Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #931
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyost View Post
Sweet do it, then we will both have S13's with boosted 2.5l, lol, Seriously though second weekend of June = Graduation Party, I will get you an official invite when they are made. Free food and drinks = Win.
Ohhh I was wondering what was going on. I forgot you're still in high school.
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #932
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Altered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Altered_Image
It's the same Silver S13 I posted pics of at the end of last year. I will be taking new pics Friday and posting them.
Altered_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #933
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
mtyost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mtyost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
Ohhh I was wondering what was going on. I forgot you're still in high school.

Haha, its ok if I grow my beard out a few days I don't even get carded when I buy alcohol.... in fact this past summer, I went into the kroger in trenton wearing a middletown high school shirt that said class of 09 and bought a bottle of So Co without any issue. So I guess I look older than 18 lol.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #934
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Altered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Nice... but now you don't need me to come up there over spring break.
Sure I do, come up and help me with the rear hubs on my drift missile - I put the KA back in it.

I may also have another swap to do on the silver one I just bought. I need to get a swap first, but could use help when I do!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #935
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered_Image View Post
Sure I do, come up and help me with the rear hubs on my drift missile - I put the KA back in it.

I may also have another swap to do on the silver one I just bought. I need to get a swap first, but could use help when I do!
Ok , I can definitely help out. I don't really have anything else to do over spring break, I automatically get off work when I don't have school, so my whole week is free besides Easter of course.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #936
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to brunswick240
AI got the stickers today! They look awesome, my bro put some on his s14. I'll have to take some pics.

Readin up on the chat goin on I'd be down to help someone out this summer, I need another 240 dude to talk with, im losin that 240 mojo lol
brunswick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 AM   #937
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Ok , I can definitely help out. I don't really have anything else to do over spring break, I automatically get off work when I don't have school, so my whole week is free besides Easter of course.
SWEET!!! I will let you know for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunswick240 View Post
AI got the stickers today! They look awesome, my bro put some on his s14. I'll have to take some pics.

Readin up on the chat goin on I'd be down to help someone out this summer, I need another 240 dude to talk with, im losin that 240 mojo lol
I would love to see pics! I decided that instead of sending a dumb sample, just to buckle down and do the stickers out right. Can't find any vector of the ST Monkey.

I would welcome any help you would like to add to the car. Definitely need to meet up and hang out sometime!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #938
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Alright I'll snap some pics after we wash the cars today.

I vote we tear the silver s13 apart, the whole thing. this weekend haha. I agree though, we need to get a 240 caravan going and terrorize the surround cities of cleveland haha
Old 03-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #939
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

New Girl in my Life!

Ok boys and girls, here she is! 1991 S13 SE, Silver, 128K miles, clean interior, 5 speed, ready for DD!!!

Let's do this thing! I got an Origin kit ready to throw on her (minus a rear valance) now I need springs, rims and tires, and a swappy pooh!

Hook me up bros!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #940
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Ok boys and girls, here she is! 1991 S13 SE, Silver, 128K miles, clean interior, 5 speed, ready for DD!!!

Let's do this thing! I got an Origin kit ready to throw on her (minus a rear valance) now I need springs, rims and tires, and a swappy pooh!

Hook me up bros!
I have a rust free fuel door, if you want it.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #941
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I have a rust free fuel door, if you want it.
I thought I had one too, not sure where it went... Thanks! Can you drop it in the mail to me? You still have my addy? Thanks Matt!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #942
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I thought I had one too, not sure where it went... Thanks! Can you drop it in the mail to me? You still have my addy? Thanks Matt!
Yes I can mail it. No I don't think I still have your address, PM me with it please. I can get it mailed out to you on Monday.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #943
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yes I can mail it. No I don't think I still have your address, PM me with it please. I can get it mailed out to you on Monday.

You have mail.

Also, you all know where a good hookup is for motor mounts? I took her out for an hour long cruise tonight. She runs super well, but is shaky, I checked the mounts and they have had it.

Thanks guys! I am LOVING THIS CAR! I know spent way too much on it, but I had to have it.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #944
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You have mail.

Also, you all know where a good hookup is for motor mounts? I took her out for an hour long cruise tonight. She runs super well, but is shaky, I checked the mounts and they have had it.

Thanks guys! I am LOVING THIS CAR! I know spent way too much on it, but I had to have it.

You can make some from hockey pucks, or fill the current ones with window stuff, or I know that Jeff is going to recommend some ones from JGY customs.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #945
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

I would just check around the the FS section for motor mounts... or on ka-t.org. Screw springs, get coils
Old 03-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #946
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hockey pucks ftw!!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #947
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You can make some from hockey pucks, or fill the current ones with window stuff, or I know that Jeff is going to recommend some ones from JGY customs.
By window stuff, do you mean like glass putty or silicon sealant??? Sounds like a great way to save some money! If I had hockey pucks, I would look into using those.

If I could afford it, I would do a swap. I'm thinking LSx first choice, CA18DET second choice, SR 3rd. What are your thoughts?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #948
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
By window stuff, do you mean like glass putty or silicon sealant??? Sounds like a great way to save some money! If I had hockey pucks, I would look into using those.

If I could afford it, I would do a swap. I'm thinking LSx first choice, CA18DET second choice, SR 3rd. What are your thoughts?
All I know is that the window stuff comes in a tube and you inject it into the mounts, and once it dries it becomes hard. Try and search around on here, I know that is how I heard about it. Hockey pucks aren't hard to come by and they are pretty cheap, you can get them at target, walmart, dicks sporting goods, etc.

On the swap I 1. LSx 2. SR 3. CA18DET. You should look into doing a 1JZ though, they are capable of 350whp or more on the stock twins, the motor set is around 2k, and it is just easy or even easier than an RB swap.

This is from an email that Robert at Zerolift sent me about what all would be necessary to swap a 1JZ into a S13:
1JZ into S13

Use our mount kit
We will fab up an intercooler kit for the car
Maybe massage the transmission tunnel a little bit
Radiator & fans
Make up some radiator hoses
But I do not think cutting the core support is necessary
Wiring Service
Fab up a downpipe

And the usual stuff, get catback, coilovers etc….

I had asked about whether cutting the core support was necessary because I had been told than when you do an RB you need to cut the core support to make everything fit. Make note I am only talking about the larger RB's, to me the RB20 is a joke.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #949
mtyost
Zilvia Member

I looked it up, it seems like the window stuff is called window weld from advance auto. http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/173773...ml#post2207862

See posts 93 and 94

And here is another thread entirely about it: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/107053...tml#post976002
Old 03-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #950
b-rett

b-rett is an unknown quantity at this point
haha! new to this forum, though i have been a member it seems for a long time (just forgot about it).

name is brett - living downtown now and the car is up at the rents in colerain. fell in love with the 300zx way back when and had one for some time. i was in the honda world for awhile before i decided i needed to get back to my roots - RWD is was.

nice to meet you all.

just finished a 1jz build a year ago or so and still work on some kinks, etc. see you all around,

brett
b-rett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #951
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Meh. I think I'd rather use Autozone lifetime warranty mounts than some hockey pucks or filled shit mounts.
I don't do shit cheap. I'll buy a set of mounts.

Avid Racing, Peak Performance, Nismo, and JGY Customs are all good mounts. I got the JGY customs because they were cheaper than the Nismo mounts and stiffer. I liked them.

Also, I've decided to not mod the S13. I'm gonna fix some stuff, MAYBE do some springs/shocks and daily it.

I'm reviving the S14. Buying some uncut wiring harnesses and starting over. She'll be repainted as well. I would love white, but to go from black to white is hard.
So perhaps purple? I do love the OEM S14 purple..

Also love the new Dodge Charger Plum Crazy...

Decisions, decisions...

But, I have to get the harnesses first so I can begin redoing that for the RB swap.

My buddy Jon (faStE-R, aka RB26DETT S14) told me a guy had a completely stock RB25DET swap with a FMIC and a 100 shot of nitrous and went 128MPH!!!

Holy shit.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #952
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Go with that purple on the charger - that is pure sex!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with legit mounts. I am all into saving a buck here and there, but do want to do things 100% on this baby girl. I freaking love this car! Just need to install the stereo tomorrow and get the mounts. I will check out those threads Matt to see what others say. I will look into the JGY ones as well.

By the way, whose friend is Steve Peil or whatever his last name is? He paypal'd me for the stickers I made for him, then retracted his payment. I am pissed!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #953
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

I also agree, do things right the first time. It'll be much better in the end.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #954
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Go with that purple on the charger - that is pure sex!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with legit mounts. I am all into saving a buck here and there, but do want to do things 100% on this baby girl. I freaking love this car! Just need to install the stereo tomorrow and get the mounts. I will check out those threads Matt to see what others say. I will look into the JGY ones as well.

By the way, whose friend is Steve Peil or whatever his last name is? He paypal'd me for the stickers I made for him, then retracted his payment. I am pissed!!!!
Holy shit. I'm talking to him right now.
I'll let him know man. Sorry about that.
If need be I'll take care of it for him. I know he won't be on here much.

Here's the link for the JGY mount set..

JGYCustoms.com - 240sx / Silvia Engine Bolt-Ons and Underhood Parts

About a quarter of the way down the page on the right hand side.

I believe I payed $184+ shipping so they've dropped in price.
Considering Nismo mounts are $200 for just the engine mounts... I'd say I saved a decent amount of money.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #955
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks man. Steve just got in touch with me. His bank screwed it all up and revoked the paypal payment. He is a cool kid, so I am not too worried about it now that I know the story. He should totally change banks!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #956
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Steve still owes me $20 lol.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #957
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Thanks man. Steve just got in touch with me. His bank screwed it all up and revoked the paypal payment. He is a cool kid, so I am not too worried about it now that I know the story. He should totally change banks!
Cool. Glad it was just a mistake by the bank.

That seems to happen all too often unfortunately..

Anyway. So the hunt begins for some uncut S14 harnesses so I can begin redoing the S14 in preparation for the RB25 swap.

Anyone know anyone parting out an S14 SE? I need the KA engine harnesses and the engine room harness (has headlights, turn signal plugs etc.)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #958
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Wasn't there a guy in the Premie section parting out one?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #959
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Haven't looked.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #960
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
i want a s14 now that i sold my car. hmm.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote