Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #61
4nmscle
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
4nmscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look you stupid fucking kid. It's a rom tune. How many times to I have to tell your stupid fucking ass that it is a ROM TUNE. I don't DO SHIT TO THE TUNE. IT IS A ROOOOOMMMMM TUUUUNNNNNE. I'm not even mad anymore man lol. I just can't wait to bring this shit up in every thread you post.
4nmscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 AM   #62
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
bring it up. Bring up that I said 12.4-6 AFR in boost. and watch your ass get clowned by people with real knowledge.

And it's a ROM TUNE. got it. YOU DIDN'T TUNE IT. SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GIVING TUNING ADVICE

I am willing to bet money I can make more power with less boost on your exact same setup then you with Max-lean AFR.

go fucking learn seriously.
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #63
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
i should probably get the android app. i upgraded my droid 4 to ICS and the physical keyboard isnt working right in the browser.

I believe Nistune does. i looked at Nismotronic in the past and was swayed in favor of Nistune. i don't remember what my exact reasoning was, but I trust my forgotten judgement.

with Nistune you can get the package (board, software, and cable), which is everything you need. the board will need to be soldered by someone with experience onto your existing ECU expansion header. the cable is a good investment, simply because other brand cables sometimes have trouble working with nistune, and that's what you'll use for monitoring / changing data and tracing. the software license is necessary too, obviously.
No jellybean for the 4?

I'll agree Nistune is better, but dudes beating up on rom tunes is just so biased. Do you seriously think any car running a rom tune at 400whp levels will blow up?? Have you heard of Codyace or his massive following??

Anyways, OP, Frank is right as far as the tuneability with Nistune. But don't be fooled into thinking that ROM tunes just don't work. A basic search will show plenty of members using them.

If you have the money, go real time. If you don't, research a little more on rom tunes and find the real truth behind them.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #64
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nmscle View Post
Your right Frank. Some how with me being the only person on earth to buy from JWT, they are still in business. You are right my friend. Carry on.
We're not arguing the merit of JWT. in fact I love JWT. i have their s1 cams and gears. you're starting to detract from the actual argument at hand because you have no footing. a lot of people buy rom tunes. a lot of people also piece together random parts and slap some unknown tune on top with a safc and wonder what went wrong.

If I were going to get a rom tune, I would go with JWT without even thinking about it. however ROM tunes are somewhere between someone using a SAFC and someone getting a proper dyno or street tune. this guy's asking about which is better,rom unes or nistune, and nistune is infinitely better if tuned properly. also you cannot rely on a tune (or MAF lol) to absorb major changes you make. if it's that conservative, you're wasting a fuckton of your engine / setup's potential, otherwise you're probably knocking.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #65
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
No jellybean for the 4?

I'll agree Nistune is better, but dudes beating up on rom tunes is just so biased. Do you seriously think any car running a rom tune at 400whp levels will blow up?? Have you heard of Codyace or his massive following??

Anyways, OP, Frank is right as far as the tuneability with Nistune. But don't be fooled into thinking that ROM tunes just don't work. A basic search will show plenty of members using them.

If you have the money, go real time. If you don't, research a little more on rom tunes and find the real truth behind them.
OP don't listen to this clown.

get a rom tune, and hope for the best.

or get nistune and know what the fuck your ecu is doing at all times.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 AM   #66
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
bring it up. Bring up that I said 12.4-6 AFR in boost. and watch your ass get clowned by people with real knowledge.

