Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #841
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I just realized that 2 of my events this year didn't have any pictures, (and one was in my parents Mustang) no wonder why my file seemed lacking haha.

Some from Pocono Back in September

And one from my buddy who takes pics on the side...I liked his BW of it

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #842
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I just realized that 2 of my events this year didn't have any pictures, (and one was in my parents Mustang) no wonder why my file seemed lacking haha.

Some from Pocono Back in September

action shot
action shot
action shot
action shot

And one from my buddy who takes pics on the side...I liked his BW of it

action shot
Always wanted to take dad's 335i out to the track just to see how it'd do.

These are some great pictures though, how bad were you stomping on the American Muscle in the background?
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #843
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
You can get it from most sign shop vendors. I've used it when making signs for people. Nice stuff, little pricey though. I think it was nearly double the cost of plywood for the same size sheet, but I also bought mine in red for the sign

And FWIW: It's Alumalite

Quick Random Google result: Alumalite | Alumalite Panel | Alumalite Sign Board | Laminators Inc.
Thanks Cody, but I was more looking for like a quick checkout vs. calling, but this might just be one of those things I have to call and stuff....

You know how much it would cost for the material for splitter size?
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #844
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
Always wanted to take dad's 335i out to the track just to see how it'd do.

These are some great pictures though, how bad were you stomping on the American Muscle in the background?
Admittedly the Camaro is pretty quick in the background, full suspension and full slicks...he and I are usually back and forth (I usually run 10 psi/285ish hp) most of the day. Now if I crank the boost up I can stay ahead of them without an issue, but i like the challenge when I'm down on power purposely

Oh and the 335i would be a fun car for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Thanks Cody, but I was more looking for like a quick checkout vs. calling, but this might just be one of those things I have to call and stuff....

You know how much it would cost for the material for splitter size?
Totally understood on the online checkout vs calling.

I'd truthfully look for local sign shops (or supply shops), and ask them/email them...I'd say it would be the cheaper way rather than paying for a big sheet.

Total size wise I couldn't tell you as I've never actually made one. I've got two Nascar Splitters here (which are not very deep...they have the width but not nearly the depth, and I'd love to have one...at the same time though I'd almost require a wing then to keep it settled, and I really dont' want to put a wing on my car. With my car retaining the factory plastic under-tray I may just leave it as it is.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #845
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad 2NR View Post
Care to show pics of how the lift-gate was re-inforced?

Damn, down under does it HARD!
sorry for late reply i forgot to check this thread until now

STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #846
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You can get it from most sign shop vendors. I've used it when making signs for people. Nice stuff, little pricey though. I think it was nearly double the cost of plywood for the same size sheet, but I also bought mine in red for the sign

And FWIW: It's Alumalite

Quick Random Google result: Alumalite | Alumalite Panel | Alumalite Sign Board | Laminators Inc.
spot on! i got mine from a sign writing joint
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 AM   #847
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

think this might be some thing u guys might be interested in

very respectable build

my type x rig ***circuit car with rego*** - Hardtuned.net
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #848
SPATURBODAVE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
SPATURBODAVE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some pic's of my S14 at Pocono..

SPATURBODAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #849
codyace
Post Whore!

I never got a chance to ask you guys about the car when I was at NJMP and you guys were there with the WTAC stuff. Mods and the sort? I was busy troubleshooting my own CAS related issue early in the day, thank goodness I had a spare in the truck

Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #850
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
this is my second s13 i made for grip, first one i had stretched tires to grip lol, never knew this thread existed, for GRIP, i want to drift later,

but my set up is now

Motor : Stock KA24DE with cone filter
Wheels : Federal Rs-R 255/40/17 on Rpf01 17x9+22 all around.
Brakes : Q45 Fronts Z31 caliper bracket/Altima Rotor upgrade on poterfield R4S with Super Blue ATE Dot 4 Fluid
Suspension : Zeal Function D 6 Way adjustable 9k front 7k rear swift springs, SPL Titanium Ruca and Toe Rod, Spl Tension Rod, Moog Z32 inner tie rods w/ SPL V5 outer tie rods, F/R Strut Tower bars, Custom J.Walta C Pillar Bar, Stock front swaybar, Hica's rear sway bar, Jonnie Fraz Fender brace and TC brace.
Drivetrain : One piece drive shaft steel, J30 diff, SPL V2 Solid Subframe Bushings
Alignment : F -2.5 camber, 1/32 toe in R -2.2 camber, 1/8 toe in and corner balanced @ West End.
Exhaust : RSR EX MAG & 2.5 aspec blastpipes, ran both exhaust.

Future upgrades : OS GIKEN/KAZZ 1.5 way, Tanabe F/R Sways.

old s13 on stretched tires R.I.P.

current car

OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.

Last edited by hOngsterr; 01-15-2013 at 09:57 PM..
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #851
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPATURBODAVE View Post
Some pic's of my S14 at Pocono..

Nice Set up!

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #852
bogert
BANNED

bogert is an unknown quantity at this point
All of the tracks were awesome but I think only the best drivers can drive on such roads.
bogert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #853
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
this is my second s13 i made for grip, first one i had stretched tires to grip lol, never knew this thread existed, for GRIP, i want to drift later,

but my set up is now

Motor : Stock KA24DE with cone filter
Wheels : Federal Rs-R 255/40/17 on Rpf01 17x9+22 all around.
Alignment : F -2.5 camber, 1/32 toe in R -2.2 camber, 1/8 toe in and corner balanced @ West End.

Future upgrades : OS GIKEN/KAZZ 1.5 way.[/B]
Your car will benefit greatly from an LSD, more camber, a stiffer front bar and 245/40s.

For now, more front camber could definitely increase your grip in corners; the RS-Rs have relatively soft sidewalls. I was running -3.5 degrees after my last alignment and still had minor shoulder wear with my XS. Check out the picture you posted; it shows both sidewall flex and camber gain before the car's at its cornering limit.

The reasons why I recommend 245/40s for NA KAs with 9" wheels is twofold: the 245 is less square and has a shorter sidewall for increased response, and it has a smaller OD for clearance and gearing.

The LSD provides a mild stabilizing effect under trail-braking allowing you to come in harder and later and make up some time you lose because you have little power. The increased corner exit bite is nice, too.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #854
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Your car will benefit greatly from an LSD, more camber, a stiffer front bar and 245/40s.

For now, more front camber could definitely increase your grip in corners; the RS-Rs have relatively soft sidewalls. I was running -3.5 degrees after my last alignment and still had minor shoulder wear with my XS. Check out the picture you posted; it shows both sidewall flex and camber gain before the car's at its cornering limit.

The reasons why I recommend 245/40s for NA KAs with 9" wheels is twofold: the 245 is less square and has a shorter sidewall for increased response, and it has a smaller OD for clearance and gearing.

The LSD provides a mild stabilizing effect under trail-braking allowing you to come in harder and later and make up some time you lose because you have little power. The increased corner exit bite is nice, too.
XS meaning Kuhmo tires? Yeah i know i would benefit from a LSD, but it's going to cost me so, thats why im gathering all the bits first, so i can buy the LSD. As for now im just going for fun, im not making breaking times at that, but i would love to have better times. But for the 255/40 all around i just did it to see how it'd be anyways, mistake on my part, should of ran staggered and gone from there.
Thanks for chiming in!

Also, would a hica's steering rack really make a difference or would the stock rack be ok?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #855
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Don't stagger, it makes the car understeer on turn-in and rotate poorly if you don't trail-brake harder than your current brake setup can handle on a summer day at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow. Also, there's little to be gained in traction since you're probably droop-limited (I'm severely droop-limited) and are unloading the inside tire.

The stock non-HICAS rack works well but given the local SoCal tracks' tightness, I'm switching to a HICAS rack when funds permit.

Yes, I meant the Kumhos, sorry.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #856
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Don't stagger, it makes the car understeer on turn-in and rotate poorly if you don't trail-brake harder than your current brake setup can handle on a summer day at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow. Also, there's little to be gained in traction since you're probably droop-limited (I'm severely droop-limited) and are unloading the inside tire.

The stock non-HICAS rack works well but given the local SoCal tracks' tightness, I'm switching to a HICAS rack when funds permit.

I'm staggered setup (245/265) and never had an issue with oversteer or hard to rotate? In fact my car really comes through well when applying power, I'm not sure if I'd not like it any other way. Granted I'm on street tires (NT05's) and not slicks too, but even at high speed tracks like the Glen and NJMP I don't have issues, nor tight ones like Pocono South or East.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #857
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Same here I run 235 255 on the track with Starspecs front and RE11R's on the rear. Never had a problem....

But I think running same size tires in the front would help braking stability and distance more... Going to try that soon....

But truthfully comes down to alignment don't you think?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #858
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:

how are the XS? I read they perform pretty well, but never seen them at tracks, Whats your opinion on them?

Quote:
Same here I run 235 255 on the track with Starspecs front and RE11R's on the rear. Never had a problem....

But I think running same size tires in the front would help braking stability and distance more... Going to try that soon....

dang, with some baller tires!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #859
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:

My car has good stability really in all aspects, and I personally have aligned it to what I like. I always put a smidge of toe in the rear to help with higher speed stability, and for applying power early out of corners.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #860
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I never got a chance to ask you guys about the car when I was at NJMP and you guys were there with the WTAC stuff. Mods and the sort? I was busy troubleshooting my own CAS related issue early in the day, thank goodness I had a spare in the truck
WTF! I saw both of you guys (your cars) that day! Haha, I didn't realize that was you Cody! It was that weekend at NJMP that was hot as balls right? I didn't have my 240 though (too expensive for my blood), I was just there to watch a few friends :/

And Paul, I was diggin and laughin at the domo on your windshield that day haha. I have 4 similar ones on mine.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #861
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
how are the XS? I read they perform pretty well, but never seen them at tracks, Whats your opinion on them?
They're not bad at all. I've heard they heat-cycle out quickly, but mine've been overheated, overdriven, and put up wet but they're exhibiting no negative traits at this point. I'm able to keep up with Miatas on R-comps under braking and cornering so I'm convinced of their competence.

I suppose the stagger is more of a driver preference thing, and I prefer my cars to rotate very, very well given the nature of Horsethief Mile and my local mountain roads. At Horsethief, front grip is hugely important.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #862
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
My car has good stability really in all aspects, and I personally have aligned it to what I like. I always put a smidge of toe in the rear to help with higher speed stability, and for applying power early out of corners.
I agree, but I want braking distance like the 993GTRS's hahaha I run with them on the track, its freaking ridiculous at late they can brake....

I toe in a rear .20" and with 7.5 stoke castor in the front, I think it handles and rotates well around the apex.... But a lot of time attackers are using non staggered like Scorch Racing or Exceed Moat... I think AceInTheHole also does non-staggered for his autox stuff....

Already running 300zx iron calipers with Carbotech XP12 and XP8 rears....

I think probably too much front end weight has a lot to do with it....
Fiberglass the front end, should help a little... but oh wellz....
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #863
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
They're not bad at all. I've heard they heat-cycle out quickly, but mine've been overheated, overdriven, and put up wet but they're exhibiting no negative traits at this point. I'm able to keep up with Miatas on R-comps under braking and cornering so I'm convinced of their competence.

I suppose the stagger is more of a driver preference thing, and I prefer my cars to rotate very, very well given the nature of Horsethief Mile and my local mountain roads. At Horsethief, front grip is hugely important.
Front grip is pretty much always important, but rotation of the car you can mess with by changing castor closer to 8 should help it a lot....
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #864
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
WTF! I saw both of you guys (your cars) that day! Haha, I didn't realize that was you Cody! It was that weekend at NJMP that was hot as balls right? I didn't have my 240 though (too expensive for my blood), I was just there to watch a few friends :/

And Paul, I was diggin and laughin at the domo on your windshield that day haha. I have 4 similar ones on mine.

I can't remember the weather, but the World Time Attack cars were there too. I had a CAS issue earlier in the day, and then the wastegate vibrated the back bolt off, and I was running around at 7-8 or so PSI due to the leak (slow car that day)...big change being down 100hp in the thing, it's a entirely different car. I was there with a Red NX2000 (Modded VVL)

Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #865
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I can't remember the weather, but the World Time Attack cars were there too. I had a CAS issue earlier in the day, and then the wastegate vibrated the back bolt off, and I was running around at 7-8 or so PSI due to the leak (slow car that day)...big change being down 100hp in the thing, it's a entirely different car. I was there with a Red NX2000 (Modded VVL)
I saw someone in a clean black kouki that looked like the one you posted on the top of this page. Had just a number on the side like that too. I only saw it once or twice that weekend though. It was definitely the day when the world time attack guys were there...with those....scions...
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #866
codyace
Post Whore!

Yeap, had to be me then for sure. I always run s14 or 14 on the car, and that's it.

Oh...yea those 'scions'...I caught all sorts of flack on SpeedHunters for asking how on earth they came up with their lap times, when I was in timing/scoring on that day at different points and never saw times that fast. I know DentSport was running well, as was that Hankook Suby (with 800whp I hope it does)...but tht Scion ran like poop.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #867
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I agree, but I want braking distance like the 993GTRS's hahaha I run with them on the track, its freaking ridiculous at late they can brake....
Huge brakes, and wide wheels help that though too

Quote:
and rotates well around the apex.... But a lot of time attackers are using non staggered like Scorch Racing or Exceed Moat...
Oh without a doubt if I could, I would...I just can't shove too much in the wheel wells. I'm thinking I could fit a 255 R comp all around, but I'd probably be better off running a 275 out back just as I can kinda deal. If I could run 275 all around I'd love it.

Quote:
I think AceInTheHole also does non-staggered for his autox stuff....
As far as the autocross the king there is to fit as much rubber as you can. I swore he was a 275f295r but I could be wrong for sure.

Quote:
Already running 300zx iron calipers with Carbotech XP12 and XP8 rears....

I think probably too much front end weight has a lot to do with it....
Fiberglass the front end, should help a little... but oh wellz....
The Z calipers served me well, and going with the larger 13" Cobra rotor helped them, but the WilWood DefSport/Skullworks setup was a night and day difference (not to mention better modulation). I didn't think it would be that drastic but it was huge...I'm 12/12 too, man is it fun stopping

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #868
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Pretty sure PJ runs 285/315s.

And I'm so anxious to get my Wilwoods on!
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #869
slider2828
Post Whore!

I saw that deal on NRR... how does it make a huge difference? is it because of the bigger rotor diameter? or thicker? I know for sure they are lighter....
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #870
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Rotors are lighter, so the car has better turn-in and the front dampers work a little better. The pad is huge and the calipers, brackets and hats are nice and stiff so it's easy to modulate.

I run XP10s and XP8s and had trouble keeping heat in the XP10s this last track day, even on a short track, but I'm also at 2425lbs or so with driver.