Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #61
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445 View Post
The Lifeproof cases for the 4/4S are great. We had one at my store with an iPhone in it that we would throw, hard, at the floor/wall and the phone never broke. One of our guys finally broke the bottom door that covers the charging port because he threw it with the door open. I would definitely recommend those cases to people.
godddaammnn! lol k thanks for tip
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #62
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
LifeProof will replace it if the door broke.
You have a 90 day warranty on the case if you don't follow the instructions on the orange sticker on the back of the case. If you do follow the instructions on the back of the case and register then you get a 1 year warranty, IIRC. We didn't follow the sticker. lol
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #63
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I can't upgrade again to 8/20/13. Sigh I guess 5S then.

I always get stuck with the S phones.
3GS
4S
Eventually 5S unless the 4S can hold out until Iphone 6 comes out in 2014......
You can look this up, even called apple and they told me this: average lifetime on a iPhone is 2-3years, battery fails usually by that time, LCD goes out, speakers fail etc.

So idk if your 4s will last that long lol, my old i4 only lasted me 2 years then the LCD randomly broke and didn't hold a charge anymore.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #64
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiDe_WaYz View Post
You can look this up, even called apple and they told me this: average lifetime on a iPhone is 2-3years, battery fails usually by that time, LCD goes out, speakers fail etc.

So idk if your 4s will last that long lol, my old i4 only lasted me 2 years then the LCD randomly broke and didn't hold a charge anymore.
Of course they're going to tell you to buy a new iPhone. I've repaired them and the only thing that usually goes out is the battery. I have had a few that the earpiece went out but they're few and far between. Other than that the most common thing is people that drop them and break the front or back glass.

Btw, the battery is pretty easy to replace and the replacement isn't expensive at all. They will usually send you the screwdriver you need to swap yours out as well. The only word of caution is when you take the screw out and you go to pry the battery connector, be careful how you pull it out. I've seen a few people try to do it themselves and they have torn of the connector that is soldered to the MB.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #65
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyflip445 View Post
Of course they're going to tell you to buy a new iPhone. I've repaired them and the only thing that usually goes out is the battery. I have had a few that the earpiece went out but they're few and far between. Other than that the most common thing is people that drop them and break the front or back glass.

Btw, the battery is pretty easy to replace and the replacement isn't expensive at all. They will usually send you the screwdriver you need to swap yours out as well. The only word of caution is when you take the screw out and you go to pry the battery connector, be careful how you pull it out. I've seen a few people try to do it themselves and they have torn of the connector that is soldered to the MB.
I do know all of that info already I've changed the color on mine and some friends multiple times it isn't hard at all.

But on my phone and friends ear piece stops working, ringer speaker stops working, had some that had white spots on the LCD I'm guessing from water damage, charge port actually goes out alot more than some would imagine as well. Alot of the time that's the 1-2yr mark. With usual wear and tear the phone will last roughly 2-3 years. I honestly don't know anyone who hasn't had there phone repaired in less than a year where I live.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #66
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I do know all of that info already I've changed the color on mine and some friends multiple times it isn't hard at all.

But on my phone and friends ear piece stops working, ringer speaker stops working, had some that had white spots on the LCD I'm guessing from water damage, charge port actually goes out alot more than some would imagine as well. Alot of the time that's the 1-2yr mark. With usual wear and tear the phone will last roughly 2-3 years. I honestly don't know anyone who hasn't had there phone repaired in less than a year where I live.
It was a knock off charger that killed my phone. I plugged it in to charge, came back light was off on the charger phone never turned on again.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #67
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST.

There is not really anything new here with the Iphone 5...

If you have a 4S I cant see why you would want this..

Its nice look and all, but where is the WOW?
Welcome to 2012. There are plenty of articles stating that we are now entering a "Decline-Phase" for cellphones.

Their abilities have far outpaced network support and we are now going to see diminishing returns. 4G-networks are already going to be outdated and with more users it will grind to the same sluggish pace as seen with standard data connections.

Additionally don't be expecting the "OMFG" effect we all had when the first iPhones came out rendering all the candybars, razors and blackberries obsolete. It will be like the computer world - every year new models that are moderately better spec'd come out.. but its nothing to right home about.

My contract for my 4 was up back in July... not sure how eager I am to slam down $200-300 for a 5... i know they'll have a 5S in the summer and the S-series always seem better overall value.

Quote:

Don't charge your shit off a cigarette lighter.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #68
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^Why is it bad to charge it off a cig lighter?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #69
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
^^Why is it bad to charge it off a cig lighter?
The regulators in those shitty charger adapters by and large are substandard and worthless. As a result the constant electrical pulses from the car are amplified and cause the batteries to wear out quicker.

