Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #931
ichihachizero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
ichihachizero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Zomg
My zipper just popped from the massive boner that this car gave me.
ichihachizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #932
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
He's getting MB Battles in neon green, his wife told my girlfriend while they were getting their hair did the other day.
Woah spoiler alert! Thanks for ruining the surprise man!

Geez, my thread blew up last night lol. I didn't think I would cause so much controversy! Let's see if I can address some of this...

First of all, thanks to everyone that leaves compliments and feedback-negative or positive- in this thread. I really never thought that this car would gain so much internet attention, haha. I like hearing what people think about it and what is working and isn't- I end up doing what I want to do personally in the end, but the discussion is cool to have for sure.

We'll see where the final height ends up when the new wheels and tires are on and the car is ready to get back on the road. I was pretty happy with the previous height, but it would always be cool to push it just a tiny bit more. To be honest, it is probably about 10mm lower than it was before I installed the D-Max coilovers, so it really is not a big change. I do worry about my front lip a lot, but that was a major concern with my height last season as well. The changes in height that we are talking about here are very minimal, so I that basically the same degree of risk is involved either way with driving my car at this height.

I appreciate when people compliment the car and stuff, but I do have to argue the point of me being a trendsetter. I think that almost everything I have done to my car has been done before, really. I was very late to the 240 crowd/scene, and I have chosen my modifications based on a lot of research and what seems to work well for others. I never really want to be accused of just "following the trends" because I truly do build my car to my tastes, but I can understand when people think that I guess. Sometimes things are popular for a reason I guess.

Blahh, anyway... haha. Here is a better pic with the car on the ground. The days are getting longer, but it is still not very bright when I leave for work. If the weather is nice this weekend and there is not a lot of snow on the ground, I will sneak her out for some pics.

In other news, I really miss my interior, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:09 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #933
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ur attention to detail is your trend in itself and IS inspirational.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #934
pepe123
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
pepe123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha ^ thats what i was trying to say. ur setting the trend in execution of a job well done.
pepe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #935
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I like your car, Damon.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #936
joel.e.krueger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
joel.e.krueger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Ummm not true, ... he was blown away.

True. I'm sorry I should've been more specific. People bitch about roads no matter where they live. Or they'll get hate on their car and make up excuses as to why its not the way the internet wants it. But I agree there are lots good roads around and people need to not bitch about them.

/rant
Sorry for mucking up your thread. TE's would look great, but personally I would go for something with a little bit of dish. Just my .02
Old 01-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #937
ichihachizero
Zilvia Member

ichihachizero is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ agreed... about the dish portion
ichihachizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #938
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I like your avatar, Brian.
.……………………………
Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #939
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
lol, what
Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #940
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just love your car! Nicest 240 ever!!
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #941
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I've always been a fan of this car. Great job. Mine will be done here soon fulloem
Type x kit as well plus LIP!
Keep up the good wrk!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #942
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe123 View Post
haha ^ thats what i was trying to say. ur setting the trend in execution of a job well done.
The three muskateers - Toby, Damon, and Kyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Blahh, anyway... haha. Here is a better pic with the car on the ground. The days are getting longer, but it is still not very bright when I leave for work. If the weather is nice this weekend and there is not a lot of snow on the ground, I will sneak her out for some pics.
DONT DO IT!
just wait it out! Dont risk it, i love to every so often but the salt is still on the damn roads!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #943
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
lol, thanks guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
DONT DO IT!
just wait it out! Dont risk it, i love to every so often but the salt is still on the damn roads!
I just meant out as in driving it out into the driveway, no worries. However, we are supposed to get 2-5" tonight, so I doubt even that is going to happen lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #944
autoaesthetica

Trader Rating: (0)
autoaesthetica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autoaesthetica
Gorgeousness

Mike Fortunato
Auto Aesthetica - Supply and Finish Care
Meguiar's | Optimum | Finish Kare | CarPro | AutoGlos | Einszett | AutoMagic | Collinite and many more..

Tel : (716)860-6366
[email protected]
Supplies: www.autoaesthetica.com - Will be back running full speed shortly
Amherst and Buffalo NY auto detailing services

Facebook | Twitter
autoaesthetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #945
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I pulled the car out and let it run for a while on Saturday after I shoveled the driveway. It sounds like another big storm is on the way... hopefully my quick trip around the block will help me cope with the rest of winter, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #946
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Your car is looking great! And yes the East cost is going to be crapped on starting tomorrow evening
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #947
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this picture : http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/...22e4efae_z.jpg

is full of win.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #948
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
GAUGE CLUSTER!!!

Have you installed it yet? lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #949
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
GAUGE CLUSTER!!!

Have you installed it yet? lol
He sold it to me.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #950
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yep, I sold it, lol. I was too lazy to install it for a few months and then decided I could use the money elsewhere. Sounds like the harness worked out great, though! Looks awesome Corbic!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #951
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
i concur.

Yeah, i am not looking forward to the next 2-3 days of snow at all.
19-23" of snow is expected here.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #952
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yep, I sold it, lol. I was too lazy to install it for a few months and then decided I could use the money elsewhere. Sounds like the harness worked out great, though! Looks awesome Corbic!
Yes sir, fixed all my issues too! I had a bad Speedo in my original, swapped it and gained a bad tach!

Works flawlessly, pita to install.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #953
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
i concur.

Yeah, i am not looking forward to the next 2-3 days of snow at all.
19-23" of snow is expected here.
I checked eBay, still no Wooly-Mammoths, nothing on craiglist either. Going to work this week is going to suck.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #954
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I had the Zilvia Suggested height on my car for a bit.

culprit : manhole cover sticking up 5 inches higher than it should've. Hit my pan too.

And I don't know how the rest of Zilvia feels about ruining a 700 dollar front bumper on their daily to look cool. But that shit got raised ASAP after it was repaired and painted.
Quote:
Hey Nathan, nobody cares that you can go eat a bowl of dicks either. From one guy who likes to buy legit shit to another, I'm saying those front lips aren't cheap and when you break the mounting points on that urethane bumper, another 200+ dollar lip doesn't mount up as nice anymore.

But again i'm glad nobody else cares or that my post wasn't directed to you. If you have anything better to do than ride my dick let me know.
Quote:
I want to take a picture of some of the shit I drive through and over daily. I feel your pain whats even worse is when they fill the fucking holes a week later it's back and there is loose fresh gravel everywhere getting into all the nooks and crannies of your car.
With all due respect, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #955
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
With all due respect, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.
sig worthy post.

looks great now that it's a tad lower. The only thing that kills me about kouki's is the rear, i think a g-corp or g-grow rear bumper add on would compliment the kouki sideskirts well. Or perhaps sexy style rear
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #956
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damon,

Just read this entire thread today, I must say from the Chuki Aero and Rota's (?) all the way to the Type-X transformation with Emotion Kais is simply stunning. Then engine build, suspension set-up, brakes and the goofs and mistakes all the way through the build make this car well worth your time and money in my eyes.

The car now has an amazing engine bay, stance, attention to detail, nice coilovers and respectable power. Im speechless, I have not be capable of creating something quite like your car, even with being able to say that I have spent more time and more money in each individual project of mine :/ (Not trying to brag, please don't take it that way). Your car shits on my old Time Attack SW20 and even my current FD3S. To be honest, these pics in this thread give off an impression that makes this car "not another S13".

I can't wait to see this project continue, don't ever sell this car.

NASA/SCCA Racer and WNM Garage owner,
Mike
"WanganNastyMachine"
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #957
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
yeah dude, tomorrow is 12-20 inches... how fucking stupid

anyways, great update. I need to get my car back together and driving - im too fucking lazy and havent bought anything. I'm not even going to fix the wiring, fuck it.

Do you have the pop-up controller or what?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #958
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
Rota's (?)
Woah now... can't have the "R" word flying around in here!! They were Gram Lights 57 Maximum. Glad you like the build though, thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
Do you have the pop-up controller or what?
I have a Pivot one, but I have not installed it successfully yet. I tried to back on October before the Modified shoot, but I couldn't get it to work. I am not sure if the one I hve works or not honestly, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #959
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My bad dude, it just makes it that much better :P
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #960
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha no worries

So tonight I got home just before the "blizzard" hit with my new tires- Yokohama S Drives in 215/40/17 and 225/40/18. I guess they are discontinuing this rear size and I got a couple of the last ones in the country. Seems like a strange size to get rid of- bummer. :/

I also got my Cusco front strut brace from a member on the forum- brand new in the package! I was super excited about it since it is the thicker version and is actually the SR/180SX model, so it raises up on both sides instead of just one side. Stupid little details, but I was excited about finding one- let alone brand new!

I wish I had the wheels to put the tires on!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:16 AM..