And it's a ROM TUNE. got it. YOU DIDN'T TUNE IT. SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GIVING TUNING ADVICE

I am willing to bet money I can make more power with less boost on your exact same setup then you with Max-lean AFR.

go fucking learn seriously.
I gave my results of using a rom tune. I never once gave advice on actual real time tuning. Do you realize how fucking retarded you are? Do you realize that 12.6 afr's are ideal for N/A cars and 11.7 is for boost? You didn't, and you still don't and boy let me tell you something, Ive been around this block and I don't think you realize what the fuck you are saying. My knowledge far exceeds yours. What is funny is that under another account you have thanked me multiple times and agreed with me, you just don't realize who I am yet. Keep it up though kid.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #67
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
We're not arguing the merit of JWT. in fact I love JWT. i have their s1 cams and gears. you're starting to detract from the actual argument at hand because you have no footing. a lot of people buy rom tunes. a lot of people also piece together random parts and slap some unknown tune on top with a safc and wonder what went wrong.

If I were going to get a rom tune, I would go with JWT without even thinking about it. however ROM tunes are somewhere between someone using a SAFC and someone getting a proper dyno or street tune. this guy's asking about which is better,rom unes or nistune, and nistune is infinitely better if tuned properly. also you cannot rely on a tune (or MAF lol) to absorb major changes you make. if it's that conservative, you're wasting a fuckton of your engine / setup's potential, otherwise you're probably knocking.
If you knew anything about JWT you would know that they do not ask for a mother fucking thing except Maf, injectors, compression, and octane. PERIOD. give them a call if your so sure they tune for cams and this and that bullshit. You are flat out wrong. I have had many many conversations with Ben and Clark at JWT.

I never argued a ROM BETTER overall, but for simplicity for a "moderate" horsepower level, it is a VERY effective option and the price can not be beat.

I'm done wasting breath. You two just want to duke it out over an opinion.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #68
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
No jellybean for the 4?

i had to flash my phone to stock in order the get the OTA update. it only took me about a year to get around to it, lol. i just checked and i do have jellybean. i remember applying a minor update after ICS, didn't even think about it. honestly i miss gingerbread. it seemed to utilize less resources, although I have yet to strip out bloat and unnecessary startup services.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #69
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

yeah 12.6 is For boost too genius.

Fucking look it up.

You don't even understand the difference between NA afr's and boost AFR's .. You are not making it richer to be safer you are only adding the same necessary amount needed for the extra air. the exact same way you would in an NA engine.
12.6 TRUE afr in boost = same amount of fuel to air RATIO as 12.6 AFR NA

Go fucking look it up seriously I mean god damn you are retarded. 12.6 AFR @ full boost will make you Maximum lean power guaranteed.
please, take 5 minutes and look it up. and then slap yourself.

IN BOOST GO LOOK IT UP. USE GOOGLE TO LEARN INSTEAD OF FOR YOUR ARGUMENTS
Old 03-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #70
4nmscle
BANNED

Just one more thing actually. Frank you don't sound to bad, seem to know your shit and I have no prior knowledge of you being a fucking retard so just one simple question and I will let this die.

Read my signature and tell this fucking Virus what you think about 12.6 at WOT in a boosted application. Make my fucking day.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:12 AM   #71
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
i had to flash my phone to stock in order the get the OTA update. it only took me about a year to get around to it, lol. i just checked and i do have jellybean. i remember applying a minor update after ICS, didn't even think about it. honestly i miss gingerbread. it seemed to utilize less resources, although I have yet to strip out bloat and unnecessary startup services.
I just froze most of the bloat ware. I think some of the shit they bloat with now you can't actually get rid of. Gingerbread's UI was way more friendly in my opinion, but jelly bean is pretty nice.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:12 AM   #72
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

For maximum lean power. make my fucking day. I'll start pulling up articles if need be
( that is assuming all other aspects are correct, valve timing, ignition timing etc )
Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #73
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
yeah 12.6 is For boost too genius.

Fucking look it up.

You don't even understand the difference between NA afr's and boost AFR's .. You are not making it richer to be safer you are only adding the same necessary amount needed for the extra air. the exact same way you would in an NA engine.
12.6 TRUE afr in boost = same amount of fuel to air RATIO as 12.6 AFR NA

Go fucking look it up seriously I mean god damn you are retarded. 12.6 AFR @ full boost will make you Maximum lean power guaranteed.
please, take 5 minutes and look it up. and then slap yourself.

