Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #8191
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Even if it ends up looking like the Optima... Epic hottage.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Wish it was a two door
The fact that it's going to take cues from the Stinger makes me think the Stinger is going to be right behind.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #8192
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
So Kia approved the GT sedan for production which will be RWD, 3.3 turbo and 389hp horsepower. Oh and the styling will be inspired by the Stinger concept. Kia and Hyundai have all he balls right now.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/25/k...oduction-2017/
except its autotragic only from what I've read on autoblog

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:20 AM   #8193
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(looks at autoblog sees this...sighs)

can somebody copy this m/p...
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #8194
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
except its autotragic only from what I've read on autoblog

Yeah that would be be unfortunate. We'll see. Kia is trying to set itself up as a sporty brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
(looks at autoblog sees this...sighs)

can somebody copy this m/p...
I hate the front of that car.

And here's an article about GM's techniques with the lightening CT6. Pretty awesome.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/mixed...ans-structure/
Old 01-26-2016, 08:45 AM   #8195
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
pictures dont do it justice; the Ferrari FF looks good in real life...esp in red..oh my
Old 01-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #8196
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yeah, I don't like the grill. but, when you see it in person it's not bad.
a s15 front end will flow and look better.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:05 PM   #8197
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
a s15 front end will flow and look better.
sure it will, since Forrever

Ha, ha...
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:36 AM   #8198
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
So in summary, is it safe to say that the lower level, $30K RWD market is going to be Ford, Subaru, Toyota and KIA?

What the hell happened to Honda and Nissan.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 AM   #8199
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
So in summary, is it safe to say that the lower level, $30K RWD market is going to be Ford, Subaru, Toyota and KIA?

There's been rumors for an S2000 return but nothing concrete yet.

Nissan has teased us over the years with two concepts but won't bite the bullet. The designer of the IDX genuinely thought (I chatted with him about it and he was super bummed) it was going to see production but the bean counters couldn't build a case for it i.e. Ghosn strikes again.

I actually have more faith we'll see an S2000 before we get a RWD coupe below the Z.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #8200
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Since when was Honda ever in the "lower level" RWD game?

The S2K was $30k back in 1999. That's over $40k in today's money.

So if Honda brought out a new S2k, don't be surprised if it's a 40-50k Boxster fighter again.

Nissan still has the 370Z which is $29,900. It's just ugly and underwhelming.

I always go back to the 350Z.

In 2003 it made 287hp compared to the 260hp Mustang GT. It also cost $28k to the Mustangs $24k.

By 2005, the Mustang got the 300hp 3V engine and moved up to the 28k price range. The Z held at 29k with 300hp Rev and 305hp HR engines.

On paper and in person it was more impressive then a Mustang. Interior was nicer, handling was better, power was good.

Then the 5.0 came out, the 2011 update and now the S550. The 370Z was a marginal performance improvement with worse ergonomics and styling then the 370Z. Everything seemingly shits all over it at $30-35k.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #8201
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Since when was Honda ever in the "lower level" RWD game?

The S2K was $30k back in 1999. That's over $40k in today's money.

So if Honda brought out a new S2k, don't be surprised if it's a 40-50k Boxster fighter again.

Nissan still has the 370Z which is $29,900. It's just ugly and underwhelming.

I always go back to the 350Z.

In 2003 it made 287hp compared to the 260hp Mustang GT. It also cost $28k to the Mustangs $24k.

By 2005, the Mustang got the 300hp 3V engine and moved up to the 28k price range. The Z held at 29k with 300hp Rev and 305hp HR engines.
How can you criticize me for mentioning Honda (1999) by inflating it to 'today's money'?

But in any case, if it's true that Nissan was indeed heading to bankruptcy, I could understand why they are playing it so safe. It's just sad to see, that's all.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #8202
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

But in any case, if it's true that Nissan was indeed heading to bankruptcy, I could understand why they are playing it so safe. It's just sad to see, that's all.
Oh it's true. It's well documented. Ghosn saved the day.

On another note. This does NOT suck.

The interesting thing though is what the hell platform is this going to be on!? It looks way to small for the Alpha platform. Are they going to bring back the the Kappa or have a new Kappa size platform? Awesome.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #8203
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Oh it's true. It's well documented. Ghosn saved the day.

On another note. This does NOT suck.

The interesting thing though is what the hell platform is this going to be on!? It looks way to small for the Alpha platform. Are they going to bring back the the Kappa or have a new Kappa size platform? Awesome.

What the hell is that?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #8204
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
What the hell is that?
the new opel GT roadster... automatic only, like 148hp.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #8205
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
How can you criticize me for mentioning Honda (1999) by inflating it to 'today's money'?

Because inflation was real and needs to be kept in context.

With an MSRP of $31,900 in 1999, that is $45,382 today.

The S2K never was and never will be an "affordable car". It was a mid range sports car.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #8206
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Because inflation was real and needs to be kept in context.

With an MSRP of $31,900 in 1999, that is $45,382 today.

The S2K never was and never will be an "affordable car". It was a mid range sports car.
The debate was never about affordability, it was about manufactures producing sub $30K RWD cars.
I mentioned Honda, which in 1999, produced a sub $30K RWD car and STOPPED. You shot that down in the name of 'inflation' and I 100% get that.

But then you go on to talk about the 350Z that was made four years later in 2003. So if the S2K doesn't count, then the 350Z can't count as well.

So what I don't get is why you would shoot me down for mentioning that Honda was one of the sub $30K RWD car manufactures. If they made one and stopped, then yes, I would think that I could mention them in the 'WTF, why did you stop' category.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #8207
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the new opel GT roadster... automatic only, like 148hp.
Yeah I don't care about it much in Opel form, I'm more interested In what it means for a new platform for GM. I remember the reason they didn't go ahead with the Code 190R concept (which was designed to directly compete with the frs/bro) was they didn't have a platform for it. Well lookey here.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #8208
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

But then you go on to talk about the 350Z that was made four years later in 2003. So if the S2K doesn't count, then the 350Z can't count as well.

So what I don't get is why you would shoot me down for mentioning that Honda was one of the sub $30K RWD car manufactures. If they made one and stopped, then yes, I would think that I could mention them in the 'WTF, why did you stop' category.

Honda never sold a "sub $30k" S2000. It was $31k when it launched and escalated in price over time. The last of them where $36k or whatever in 2008.

The 350Z launched at $26k and eventually peaked at $34k with the 370Z. It was only after it became clear that Nissan was dreaming and they repriced the outgunned POS at $30k.

So the point is, in the land of dreaming about $25k RWD cars, a future S2000 will never be that car. If Honda launched a new one, it will be positioned as it was 15 years ago. Just under the price of a Corvette or a Boxster.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #8209
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
So the point is, in the land of dreaming about $25k RWD cars, a future S2000 will never be that car. If Honda launched a new one, it will be positioned as it was 15 years ago. Just under the price of a Corvette or a Boxster.
Absolutely. IF they did it would definitely be in the $40's. Don't forget we live in a time with $40k Ford Focus'.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #8210
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^Just priced a fully loaded Ford Focus RS, it is $42,275. I would love to know the sales volume of the RS. You are well over Mustang GT prices at that point.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #8211
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

Cloud_Strife is an unknown quantity at this point
42k for a fully loaded Focus ;You guys have to be joking. Then again last time I was at the hyundai dealer, the fully loaded Genisis model was beyond that.

In Ford's defence, I went to a dealership while helping a girl buy a car a few years back. I tested the focus and was actually pretty surprised with its handling and power. It wasn't mesmerizing, but it was enlightening to see we dont produce pure garbage.
Cloud_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #8212
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
yes and the new focus RS is def something special.

amazing too the evolution the focus has gone thru since its inception

to think 12-13 years later weve gone from a crappy fwd zts zetec steeda to a turbo awd barn burner.

Tip of the hat to Ford
Old 01-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #8213
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
yes and the new focus RS is def something special.

amazing too the evolution the focus has gone thru since its inception

to think 12-13 years later weve gone from a crappy fwd zts zetec steeda to a turbo awd barn burner.

Tip of the hat to Ford
Yeah I'm amazed by the RS. I don't think $42 is ridiculous for what the car is. It's NOT a mustang. It's an Evo or an actual good lookin STI. Different buyers between the Mustang and RS all together. I don't think Ford will have a problem moving hem a bit. The ST sells like meth in a trailer park.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #8214
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Yeah I'm amazed by the RS. I don't think $42 is ridiculous for what the car is. It's NOT a mustang. It's an Evo or an actual good lookin STI. Different buyers between the Mustang and RS all together. I don't think Ford will have a problem moving hem a bit. The ST sells like meth in a trailer park.
What are you guys adding to get it up to $42k? I was on the configurator last week and adding just a sunroof (didn't see much else to add) topped me off at 37,500 after fees. Pretty damn good for what it is. 12 gallon tank is pretty small, but other than that, pretty bang for the buck package.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #8215
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
What are you guys adding to get it up to $42k? I was on the configurator last week and adding just a sunroof (didn't see much else to add) topped me off at 37,500 after fees. Pretty damn good for what it is. 12 gallon tank is pretty small, but other than that, pretty bang for the buck package.
Yeah I only got it to $38595. Close enough though. And I didn't mean that as a diss at all. I love the focus RS. Just saw it at the Deteoit show and drooled over it for a minute. That GT350 is something fucking else though.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #8216
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Yeah I only got it to $38595. Close enough though. And I didn't mean that as a diss at all. I love the focus RS. Just saw it at the Deteoit show and drooled over it for a minute. That GT350 is something fucking else though.
Yeah seriously. Ford's really putting in work as far as putting out higher performance models. They said they promised 12 high-performance models by 2020. Right now there's the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Raptor, GT350, and Ford GT. Wonder what else is coming up.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #8217
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

At that rate, do you think that they will bring back a 'sporty' contour or escort?

Isn't the older Ford Escort still respected in Europe?
Old 01-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #8218
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
At that rate, do you think that they will bring back a 'sporty' contour or escort?

You mean the 'Cossie' bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those cars were the Civic of Europe, with hot boys adding knockoff Cosworth aero to every base Escort.
Though the real ones are actually four-wheel drive turbo and pretty awesome.

Speaking of which, the Sierra Cosworth was even cooler because it was RWD. They should bring that back.

It would be neat to find one in the US for a 'wanting to be different' drift car. Unfortunately the American Ford Merkur fastback version has an ugly extra C pillar and the sedan and wagon were not available here, though it still had a turbo engine.

The post-facelift ones look like an R32 with giant headlights.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #8219
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Imagine backing up with that big ass wing
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #8220
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Yeah I'm not sure what else. They recently (yesterday it the day before) denied a Firsta RS. They have a great platform with the current Mustang platform. Why on Earth they have pulled Lincoln out of the gutter with that platform to truly compete with the 3 series/ATS/Q60 is beyond me.

The Flacon platform in Australia is dead errrrr dying soon. But that's official.