Properly braking in and maintaining a battery is critical to having a long life of trouble free operation.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #70
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
The regulators in those shitty charger adapters by and large are substandard and worthless. As a result the constant electrical pulses from the car are amplified and cause the batteries to wear out quicker.

Properly braking in and maintaining a battery is critical to having a long life of trouble free operation.
I guess that goes for shitty chargers too. My 3GS worked like a champ till the charger killed it. I have never had any of those issues SLiDe_WaYz was talking about lol.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
iOS 6 is cool...anyone else download it yesterday?
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #72
Rut Ro
Leaky Injector

Rut Ro is an unknown quantity at this point
Downloading the update as we speak. Ive heard that some peoples contacts got erased thou. Two of my buddies say that their updates went smooth and no issues. Must be hit or miss when it comes to the updates and if you have backed up your phone recently.
Rut Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #73
Future240
Future Moderator

I'll download it as soon as it is jail broken.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #74
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rut Ro View Post
Downloading the update as we speak. Ive heard that some peoples contacts got erased thou. Two of my buddies say that their updates went smooth and no issues. Must be hit or miss when it comes to the updates and if you have backed up your phone recently.
Yeah i think its the people that dont back thier phones up regularly. My phone syncs automatically on my home wifi so i had no issues at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #75
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Where the Iphone fails = no replaceable battery, and not being able to add additional storage space via MicroSD slot. NFC technology would potentially have been the future (Galaxy S3 has it), being able to beam/transfer things like pictures, pay for items at cash registers by swiping the phone etc , it could have been big if Apple would have also incorporated it (since apple products sadly do get preferred integration into everything (tvs, car stereos etc).
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #76
Hardie
Leaky Injector

Hardie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lovin this video atm:

Samsung slams Apple fans as out-of-date sheep | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au

Absolutely chops Iphone.
Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #77
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

I wasnt aware this is the apple hater thread. Get over your selves. Use what ever phone or whatever electronic device that works for YOU. End of story.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #78
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
I wasnt aware this is the apple hater thread. Get over your selves. Use what ever phone or whatever electronic device that works for YOU. End of story.
Every cell phone threads turns into an Android vs Apple thread. I fully expect someone to post a video or something about Android to counter the above video.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #79
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Every cell phone threads turns into an Android vs Apple thread. I fully expect someone to post a video or something about Android to counter the above video.
why not
iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Drop Test - YouTube
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #80
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a Galaxy s2 and its the shit...

apple would have to pay me to buy an iphone 5
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #81
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Got my iPhone 5 delivered to my house this morning and... it's very cool to me.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #82
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
This phone is unbelievably light. My only gripes are the shity maps and the screen size increase. The Maps app will get better with time and the muscle memory in my hand will adapt to the extra stretch from home button to top row.

AT&T LTE is fast as hell. Check my speedtest in downtown Lawrenceville GA.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #83
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Where the Iphone fails = no replaceable battery, and not being able to add additional storage space via MicroSD slot. NFC technology would potentially have been the future (Galaxy S3 has it), being able to beam/transfer things like pictures, pay for items at cash registers by swiping the phone etc , it could have been big if Apple would have also incorporated it (since apple products sadly do get preferred integration into everything (tvs, car stereos etc).
i agree-i like having the option to expand my memory, and i like being able to replace the battery if it dies instead of getting a whole new phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
i like the iphone, i just like my galaxy s3 more
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #84
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the 4g LTE speeds are insane...

I'd like to see what the battery life will be like.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #85
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
2 more months before upgrade
Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #86
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

This is SW ATLANTA AT&T iPhone 5
Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
They did the same commercials last year
Movies & Music - Samsung Galaxy S II, The Next Big Thing - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2lRRBbu2LU

They are funny imo
Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #88
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

The Next Crappy Thing is Already Here - Samsung Galaxy Sh*t - YouTube

I like the Galaxy SIII but I just can't get on board with a brand that has a shelf life of 6 months. The GS4 is supposed to drop February? WTF. At least I know the next iPhone won't drop until Next September/October.

Check this. http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-5-p...ailable-today/

Only 4 Android devises today are faster than the iPhone 4S while the 5 is now the fastest in the world.

Some Androids are cool as shit but nothing beats a JailBroken iPhone.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #89
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
The GS4 is supposed to drop February? WTF.
That's not going to happen. Even Samsung squashed that rumor.

Quote:
Some Androids are cool as shit but nothing beats a JailBroken iPhone.

This is all personal preference, but IMO Rooted Android device > Jailbroken iPhone.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #90
Hardie
Leaky Injector

Hardie is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had both and once you go S3 you will never go back. Also Rooted Android will always chop Jailbroken Iphone. Even non-rooted android can still do more than a Jailbroken Iphone, all apple products are limited by the hardware they use.
Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote