Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #8791
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
well, it does say electric and fossil fuel powertrains so it's like a tiny shred of hope still there. but if the car was awesome and hybrid or electric I would at least consider it.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 AM   #8792
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm so done with Japanese cars and their absolutely horrible styling anymore. What the hell happened? In the 90's the stuff they were making was absolutely gorgeous.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #8793
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I'm so done with Japanese cars and their absolutely horrible styling anymore. What the hell happened? In the 90's the stuff they were making was absolutely gorgeous.

It's always been hit or miss. Also much of their stuff when left stock is hideous.

The 240sx, all years, without modification is far from "attractive".
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #8794
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I think the the s13 hatch is a pretty damn attractive car stock. It improves greatly with mods. The coupes are more of an enthusiast thing and really need to be modded to be attractive thing.

I just think of the FD RX-7. Still the most beautiful car from Japan IMO. With the direction Japan has went I honestly don't think they'll ever make anything that's so universally attractive.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #8795
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^Especially the Spirit R.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #8796
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

No, I'm talking about this acura and Lexus and ND Miata new age gayass so-called styling bullshit.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #8797
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Anymore most designs nail the details and accents while being shit in terms of proportions. Kia comes to mind. A rwd coupe from them would have to try to be ugly.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #8798
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Anymore most designs nail the details and accents while being shit in terms of proportions. Kia comes to mind. A rwd coupe from them would have to try to be ugly.
Ahhh... Thanks for reminding me.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #8799
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Ahhh... Thanks for reminding me.
Still one of the top 10 concept cars I've seen at the Detroit show in person. I've seen both the IDX and the Stinger in person and what the pics don't represent (much like the S14) the IDX is about the same height as the Stinger. I'd say they were probably within a couple inches in height of each other with the stinger being lower. But the IDX looks waaaay taller and bigger in pictures that it is in person. Its really hard to tell how grea the IDX was proportionally from pics.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 AM   #8800
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Still one of the top 10 concept cars I've seen at the Detroit show in person. I've seen both the IDX and the Stinger in person and what the pics don't represent (much like the S14) the IDX is about the same height as the Stinger. I'd say they were probably within a couple inches in height of each other with the stinger being lower. But the IDX looks waaaay taller and bigger in pictures that it is in person. Its really hard to tell how grea the IDX was proportionally from pics.
Proportionally the IDX in person was awesome. It's also why anyone who disses it on the net without ever seeing it in person have not a clue.

The IDX was great looking in person.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #8801
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Seriously, look at this thing in context. It's beautiful.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #8802
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I wouldn't hate it as much if it was one color
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #8803
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Old 04-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #8804
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Am I the only one that hates seeing these IDX pics?

It looks so fucking awesome. It makes me upset to know that Nissan won't be building it. Seeing these pics just makes me angry.
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #8805
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsal32 View Post
Am I the only one that hates seeing these IDX pics?

It looks so fucking awesome. It makes me upset to know that Nissan won't be building it. Seeing these pics just makes me angry.

I hate seeing them only because it looks so god damn awful.

The world doesn't need another retro economy car.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #8806
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

There are definitely retro styling cues but I wouldn't call it a retro car, not any more than the Z33.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #8807
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Looks way better than the s197 "retro look"
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:11 AM   #8808
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Thing looks horrible. I think I could like it if it was all one color and the front didn't look like such a mess. Also, what's with those weird fender flare rivet holes where there aren't flares or whatever they're supposed to be?

I will give them this though. At least they tried. Cars today are so plastic filled and boring, I really don't see much of anything that isn't an expensive sports car becoming a future classic. Like, imagine a Camry or Accord being cared for and loved 50 years down the road in the same way that people love the old VW beetles or the 50's Bel Airs. Not gonna happen. I feel like the IDX, if it had been made, could have had that potential.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:41 AM   #8809
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The IDX Freeflow is the more costumer looking version with out all the extra bits, including the fenders and retro livery. I did a whole bunch of photoshops of it back when it came out in the IDX thread.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:49 AM   #8810
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone succinctly describe / name the design trend of the IDX roof / pillars? The Stinger and GT-R have it too.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #8811
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Looks way better than the s197 "retro look"

'05-'10 Mustangs are disgusting.

The '11-14 is very crisp. I generally like the S550 '15+ but I'm not sold on the squinty face.

SN95 New Edge is prolly my all time favorite followed by the '67-'68 and '69-'70 Fastbacks.

The IDX is just all wonky and stubby looking. It reminds me of all the bullshit trendy Mini Cooper Rocket Bunny S13 Juke crap going on anymore.

I want a swept and fluid sports car, not a box with over fenders and exterior oil cooler.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #8812
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Can anyone succinctly describe / name the design trend of the IDX roof / pillars? The Stinger and GT-R have it too.

I believe it's called "Blindspot"
Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #8813
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
nissan called it the "floating roof line" i think.

the current maxima has it, just not executed the way it was originally intended to be.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #8814
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
'05-'10 Mustangs are disgusting.

The '11-14 is very crisp. I generally like the S550 '15+ but I'm not sold on the squinty face.

SN95 New Edge is prolly my all time favorite followed by the '67-'68 and '69-'70 Fastbacks.
What no 71 fastback love? I have a family 71 fastback in storage, you should buy it since you love mustangs. it's got a 302 and dem mag wheels, you should buy it, as I don't want it anymore

also, Boxy is love, Boxy is life. I love that square action
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #8815
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
What no 71 fastback love? I have a family 71 fastback in storage, you should buy it since you love mustangs. it's got a 302 and dem mag wheels, you should buy it, as I don't want it anymore

also, Boxy is love, Boxy is life. I love that square action

The 71-73 Body style is like a small Aircraft Carrier.

302 would have been the pussy V8 of that generation. 351 Cleveland 4V all the way.

If you really have one and are selling, hit me up pics and price.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #8816
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

All of the newer Nissan designs have the floating roof. Makes you think the idx was meant as a design study to see if people liked it.

Turns out it is the detail least cared about.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #8817
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
The 71-73 Body style is like a small Aircraft Carrier.

302 would have been the pussy V8 of that generation. 351 Cleveland 4V all the way.

If you really have one and are selling, hit me up pics and price.
I might actually think about it haha. I would have to get it up and running again first though, and that would take a little work. When I do I'll hit you up
Old 04-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #8818
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I might actually think about it haha. I would have to get it up and running again first though, and that would take a little work. When I do I'll hit you up

Running or not don't matter to me. I'd ditch the 302.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #8819
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
The new edge is the worst...mid 70s stangs looks better... Corbic your opinion on the idx doesnt mean anything since youre new edge comment. Im disgusted, and sad....but mostly disgusted.....
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #8820
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Running or not don't matter to me. I'd ditch the 302.
I would actually have a supposedly built and balanced 351 you could have if I did sell it haha. It would come out of this old boat. This has nothing with future rwd coupes though haha.

If I am selling it, you will be the first to be informed.

IDX was cool, I wouldn't even have minded its low power, so long as it was rwd turbo nissan.

Also think the IDX would've been cool if it was just front engine- rear drive, and not front-mid and rear drive . Front mid just is a pain in the ass, when I work on my little bros rx8 I am literally seething with hatred for it, and I don't think that should be the case when one works on cars.

Don't know what the true setup was for the IDX, but it would've been cool to just have another front engine rwd nissan around. It's only a matter of time before all the 240's die out from dem fuckbois, not that that really matter for any of us who already have 240's haha.