2K was coming with the new nsx, so i dunno.

Plus the whole SFR thing is pretty much toast i think

If honda is supposedly making all these new cars, like CTR and they keep talking hearsay about a new S2K, it would be wise of toyota to try to match em at least a little bit

It would be cool, one can dream i guess, i wouldnt mind having a new MR2 haha, as long as it isnt all round and gross like the MR-S
Old 02-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #10289
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:

no turbo, no care!

honestly, i quit getting excited about any new car because they always tend to be huge let downs in a ton of ways!

Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #10290
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
That what in the who now?
This thread.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=124925