Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #61
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
Bring back privateers.
I guess a more appropriate statement would be to make it more easy for Privateers to compete, though doing that may lower the level of competition overall.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #62
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
Martins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
sorry for no update but i will be meeting tommorw with evveryone discussing recent events .....and future
Martins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #63
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
why not just do D1sl like planned
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #64
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the rules are too loose for the cars..whoever is in charge of marketing over at toyota is retarded too,do they really think kids seeing a rearwheel drive scion with a v8 from nascar are going to go out and buy a fwd scion they dont even have anything to drift with and the rules in d1 suck you got all v8 cars in the feild now ..why not call it nasdrift the seireis lacks excitement because it doesnt seem feasable for a little guy to drift..i think thats why asabo with the supra was so popular ..but all these chevy powed and ford stuff.and.the mopars are killing it....but i think drifting will die on a professional level at some point if it has not already...
2000gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #65
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gtx View Post
but i think drifting will die on a professional level at some point if it has not already...
grassroot drifting will always be where its at anyways--
then becoming a privateer in the pro circuit just shows how much passion and determination they have--props to them
nismobenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #66
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it'll die if they can't figure out how to build fans....without making them wait hours in between runs.

drifting has the excitement...people just need to share it....it's hard to get excited watching these guys drive for 15 seconds.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:42 AM   #67
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
But street legal here in us = stock KA
yeah this sucks
Quote:
More grassroots type drifting, better tracks
+2
hope something like this happens
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #68
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
I guess a more appropriate statement would be to make it more easy for Privateers to compete, though doing that may lower the level of competition overall.
IMO its not gonna happen. Cops waiting outside Irwindale to tow cars as soon as they come outside. You don't see that during drag nights. But then again most* of those cars are old and smog exempt.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #69
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
IMO its not gonna happen. Cops waiting outside Irwindale to tow cars as soon as they come outside. You don't see that during drag nights. But then again most* of those cars are old and smog exempt.
What the hell does that mean?

Being a privateer doesn't mean that you drive your "race car" on the street.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #70
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
there was a guy that showed up to pro am last year in his s13 he drove from washington with tires in his trunk.....

i'm pretty sure he placed top 3......
Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #71
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
One thing I have never seen in the Us that was always the coolest part to watch was the (Team Drifting) where 5-7 cars of team"A" would all tandem together, 3 inches from each other, ...I have never seen anything like it in the US..(well I lie, I have seen in the local drift events but just for fun.. no pro championship does it)
that not only is fun to watch, it creates, "teams" which create comradery which in turn create fans...I think most people in japan dont just have a favorite driver they usually have a "drift team" they root for.
wether it's because they are good, or because they are the local town drift team.
To expand on the team idea, we need a conference system. I’m tired of seeing the only events being held in the west and maybe one event in either the far corners of the east. Make a North and South West conference, Midwest, and North and South East conference.

Have events in those conferences, rankings so forth, and top drivers/teams go to a major champion ship, just like you see in College and Pro Football.

So you live in Illinois, hit up the 6 events, you get in the top three and all three of you head off to battle it out in a National Champion ship.

For any serious following and merchandising to take place you need to build honest to god teams, I could give a fuck about Tanner Faust and his Stock-Car Scion or all the cars Falken splattered their logo over. But if you could really pull in region and tie that to a team, I think people would care more… the Chicago Snow Drifts or something. Then you are not at the total whim of what someone is driving to attract fans

Also, with a conference system, it gets rid of the excuses for limited event coverage. I’m willing to bet the major reason (and cost) behind not having more events across the country is the teams, drivers, staffs and sponsors don’t want to drive across country all season long. This is also true for the East and Midwest guys, sure we can be badass drivers, build amazing machines, but few have the money to quit work and make a 6 trips across country each season to race. With a region system, everyone can stay in their region for the main portion of the season, throw massive events out in Cali, and let the rest of us still have quality professional events, albeit less fan fair, but then shots at national titles.

I think everyone realizes you don’t need a massive vender/sponsor turn out, car shows and all the accompanying spectacles FD events have to be a good driver with a serious race car.

