Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #61
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Prime example of why sign up dates means nothing.
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #62
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
S12drifter is just mad he's stuck on the inferior Z31 chassis with and RB20 swap
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
S12drifter is just mad he's stuck on the inferior Z31 chassis with and RB20 swap
nah im not mad. i just think he's being a little silly about his choice of engine but the SR is garbage compared to a VG30DETT/DET

inferior? in what way exactly? in suspesion? nah that stuff is swap=able with the Z32 rear multi link, on the front? nah learn how it works before you open your month. in engine choice? nah not really i could upgrade to a RB30 if i really wanted to (and I am). however i went RB20 for awhile to prove a point, yes to fucking prove a point because i have money to blow, i could careless yes to prove a point.

am i mad? nah not really but i think everyone else in this thread is seeing as everyone has a SR rammed up their ass like it's god's gift to nissan.... NOT!

the FJ20 is much better then ANY SR THAT sir, is a fact.

currently i have a vg30et that makes more torque then ANY SR ever could i love that motor but it's very limited and it is majorly flawd, rocker arms, and oil gallery's are kinda... messed up, they have un-even bearing wear, oil pumps are restrictive, the block has a big problem with oil delivery at high rpms, and the vg needs to spin to be a good track engine, and thats something the ET cannot do, anything more then 7k = spun rod bearing.

this is why ISMA ran a dry sump and after they completely re-designed the 1,000hp VG30et into a VG25 aluminum block with much more block strength, they cast iron units were BARELY getting through races.
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #64
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[QUOTE=S12 Drifter;5265134]A STOCK z31 weighs 3,051 pounds a Z32! weighs in around 3,300 pounds and if you add a person to that (you need a driver) it comes out to 3,500ish

VG30DETT is a pig you need to use your head to do things over complicated but for a good reason. you dont need to build a drag car to drift or track or do whatever the fuck you want, it's about being smart and using your head.

different??? yes sure unique? in a bad way? HELL NOOOOO!
You truely are a dumb fuck. I've owned a 2 seater and 2+2's I know the weights and after removing unnecessary crap theyre not 3500lbs+ driver, specially taking out the overweight vg30de let alone TT. I did a vg30dett swap I will never do it again if I ever do another z32 itll be rb25 or s14 sr20.
Fyi I know you dont need a million horse to drift a 90whp miata can slide 2nd/3rd if you know how to drive.
Someone with 200ZR in their sig should know sometimes its not all about displacement theres a reason they made that model z31 dippy.
Im done cluttering up this awesome thread with talking to a brainless nerd.
All it takes is one dipshit with a stick up his ass to ruin someones buildthread. Its people like you the car community needs less of And Your one track mind. You should go buy a 6.2 lsx that makes more torque than your pissant vg30e if your that worried
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #65
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
[QUOTE=Bmxer300zx;5265253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S12 Drifter View Post
A STOCK z31 weighs 3,051 pounds a Z32! weighs in around 3,300 pounds and if you add a person to that (you need a driver) it comes out to 3,500ish

VG30DETT is a pig you need to use your head to do things over complicated but for a good reason. you dont need to build a drag car to drift or track or do whatever the fuck you want, it's about being smart and using your head.

different??? yes sure unique? in a bad way? HELL NOOOOO!
You truely are a dumb fuck. I've owned a 2 seater and 2+2's I know the weights and after removing unnecessary crap theyre not 3500lbs+ driver, specially taking out the overweight vg30de let alone TT. I did a vg30dett swap I will never do it again if I ever do another z32 itll be rb25 or s14 sr20.
Fyi I know you dont need a million horse to drift a 90whp miata can slide 2nd/3rd if you know how to drive.
Someone with 200ZR in their sig should know sometimes its not all about displacement theres a reason they made that model z31 dippy.
Im done cluttering up this awesome thread with talking to a brainless nerd.
i dont want to reply to this thread people keep bringing my name back up after i stop replying haha

last i checked this is not a site for drifting it was uniting both z and silvia owners together.

just because someone has a S chassis does NOT mean it's a drifter, i want to get a S13 and stuff a FJ20DET in there and turn it into a mean cornering monster.

look im done with this thread didnt mean to turn it into a shit fest but if a mod could seperate this like a SR VS z32 convo it might be better i dunno
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #66
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
subscribed. loving it so far. i've always wondered what it would take to swap an Sr20 in a z32, and if you finish it i'll know!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #67
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey s12 drifer, how boring/useless is your life that you find the time to sit on a forum all day to tell people how stupid their cars are and how you build cars to prove points because you can?
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #68
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
Hey s12 drifer, how boring/useless is your life that you find the time to sit on a forum all day to tell people how stupid their cars are and how you build cars to prove points because you can?
I think he's autistic or something.

What ever happend with the Blitz intercooler?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #69
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
All SR everythang!!!!!!!!! Looks good!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #70
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Very nice, looks right at home. Whats the power goal for the SR? I would think 400-500hp would be adequate.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #71
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
I've reported him to a mod already, jesus christ this guy is like the new Rick King.

Also, you don't think you should space that fan off of the radiator a bit and have it mount to the shroud instead of pulling out air from the center of the rad and having the rest of the air trapped in the shroud with nothing pulling it? Just my suggestion. I'm switching back to clutch fan, electric fan ended up being a huge pain in my fucking ass.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
13esim
Leaky Injector

13esim is an unknown quantity at this point
This Sr20 is definatley going to be a luxury to keep up on maintenance. No more removing a balance tube just to change a spark plug.

Im honestly considering this swap in my Z32 tbh. (or 2JZ ) Let us know how much it will end up costing franklin.
13esim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #73
TMY_DUB

TMY_DUB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggysnitz View Post
I've seen Ruslan's car in person, and its by far my favorite z32.

An SR in a Z32 is, IMO, an awesome idea!
TMY_DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #74
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How the hell can you say a VG30 is superior to a SR20?

Parts are cheaper and way more available for the SR, he has 50% more engine bay room now, and now maintenence is far easier and.possibly cheaper. The VG30 is not a motor I would consider ever swapping to.

If my my motor blew there's only 3 engines that come to mind:2J,RB, and LS. I never considered a SR,but this guy has a friend who can Fab everything needed in his garage for him that cuts his cost in half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #75
Idahos13
Leaky Injector

Idahos13 is an unknown quantity at this point
S12 Drifter gtfo you are an uneducated dumbass! Quit hating on this guys build. People these days... It's not your car get the fuck over it. Did you have to pay the money for parts and the swap? No! It is his car, he will do what ever he wants.

Clearly this build kicks ass! To the OP, keep up the great work! The z32 looks rad!
Idahos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #76
Badboyz31

Badboyz31 is an unknown quantity at this point
I a huge vg30 person, and a Z fanatic and I think this is a great idea for all reasons. Hell I have been contemplating swapping a sr20 into z31 for some time for for the ease of everything and the cheapness of parts, plus is lighter than all the engines that have came in any Z chassis. Fuck the haters keep doing what your doing man this is an awesome build!!
Badboyz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #77
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Nice this is the 2nd Z32 SR I have seen. The 1st one had a VVL head and was built. I think he was making 700+ @ 26 psi with it with a GT42 turbo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6MBqlTMI0

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #78
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
I think he's autistic or something.

What ever happend with the Blitz intercooler?
It's the same intercooler. We flipped one of the end tanks to make it sit how it is and the stencil was upside down. So we turned it around and I need to re-stencil it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post

Also, you don't think you should space that fan off of the radiator a bit and have it mount to the shroud instead of pulling out air from the center of the rad and having the rest of the air trapped in the shroud with nothing pulling it? Just my suggestion. I'm switching back to clutch fan, electric fan ended up being a huge pain in my fucking ass.
I do want to make a shroud for it. I originally wanted to run a clutch fan but we made the engine sit rather high so about 15-20% (i think) of the fan wasn't being used. The top water neck from the motor is leveled with the water neck on the radiator. Instead of being like this __/-- (horrible example) but the E-fan covers more of the radiator.

Waiting for photos to upload so I can update.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #79
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Forgot to get a good amount of pictures of what we did on Friday/Saturday. I'll get them when I go back to Bardabe's place tomorrow.

We got all the exhaust finished up, motor/trans sealed and mated together, turbo lines, and fuel pump in.

Here's all the fittings/lines we picked up friday morning. These are for the turbo and power steering.

Turbo lines on.

Before putting on all the lines I resealed up a majority of the motor. Upper/lower oil pan, rear main seal, new water pump, and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Bolted/torqued down the clutch (way to stoked to use this thing)
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #80
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I was thinking of doing this swap on a vert Z32 right after I totaled my S14. I mean, just look at the amount of space around the engine bay! compared to the VG. O_O

The SR looks super clean inside that engine bay.

Price, maintenance, and flexibility to work on your engine is gonna kick ass. I bookmarked this build. Love it. I can't wait to see this thing running!
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #81
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Edited to help clean thread up.

OP: Carry on, the swap looks sick!!!

Last edited by bc.; 05-17-2013 at 06:56 PM..
bc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #82
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude there is sooooooooooo much space in there especially between that rad and fmic. its going to be so easy to work on that motor up in there. the clutch looks badass
cant wait to see this thing on the road.
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #83
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
A moderator needs to clean this thread. I have to go through 3 pages of posts just to find info about this build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #84
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Bardabe finished welding up the exhaust last week but I forgot to snap some pictures so here they are now. Going to be making the hangers and what not soon.

Ran all the fuel lines/fire sleeved, mounted FPR and Fuel Filter.

Made the High Pressure PS line. Also did the lines from rack to cooler to reservoir (forgot to take pictures but will do in the morning)

Old 05-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #85
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

I<3-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
That clutch is so good!
I didn't know you had a build thread on here.
Great progress, the car is going to feel soooo good without all the junk weight up front!
I<3-SR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #86
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
how much power is the Uras clutch rated for ? also is it re-build able ?
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #87
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Also some kid was talking smack on a local forum, I used a pic of your car to show him how to properly build a 300ZX

keep up the great work man
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #88
Future_gohan
Zilvia Addict

Future_gohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol I go back to a 4 banger in my z and now i see your going sr in yours too. haha

Looks awesome, I used an s13 sr tho.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #89
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
I am so envious at the rate you are completing this project! Fantastic job.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #90
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
this build is full of awesome.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote