Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #61
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really good read and puts a lot into perspective for me. I have been slowly building my car for about 7 years (read- 4 years downtime) and nowhere near the end result I want. Reading about all this and I just watched (for like the 100th time) the Evo going off the side of pikes peak, and the story told by the driver. Safety equipment is definitely something you should never do half way! Glad to hear you are ok and back in the 240 scene, can't wait to see what comes of the new build.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #62
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Detective Mamos on the case.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #63
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Codyace.

Glad you are okay. It was a good story to read to get your perspective on things, not that im happy this happened to you but its just good for others to get an idea of your experience and the tool it would take on someone.

Glad your back.

on the other hand will you be starting a build thread for this VVVVV

Quote:
Everyone said ‘get an S13, it’ll be better’...and on paper they are - but back to my reference in paragraph one, I wanted something different - I needed that Kouki S14. So my search focused on them….and dealing with the craziness of modern prices, and stuff. I got mine with under 60k, for 5500 bucks. MINT condition. Yea, good luck finding that again lol. Finally after much searching I found a SUITABLE (it’s pretty damn good IMO) replacement for 500 less than I paid for my first one. The car really is worth every penny. Strong engine/good trans/tight car. Black, 5 speed, and had some basic mods but not too crazy. I really lucked out. The second I saw it, I knew it was going to replace mine, and that I was going to be a new project that I could finally do things I never did to the first one, for one reason or another.

So with spring, comes the rebuild. I’m back into the groove again. Having caught up on stuff I had put off, it is now time to start playing with MY car again. I’ve got my crashed one up on jackstands, and I’ve got the new one next to it ready to start the swap. This one will be better than the last (a real cage, a real seat mount, and other intensive work), and I will hope to come back faster/stronger/better than before with it for the track season. IT will be fun to do the car again as there were so many ‘fixes’ I took over the years ‘just to make it to the track’, that I can now properly address and make better. I thought my car was good before, but after 10 years of growing pains, I can now really make the car I’ve always wanted.