As far as Cars go… screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t. You can’t say drivers have to keep their stock engines/power trains because then they would all just buy the latest ZR1s, 370Zs and Mustangs and build those, if you do a Displacement limitation you’ll lose your Ford, GM et al sponsors as they are not about to make small engine cars just to make FD/D1 happy. This is a professional level of racing. You’re not going to enter NASCAR, TopFuel or F1 rocking your backyard build $7,000 “missile”, so why are people expecting to be able to do that in top-series professional drifting?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #72
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gtx View Post
the rules are too loose for the cars..whoever is ...
You have D1 and FD confused.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #73
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
there was a guy that showed up to pro am last year in his s13 he drove from washington with tires in his trunk.....

i'm pretty sure he placed top 3......
A lot of that depends on where you live, I guess.

There are a lot of dudes around me that drive SR and RB swapped cars to the track all the time and never get bothered.

That being said, I know a bunch of Privateers that Trailer their cars to and from events.

I was just trying to tell the dude above me that being a privateer has nothing to do with driving your car to and from events, you know?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #74
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
A lot of that depends on where you live, I guess.

There are a lot of dudes around me that drive SR and RB swapped cars to the track all the time and never get bothered.

That being said, I know a bunch of Privateers that Trailer their cars to and from events.

I was just trying to tell the dude above me that being a privateer has nothing to do with driving your car to and from events, you know?
Only an idiot would drive his car to a pro-series event. What happens when your car pops or wrecks? How do you carry all the tools and tires you'd honestly need?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #75
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
^a dedicated, die hard love for drifting idiot?
nismobenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #76
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i think maybe combing the gymkana thing or a time attack might bring more spectators along with drifting but the rules gotta change for more jap style cars the tube chassis cars and v8 s i think are hurting the d1 and or formula d ..........d1 japan is on brink of death..pro imort drag racing is dead...we need a miracle for d1usa
2000gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #77
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
I'm with Corbic - as I'm sure a lot of others, in terms of a confrence system.

That would be dope - different skills would represent different regions and reflect the styles there of. But only one will rise to the top...until the next time. With som many different events/series I think this can be done...there should be this one meeting of the round table or something.

That would be it.

no one beats STREET though IMO. bam
Old 12-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #78
Martins13
Zilvia Member

im going to just have a massive rave ..and place drift event in the middle of it....one of the idea brought up..by a 37 year old
Old 12-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #79
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
I'm with Corbic - as I'm sure a lot of others, in terms of a confrence system.

That would be dope - different skills would represent different regions and reflect the styles there of. But only one will rise to the top...until the next time. With som many different events/series I think this can be done...there should be this one meeting of the round table or something.
that sounds dope..

reminds me of how people say los angeles ballers play and have a different style than new york ballers.. east coast rap vs west coast rap.. dancing styles.. fighting styles .. vary from country to country or even north vs south.. etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #80
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
besides D1
grassroots is where it's at for the US
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #81
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I thought, people just went to d1 for allthe free shit. Most people that go dont even drive a stick shift.

Anyway, I just want to have stuff to watch, and pro drifting to go to. I have friends to talk to and shit to look at when I am waiting for the next run.

I want to see them make them run two laps each time, from start to finish.

Either way, Im happy. Have not really missed d1. This past formula d had much more vendor and shit than I saw at the previous year.

And about all this v8 hate, if everyone eventually has one, then you will see, loud fast tones of smoke and then you will see the drivers who are better winning, you wont see the guy with the v8 raping all the four cylinders if everyone has a v8. Then it will just be skill.

Whatever, I almost smell a troll in here anyway.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #82
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
that sounds dope..
reminds me of how people say los angeles ballers play and have a different style than new york ballers.. east coast rap vs west coast rap.. dancing styles.. fighting styles .. vary from country to country or even north vs south.. etc
exactly - that's what makes it tight rep your own style - not because it's better - beause they're all different.
The problem is everyone wants to be on top - doesn't want to see anybody else on top. THAT's WACK!! styles are just different pick your own. REP YOUR DRIFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins13 View Post
im going to just have a massive rave ..and place drift event in the middle of it....one of the idea brought up..by a 37 year old
that's my IDEA! shhhhhh!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #83
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I thought, people just went to d1 for allthe free shit.

Whatever, I almost smell a troll in here anyway.
what does tht mean?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #84
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
it means, that I dont think d1gp has a future in the united states. And having two major drift leagues would be like having two major league basket ball leagues, like nba and the other NBA.

And how is it confusing that people go for the free shit. You want more people to go, have tons of vendors and throw out a bunch of free shit. Like products, shirts, lanyards and all that shit that people would go crazy for. The last few d1 events here, and you could tell it was going down. They had only about an 8th of the vendors and booths as the first few times.

And as far as the troll business, we are all hearing that d1gp is pretty much through, because daijiro and Keiichi pulling out as well as some other major sponsors. So how do you think you will have a series to compete with Fd? Esp with d1gp on its deathbed, and without the founding members, and less sponsors? I don't care, because I know formula d will be here still.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 AM   #85
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismobenzo View Post
^a dedicated, die hard love for drifting idiot?
If you are that dedicated, $2000 for a used truck/suv + $65 a pop for a uhaul trailer rental.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #86
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Make 2 street legal classes maybe? one with alot of restrictions and one with not so many?

300hp class and 400hp class?

these are the d1sl rules, and like someone said, there slightly detuned d1gp cars.

I would suggest making more rules that allow people with beginner to intermediate setups compete and actually have a chance of winning.

prohibited in d1sl:
Other restrictions in the category are that:
  • Spoilers must stay within the width of the vehicle.
  • Brakes must be stock dimensions; no swaps from other models of same make are allowed.
  • Vehicles must retain OEM parts (ac/navigation/heater)
  • A functioning car audio system must be in place.
  • A 6 point roll cage with 4 point harness must be in place (same as that of D1GP).
  • Restriction of engine swaps from other model into other model, as S15 Silvia Spec-S to Spec-R specification (SR20DE→SR20DET) may be permitted but a RB26DETT into an HR32 Skyline GTS-t is not unless the model is a BNR32, nor even is converting an AE85 to AE86 is permitted. Engines from other manufacturer’s car (e.g. Darren McNamara’s SR20DET powered AE86) are not permitted as well. A bolt on turbocharger or supercharger is permitted, the engine in the car can be determined by the VIN plate
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #87
Corbic
Post Whore!

Even with a HP class system you will still see V8 dominating (just like in the SuperGT and former JGTC)

What's better a SR making 300hp at 7000RPM or a V8 making 800hp at 7,000rpm but with a restrictor plate so it now makes 300hp at 500rpm, 2000rpm, 5000rpm ect.

But as far as professional racing goes, the efforts by FD teams are more comparable to grassroots them NASCAR in terms of budgets and scope.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #88
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

It's All about Adam's Drift when it hits irwindale - in terms of grassroots, and regional
you know what I mean?!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #89
ignited
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
ignited is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Shoot, I thought more.

Do you want to make D1 a cool series?

Make it so that it doesn't become this giant spending war like where Formula D is going.

Make it so that cars have to retain OEM Unibodies, loosen the cage rules a bit so people can keep their interior, judge based on how well the driver entertained the crowd, cap the displacement at no more than +1 litre from stock, etc.

That would be cool.
D1SL USA. The rule book does not allow engine swaps or any kind of chassis modification. Meaning no partial tube framing in the front and back of the vehicle. DO IT
ignited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #90
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
Make 2 street legal classes maybe? one with alot of restrictions and one with not so many?

300hp class and 400hp class?

these are the d1sl rules, and like someone said, there slightly detuned d1gp cars.

I would suggest making more rules that allow people with beginner to intermediate setups compete and actually have a chance of winning.

prohibited in d1sl:
Other restrictions in the category are that:
  • Spoilers must stay within the width of the vehicle.
  • Brakes must be stock dimensions; no swaps from other models of same make are allowed.
  • Vehicles must retain OEM parts (ac/navigation/heater)
  • A functioning car audio system must be in place.
  • A 6 point roll cage with 4 point harness must be in place (same as that of D1GP).
  • Restriction of engine swaps from other model into other model, as S15 Silvia Spec-S to Spec-R specification (SR20DE→SR20DET) may be permitted but a RB26DETT into an HR32 Skyline GTS-t is not unless the model is a BNR32, nor even is converting an AE85 to AE86 is permitted. Engines from other manufacturer’s car (e.g. Darren McNamara’s SR20DET powered AE86) are not permitted as well. A bolt on turbocharger or supercharger is permitted, the engine in the car can be determined by the VIN plate
this is the only thing I don't agree with as I myself can build that in my front yard. This is a normal thing now in amature cars. Lets remember...even if it's grassroots, doesn't mean it has to be stock. electrical is just safer. tubs just mean you can run bigger wheels, and replacing glass with lexan is safe if people crash and don't want shattered glass everywhere.