Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #8341
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
for those of you that drift 17x9's quick questions can you guys turn the wheel all the way with no problems or does it hit the inside of the wheel well? towards where the motor is? I have 17x9 +20 offset with 225/45 tires and when i turn the steering wheel all the way I am hitting/rubbing the inside of the tire well, towards where the motor is at, Its quite hard to explain, also if I add a 10mm spacer would that help not rub on the inside and just get my fenders rolled? PM me if you want more info and could help me
I'm running 17x9+22 with 225/45 Star Specs up front with no spacers as of right now, and at full lock while drifting I just barely touch the inner wheel well (stock steering angle). I rub against the actual fender though a little bit. If you want to prevent it from rubbing, just take the wheel off, look for where the wheel rubs (you'll be able to tell), and beat the hell out of those spots with a hammer or something... And rolling your fenders is probably a must. Idk if height matters but I'm at this height with no problems.

Shoot me a PM or something if you need more clearance pics or whatever.

Last edited by Irresistible; 10-30-2011 at 12:16 AM..
Irresistible is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #8342
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
how slow/fast does your power windows roll up/down?
mine is kind of slow, its kind of annoying. is there any way to fix this to make it a lil faster?
does anyone know?

same with my a/c blower, my 97 corolla blows harder than my 240.

i was thinking about rewinding the motors? any electrician here?
i have the same issue... slow windows travel.... what i do is i rev it up abit when parked and the windows tend to go up a bit faster... im guess cuz of the 20yr old motors, they tend to wear down....
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #8343
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Im about to take apart my j30 vlsd to shim it. Does anybody havE the part number for the different size shims?

The tech section is down so I can't find them for te life of me. I know what thread and page I can find it but it's down. So if anybody has the list for the part numbers and sizes I would highly appetieate it. Thanks
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #8344
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Im about to take apart my j30 vlsd to shim it. Does anybody havE the part number for the different size shims?

The tech section is down so I can't find them for te life of me. I know what thread and page I can find it but it's down. So if anybody has the list for the part numbers and sizes I would highly appetieate it. Thanks
If you know the thread and page, use googlecache. It's what I've been doing. site:zilvia.net "thread name" "Page number"
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #8345
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
I've all ready done that multiple times. When I get on it it's says"future you are not authorized to ......"

Here it is. I'm pretty sure what I need is on page two

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/200226...30-vlsd-4.html
Old 10-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #8346
machuca212
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
machuca212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im thinking bout getting some coupe doors for my vert but the coupe doors dont have windows. how hard and what would i have to do to switch my window glass over from my vert doors to the coupe doors? thanks
machuca212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #8347
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I've all ready done that multiple times. When I get on it it's says"future you are not authorized to ......"

Here it is. I'm pretty sure what I need is on page two

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/200226...30-vlsd-4.html
Paste this into google search. You're welcome.

cache:http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/200226...30-vlsd-2.html
Old 10-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #8348
future
Post Whore!

Did that and google gave me error 404 -_-

If you can get on can you screen shot the post with all the size shims
Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #8349
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Did that and google gave me error 404 -_-

If you can get on can you screen shot the post with all the size shims
My bad, it's truncated. Use this. Shimming an R200 or J30 vlsd - Page 2 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #8350
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
s15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
i have the same issue... slow windows travel.... what i do is i rev it up abit when parked and the windows tend to go up a bit faster... im guess cuz of the 20yr old motors, they tend to wear down....

i will try that, but thats gay how u gota rev it up all the time. i wonder how much the window motor cost new at the dealer and if they still have some left in stock. i will have to make a call
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #8351
future
Post Whore!

Thanks prime. I really appreciate it!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #8352
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
i will try that, but thats gay how u gota rev it up all the time. i wonder how much the window motor cost new at the dealer and if they still have some left in stock. i will have to make a call
Might have to do with old wiring too. Older wires don't conduct as well. But you can also buy a remanufatured motor from a parts store or something.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #8353
aNtAg0n1sT
Leaky Injector

aNtAg0n1sT is an unknown quantity at this point
In-car Air Vent Drink Can Bottle Cup Holder Stand Black | eBay
aNtAg0n1sT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #8354
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
can anyone confirm this is the S14 A/c Fan plug?

what would be the best way to hook up my own elec fan using this plug?
Thers only 2 wires off my Mishi elec fan I pan to use,..and Looks like 4 Pins on the OEM body Plug.

Does the OEM a/c fan use 2 speeds (fast/faster) depending on temp it see's? or how does it actually work?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #8355
defcon86nwh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
defcon86nwh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The search function sucks on tapatalk so I'm just gonna ask.

I have a 95 abs auto car what are my options for a 5spd drive shaft? Do I have to use a abs driveshaft or can I use a non?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
defcon86nwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #8356
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

justinbyrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon86nwh View Post
The search function sucks on tapatalk so I'm just gonna ask.

I have a 95 abs auto car what are my options for a 5spd drive shaft? Do I have to use a abs driveshaft or can I use a non?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

you have to use a abs shaft, abs shafts are shorter due to the extra length on the diff from the abs sensor

check out S13 S14 Manual drive shaft [Archive] - JDMCITY.COM bottom post has all the info you need on auto to manual drive shaft swaps
justinbyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #8357
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
can anyone confirm this is the S14 A/c Fan plug?

Thers only 2 wires off my Mishi elec fan I pan to use,..and Looks like 4 Pins on the OEM body Plug.

Does the OEM a/c fan use 2 speeds (fast/faster) depending on temp it see's? or how does it actually work?
Here is a quick image I found:

from this guide: Electric Fans in a s14

Hope that helps you out

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #8358
gprb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
gprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
can anyone confirm this is the S14 A/c Fan

Yes, that is the a/c fan plug. From what I know, the stock a/c fan only has one speed.

Do you have the stock a/c fan? You could always cut the plug off of that, leave enough wire and solder to new fan. Is your new fan 2 speed? Make sure to do research to make sure the OEM fuse can handle the amp draw.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #8359
imverus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
imverus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imverus View Post
What heat range plugs should i get for this setup? Planning on getting NGK iridium and i'm running 14-15psi. Should i get heat range 7 or 8?

s13 blacktop sr20det
-s15 t28
-stock internals
-sard 550cc injectors
-z32 maf
-Front mount intercooler
-Full 3 inch exhaust
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-300zx fuel filter
-apexi air filter
Bumpppppppppppp
imverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #8360
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Quote:
Originally Posted by imverus View Post
Bumpppppppppppp
go with 7's duders.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #8361
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
What fuel pressure do you guys run on SR's with 300ish HP?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #8362
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I will be installing my first clutch, well re-installing it. I took the disc and plate off as one, separate from the flywheel. Do I still need a clutch alignment tool?

Also, is the pilot bushing supposed to be greased?
Anyone? Help?
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #8363
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, is it necessary to run two O2 sensors? One of mine the wires are cut and I have no clue where they go, and the other is an AEM and is fine. The AEM is the second one. KA-T here.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #8364
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just got my redtop SR20DET running. 370s/S15 T28/stock maf. Wouldn't start because of a bad cas.

Now I have a problem of it cutting out/misfiring when it gets anywhere near boost. Revs fine in neutral until it hits about 0-1 psi of boost. Then it starts cutting up. Same as when trying to drive. It cuts out when it gets anywhere near boost.

Vacuum is at 21 hg and I've read that it is normally around 18-22 hg; so that seems fine and leads me to think that there are no vacuum leaks. Double checked all couplers and I don't think it's a boost leak. Adjusted the timing and got it to run real nice at idle; sounds very smooth, unlike the cam-like sound it had before.

Is it possible that it is the spark plugs? They are quite black. Would they cause such a big problem or a cut/misfire? If so, should i get NGK BRK7Es and what gap should I set them at? Thanks.
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #8365
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I need help with heater core hose on s13 sr20 into s14 chassis. Where does top and bottom hose connect into or does it matter.
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #8366
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm no mechanic but it sounds like your blowing you spark out. And they might be fouled out. Try replacing them
killer skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 PM   #8367
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer skittle View Post
I'm no mechanic but it sounds like your blowing you spark out. And they might be fouled out. Try replacing them
Yeah, that's what it seems to be. When I pulled them, they were black from carbon. I was recommended to use NGK BKR6E11s and gap them at .028. Anyone have an opinion on that?
igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #8368
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hi, I know this might sound stupid/noob/idiotic but just wanna know your opinion. im having my differential welded, do i remove it drain the fluid and clean it with brake parts cleaner before i take it to the shop and have it welded ? is it necessary for it to be nice and clean? or can i take it all greased up? thanks! =)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #8369
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Im real tired of my apexi dual n1 style exhaust, has anyone ever cut the 2 canisters and just replaced it with 2 pipes, for that blast pipe look?
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #8370
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
Also, is it necessary to run two O2 sensors? One of mine the wires are cut and I have no clue where they go, and the other is an AEM and is fine. The AEM is the second one. KA-T here.
Not needed at all, so long as you have a narrowband output for the ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreek View Post
Now I have a problem of it cutting out/misfiring when it gets anywhere near boost. Revs fine in neutral until it hits about 0-1 psi of boost. Then it starts cutting up. Same as when trying to drive. It cuts out when it gets anywhere near boost......cause such a big problem or a cut/misfire? If so, should i get NGK BRK7Es and what gap should I set them at? Thanks.
I'd check for a boost leak, and then make sure they are gapped to .025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitzio240sx View Post
hi, I know this might sound stupid/noob/idiotic but just wanna know your opinion. im having my differential welded, do i remove it drain the fluid and clean it with brake parts cleaner before i take it to the shop and have it welded ? is it necessary for it to be nice and clean? or can i take it all greased up? thanks! =)
Yes, you'll drain it, and then take it to them, where they will clean it and drain the rest and then weld it.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote