Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #61
Croan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Croan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwasherexd View Post
vert fc v8 was Jeff Guiloite something like that hahahah

YouTube - El Toro Dai academy Gold rx7 100mph + entry then someone was in my way
100+ mph 4h gear entry and almost hitting somebody that stalled out in the middle of the track. The flagger guy told me to go, but didnt see that the car before me that went stalled... scaryy
That was me!!!! holy shit scariest shit that has ever happen to me seeing flying towards me. i am so sorry about that. Lost all electrical power and was in the process of trying to roll the car off track when i heard u coming. we need to man a post at the sweeper for this very reason. glad every one made it home safe.
Croan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #62
doridet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
doridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to doridet Send a message via Yahoo to doridet
Super fun event!! I will go to the next one again for sure!! and next time, i should join the raffle, my friend got some pretty awesome prizes. ^_^
doridet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #63
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn looks like I missed out.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #64
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I really would like to attend but my car is not quite ready yet,hopefully very soon!
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #65
yoni_nismo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
yoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDspeed View Post
Super fun event!! I will go to the next one again for sure!! and next time, i should join the raffle, my friend got some pretty awesome prizes. ^_^

hell ya this event was sick i wish my car was ready people got so much track time and yes i did win some cool things but i wanted the greddy informer but i guess the blitz i-burner and vertex shift knob isnt that bad either
yoni_nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #66
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croan View Post
That was me!!!! holy shit scariest shit that has ever happen to me seeing flying towards me. i am so sorry about that. Lost all electrical power and was in the process of trying to roll the car off track when i heard u coming. we need to man a post at the sweeper for this very reason. glad every one made it home safe.
dude u stood right next to your car and didnt move a bit! u must luv her..
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #67
iMAGE976
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
iMAGE976 is making a name for him/her selfiMAGE976 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iMAGE976
This was my first event and it was fun as hell......im definitely going to the next one!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #68
dkwasherexd
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
dkwasherexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkwasherexd
Quote:
yeah Im very glad I didnt hit ya lol, it was hard to slow down drifting at over 100mph lol

yes we need somebody at that corner to watch and flag that its safe to go
dkwasherexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #69
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #70
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews

rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #71
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Hey everyone. I was out mostly posted by the skid pad towards the end of the day taking some pics. Here's a sneak peak (the rest are here: Dais Drift Academy 06202009 pictures by sheunderground - Photobucket).

Such an awesome event!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #72
jbguillo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jbguillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwasherexd View Post
vert fc v8 was Jeff Guiloite something like that hahahah
damn daniel you got close! guillotte...hahaha, no one gets it.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:53 AM   #73
SlideKing92
Zilvia Member

SlideKing92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that there were some more people taking pictures, any clue where they are going to be posted?
SlideKing92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #74
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
when's Academy 3 going to happen? I didn't get the car finished in time.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #75
satakal

satakal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideKing92 View Post
I know that there were some more people taking pictures, any clue where they are going to be posted?
I'd like to know too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sileighty83 View Post
when's Academy 3 going to happen? I didn't get the car finished in time.
I think after the raffle, I heard Aug 1st.
satakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #76
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Are there slower courses?

I don't want to drift in 4th gear.
Seems too scary.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turns101
Wise ass...

So 100mph entry huh....
Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #78
ScarredOne

ScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enough
It was nice to have such a short wait for the long course, medium length 2nd gear course took a while, and what was up with people understeering for 5 min.+ on the skidpad courses??? I rolled up to finish off tires/practice tips from the coaches, only to wait FOREVER for some :ghey:fools to finish doing about 30 passes each; with no concern for the long line of people waiting. If you're gonna do that, at least don't unda-unda the whole run !

Hiro did a good job as usual with even more courses and drivers to keep tabs on, and a limited staff. The August 1 event should be interesting, when Ross unveils Dai's new sr20 Mango.
ScarredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #79
iMAGE976
Nissanaholic!

iMAGE976 is making a name for him/her selfiMAGE976 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Are there slower courses?

I don't want to drift in 4th gear.
Seems too scary.
the sweeper is sooooo big there's plenty of room to pull it off. The SR powered cars were having fun on the sweeper. but the Brave KA's were still trying to put it down . My buddy didn't even bother with the switch backs in the begining of the high speed course . he just bombed the sweeper in fourth gear around 90+MPH to clear it! Shit was fun !!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #80
iMAGE976
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideKing92 View Post
Yogi was taking pictures of the big sweeper we are all talking about, so lemme see if i can get my grubby little hands on some of his pics.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #81
Croan
Zilvia Addict

Croan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really niceCroan is just really nice
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMAGE976 View Post
the sweeper is sooooo big there's plenty of room to pull it off. The SR powered cars were having fun on the sweeper. but the Brave KA's were still trying to put it down . My buddy didn't even bother with the switch backs in the begining of the high speed course . he just bombed the sweeper in fourth gear around 90+MPH to clear it! Shit was fun !!
dood, I'm scared to skip the begging and bomb it at 90 heh

for all you DOHC KA guys i was drifting the whole course in 2nd, and then doing the whole sweeper at around 75mph like mid 3rd gear, like without straightening out.

Ross Petty told me to try to skip the first corner, just to get into 3rd gear, and just try to take the whole course in 3rd. i cant wait till next time to try that.

o yea, here are some video and pics my dad took.

i think this is dkwasherexd

yay Jason!!

click on the pics to make them huge!!

Paul your car was my dad's favorite, WTT for SL500?? haha

me

me again!
Croan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #82
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
awesome event! so much run time... this is the only place I can actually get my stock KA up to 90 MPH at the top of 4th gear on that sweeper...

btw thx for the pic rat240...
Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #83
SlideKing92
Zilvia Member

SlideKing92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Yogi have a website or anywhere he posts normaly
SlideKing92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #84
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Will there be another one next month?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #85
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turns101
Where is there some 100mph entries?? I want to see some vid..
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #86
MiataCharles
Leaky Injector

MiataCharles is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
dood, I'm scared to skip the begging and bomb it at 90 heh

for all you DOHC KA guys i was drifting the whole course in 2nd, and then doing the whole sweeper at around 75mph like mid 3rd gear, like without straightening out.
In my KA DOHC, I skipped the whole first section and my entry speed for sweeper was about 87mph. But I used the 949Racing race car(140hp, no powersteering) for the driver search, IMHO its impossible to link the whole course with the stock KA on 3rd gear manji.

I'd like to say Thanks again to 949Racing for all the support.

Please visit CharlesNgRacing.com

Last edited by MiataCharles; 06-22-2009 at 11:06 PM..
MiataCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #87
dkwasherexd
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
dkwasherexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkwasherexd
i was able to do 100+mph entry top of 4th gear, but no footy shit was scary at first to clutch kick at that speed..but somehow my balls grew and I did it.. the one footy I have was my 1st time doing 100mph entry..is when I had to slow down and stop because Croan stalled out at the sweeper.. drifting at that speed feels like the car will flip.. damn i need more power... I want to up my boost, but i don have enough fuel .. I tried 8psi thaday and it was bogging my motor, so i urned it down to 6psi and itwas barely okay... Time for bigger injectors and a standalone...
dkwasherexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #88
ryster
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
ryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfectionryster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbguillo View Post
damn daniel you got close! guillotte...hahaha, no one gets it.
Cograts on the invite Jeff! Good job!

[email protected]
ryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #89
Flaco S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Flaco S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
is the high speed course bumpy? or will stock suspension make it through there?
Flaco S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #90
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataCharles View Post
IMHO its impossible to link the whole course with the stock KA on 3rd gear manji.
Define stock. lol. I only have Headers and intake and I was able to link the last Dai's academy layout all in 3rd gear. That was so much fun.