Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #10051
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll be almost in my 80s. What she gonna do, break my hip?
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #10052
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Glad I'll be to damned old to drive or dead by then, because that future sounds awful.
Getting old and cynical sucks. Lol.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #10053
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I've always been cantankerous, just slowly getting to the old fart part of it.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:55 PM   #10054
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
I'll be almost in my 80s. What she gonna do, break my hip?

Science will have advanced to the point to where she"ll be both hip and wife

Its called engineering

Probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #10055
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I think we can all agree we don't want to see an end to manuals. But it'll happen eventually. Autonomous cars will probably be the biggest blow to manual cars' future. By 2025 we'll have a lot of autonomous cars on the road but it won't be an all autonomous market by then. I think there will still be manuals to be had, but once autonomous cars completely kill car culture they'll be a thing of the past. This is not a knock against CA, ok yes it is, CA will probably be the first state to pass a mandate for an only autonomous roadway and make actually driving a car illegal. Ironic considering the importance and history of car culture in CA. I predict there will be a shift in popular opinion some 40 years (heck maybe sooner) where people will look at people that WANT to drive cars as morons, and blame them for all kinds of shit like global warming, deaths, etc. It'll be a shift like gay marriage or marijuana usage, etc. Public opinion can change fast if it becomes a "social " issue, which the Left (especially in CA) is good at doing. Don't forget Mrs Clinton's husband voted against gay marriage just like 5 administrations ago. This shift will be like 2050 or some shit.

Sorry to get political but that's what's going to kill it, kill it.
Sorry Mel but while California does have some legal restriction type laws. Actually talk here right now is not allowing self driving cars due to safety issues. It's the big car companies ( along with Tesla and Google) that are actually pushing autonomous cars. In fact almost all big car companies including European biggies like Audi and Mercedes that are pushing this stuff.
I know everybody wants to us California as the whipping boy for car regulations but do some reading before you make such a bold assertation.

California is actually talking about legislation requiring any cars tha are self driving to have a driver behind the wheel at all times. As of right now California legislators are not happy about the Tesla crashes and the unreported Google test crashes.
Do not condemn us just because your political bent deems us bad as a state. There are still some level heads here.

Sorry to get off topic folks but this needed to be addressed. Hard political bent to the right or the left overall is not a way to move forward.

P.S. The only thing restrictive car wise in this state is emissions laws and while I sometimes don't like the I can't deny they have cleaned up the air quite a bit here. They also have forced automakers to make more fuel efficient stock high hp engines.
All of Fords Ecoboost line would not exist if not because of emission laws and sorry if don't realize but those engines are turbocharged and kick some ass. Think about the fact that Ford is pulling 197hp and 215 ft lbs of torque out of a fricken 1.6 liter! Or 252hp out of a 2.0 . Ya say what you will but there are upsides here and it's time to for some to pull their heads out of the sand Globsl warming does exist and whatever we can do to reduce is important for us and future generations.
Not against high hp or gas engines just being realistic here and doing a Trump saying to does not exist.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #10056
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I won't get into the left vs right thing, However I do agree policy will one day be the end of non self driving cars not just manuals. Remember in IRobot that scene where Will takes control of the car and then later on the deputy asks who what was he doing driving the car himself at those speeds (300+mph)? I think that is where cars are headed. Where you program your destination and it goes, all the cars becoming connected to one grid with self drive modes available only at select times. That though is in the future maybe 50-60 years IMO.

As far as manuals, I think as double clutch trickles its way down, we will see less manual sports car and more with double clutch.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #10057
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Corolla XRS was pretty cool doe
Is that the one that has the variable lift engine? That car is a sleeper if there ever was one. Local dude has one that full interior and commodities, with intake/exhaust bolt ons, and it walks away from all the civics at the local races no mater how gutted they are or what engine is swapped in, it's crazy. And it sounds great too.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #10058
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Is that the one that has the variable lift engine? That car is a sleeper if there ever was one. Local dude has one that full interior and commodities, with intake/exhaust bolt ons, and it walks away from all the civics at the local races no mater how gutted they are or what engine is swapped in, it's crazy. And it sounds great too.

They have the 2zzge celica engine/tranny. I think all corollas from like 2001 on have vvti , 2zz has more performance oriented valve/lift timing.

I always see grandmas and old mexican ladies driving them haha, i want one. Theres a matrix xrs too, but the rolla looks better

Theres alot of cheap old stock trd stuff for them too , that no one ever bought.

If i had one i would swap to the corolla fielder X front

They stopped making them in the mid 200"s though.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #10059
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So a camry engine in a much lighter car. Makes sense. And corollas last forever too.

Anyways back to rwd chassis lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #10060
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So a camry engine in a much lighter car. Makes sense. And corollas last forever too.

Anyways back to rwd chassis lol.

Celica engine haha.
Yes these are old and not rwd drive, so irrelevant

Old 11-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #10061
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The 2zz is a neat motor, but it's a torqueless wonder. I have a matrix XRS, you don't hit the big cam until 6700rpm and then it revs to 8200. It's novel for a while, but mostly I wish I could move the VVTI engagement down to 4500rpm or so, without buying a PowerFC or some other standalone.

Mine has 180k on it, by far the most reliable car I've ever owned. Four years and the only thing I've done is change the oil, put a clutch in it after OEM clutch failed at 156k, and that's about it.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #10062
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
The 2zz is a neat motor, but it's a torqueless wonder. I have a matrix XRS, you don't hit the big cam until 6700rpm and then it revs to 8200. It's novel for a while, but mostly I wish I could move the VVTI engagement down to 4500rpm or so, without buying a PowerFC or some other standalone.

Mine has 180k on it, by far the most reliable car I've ever owned. Four years and the only thing I've done is change the oil, put a clutch in it after OEM clutch failed at 156k, and that's about it.

Ive heard the pontiac vibe version has a lower vvti engagement and you can swap the ecus, but maybe im thinking that the matrix has lower engagement than the rolla

Old 11-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #10063
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Sorry Mel but while California does have some legal restriction type laws. Actually talk here right now is not allowing self driving cars due to safety issues. It's the big car companies ( along with Tesla and Google) that are actually pushing autonomous cars. In fact almost all big car companies including European biggies like Audi and Mercedes that are pushing this stuff.
I know everybody wants to us California as the whipping boy for car regulations but do some reading before you make such a bold assertation.

California is actually talking about legislation requiring any cars tha are self driving to have a driver behind the wheel at all times. As of right now California legislators are not happy about the Tesla crashes and the unreported Google test crashes.
Do not condemn us just because your political bent deems us bad as a state. There are still some level heads here.

Sorry to get off topic folks but this needed to be addressed. Hard political bent to the right or the left overall is not a way to move forward.

P.S. The only thing restrictive car wise in this state is emissions laws and while I sometimes don't like the I can't deny they have cleaned up the air quite a bit here. They also have forced automakers to make more fuel efficient stock high hp engines.
All of Fords Ecoboost line would not exist if not because of emission laws and sorry if don't realize but those engines are turbocharged and kick some ass. Think about the fact that Ford is pulling 197hp and 215 ft lbs of torque out of a fricken 1.6 liter! Or 252hp out of a 2.0 . Ya say what you will but there are upsides here and it's time to for some to pull their heads out of the sand Globsl warming does exist and whatever we can do to reduce is important for us and future generations.
Not against high hp or gas engines just being realistic here and doing a Trump saying to does not exist.
Keep in mind, this is just my prediction based off of what I see going on with CA legislation and the auto industry as a whole.

Sure California doesn't like the Tesla crashes, but that's not exclusively a Ca thing, that's everywhere these crashes are happening. Speaking of Tesla, yes they are going big on automous vehicles and Silcon valley is betting big on the technology too. Well guess where almost HALF of all Telsas are sold? Did someone say California? Bingo. Point being California and it's residents love the brand and the brand is going autonomous. There's no way around it. Right NOW California (as is every state, even the ones allowing autonomous car testing) might be cautious but my prediction is for some time down the road.

And that's just Tesla. The big 3, Europe, Japan and Korea are spending hubs of money developing the tech.

