Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #61
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku240sxS14 View Post
^ exactly....
you would be ready for htm. just take it 1 corner at a time. I would not try to link the down hill untill you are comfortable with your transition....work on the up hill side...it's a real fun track to learn. just bring plenty of tires. and try and drift every turn.

give charlie a kiss for me...I know he misses me on the inside.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #62
iROYAL
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
iROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Does anybody know that Saturdays schedule call for a chance of rain?
iROYAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #63
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Thanks David...I don't know what HTM is like and don't want to be in over my head, or worse yet, fuck the car up even more. LoL Since you seen what I am capable of, it good to know that I SHOULD be okay at HTM.

When you say "bring plenty of tires", is the surface like Balcony? Seems like Balcony doesn't eat away alot of the tires. Or is it because you will be drifting alot more corners? (longer course?) So is 1 set of tires (4 tires) good for HTM?
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #64
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iROYAL View Post
Does anybody know that Saturdays schedule call for a chance of rain?
I wondered the same thing last week at the 626 event....but it didn't rain. Although it saying (for now) 60%....which last week was 40%.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #65
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
If it rains it will be for like 2 seconds and then clear up. Its the desert
Old 02-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #66
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
rain or shine! it's fun driffin in the rain.. just hard working the course when it's raining lol.

dear nick hogan.. you know i miss you in and out. yes chow too!

for everyone that doesn't know... hamburg is also nick hogan. 'cept, nick hogan drifts better than nick hogan.

ok... back to topic. yes rain or shine. i actually wanted it to rain... dunno why? cause it saves trees i guess.
charlie@justdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #67
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Well if it does rain and I can save the other 2 tires I want to go to HTM. Is there still room on Sun? If so can I pay on Sat for Sun's event?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #68
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
dammit, track fees went to pay the registration on my truck

next time...
Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #69
iROYAL
Zilvia Addict

iROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfectioniROYAL is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie@justdrift View Post
rain or shine! it's fun driffin in the rain.. just hard working the course when it's raining lol.

for everyone that doesn't know... hamburg is also nick hogan. 'cept, nick hogan drifts better than nick hogan.

ok... back to topic. yes rain or shine. i actually wanted it to rain... dunno why? cause it saves trees i guess.
Good. I was wondering about that. I guess a gazebo's may be a necessity.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #70
Oilcover
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Oilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oilcover
totally psyched - this event will be rad.

rain = linking balcony keyhole hahahah

MANWOLFS|HotLine|Falken|Exedy|DSTROYR|Factory 83|326power|
Oilcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #71
ka24delover
Leaky Injector

ka24delover is making his/her stupidity well-knownka24delover is making his/her stupidity well-knownka24delover is making his/her stupidity well-knownka24delover is making his/her stupidity well-knownka24delover is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via Yahoo to ka24delover
BOOO i hav to work when is the next time
ka24delover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #72
iROYAL
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24delover View Post
BOOO i hav to work when is the next time
Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #73
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:

lol thats soooo funny.

and if you want to drift all over the track, I would bring 2 sets if you can (8) tires. but if you are conservative, and drift one of the major sections, you will be fine on a set....htm is just sooooo fun, that you are gonna wanna try and drive all of it. Especially when you see these guys manji up hill, link the down hill, then follow them all the way through past the water tower....it makes you want to do it.

I've never learned more from a track, probably cause the up and down, different banks, and the thought of drifting a mountain side is fun too. I mean, watch the asb videos, they are sooo dope.

and charlie holds a legit event. is henry still instructing these charlie?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #74
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

^ I really want to try it! but DAYUMMM, 8 fuck'n tires! Charlie...I will have to pass on Sun's event. But I definitely want in on the next one.
8 fuck'n tires!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #75
Oilcover
Zilvia Junkie

Oilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant futureOilcover has a brilliant future
i've never ever used 8! i've used about three pairs, and that was not caring about tire conservation...

Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #76
brainfood
Post Whore!

brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah 6 tires max that's what I'm bringing and I am not sure I will use all of them. Oh and if you manji up the hill you are gay. Go faster shift to 3rd handle your bizness
Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #77
Oilcover
Zilvia Junkie

driving both days, brooogers?

and yeah, uphill manji is yawnville.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #78
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
Quote:
Well if it does rain and I can save the other 2 tires I want to go to HTM. Is there still room on Sun? If so can I pay on Sat for Sun's event?
if you save up 2 tires for sunday.. you can pay saturday.

hogan, yes schelley still instructing at jd events. he'll be out there with his new ma'cheen this weekend. come out when you get a chance sweety... hung, steven and henry misses you!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #79
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
^ I really want to try it! but DAYUMMM, 8 fuck'n tires! Charlie...I will have to pass on Sun's event. But I definitely want in on the next one.
8 fuck'n tires!
fujiwara... you don't need 8! hogan is talking about used tires!!! lol... you ballin` brand new tires to burn.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #80
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

I only said 8 cause I wasted 6 tires in my ka....and i was learning, so I drifted everything.....coming up the backside to the super little first gear keywhole....to the top corner, the bottom...maji up hill (couldn't link it in my ka) and then all the way through the water tower...keep in mind...ka...no over heating. A set should be fine for you as long as you aren't being wasteful. And one set I destroyed quick...fucking nankangs suck balls!

and a set of FEDs will last all day at htm. Not trying to scare people away.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #81
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
Yeah 6 tires max that's what I'm bringing and I am not sure I will use all of them. Oh and if you manji up the hill you are gay. Go faster shift to 3rd handle your bizness
I wish my KA could even make it into 3rd just driving up that hill lol! 260k stock ka fml!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #82
odi
Leaky Injector

odi is an unknown quantity at this point
Just registered and paid for Sunday.

I am finally putting a fmic and bigger radiator on the salmon beast.

Can't wait.

Tony, are we getting foam padding for tandem tapping or what?
odi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #83
brainfood
Post Whore!

Nah just Sun. Jon. Its just test day to see if I can drive RHD or not. So just playing around.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #84
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post
Nah just Sun. Jon. Its just test day to see if I can drive RHD or not. So just playing around.
oh.. i drove RHD in irwindale and i kept opening the door for ebrake. lol... so lock your door!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #85
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
fujiwara... you don't need 8! hogan is talking about used tires!!! lol... you ballin` brand new tires to burn.
"Fujiwara"..? Fukumoto that's me! lol

Jesus ...i almost had a heart attack, 8 tires. Scared the crap out of me! Sweet, well I still don't know about this Sun. I only have 1 set left for this Sat, which I only burn thru 2 tires at balcony. I REALLY want to try HTM!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #86
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
mike how many tires did you go through last time @ balcony w/ rad exp?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #87
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

I think I only went thru 2 tires, but they were at 40-50 psi. I think by 2pm or so they had camber wear so I swapped them out.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #88
brainfood
Post Whore!

Quote:
oh.. i drove RHD in irwindale and i kept opening the door for ebrake. lol... so lock your door!
Lol yeah at least I have door panels so I hopefully wont be skinning knuckles
Old 02-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #89
iROYAL
Zilvia Addict

If anyone is passing through the 405 (Southbay 310) area and wants to caravan PM me. I think I'll be leaving Saturday morning around 5.

-Jim
Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #90
shoneeko
Leaky Injector

shoneeko will become famous soon enoughshoneeko will become famous soon enoughshoneeko will become famous soon enoughshoneeko will become famous soon enough
payment sent for htm. See you guys there.
shoneeko is offline   Reply With Quote