Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Voting Donald Trump for president?
Trump will get my support. 144 38.92%
Trump will not get my support. 226 61.08%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #871
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Let me rephrase, that attitude is PART of the reason so many people in middle America (including myself, so please do not tell me I’m incorrect) voted for Trump, helping him win the election.

PART.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #872
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Sky is...........blue??

I'm not very good at this game
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #873
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flartius View Post
So what you're saying is only the urban population matters, and to be apart of a party that claims to be inclusive to all if someone doesn't align with your view they are 'backwards'?
Here's the difference between the biases I (a liberal) have and the biases many conservatives have.

I dislike republicans for their choices that are bad for the country & are often targeted against people as a result of the way they were born or other things they cannot control.

Republicans dislike people because of their sexuality, race, etc. They vote for measures that would hurt people with illnesses, things that people often cannot control.

Being disliked for being a shithead is not the same as being disliked for being of a different race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Let me rephrase, that attitude is PART of the reason so many people in middle America (including myself, so please do not tell me I’m incorrect) voted for Trump, helping him win the election.

PART.
Hell yeah. Screw the country to "Own the libs."
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #874
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
So what you're saying is only the urban population matters, and to be apart of a party that claims to be inclusive to all if someone doesn't align with your view they are 'backwards'?
No

What is he is saying is, the count of vote matters, NOT the representation of the count.

A football game with a score of 42(home) - 10 (away), who won that game?? It sure as hell isn't the team with 10 points vs a team with 42 points at the final whistle.

How is the will of the people is represented by only 10% of the vote?? The majority voted against trump. Simple mathematics really.

Now do I agree or disagree with the electoral college is a different story. However, turnout for HRC was also to blame (which a majority stemmed from cyber attacks by the Russians and the right based off nothing but lies. This is already proven by the Cambridge Analytica story. See pizza gate for a perfect example where innocent folks almost died).
Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #875
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
So Dowd quits because of Trump's erection for a sit-down with Mueller knowing his relationship with telling the truth.
No lawyer in or near DC wants to TOUCH this shit. Now, in need of a fall guy, Cohen gets to feel the fire in this news cycle.
[link]
Money well spent by the most corrupt admin since Nixon
But hey, Hillary's emails, no?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #876
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I lost all faith in the FBI and DOJ when Comey came out and said "She broke 12 federal laws, but because she didn't mean to do anything wrong. No charges" and that was that. I don't care if you're republican or democrat, no one is above the law and she should have been prosecuted.

But just goes to show you how corrupt Washington is, so much cronyism it's not funny. You can get anything passed off as long as you know the judge or have dirt on him. Or in the case of our congressmen, you can just flat out buy them through a lobby program.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #877
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
I lost all faith in the FBI and DOJ when Comey came out and said "She broke 12 federal laws, but because she didn't mean to do anything wrong. No charges" and that was that. I don't care if you're republican or democrat, no one is above the law and she should have been prosecuted.

But just goes to show you how corrupt Washington is, so much cronyism it's not funny. You can get anything passed off as long as you know the judge or have dirt on him. Or in the case of our congressmen, you can just flat out buy them through a lobby program.
Yeah, Trump drained that swamp right?

*hires racist dude from alabama to run the DOJ*
*hires oil guy with no political experience to be chief diplomat*
*hires guy who doesn't believe in global warming to be head of environmental protection*

Also, you realize Comey is a lifelong Republican right? That he was a huge cause in Hillary not winning, right?

Trump is the cheapest national politician in the US to buy off. Spend $50,000 at his shitty hotel & he is yours.

Shoot, you could even get paid to appear on Fox News & he's yours.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #878
flartius
Leaky Injector

flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Yeah, Trump drained that swamp right?

*hires racist dude from alabama to run the DOJ*
*hires oil guy with no political experience to be chief diplomat*
*hires guy who doesn't believe in global warming to be head of environmental protection*

Also, you realize Comey is a lifelong Republican right? That he was a huge cause in Hillary not winning, right?

Trump is the cheapest national politician in the US to buy off. Spend $50,000 at his shitty hotel & he is yours.

Shoot, you could even get paid to appear on Fox News & he's yours.
First and foremost, I'm quite happy Hillary lost. IMO she was the most un-electable candidate in recent history (yes worse than Trump), she hijacked the democratic party and viewed herself as above all and it was 'her time'. But the last 3 election cycles has been hold your nose and vote for the lesser of evils anyway.

Secondly I don't think Trump has done a single thing to "drain the swamp" I was optimistic that he would being a political outsider but he is just as bad as all the ones before him.

Finally, just because you're a republican doesn't mean you're untouchable. Comey protected her, the whole investigation stinks of bribery. Hell the whole FBI protected her, and still continues to undermine Trump's presidency (granted he does a good job of undermining his own presidency). But it's hard to take them seriously as a non partisan unit when you have members getting caught playing party politics.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #879
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Please tell me how the FBI is undermining Trump.

If you say they're undermining him by investigating his crimes....that's what the FBI exists for.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #880
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
^^^ This

There is no government agency, position or department that exists to protect the president when the president is or might be doing dirt. Their only "loyalty" is to the constitution and doing the job of investigating anyone doing wrong - even if that person is the president - isn't "undermining" and surely isn't treating them "unfairly."
And let us not forget, despite the rumblings of a couple of employees, that the FBI was all for Trump leading into the election.
[link]
I am interested in seeing how all of this continues to play out. It is a scary and fucking morbid idea to entertain overall, but interesting nonetheless.

And I write too!
Old 04-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #881
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And speaking of NOT draining the swamp, let's talk about Scooter Libby
[link]

And I write too!
Old 04-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #882
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Got my first negative rep since 08 from this thread. I’m assuming it’s one of you cowards given the comment. A shame you didn’t have the balls to leave your name. I’d love to return the favor.

I wonder how the rest of you would react getting a text of my smiling in front of Trump Tower like Phlip got last night. Lol.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #883
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

"Hey friend, check this out, I'm both ignorant of all things AND feel a need to be strongly opinionated!"

And it wasn't me, I'm happy to call you out in the thread for all to see, as seen any number of time. A big man you are though, complaining about rep on a car forum as you near middle age.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #884
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
"Hey friend, check this out, I'm both ignorant of all things AND feel a need to be strongly opinionated!"

And it wasn't me, I'm happy to call you out in the thread for all to see, as seen any number of time. A big man you are though, complaining about rep on a car forum as you near middle age.
It’s just funny the left claims to be so tolerant and compassionate.

Not sure why you are so angry with me honestly and making shit so personal. Lighten the fuck up.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:25 PM   #885
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Why did I get personal?

I responded to your dumbass question:

"I wonder how the rest of you would react getting a text of my smiling in front of Trump Tower like Phlip got last night. "

I'm tolerant and compassionate. I treat everyone well until they prove they're not worthy of that, you're in that club.

Being tolerant & compassionate does not equate to being walked upon.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:03 AM   #886
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Why did I get personal?
I assume you mean how?

Why would be, because I have a different view of the world than you and you can’t accept that like an adult.

HOW, would be things like calling me ignorant and pointing out my age in relation to this forum.l in a negative way.

You actually perfectly illustrated the point I was trying to make. You’d act out of anger if I sent that to you. Phlip text me back with a humorous response. See, we’re adults and realize not everyone is going to share your views on everything in life, be it politics, parenting, career choices. That doesn’t mean you can’t be friends or acquaintances.

Fun fact. I’m an artist. I make art for a living and by nature of the career I work with proooooobabably 99.99999999% very liberal and progressive people of all ages. I work with these people alllll day and they work with me. We go out drinking together. Go to dinner. We’re cool and I have no problem with them. I even know a girl who goes out and makes fake propaganda videos to support her cause. Shady af but hey, that’s her choice.

My point is, you don’t have to have so much hate and anger towards people that have a different view of things.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 AM   #887
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:

My point is, you don’t have to have so much hate and anger towards people that have a different view of things.
Ooh, tough one. That's like, most people in any political subject convo and I doubt it will change.

Just be like wisconsin folks you two are, be friendly, drink a few. :hugs:
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #888
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Ooh, tough one. That's like, most people in any political subject convo and I doubt it will change.

Just be like wisconsin folks you two are, be friendly, drink a few. :hugs:
That’s part of the problem. The media’s job is to divide and they do a hell of a job.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #889
flartius
Leaky Injector

Quote:
That’s part of the problem. The media’s job is to divide and they do a hell of a job.

It’s not their job, but it’s what they have become. Fox is a political extension of the right, CNN, MSNBC an extension of the left. And I agree they are all doing a magnificent job of stirring up our emotions about hot button issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #890
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I assume you mean how?

Why would be, because I have a different view of the world than you and you can’t accept that like an adult.

HOW, would be things like calling me ignorant and pointing out my age in relation to this forum.l in a negative way.

You actually perfectly illustrated the point I was trying to make. You’d act out of anger if I sent that to you. Phlip text me back with a humorous response. See, we’re adults and realize not everyone is going to share your views on everything in life, be it politics, parenting, career choices. That doesn’t mean you can’t be friends or acquaintances.

Fun fact. I’m an artist. I make art for a living and by nature of the career I work with proooooobabably 99.99999999% very liberal and progressive people of all ages. I work with these people alllll day and they work with me. We go out drinking together. Go to dinner. We’re cool and I have no problem with them. I even know a girl who goes out and makes fake propaganda videos to support her cause. Shady af but hey, that’s her choice.