My prediction stands and I feel there's a lot of evidence to back it up.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #10064
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Your trees are dying.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/1...trees-are-dead
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #10065
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

RIP Mitsu, your old days are forever Ghosn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXYZferayDk

Last edited by kashira kureijii; 11-21-2016 at 09:52 PM..
Old 11-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #10066
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I was at the LA car show today and I hate to say it but the Mustang looked alright :/

AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:19 PM   #10067
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
.. I hate to say it but the Mustang looked alright
I thought that one looked great when Jeremy was driving it in the opening of Grand Tour ... until the GT350 pulled along side it.
Gt350R>Saleen> and that blue one.

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #10068
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Not a bad looking car, except I just can't get over that grill. Makes it look like a whale shark
whale_shark2.jpg
Old 11-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #10069
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
ford should just keep copying Astons.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:13 AM   #10070
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Doom and Gloom

Cheers to the Apocalypse!

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #10071
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Wow shades of old Matej can you make anymore tangent oriented comments.?

Our trees are dying due to a long drought brought on by global warming caused by carbon emissions. Hmmm you actually made the point for why emission laws are needed and it has nothing to do with self driving car legislation. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #10072
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Wow shades of old Matej can you make anymore tangent oriented comments.?

Our trees are dying due to a long drought brought on by global warming caused by carbon emissions. Hmmm you actually made the point for why emission laws are needed and it has nothing to do with self driving car legislation. Lol
Believe it or not that is exactly the point of self driving cars. And let me make one thing clear that I probably didn't during my "doom and gloom" rant, I am all autonomous cars. I'm obviously not FOR the death of the manual but it's an unfortunate bystander.

One of the cool things about automy is that cars become wildly efficient ie less emissions. The part that kills our inefficiency now is the stopping and going. Cars are really efficient right now while going a steady speed. Once cars are talking to each other, to traffic signals and the world around them there will be an incredible technical ballet going that will keep the cars moving and moving at higher speeds.

Man, I'm honestly super excited for that future and that technology. What once was mind blowing is now within reach.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #10073
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Believe it or not that is exactly the point of self driving cars. And let me make one thing clear that I probably didn't during my "doom and gloom" rant, I am all autonomous cars. I'm obviously not FOR the death of the manual but it's an unfortunate bystander.

One of the cool things about automy is that cars become wildly efficient ie less emissions. The part that kills our inefficiency now is the stopping and going. Cars are really efficient right now while going a steady speed. Once cars are talking to each other, to traffic signals and the world around them there will be an incredible technical ballet going that will keep the cars moving and moving at higher speeds.

Man, I'm honestly super excited for that future and that technology. What once was mind blowing is now within reach.

Hmm interesting take Mel, I do see your point though I am not sure I am ready to welcome the concept or what I see as the outcome. Somehow taking to driving experience out the drivers hand is disconcerting. If we are talking high speed lines on tracks sure...but having something making all those decisions while not being on a controlled guideline well it just scares me.
Maybe I am in a minority here about it but it's just the way I feel and believe me I am no anti future tech guy by any means. I just feel some of it is possibly getting ahead of itself in terms of feasibly doing so in a safe controlled way.

Mind I know drivers are not completely safe either. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #10074
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

More spy shots of the new Supra complete with what look like MK4 style taillights!! Rumor has it it's debuting in January at the Detroit show. I hope so. I can't wait to see it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/28/2...#slide-4290700
Old 11-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #10075
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Wasn't the last "rumor" about it having a twin turbo v6? Now it's turbo 4 banger?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #10076
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Wasn't the last "rumor" about it having a twin turbo v6? Now it's turbo 4 banger?
Rumors rumors. We'll find out soon.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #10077
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

First time I've been interested in anything Toyota since 1998.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #10078
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Hopefully it has manual option haha, i give it a 5% probability

Old 11-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #10079
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Hopefully it has manual option haha, i give it a 5% probability

I give it 60/40 that it HAS manual. They are resurrecting an icon and from what we can tell they are even using design cues from the previous gen. So they are counting on the cars heritage. With that said, I won't be surprised if it isn't offered in a manual.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #10080
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I give it 60/40 that it HAS manual. They are resurrecting an icon and from what we can tell they are even using design cues from the previous gen. So they are counting on the cars heritage. With that said, I won't be surprised if it isn't offered in a manual.
non hybrid and manual just seems like 1 in a million given recent trends, I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if it was so. Especially cuz it is toyota we're talking about here.

they didn't even remake the nsx and gtr with manual, i dunno.

there still some manuals in the yota lineup, we'll see