IN BOOST GO LOOK IT UP. USE GOOGLE TO LEARN INSTEAD OF FOR YOUR ARGUMENTS
Hahahah. Alright man. Whatever you say.

I like your sig..
Old 03-31-2013, 02:18 AM   #74
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I gave my results of using a rom tune. I never once gave advice on actual real time tuning. Do you realize how fucking retarded you are? Do you realize that 12.6 afr's are ideal for N/A cars and 11.7 is for boost? You didn't, and you still don't and boy let me tell you something, Ive been around this block and I don't think you realize what the fuck you are saying. My knowledge far exceeds yours. What is funny is that under another account you have thanked me multiple times and agreed with me, you just don't realize who I am yet. Keep it up though kid.
is this your banned aggressive and angry arctic alter ego? relax bro.

i'm pretty much done with this discussion. i have to work in 4 hours for 12 hours. gonna be funnnnnnnn.

OP, do more research and make INFORMED decisions about everything you do. also just because you know a little about programming, doesn't mean you can tune. you need to learn alot about how a turbo engine works. once you've got the theory done, and you've read experiences and trstimonials, you can move on to getting your feet wet. nistune has documentation on their website (beginners guides and the like) that can assist you. $450 some might seem like a lot, but I think it's worth it.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:20 AM   #75
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

look. if you really have 14k$ worth of engine and rely on a rom tune. Seriously just don't ever attempt to give anyone advice about tuning ever. ever.
if you rely on your MAF to do adjustments for you for weather,turbo etc. Dont ever.. ever fucking ever give tuning advice.
If you think 11.4:1 afr in boost is a good thing, dont ever give someone tuning advice.

Another thing. Go learn about maximum lean power in boost.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 AM   #76
4nmscle
BANNED

This is my retards should be shot in the mouth ego. You should actually let it go. I've given you the chance to lay the fuck off and act civil.

12.6 afr's in boost it is OP. That's all you need to know.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:22 AM   #77
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just one more thing actually. Frank you don't sound to bad, seem to know your shit and I have no prior knowledge of you being a fucking retard so just one simple question and I will let this die.

Read my signature and tell this fucking Virus what you think about 12.6 at WOT in a boosted application. Make my fucking day.
Under WOT under boost 11.8 is about ideal. Just under 12 really. 12.6 is too lean.

I think I'm acting pretty civil. I will throw a shit fit though when people suggest MAFs can somehow account for setup changes. Sorry man, I can't condone giving someone new that sort of advice. They're going to blow their shit up because they think their now defunct (or possibly already defunct) tune is somehow safe.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:22 AM   #78
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

gurantee you I can take your exact same setup and tune for 12.6 and smoke your fucking car.

in the 1/8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #79
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Under WOT under boost 11.8 is about ideal. Just under 12 really.
And who or what made you think this is the ideal AFR for maximum power?

I can guarantee you under 12.0 you are wasting gas. and there is such a thing as TOO RICH detonation.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #80
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
look. if you really have 14k$ worth of engine and rely on a rom tune. Seriously just don't ever attempt to give anyone advice about tuning ever. ever.
if you rely on your MAF to do adjustments for you for weather,turbo etc. Dont ever.. ever fucking ever give tuning advice.
If you think 11.4:1 afr in boost is a good thing, dont ever give someone tuning advice.

Another thing. Go learn about maximum lean power in boost.
Go learn about tuning to MAX POWERS BRA and what happens when you detonate to a bad tank of gas or a hot day. I can not believe you are so fucking dumb that you are accusing me of the very retarded words that come from your blow hole.

Seriously, tuning for max LEAN power is better than being a little rich?? Man you just keep making yourself look good.

Expect this shit to be thrown in your face every chance possible. Easily enough quotes from your mouth to embarrass you for a month after you finally get a clue.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #81
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:

I can guarantee you under 12.0 you are wasting gas. and there is such a thing as RICH detonation.
He's right you fucking moron. Actually 11.7 is "spot on" for boosted apps. You are a fucking nut job if you think your ring lands aren't gone at 12.7 with 20+lbs of boost.

Read that shit twice man. Now you know something..
Old 03-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #82
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
gurantee you I can take your exact same setup and tune for 12.6 and smoke your fucking car.

in the 1/8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course you can. You admitted you were a fucking idiot exactly 2.5 months ago. Now you are the Nissan god.

Want me to show you a few members who's sig is a quote from the Virus himself: "I'm a fucking idiot"???
Old 03-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #83
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Like I said, with prope tuning a bad tank of gas is going to do nothing but slow you down.
Do you know why? your ecu would pick up the detonation and retard timing accordingly.

I mean jesus fuck.. pick up a book about tuning.

If you know how to fucking tune, yes tuning for maximum lean hp will not only make your car faster, but more efficient with quicker spooling, faster acceleration, more maximum torque..

Nissan god? I don't know much about nissans. But I do know tuning.

and NO 11.7 IS NOT TRY AGAIN.

Go get FORMAL knowledge not forum spread knowledge.

and I said that because I got so much hate for choosing an RB20.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #84
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:

I can guarantee you under 12.0 you are wasting gas. and there is such a thing as TOO RICH detonation.

quoted before you edit it...
Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 AM   #85
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

I won't edit shit. because I stand behind what I am talking about when it comes to tuning.

If you think you NEED to be at 11.7 or lower in AFR, you are tuning WRONG.

quote that motherfucker.

and I never said 12.7:1 afr. not once.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #86
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
Like I said, with prope tuning a bad tank of gas is going to do nothing but slow you down.
Do you know why? your ecu would pick up the detonation and retard timing accordingly.

If you know how to fucking tune, yes tuning for maximum lean hp will not only make your car faster, but more efficient with quicker spooling, faster acceleration, more maximum torque..

haha quoted yet again. Fuck this is good!!

You do know that relying on the factory knock sensor is a joke right?? Tuners actually listen for it, yes that's right, they listen for knock. Not read it off a fucking joke factory sensor that picks up bumps in the road more than detonation itself. Lol

Give me some more advice please. I am staying up late just for this!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #87
4nmscle
BANNED

Quote:
I won't edit shit. because I stand behind what I am talking about when it comes to tuning.

If you think you NEED to be at 11.7 or lower in AFR, you are tuning WRONG.

quote that motherfucker.

and I never said 12.7:1 afr. not once.
WHoa whoa, 12.6:1... my bad dude.

quoted!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #88
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

The factory knock sensor is ineffective and poor insurance against knocking. A car detonating under load will blow the welds off the intake manifold in short order.

EDIT: Beat me to it. Det cans reign supreme.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #89
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
haha quoted yet again. Fuck this is good!!

You do know that relying on the factory knock sensor is a joke right?? Tuners actually listen for it, yes that's right, they listen for knock. Not read it off a fucking joke factory sensor that picks up bumps in the road more than detonation itself. Lol

Give me some more advice please. I am staying up late just for this!
yes I know tuners can listen for knock. and not with the factory sensor. there are many different ways to listen/log knock.

I stand behind what I say. 12.6 @ full boost for maximum lean power.

I bet you don't even know what knock sounds like.

have you ever tuned anything in your life before? no. ROM TUNES ROM TUNES OMFG ROM TUNES

I awas never talking about relying on a factory knock sensor.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 AM   #90
4nmscle
BANNED

Haha, just acting like a 14 year now man. Oh well, you'll regret it.

12.6 it is. Too bad you didn't take your own advice and google this...

Looks like Frank is trying to help you realize your wrong as well.

Just take a hint man. This is for your own good.