Shocking twist, I work in manufacturing, where I work with 99.9999999999999% very conservative people.

You're lucky those arty folks are willing to deal with your closed mind.

I don't have hate & anger towards anything. I think you lack critical thinking capabilities & have bad thoughts on the world at large, I don't hate or feel anything towards you.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #891
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I’m totally open minded. I just don’t agree with you in everything. You’re talking about two different things. It’s ok.

And saying “you’re lucking those people are willing to work with you” literally shows how “closed minded” and childish you are.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #892
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I’m totally open minded. I just don’t agree with you in everything. You’re talking about two different things. It’s ok.

And saying “you’re lucking those people are willing to work with you” literally shows how “closed minded” and childish you are.
That's not what I said.

I'm talking about dealing with you outside of work.

I deal with people like you at work every single day, folks who hate gay ppl, minorities, etc., because...they can? I deal with them, I'm polite/friendly/charming/etc.

But I wouldn't spend a moment with them that I'm not getting paid for.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #893
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
That's not what I said.

I'm talking about dealing with you outside of work.

I deal with people like you at work every single day, folks who hate gay ppl, minorities, etc., because...they can? I deal with them, I'm polite/friendly/charming/etc.

But I wouldn't spend a moment with them that I'm not getting paid for.
You haven been paying attention. I’ve literally said in this thread I’m very libertarian socially, meaning I’m for gay marriage, pro abortion, I probably have more minority friends than white friends. The men who stood up in my wedding where black (my best man), Indian, Mexican/Korean. The only two white guys were my brother in laws. Back when I was a b boy I was “the” white dude amongst all my black and Hispanic friends.

I also said I’m for more gun control, just not taking them away from lawful citizens.

Look, I’m not going to keep saying the same shit over and over if you don’t have the capacity to pay attention.

Most of the shit your arguing and criticizing me about are things I’m mostly playing devils advocate with and have not offered a hard stance on anything. You’re just choosing to read my comments in black and white. Which seems to be how you see things.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:59 PM   #894
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

The fallacy of the 'minority friend.'

Love it.

An update from God King Trump.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...33017256660995

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04808646971392

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02053345751040

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...96023555608576

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...92862958698497

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89930343321600

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...87209510948864

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...83513704124416

I know in this country's culture that many men find themselves above mental health care or think it makes them weak in some way, but this man needs some help.

Crap. Zilvia is the one site that doesn't embed tweets.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:36 PM   #895
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
The fallacy of the 'minority friend.'

I know in this country's culture that many men find themselves above mental health care
get some help, man.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:44 AM   #896
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
get some help, man.
No kidding. Unhinged.

I thought there was a way to block a user from your view. Can not remember how to do it.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:35 AM   #897
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
exitspeed & gbaby2089 - You guys should just meetup somewhere in WI and hash it out over some craft beers and the finest cheeses Wisconsin has to offer.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #898
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
exitspeed & gbaby2089 - You guys should just meetup somewhere in WI and hash it out over some craft beers and the finest cheeses Wisconsin has to offer.
I’d totally do that (with my closed mind and all). I have a feeling he’d be less interested.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #899
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
That sounds like the least pleasant experience.

Also shout out to the open minded conservatives. Keep it classy guys.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 PM   #900
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Got my first negative rep since 08 from this thread. I’m assuming it’s one of you cowards given the comment. A shame you didn’t have the balls to leave your name. I’d love to return the favor.

I wonder how the rest of you would react getting a text of my smiling in front of Trump Tower like Phlip got last night. Lol.
To be entirely honest, this is how the trump administration works. Divisiveness, racist, bigotry, collusion, lies, deceits, the whole lot. Folks who voted for trump didn't just vote for "someone to shake up Washington". They voted for someone who spews hatred, divides our country, has outwardly racist comments, incompetent in his position and everything else that constitutes evil.

I will say it wasn't me (and I have stayed away from this thread for a few days in all honesty). The irony is strong on this one as we had this very discussion about neg repping not but one page back. However, this is the type of culture trump breathes..........color me not surprised......

P.S Irony x 2. I am pretty sure, 1 page back you were also yelling at people for leveraging assumptions your direction. Well, now you are lodging "one of us cowards" assumption our direction without having any inclination or facts to support it with a blanket statement of "one of us cowards"......

I do not agree with someone giving you a neg rep. On the other hand, If anyone voted trump, this is what they voted into office....petty attacks of this nature. And as it turns out gbaby also gets a neg rep.........This is trump nation. Go ahead an embrace it........

P.S I also agree, you and gbaby should meet up for a drink. It was very refreshing removing myself from this thread for a few days

Quote:
I’m assuming it’s one of you cowards given the comment