Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:43 PM   #961
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
the founder of stancenation. it seems as if you either like the guy or you dont.

i find it funny that someone that founded stance nation wont share his wheel specs on his vehicle(s). almost as if no one else has ever done it and he's holding the key all to himself.
I've talked to him a few times off insta, even asked for specs and he was fine giving it to me about his type x. Been picking his brain about the car and send him recommendations for "resto" stuff. He seems like a rad dude and often does QAs
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2019, 05:55 PM   #962
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
I've talked to him a few times off insta and even asked for specs and he was fine giving it to me about his type x. Been picking his brain about the car and send him recommendations for "resto" stuff. He seems like a rad dude and often does QAs
What's so special about his car?
Old 04-14-2019, 06:17 PM   #963
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Nothing honestly but it was owned by a local by me before he sold it so I guess its interesting to see how its changed. Plus I normally follow other "cookie cutter" type x builds since thats what im into I guess. I always see type x guys supporting his car and besides harping on the fitment, the car is clean. Its getting metal widebody done which will either be heinous or well done like this guy. I honestly dont see the hate for him.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #964
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Those 19's? No thanks.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #965
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I've talked to him a few times off insta, even asked for specs and he was fine giving it to me about his type x. Been picking his brain about the car and send him recommendations for "resto" stuff. He seems like a rad dude and often does QAs
i dont know if he only gives specs to certain people, but people were asking about his dorisha/silvia specs and he wouldnt give them. maybe hes changed his tone, or is sick of people asking him (im sure hes been asked a million times). either way when ive come across his account in the past, he wasnt even trying to point people in the right direction.
Quote:
absolutely nothing, he just runs an online blog and 'started a movement'. his cars are just seen by more people then your average build page/thread.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #966
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
i dont know if he only gives specs to certain people, but people were asking about his dorisha/silvia specs and he wouldnt give them. maybe hes changed his tone, or is sick of people asking him (im sure hes been asked a million times). either way when ive come across his account in the past, he wasnt even trying to point people in the right direction.

Well, he's not obligated to give anyone anything. I can understand if you just bolted some wheels onto a relatively-stock 240, but sometimes after doing a ton of research, trial and error and work on your own to fulfill your own unique vision you might feel hesitant giving someone step-by-step instructions on replicating what you've built.

There is a lack of initiative, patience and pride in the car community and people expect to be spoon-fed information and how-to's.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #967
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Well, he's not obligated to give anyone anything. I can understand if you just bolted some wheels onto a relatively-stock 240, but sometimes after doing a ton of research, trial and error and work on your own to fulfill your own unique vision you might feel hesitant giving someone step-by-step instructions on replicating what you've built.
An open willingness to share is why engines like thr SBC, 4G63, LSX and 2JZ have become dominant. Dudes build and tune that shit, share what they did, more dudes copy that and share...

And boom, the resources become vast and it becomes a no brainer. Why build a Northstar or M113 when an LSX has endless support and help.

This is a stupid expensive hobby and nobody wants to waste THOUSANDS if not TENS of thousands of dollars only to have engines blow up or wheels fit like shit.

Quote:
There is a lack of initiative, patience and pride in the car community and people expect to be spoon-fed information and how-to's.
So what? Having Project Cars and having Fast/Cool Cars are two separate hobbies.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #968
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
. either way when ive come across his account in the past, he wasnt even trying to point people in the right direction.
To be far isnt he doing what literally everyone in this thread and most people do on forums/facebook groups do?

"UsE ThE SeARaCh" I've got a fair bit knowledge when people ask me personal question and depending how to ask Im free to give an answer. If its mind blowingly simple then I just act stupid like I dont know.

Either way I think he is a decent dude regardless of SN and brands his cars are dope. There is so many other people to be butthurt over if thats what this thread is about like the kid who has a Lambo at 19, did a roll cage exoskelton as a "rally" theme. Highly talked about his air intercooler mounted opposite flow of air only to blow smoke 2 days later from this next level turbo kit.

It seems like most people mainly kids in my generation always talk about doing unique things or saying "watch my build bro" then end up doing the most tasteless garbage to a car. I see it all the time in the 240sx group with guys and there first car. I bought mine at 18 and been DD driving it, done everything I think in a tasteful way with kouki aero, authentic parts, blitz wheels, reliability to DD etc meanwhile you have people fresh into the scene getting stock chassis just to throw nightshade on tails, add rep wheels with horrible specs, cut the car to shit, destroy the interior then drop the "build" only to rinse/repeat to the next owner. I know maybe two/three dudes who have decent cars at my age and actually drive there cars.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #969
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:

(pretty much echoing corbic here)
no shit. what im saying is you can do all sorts of research and certain info just isnt out there or readily available. if someone has that last piece of the puzzle, you are going to ask them for help (in a respectful manner).

some of these people generate money (or atleast traffic) through social media (usually referred to as an 'influencer'). personally, if you're going to go that route, you better be ready to answer the same question over and over again. if you dont want to deal with idiots on the internet, go get a real job. an alternative solution to this problem is put a section on said page for personal cars. anyone asks you for wheel specs, bam just send them to your site. you also generate more traffic on your site and get to help someone. its a win win. or you could continue to ignore people, not my brand or name on the line i dont care.

i do agree with your last paragraph, but that isnt everyone. there is a right and wrong way to approach a stranger and ask for help.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #970
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
To be far isnt he doing what literally everyone in this thread and most people do on forums/facebook groups do?

"UsE ThE SeARaCh" I've got a fair bit knowledge when people ask me personal question and depending how to ask Im free to give an answer. If its mind blowingly simple then I just act stupid like I dont know.
when i came across his page he just wasnt answering the wheel spec questions. if he did, he would just respond with something like '15"'. no shit, i can see that by zooming in on the sidewall of the tire.

as stated in my previous post. i understand people want to be spoon-fed. its the path of least resistance. although, you can generally tell who has done the proper research and who actually needs help based off of the type of question they are asking.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #971
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
An open willingness to share is why engines like thr SBC, 4G63, LSX and 2JZ have become dominant. Dudes build and tune that shit, share what they did, more dudes copy that and share...

And boom, the resources become vast and it becomes a no brainer. Why build a Northstar or M113 when an LSX has endless support and help.

This is a stupid expensive hobby and nobody wants to waste THOUSANDS if not TENS of thousands of dollars only to have engines blow up or wheels fit like shit.

So what? Having Project Cars and having Fast/Cool Cars are two separate hobbies.

I'm not against the sharing of information, but people shouldn't expect it. Especially when we're dealing with aesthetics.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #972
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

is anyone else sick of hearing about game of thrones? Please tell me im not the only grumpy who doesnt watch it.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #973
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I dont watch it.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #974
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
is anyone else sick of hearing about game of thrones? Please tell me im not the only grumpy who doesnt watch it.
i watched the first 4 episodes. couldn't get into it.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #975
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
One of the few statements you have made that I can agree with. Entirely over the show, glad it’s on its last season. Fucking nerds.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #976
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Saw a car with flares riveted to the rear door and I thought of you guys.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #977
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Front and rear wheels have to match, no matter the quality or price. There, it had to be said.
What if you collect pairs.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #978
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I like it, but im just gonna wait till its finished so I can binge watch it and really enjoy it. I really dont get the whole premiere hype on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
What if you collect pairs.
Hang them on the wall or use them as table bases till the other pair is purchased ?
Shit, idk man, Im not the wheel authority, that was just my personal grumpy opinion. Looks cheap and ghetto to me, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #979
spooled240
Post Whore!

Surely you guys have gf's/wives/significant others that you watch TV shows with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i watched the first 4 episodes. couldn't get into it.
I didn't either at first, but I pressed on. I also didn't like breaking bad at first but turned out to be a fun show to watch.
Quote:
I like it, but im just gonna wait till its finished so I can binge watch it and really enjoy it. I really dont get the whole premiere hype on anything.

Hang them on the wall or use them as table bases till the other pair is purchased ?
Shit, idk man, Im not the wheel authority, that was just my personal grumpy opinion. Looks cheap and ghetto to me, but whatever floats your boat.
Sunday night episodes offer a glimmer of happiness in an otherwise depressing Monday-eve

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #980
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Surely you guys have gf's/wives/significant others that you watch TV shows with?
I watch GOT with my mum but she makes me leave the room during the naughty bits.
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #981
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

I aint mad at you.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 AM   #982
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
what the shit is with the influx of noob threads today?
Old 04-16-2019, 03:02 AM   #983
Malik
Nissanaholic!

We ended up breaking the frequently asked section or 'Articles section' we could have filled that with useful articles on the common sense repairs and modifications.

too much typing with the small questions thread.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 AM   #984
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Never watched a full episode, I thought people got tired of this shit forever ago but apparently I was wrong.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #985
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
P.S. FUCK CRAIG for making it $5/post for cars fs by owner. I guess FB marketplace/offerup/etc. are gonna blow up. They should start charging the fucking apartment complexes that BLOW up the apt/housing for rent section with 400 ads for the same bullshit apartment complex
Old 04-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #986
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
P.S. FUCK CRAIG for making it $5/post for cars fs by owner. I guess FB marketplace/offerup/etc. are gonna blow up. They should start charging the fucking apartment complexes that BLOW up the apt/housing for rent section with 400 ads for the same bullshit apartment complex
I'm all for it, less spam means every listing you make gets more exposure. Craigslist has been going downhill a lot lately and I think this will help.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #987
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
what the shit is with the influx of noob threads today?
240sx owners club on facebook. Like these fucking morons don't realize google exists.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #988
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I also didn't like breaking bad at first but turned out to be a fun show to watch.Sunday night episodes offer a glimmer of happiness in an otherwise depressing Monday-eve

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Now wait just a second there, sir. BB's pilot is one of the best episodes ever made. The following episodes might be a bit slow, but if bb's pilot didnt get you hooked, no other episode could.
And monday eves are the best 'cause you get to go make money the nextday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
I watch GOT with my mum but she makes me leave the room during the naughty bits.
Incest scenes only or all? Love me some dragon titties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Never watched a full episode, I thought people got tired of this shit forever ago but apparently I was wrong.
I think you're mistaking got for twd. Isnt that shit into its 12 season or something like that? Did they ever manage to turn rick into maggies bitch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
240sx owners club on facebook. Like these fucking morons don't realize google exists.
Shut up and spoon feed them you nazi!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #989
SteffbuiltNOLA

SteffbuiltNOLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Nothing honestly but it was owned by a local by me before he sold it so I guess its interesting to see how its changed. Plus I normally follow other "cookie cutter" type x builds since thats what im into I guess. I always see type x guys supporting his car and besides harping on the fitment, the car is clean. Its getting metal widebody done which will either be heinous or well done like this guy. I honestly dont see the hate for him.

Any info on ho to build/buy fenders like this?
SteffbuiltNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #990
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Just stumbled on this, maybe this will help you...

https://tokyonur.com/2019/04/16/body...Hz542Cf4XYlyd8