Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #61
TheCressidaFanboy

Trader Rating: (1)
TheCressidaFanboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What about a mid 80's Toyota Cressida? Mx-73 sedans or Mx-72 wagons (harder to find). Both models have great potential, enormous engine bays, really sweet futuristic interior designs, sweet body lines, incredibly comfortable (its like driving a couch) and look really good when done on proper wheels... The only big drawback is factory 5spd are hard to come by and the whole "aftermarket" availability isn't really there. Most things are going to have to be 1-off and custom made.

TheCressidaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #62
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
This should of been called "Pictures of the next trend thread".

Some nice "trends" in here though.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #63
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
build what YOU want

not to follow trends
I build what I want. What's wrong with some insight? Instead of looking at a magazine I am looking online. Same end results, different source.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #64
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
I've been seeing a lot of nice first gen RX7's lately. Before they used to be all POS's but I've seen a lot more nicely restored/modded.

Really diggin Saab 99 Turbo's. Used to think Saab 900's were quirky/cool in high school.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #65
TheCressidaFanboy

+1 for the saab turbo idea.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
If by trend you mean bandwagon, then a Cressida would be right up your alley.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #67
TheCressidaFanboy

Well in a way, a trend starts by everyone jumping on a so called "bandwagon". I guess it depends on how you look at things.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #68
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
(Not the next big thing, but a fun/cool project) Fox body thunderbirds and cougars. 2 good engine options, the 2.3t or the 5.0 v8. Way cooler than fox body mustangs... And not many people have done them right. But since you can use a bunch of parts from fox body mustangs, repairs and mods don't cost much because mustang/5.0 parts are plentiful.

This one is my project that I'm probably about to sell or strip because all my spare money is going towards the s14 and this has been on the backburner for almost a year now.

88 cougar xr7 5.0...
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #69
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Fox Cougars are like the Fox Mustang's retarded cousin. Not many people have "done them right" because they're horrible looking. No amount of "automotive make-up" can hide that sort of ugly.
The front end of the black one isn't awful, but everything behind the a-pillars ruins the rest of the car.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #70
Heytheremr2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Heytheremr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Wait... WTF? Seriously? Are you telling me Stance made a bolt on coilover option for the Z31 and that community thinks its too expensive?!? $1300 isn't all that bad of a price for coilovers. No wonder that community gets no support.

Isn't this the same Z31 posted above?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-VtlKqrPbk

I think thats the best built Z31 I've seen and even he said in the comments that the Stance coilover option is the best setup available and the only reason he didn't use it is because it didn't exist when he built his car.
A lot of people buy them. Some of which save every nickel and dime to buy them. Them being too expensive is my personal opinion. That being said, I have bigger priorities in my life than spending my extra money on aftermarket parts. Not demeaning those who do by no means though. I say it because I have a kid on the way and my priorities have shifted a bit. I'll buy affordable parts when I can but first I have to make sure my new family is taken care of.
Heytheremr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #71
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
(Not the next big thing, but a fun/cool project) Fox body thunderbirds and cougars. 2 good engine options, the 2.3t or the 5.0 v8. Way cooler than fox body mustangs... And not many people have done them right. But since you can use a bunch of parts from fox body mustangs, repairs and mods don't cost much because mustang/5.0 parts are plentiful.
I would rather have a 2nd gen Capri than those. Mark VII if we are talking boats...
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #72
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytheremr2 View Post
A lot of people buy them. Some of which save every nickel and dime to buy them. Them being too expensive is my personal opinion. That being said, I have bigger priorities in my life than spending my extra money on aftermarket parts. Not demeaning those who do by no means though. I say it because I have a kid on the way and my priorities have shifted a bit. I'll buy affordable parts when I can but first I have to make sure my new family is taken care of.
I get you, man. What I simply meant to imply is that when you compare the price of the Stance Z31 coilovers, they're in line with other similar offerings for other cars. Unless you're hoping for Godspeed/K-sport/Megan prices & quality, I'd say there isn't much to complain about Stance's price for those coils since they're a superior product in that segment. If the price is too high for the Stance's, just wait for a major holiday when vendors start having all their crazy sales...

But I must thank you though. Because the revelation that there are now bolt on coilovers for the Z31 have me very seriously looking at that chassis for a new drifter. Dirt cheap turbo power with a super fat powerband and an assload of torque is all I could ask for. I wonder how much effort would it take to get that car to between 350-400whp and what the torque would be around there...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #73
Heytheremr2
Zilvia Member

There is one thing you'll need and that's an adapter tube that you will need in order to weld onto the front struts seeing as the fronts aren't McPhersons. You cut the strut tubing down to the spindle, weld the tube onto it, then thread the coil overs on. You can custom make those or order them from serial nine. S13 coils work as well and there are vendors that sell the adapters for what you need
Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #74
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
You still gotta do all that welding even with the Stance's? Geez... nevermind. I see your point now. If you still gotta do all that, the value decreases. Ppl want simple bolt on solutions. I guess the Z31 really is the DIY/bolt-on proof car.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #75
Heytheremr2
Zilvia Member

These are the coil overs

This is what you need to do to the front. Once you buy the coilovers and the adapter tubes, the cutting and welding is cheap/easy to do.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #76
simmode1
Post Whore!

I don't see why someone doesn't just make an adjustable Z31 coilover with an upgraded knuckle included, so you can just throw away the stock piece. We're talking, what? Another $200-$300? Gimme.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
z32boy
Leaky Injector

z32boy is an unknown quantity at this point
A nicely done older car will always be hot.............

Here's some ideas- Mitsubushi Conquest TSI turbo

Dodge Omni GLH

Mazda 323 GTX

Mitsubishi Galant VR4

z32boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #78
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that galant looks sick! I want to stay away from the box 80's cars unless i see one with some great potential. kinda frothing on the MK3 supras right now. I just want a smooth car with not too much hype behind it. cha know?
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #79
z32boy
Leaky Injector

z32boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
that galant looks sick! I want to stay away from the box 80's cars unless i see one with some great potential. kinda frothing on the MK3 supras right now. I just want a smooth car with not too much hype behind it. cha know?
Yea the Galant VR4 has lots of potential, AWD turbo!
z32boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #80
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I would rather have a 2nd gen Capri than those. Mark VII if we are talking boats...
capris look too much like mustangs. And marks don't catch my eye like tbirds and cougars... Something about them I like... I wanted to turbo my 5.0 cougar originally... But I like my s14 better, and don't have the money for 2 projects. Probably going to strip the coilovers and all the new parts off mine and roll it across the scales before the summer is up... Maybe get enough for some coils and rims by the time the partout is complete.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #81
fortheloveofdrifting_2010
Zilvia Junkie

fortheloveofdrifting_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
this thread is awful. back when "rice" was cool, it wasn't fucking rice. drifting is still cool. jdm shit is still cool.

do what you want, chances are nobody will like it anyway. your shit should make you happy.

Hes only 20 he was still a baby at that time
fortheloveofdrifting_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #82
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i saw one of these on the freeway last week

It was LHD. I dunno how you make one of these, out of a Mirage?

I think old school 80's and early 90's japanese cars will become the next trend. Cars seem to go through a 25 year cycle of massive depreciation and little to no attention then blow up as current trend die.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #83
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Something out of the ordinary

Merkur XRT4i

TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #84
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
i saw one of these on the freeway last week

It was LHD. I dunno how you make one of these, out of a Mirage?
1988–2000 Lancer is the same thing as a Mirage.