Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 AM   #61
DevilZ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
DevilZ is making a name for him/her selfDevilZ is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just finished the movie and its GREAT!!! I love this movie. I need it in my non existing dvd collection. oh yea my GF loved it also haha she hope theres going to be part 2.
DevilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #62
iHeartTheTouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
iHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i loved this movie.

there were plenty of parts where it seemed like it was gonna end really bad, then some shit came out of left field and made me go 'wtf! hell yes!'

beginning i was bummed. documentary type movies are cool and all, but they way there were doing it in the first 15ish minutes I didnt enjoy. i thought it was gonna be that way the whole movie but that abruptly ended it got progressively bad ass!

definitely recommend this movie! i wouldnt mind paying to go see it again, this time not in the first fucking row though. that blew having some girl behind me spaz out on my seat for 2 hours. i expect a sequel.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #63
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
wow this movie totally took me by surprise !

it was really good! i enjoyed this much more than transformers 2
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #64
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
oh, and by the way.

this was opening weekend, and this was airing on one of the smaller screens at the theater. and it was only on two screens. fucking The Goods was on three screens, and they were all big ones. the theater was packed though. The Goods was pretty empty.
hoping they give D9 more screens next weekend.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #65
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
me and a couple others walked out halfway through the movie. the camera shaking all the time was fucking annoying. documentary style is cool if its a real documentary, this was not. other than that, maybe ill give it another shot when its on dvd. glad i didnt pay for the movie tho.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #66
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I wouldnt say it was the best movie out but I still did enojoy it. I think I just expected more or differently from it was all I guess.. still good gore scenes tho lol.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #67
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
This was the best movie I've seen this year. The beginning had me intrigued, the cameraman angle pulled me into the movie and it felt real. You can feel the disgust, the hate these people have. The story had me hooked, I didn't even think about walking out, even to pee! I held that bastard for a good hour, whoooo. The realisim, the directing, the vaporization of bodies, hell fucking yes. I was glad to pay for this movie.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #68
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
thought it was going to be cool so i saw it and its super slow in the beginng but it picked up wasnt that great but i wouldnt buy it
Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #69
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
cool cool. imma go see it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #70
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So in three years, can we expect District 10?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #71
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
Honestly i dont kno what the whole hype is about the movie. All these reviews make this movie sound better than the dark knight and by far this movie was not comparable. It was entertaining but nothing really OOH AHHed me. Personal opinion so many will disagree but overall its an above average movie but not worth 10+ dollars.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #72
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Abc View Post
Honestly i dont kno what the whole hype is about the movie. All these reviews make this movie sound better than the dark knight and by far this movie was not comparable. It was entertaining but nothing really OOH AHHed me. Personal opinion so many will disagree but overall its an above average movie but not worth 10+ dollars.

I totall agree with you.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #73
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I saw it with my wife, I ws on the edge of my seat after the video camera bs was over with. BUT on a totally different note, I got kind of pissed that going to see the 9:45 showing. There were tons of kids in the theater, like c'mon dude people getting blown to pieces is something you want your 6-10 year old sons/daughters seeing in their sleep that night?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #74
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Um, kids are having sex at ten.

So no big deal.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #75
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I thought it was really good, and I think you guys are confusing HYPE with ADVERTISING.

If you guys knew about the movie and went to go fucking see it, then they did their job right.

I enjoyed it, and I'm happy I was excited to see it, and even more excited to see it last night.

I liked it the whole way through and there were some good twists and turns.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #76
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
i didnt see any advertising in norcal for this movie, only way i found out about this movie was from hype and people talking about it.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #77
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
movie kick ass for myself.

i did liked it. i just didnt like the main character.

story was good. it shows nature of humans being selfish when they are in trouble.

but other than that im hoping theres a part 2.

and as for advertisement in norcal. if u seen couple of movies u should see the trailer from previous movie.

i think i saw that when we were watching transformers 2 up in metreon.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #78
fashnootin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (16)
fashnootin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fashnootin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
me and a couple others walked out halfway through the movie. the camera shaking all the time was fucking annoying. documentary style is cool if its a real documentary, this was not. other than that, maybe ill give it another shot when its on dvd. glad i didnt pay for the movie tho.
You missed out on the good part; I wasn't feeling the movie from the beginning also but as I stuck it out, like others said, it got progressively better. They certainly left it open for a sequel, and action at the end of the movie kinda off-sets the lack in the beginning half of the movie.

Though I have to admit, the first half had me feeling like I was just watching a situation that was a losing battle. It wasn't the best ending, but it's not a "feel-good" movie to begin with. I enjoyed it, would recommend it.
fashnootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #79
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
looks good did you see their billboards,
calll that number lol
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:44 AM   #80
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just saw it a few hours ago, interesting movie... kinda felt like borat with terminator II as funny as that sounds. overall. the plot was good and movie was enjoyable.. but nothing ground-breaking by any means. completely obvious that it was long-winded to remind us all that they are making a fucking sequel, its like gee.. thanks for the newsflash, we already know.

once the movie actually kicked it, it started to remind me of that old video game called "another world" or "out of this world" whichever one you know.

i think the only problem i had with this movie is that the aliens were a bunch of fuckin pussies, would've been fun if they were more aggressive and smarter.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #81
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I think that was the whole point of this movie.

Almost every damn alien movie has aliens that have unphathomable power.

And unlike having super bitch ass aliens like ET or Alf, they decided to do something in which the aliens had power, but it was from the weapons they created.

Yet they still exhibited compassion for each other as well as some form of superhuman strength.

I don't think they tried fighting back hard because they hella would've lost to the MNU's weaponry and command squads.

The thing I liked about the movie is that it was well thought out almost the whole way.

Aside from the part where the dude breaks back into MNU and his password still works, it was a pretty good storyline.

Am I saying this is the best movie ever in existence, no.

Nor am I saying it sucks.

All I'm saying is that it's worth going to the theaters and seeing.

I paid $10 to see this movie and at the end I felt that it was $10 well spent.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #82
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
looks like ima be watching this. I thought judging by the preview that it was gonna be a ID4 reincarnate
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #83
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I paid $10 to see this movie and at the end I felt that it was $10 well spent.
Yeah, but you didn't front me back that movie ticket LOL.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #84
RentonD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
RentonD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So is this a shake screen movie like Cloverfield? I get that the first 15 minutes are documentary-like, but I just wanted peoples opinions on the filming after that. I really enjoyed the shake-screen first person POV of Cloverfield, but I wasn't super enthused with the viral advertising or the plot for this movie.
RentonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #85
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonD View Post
So is this a shake screen movie like Cloverfield? I get that the first 15 minutes are documentary-like, but I just wanted peoples opinions on the filming after that. I really enjoyed the shake-screen first person POV of Cloverfield, but I wasn't super enthused with the viral advertising or the plot for this movie.
big chunks of it do have a handicam feel, but a professionally wielded handicam feel.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #86
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Yeah, but you didn't front me back that movie ticket LOL.
Yeah.

Even better.

GREAT movie to see for free.

hahaha.

I'll give it to you later today.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #87
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
saw this yesterday. it was pretty good, but not the super badass best movie of the year that everyone was making it out to be. it was put together well, wasn't boring, and best of all it kept me entertained and beat my expectations of this movie being really shitty or overhyped.

there wasn't the crazy advertising here like that park bench in other areas. when i first saw the trailer a few months ago, i didn't even care for this movie, but since everyone said it was good i just watched it. it was either this or GI Joe, but since everyone said GI Joe sucked and this was good, i watched this (i will probably see GI today). i guess i bought into the hype from zilvia.

all in all, i feel better spending $10 for this then some of the other bombs this year like t4, transformers 2, wolverine, etc.

PS. i was just ON TIME for this movie, so of course the whole theater was packed. i had to either sit at the very top row or in those upper corner seats. i choose the top row b/c fuck watching this movie at an angle. next to the empty seat next to me was some guy and his girl, and midway through the movie, she was on her knees giving this dude head. thought something was weird when i could have sworn my peripherals out the corner of my eye saw some bobbing action going on. i guess doing obscene things in public with the chance of being caught turns them on and they thought no one would notice, but i did, so i got to watch another show for free. sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #88
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
it was put together well, wasn't boring, and best of all it kept me entertained and beat my expectations of this movie being really shitty or overhyped.
That's reason enough to see it.

It isn't hype that people are giving it I feel.

It's just that people don't know how to explain a good movie without over hyping it.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #89
tommyboi

Trader Rating: (5)
tommyboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think Wikus the main character blows, just listening to how he talks and acts was annoying. The movie wasn't all that good like everybody that I knew said it was. I think it was stupid but in a way much like everyday life, like back in the slave days. Oh yeah, I hate this movie because of the fact that it was like a documentry type movie, reminds me of clover field without the horrible camera shaking. But it was also good because right when I get annoyed something good happens but Wikus was just pissing me off.
tommyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #90
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
That's reason enough to see it.

It isn't hype that people are giving it I feel.

It's just that people don't know how to explain a good movie without over hyping it.
No, THIS vvvvvvv is reason enough to go see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
PS. i was just ON TIME for this movie, so of course the whole theater was packed. i had to either sit at the very top row or in those upper corner seats. i choose the top row b/c fuck watching this movie at an angle. next to the empty seat next to me was some guy and his girl, and midway through the movie, she was on her knees giving this dude head. thought something was weird when i could have sworn my peripherals out the corner of my eye saw some bobbing action going on. i guess doing obscene things in public with the chance of being caught turns them on and they thought no one would notice, but i did, so i got to watch another show for free. sweet.
That movie will get your girl in the mood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboi View Post
I think Wikus the main character blows, just listening to how he talks and acts was annoying. The movie wasn't all that good like everybody that I knew said it was. I think it was stupid but in a way much like everyday life, like back in the slave days. Oh yeah, I hate this movie because of the fact that it was like a documentry type movie, reminds me of clover field without the horrible camera shaking. But it was also good because right when I get annoyed something good happens but Wikus was just pissing me off.
The main character is supposed to be believable and I think he shows what happens and how far people can go when pushed back into a wall, he's another character that represents man vs society.