Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #781
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Faking the funk to the max. Only possible excuse I could think of is people do it for, "safety". But I know that isn't the case.

Just another way for people to fake the funk.
yep faking the funk. good way to make a 50 dollar frame worth 150+ because of the hot trend of "fixes" right now.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #782
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
From a worn and rusted College Green (similar to this)

To primed white.

I need new bearings. maybe a new crank. Part of me wants to try and restore it, the other part says upgrade.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #783
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

is that a pic of your stable?? somebody likes green schwinns....

schwinn's are typically heavy, for a beater it would be cool. But reasonable quality can be had at bikesdirect for cheap.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #784
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Lol, i wish. Random Google Search.

Tank road bike. I'm gettin my frame dirty from installing the bearings and crap back. =(
Old 12-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #785
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh hey, you have an integrated kickstand. busted might like that.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #786
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Just for you Busted. I kept it.

So i accidentally pushed a pin out too far and it completely came out.

So I left the derauler off and its a single speed with a 6 speed cassette.

Ri-tard mode.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #787
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by O3DigitalBath View Post
Yea, it's not hard with 46/19 that's like 64gi...I doubt I'd be able to do it on my 15t cog. I think that's close to like 81gi (what I ride for longer distance rides)
i run a
47/16 is my daily at 77
47/18 is my mountain gear at 68
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #788
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
god i hate car people on bike forums......

i think this is what they think in their head...

"lets go to bike forum, and start a thread about cars", or " im going to relate everything about bikes to cars"....
Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #789
O3DigitalBath
Zilvia Addict

O3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to O3DigitalBath
ha, I always see "iansmash" or whatever from here on a ton of bike boards
O3DigitalBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #790
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
god i hate car people on bike forums......

i think this is what they think in their head...

"lets go to bike forum, and start a thread about cars", or " im going to relate everything about bikes to cars"....
if you think that's bad, you should read a bike thread on a car forum.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #791
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
there is a thread on bikeforums.net abotu the relation to car guys and bikes in the fg/ss foru
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #792
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
if you think that's bad, you should read a bike thread on a car forum.
Or a car forum about bikes in a car forum.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #793
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
Or a car forum about bikes in a car forum.
oh fuck, ow
Old 12-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #794
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
RIDE TONIGHT!

Inland Empire

Riverside Near UCR

3615 Canyon-Crest Drive Riverside, CA

Getaway Cafe

Tuesday Dec 15

Arrive @ 8:30
Leave to ride @ 9:00
Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #795
YEEEEmike
Leaky Injector

YEEEEmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
i run a
47/16 is my daily at 77
47/18 is my mountain gear at 68
how you like 47/16?
16 skid patches, you must love it.
im planning to go 46/17. a perfect mix between tricking/mashing.
YEEEEmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #796
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Strpped, painted.

Its a 62. Single piece crankset.

Random problem - When i'm riding, eventually, the locking nut and retainer washer come loose, making the entire crank become wobbly. Any fixes? I've tried securing the nut on tighter, but it just makes pedalling a bitch. Yea, I've used copious amounts of grease for the bearings.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #797
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
laying around

updated my fixed

uglymobile

Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #798
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

/\ loctite or 2-3 piece crankset
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #799
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Dammit Lobby.

Seeing your horns, I wanna find my angle grinder.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #800
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

flop n' chop? you are already half way there lol...

If you are ever near the sgv area I would give you a set of flop and chops off my old schwinn... good luck cutting that thick schwinn steel.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #801
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Oh la la! Yea. I've got some fun ahead of me.

I wanna get a set of Origin8 spacer kits to delete the other cogs on the rear. Singlespeed cheap mode.

I'm going to test out my average speed with my crap GPS.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #802
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Why even take out the other cogs? Cheap mode would be not spending any money at all... or using that cutting tool you mentioned and cut each cog off.

Wired bike computer is like 10bucks at walmart, I think wireless one is like 15-20
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #803
SochBAT
Post Whore!

As it sits now, It's got all cogs on there still. Looks a bit gaudy. Brake parts cleaner/degreaser it up. Repaint. Clearcoat.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #804
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Dammit, are there any other local bike forums? LAFIxed has the shittiest setup ever.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #805
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post

Single piece crankset.

Shit.

3 piece will make you wonder why they even exist.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #806
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
robby, what happened to the cinelli bar/stem setup on the green bike. i wanttttt
Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #807
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

The cinelli is a clamp on TT system for 26mm, I have it off at the moment.

Your interested in buying it?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #808
SochBAT
Post Whore!

the-climb.net has retarded good deals right now.

Anyone wanting to get into riding, jump on it.

PS. He's located in SGV. In SoCal.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #809
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

This black frame is for sale 80.00

Fork, Quill (SunTour), Frame, Bottom Bracket and Crank (SunTour) w arms

Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #810
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
SizeSEize?? Size? Lol and howmucho for the cinelli setup