Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #9031
r33nota240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
r33nota240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my friend is running my r34 wheels and they are 18x9 +30 front with 215/35 and rear 18x9 +30 235/35 and it is flush on all 4 on a s13 coupe with 2 deg camber.
r33nota240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #9032
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
BURN haha

anyone know if this fits an s13 with or without modification? Im trying to mount a courbeau bottom mount bucket
Summit Racing SUM-G1153 - Summit RacingĀ® Universal Sliding Seat Brackets - Application - SummitRacing.com
Why wouldn't you just get Bride or Sparco or something? Other than the obvious price difference.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #9033
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
BURN haha

anyone know if this fits an s13 with or without modification? Im trying to mount a courbeau bottom mount bucket
Summit Racing SUM-G1153 - Summit RacingĀ® Universal Sliding Seat Brackets - Application - SummitRacing.com
Quote:
Used along with our fixed brackets, you can mount your seat wherever you want inside your vehicle.
They are just the sliders.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #9034
proxx

Trader Rating: (0)
proxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok, i have new plugs wires and i replaced a shot injector, it also has a new cat, i cant get past 1/3 throttle with my car bogging down and sputtering most the time. It is worse above 2800rpm, im thinking bad fuel pump what do you guys think?
proxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #9035
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
At 17 I don't expect you to know everything, but perhaps this generic Wiki Article can help you understand why I did make such a generalization. Hispanic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Someday, when you grow up, you can be cool like me. Until then if you're going to attempt at 'getting one up' on someone, make sure you do your homework first. Bottom line is, refering to any shop as 'Hispanic/Mexican/Redneck/etc etc etc' is ignorant.
haha thanks CA

i just let him figure it out on his own
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #9036
riptor
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
riptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Sounds to me like you got some wiring issues possibly too much resistance somewhere or even a bad ground, check all of your wiring.
i figured as much..but i have NO idea were to begin..like i said..ive checked all the wireing for the power system from the ecu to the ignitor, t to the coil pack, from the battery, from the alternator...im stuck.
riptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #9037
joshls2
Leaky Injector

joshls2 is a well-known jackass
I'm getting ready to install my Z32 moog inner and SPL outer tierods here soon and was wondering if theres a problem with the moog inners.

they seem to be siezed or something because they're not pivoting on that ball at all, they're just... stiff/fixed in place. I've seen the Tiien ones with the blue lube 'n all and apparently they pivot freely..

can someone tell me wasup??
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #9038
inRot8ion
Leaky Injector

inRot8ion is an unknown quantity at this point
Tips on how to remove the inside rear view mirror? Trying to install my wink.
I shoved a flathead in the gap near the windshield and tried to wiggle it up and down but nothing came lose.
inRot8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #9039
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls2 View Post
I'm getting ready to install my Z32 moog inner and SPL outer tierods here soon and was wondering if theres a problem with the moog inners.

they seem to be siezed or something because they're not pivoting on that ball at all, they're just... stiff/fixed in place. I've seen the Tiien ones with the blue lube 'n all and apparently they pivot freely..

can someone tell me wasup??
I have moog s14 inners and they didn't move either. They're just nice and stiff like that.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #9040
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inRot8ion View Post
Tips on how to remove the inside rear view mirror? Trying to install my wink.
I shoved a flathead in the gap near the windshield and tried to wiggle it up and down but nothing came lose.
Pop the plastic cover on the headliner off and there should be 3 screws or so. Then there's a clip holding it or something along those lines from what I've read. Don't lose the clip in case you wanna put the mirror back on later because I guess it wont go back on without the clip.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #9041
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Why wouldn't you just get Bride or Sparco or something? Other than the obvious price difference.
The price difference, I got the Corbeau for $50 when my friend got new seats in his miata, so I have a miata mounting bracket, quiet different from the s13 setup haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They are just the sliders.
LAME. Search will continue, for $200 I will buy a welder myself...
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #9042
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The price difference, I got the Corbeau for $50 when my friend got new seats in his miata, so I have a miata mounting bracket, quiet different from the s13 setup haha

a 200$ welder will be shitty

as well as, scrap the corbeau seat man, they dont sit low at all. driver position is usually wierd with bottom mounts
Old 12-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #9043
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
BURN haha
Didn't burn me, I extinguished that idiot pretty quickly. I thought I knew everything at 17 too, older guys kept me in check. He'll learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxx View Post
ok, i have new plugs wires and i replaced a shot injector, it also has a new cat, i cant get past 1/3 throttle with my car bogging down and sputtering most the time. It is worse above 2800rpm, im thinking bad fuel pump what do you guys think?
ECU Codes?
Timing?
Vacuum Leaks?
FSM procedure to check fault electronics?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #9044
inRot8ion
Leaky Injector

inRot8ion is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Pop the plastic cover on the headliner off and there should be 3 screws or so. Then there's a clip holding it or something along those lines from what I've read. Don't lose the clip in case you wanna put the mirror back on later because I guess it wont go back on without the clip.
Damn wish i checked back on here. Haha all i did was do a pull up on it and it came off. hahaha
inRot8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #9045
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
wrong thread.
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #9046
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Again, I said other than price difference. And honestly your best bet is to try to tell the Corbeau for as much as you can and get something that sits lower unless you're 4' tall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inRot8ion View Post
Damn wish i checked back on here. Haha all i did was do a pull up on it and it came off. hahaha

Quote:
Didn't burn me, I extinguished that idiot pretty quickly. I thought I knew everything at 17 too, older guys kept me in check. He'll learn.

Everyone learns sooner or later.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #9047
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Edit: gaaaahhh fack! i forgot about the identify this thread. oh well.
name of these wheels?
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #9048
proxx

proxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

ECU Codes?
Timing?
Vacuum Leaks?
FSM procedure to check fault electronics?
no codes, timing is good, and no vacuum leaks that i could find. i havnt done the fault electronics check yet ill try to do it before work today.
proxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #9049
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
a 200$ welder will be shitty

as well as, scrap the corbeau seat man, they dont sit low at all. driver position is usually weird with bottom mounts
can you recommend me a good welder that I can use for floor pans, exhaust pipes, things like seat brackets?

Quote:
Again, I said other than price difference. And honestly your best bet is to try to tell the Corbeau for as much as you can and get something that sits lower unless you're 4' tall.
5' 10" you think i'll be brushing the roof on bumps? even if I decide to drop the $94 on the corbeau s13 bracket the fit is still bad? I'm just going to go start a thread for this
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #9050
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
5' 10" you think i'll be brushing the roof on bumps? even if I decide to drop the $94 on the corbeau s13 bracket the fit is still bad? I'm just going to go start a thread for this
If you have a sunroof, it's going to be very close. If you ever wear a helmet it will certainly be in it.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #9051
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Hi,
anyone knows if a greddey warning boost gauge with no sensor can be wired to a profec boost controller's sensor?
thanks!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #9052
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
What can I do with the 5 transmissions in my storage that are no good. Can I get any $ for them anywhere?

I don't want to throw them away that's a lot of metal
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #9053
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Take them to a metal scrapper
Old 12-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #9054
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I'm trying to ID a disconnected plug in my engine bay. I have no access to an FSM (online or otherwise) at this time. It's an '89 coupe, originally automatic. There's a harness that runs past the ignition coil. It has three plugs on it. One goes to the AIV, one goes to the auto trans shift dampener thingy, but where does the third one go? I'm thinking it's for the IAT sensor that I ditched long ago, but I'm not certain. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxx View Post
MAF problem, perhaps?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.

Last edited by soreballz; 01-01-2012 at 10:51 PM..
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #9055
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonroz View Post
Hi,
anyone knows if a greddey warning boost gauge with no sensor can be wired to a profec boost controller's sensor?
thanks!
Nope. The Profecs wiring simply controls the stepper motor, it has no clue what the boost really is in regard to an output

Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #9056
xsephish
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
xsephish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Curious about what kind of numbers i can expect tomorrow on the dyno from my new set up. I wanted a fun street car as its my DD here are my mods

built s13 sr20det
cp pistons stock compression/bore
manley rods
BC valve springs/retainers
stock cams for now
gt2860rs .86
greddy intake manifold
stock exhaust manifold
z32 maf
apexi power fc
740cc injectors

i searched didnt find much on dyno sheets from the disco potato
xsephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #9057
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
small question.
ok i got an oem cat. i took it off. now i have it back on but with a catback exhaust and it would only hookup one way. but to me the cat looks like its been reverse (not upsidedown)
is it ok? i notice the EX on one end and forsure thats the exit. i hooked it up that way and the exhaust wont fit or hookup. so question is. is it ok if the cat is reverse? will it fuck up the flow.
any input.
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #9058
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I can't find it anywhere....Is the s13 power steering reservoir steel or aluminum? Need to order some weld on fittings.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #9059
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
can you recommend me a good welder that I can use for floor pans, exhaust pipes, things like seat brackets?

i HATE, HATE, HATE my corbeau seat and bracket combo and i'm 5' 8" (yes pretty short) I have it installed in my 89 coupe with Sunroof (deleted) and my helmet is less than an 1" from the roof. GET RID OF THE SEAT if you plan on driving the car and not Hard Parking it
EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #9060
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
so i just bled my slave cylinder, 1st try it wouldnt go into any gears, then finally it disengaged, but when i step on the clutch pedal and put it in 1st then i feel something grinding, sometimes when i have the car running for a while it doesnt disengage. did i not bleed it right or is it something with my clutch and flywheel?
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote