Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 AM   #871
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Some super cool photos from last weekend.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #872
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the sweet Topdrift Rd. 4 coverage from AMDrift

TopDrift Round 4
Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #873
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Getting the rear bumper fixed up after hitting the wall slightly at Rd 4. Love my Car N Bike Moto frequent flyers card haha.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #874
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
its pretty impressive how good you keep this purpose-built drift car looking. props, man.
you keep doing it. kudos.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #875
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
you keep doing it. kudos.
Thanks dude! I got to stop hitting stuff though.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #876
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I'm VERY proud of this. I've spent 40+ hours on redoing every bit of my already stripped down harness. All new GM weatherproof connectors, completely new relay box with expanded capacity, added 2 circuits for more fans, completely reloomed and so much more.

Originally I put the wiring together but had to make adjustments at the track and it ended up getting a bit hacked up for my liking so I redid everything basically. All the connections should be strong now so I shouldn't have any wiring reliability problems for next year. Also I can from memory figure out exactly what each wire does and where it goes. Still have more to do on it but it's 90% there.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #877
Joemidlothian

Trader Rating: (0)
Joemidlothian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beautiful. Just beautiful
Joemidlothian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #878
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6okMa16fY

1:47 all over that wall
Old 10-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #879
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Redid my entire cooling system. New Koyo Radiator, dual 14" spal fans for the radiator with a custom shroud, moved the oil cooler away from the front of the radiator and gave it a fan of its own, new hoses, radiator cap and more.

Drove it for the first time on Wednesday and it ran awesome!

Also picked up some new origin 40mm front overfenders. Got to get these painted before all star bash!

Old 10-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #880
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How do the new fenders look with the old rear overs. Been contemplating the same setup but unsure how it will turn out.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #881
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy View Post
How do the new fenders look with the old rear overs. Been contemplating the same setup but unsure how it will turn out.
They aren't visually wider. They do give clearance that allows me to run about 1.5° less camber which should make the car a bit more stable (I was at about 6°). Also the vents look dope lol.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #882
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
you may have answered this already-

how do you like having dzus fastners for all your body panels? I've thought about cutting the lower half off my front fender just below a twin dzus mount. Which is really only 6-7 inches or so but it frees up the bumper being caught up on it.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #883
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punished View Post
you may have answered this already-

how do you like having dzus fastners for all your body panels? I've thought about cutting the lower half off my front fender just below a twin dzus mount. Which is really only 6-7 inches or so but it frees up the bumper being caught up on it.
I'm a big fan. I think it looks awesome and it makes taking the panels off pretty quick and they hold a lot better than zip ties. One thing I recommend is getting the Moroso tool for the fittings. I was using a flat head and it slips and scratches the paint all the time. Also it looks like a weird penis which is always fun.

I cut my fenders off below the bumper just for that reason. S14 style haha.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #884
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lol ^

Dude I think all the new cooling Mods are prime. Should keep your car on the track longer by keeping those temps under control! What size lines are those on the OIl cooler? THey look Big......I'm a fan! Bigger=more space to fill=higher oil capacity=better cooling =-)
The new Radiator set up looks awesome. I unfortunately Cracked the front plate of my engine at the Pre ASB event. Hustling to get it all back together Before ASB. Keep it up! and either way I'll be out there...but I'm doing everything I can to get there with the car
Old 10-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #885
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
Lol ^

Dude I think all the new cooling Mods are prime. Should keep your car on the track longer by keeping those temps under control! What size lines are those on the OIl cooler? THey look Big......I'm a fan! Bigger=more space to fill=higher oil capacity=better cooling =-)
The new Radiator set up looks awesome. I unfortunately Cracked the front plate of my engine at the Pre ASB event. Hustling to get it all back together Before ASB. Keep it up! and either way I'll be out there...but I'm doing everything I can to get there with the car
Thanks dude! They are 10an oil lines. Everything so far is working well. I've got some realignment, bolt checks and fluid changes before ASB but the car should be ready to party.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #886
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I'm a big fan. I think it looks awesome and it makes taking the panels off pretty quick and they hold a lot better than zip ties. One thing I recommend is getting the Moroso tool for the fittings. I was using a flat head and it slips and scratches the paint all the time. Also it looks like a weird penis which is always fun.

http://pitstopusa.com/images/F14588944.jpg

I cut my fenders off below the bumper just for that reason. S14 style haha.
Cheers!

sounds like I'll go through with my original plan of running it.

I've been trying to figure out how to tube the rear end in the same way you did yours with my coupe. I never would have thought abou thaving the bars support the taillights and what not like that. I know the failcrew s13 is just one big rear unibody paneling but in a 2 car garage at home I can't store a second one of that.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #887
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Thanks dude! They are 10an oil lines. Everything so far is working well. I've got some realignment, bolt checks and fluid changes before ASB but the car should be ready to party.
Good to Hear!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #888
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Picking these baddddd muthafuckaz up today! Final ASB prep. Stupid V8 is to reliable, I need more projects.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #889
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Stupid V8 is to reliable, I need more projects.
Ohh you just fucked yourself by saying that. lol
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #890
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Lol maybe. One can only hope!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #891
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
I hate when you're right.... thought the V8 is still reliable.

Less than 24 hours until I'm supposed to leave and the radiator in my truck decided to start leaking. It's going to be a mad dash tomorrow to try and find a replacement.

Also I picked up another project.

Should be fun! Got a really good deal and it needs tons of little things which is my favorite.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #892
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Wheelies in no time
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #893
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Hahaha.... Couldve been worse. Ive learned over the years at the track to never say things like that... Because something ALWAYS happens. haha
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #894
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hahaha.... Couldve been worse. Ive learned over the years at the track to never say things like that... Because something ALWAYS happens. haha
Ya it wasn't that bad. All fixed and ready to roll. I never worry because you make your own luck.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #895
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

We came
We saw
We conquered

All Star Bash 2014 was a success! This year has been beyond amazing.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #896
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
any pictures with the new 40mm fenders on the car?
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #897
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

She looks pretty sweet. I already fucked one up though. Back to the body shop soon ughhhh
Old 10-22-2014, 12:56 AM   #898
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
thanks for the pics was just deciding on how it would flow on the car with the 50mm rear but it looks good due to the fact it still stays intact with the body lines
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #899
Scott@FontanaNissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Scott@FontanaNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scott@FontanaNissan
you had one of my favorite cars at ASB this year, good stuff man keep it up!

-Juan
Scott@FontanaNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #900
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@FontanaNissan View Post
you had one of my favorite cars at ASB this year, good stuff man keep it up!

-Juan
Hey thanks! Got to keep pushing! 2015 is going to be awesome!