Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #7981
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Yes I did, I've checked the ignitor chip, resistor, coil, idk what else to try.. I'm on my second dizzy too
If you've followed the FSM it would lead you to a point where it says to replace certain parts...

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #7982
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
thanks for the feedback, i do have a muffler on it. the question was about adding a 12"x2.5" resonator to the combination. sorry, i shouldve been a bit more specific. but will it still get raspy with the resonator and muffler? thanks
It shoudl help quiet that combo down. One thing for sure, is that exhaust experience can be hit or miss...it's not an exact science if ya know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Anything?.. I asked and I got an answer that didn't pertain to my question..
If the pinouts are the same, it should.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #7983
PIN GIO 2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
PIN GIO 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PIN GIO 2
I got ichiba 25mm spacers on front ichiba 5 lugs... i got problem 5 lugs stud are not cover for wheels.. i wonder do i have to cut stud little? if you are not sure what i mean then i will post up picture tmw
PIN GIO 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #7984
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Lol I love Canadians. Post a pic
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #7985
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
My question

Why the fuck does my check engine light keep going on? It goes on and off. But even when I erase it, it eventually goes on again within the day. Code 45 for leaky injector. I had I bad I injector, I swapped it out but it started leaking gas cause I didn't replacethe garmets. So I replaced all the garments on all four injectors. It's all good now, no leaks and it's dry and perfect, no more shitty idle. But why does the code still come on, then go off?

2nd bump for still wanting a answer. I'm over that little orange light lol it comes on and off. One trip it'll be on, the next it's off
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #7986
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick question regarding auto to manual wiring ka24de on a s13.

I cut the middle connection on the lower harness, crimped them and plugged it into the fusebox plug. (I used the auto sohc harness originally on the car).
Result: it sparked as I connected to battery terminal. Now nothing turns on not even dashlights.

I checked with a good source and I was told I had to jump the actual plug on the fusebox! Not the harness.
How do I do this? Does some one have a picture?
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #7987
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Lol I love Canadians. Post a pic
he's from cali and deaf so thats why his wording is like that.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #7988
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
^So the kit can be used on both s13 and s14 racks....the odd shaped bushing is the same for s13 and s14 racks but the diameter of the rack casing is different. S13s casing is slightly larger so it uses the slim bushing.
Sounds good, thank you for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
can anyone give me some tips on installing a transmission back into the car

we had a hell of a time removing it and i can't imagine it being any easier to go in

we have two regular harbor freight jacks

someone please tell me how to make my life easier and how to stab this back in without breaking anything
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #7989
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

we had a hell of a time removing it and i can't imagine it being any easier to go in

someone please tell me how to make my life easier and how to stab this back in without breaking anything
i found it a million times easier just to pull the motor and trans and put them back as one piece. just pull the harness from the ECU, disconnect fuel lines etc. then bolt the motor mounts to the engine brackets and drop the whole thing onto the cross member then tighten the motor mounts from below... or do what cody said
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #7990
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:

I jammed a piece of firewood under the crank pulley and put a jack under it. I lifted/tilted it until the valve cover hit the firewall. If your engine mounts are old and sloppy like mine, you won't even have to unbolt them.
I also removed the exhaust, though I'm not sure if that's entirely necessary.
Anywho, after tilting the motor and dropping the exhaust, it took me, my frail female helper, and my floor jack less than 10 minutes to get the trans onto the engine.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #7991
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
*amazing transmission spinny advice*
I don't even need to do this anytime soon and I'm stunned. Next time someone blows a clutch, it's this! Thanks for the tip.

And thanks Wake. What for, I dunno, but since I'm thanking Cody I'll thank you too.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #7992
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Has anyone swapped a Ford Coyote motor into an S chassis yet? If so can I get a link to a build thread or some pics of the build?
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #7993
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoes View Post
Has anyone swapped a Ford Coyote motor into an S chassis yet? If so can I get a link to a build thread or some pics of the build?
No, because anyone with half a brain wouldn't waste the time with an engine that costs more than a 240 itself. Let alone the size of them.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #7994
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
thanks to every one who responded!

i think i might just unbolt the crossmember completely and let the engine drop down 2-3 inches

then get some long studs to put in the bottom holes for the bellhousing and guide the transmission onto the engine so it won't break anything
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #7995
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just got all the bushings out of my rear knuckles/arms. Need advice on getting that outer sleeve out without damaging things. I tried the sawzall on one of the knuckle ones, didn't cut even. I got mostly thru it all and it won't budge at all.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #7996
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^the only way mine would come out was with a press, heat, and plenty of pb blaster lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #7997
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
is this normal?

spinning the input shaft bearing and this large play in the input shaft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CcgYX2KwQ
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #7998
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ 2nd'd.
harbor freight has a 20 ton hydraulic press with 2 parallels for $200, $150 with coupon IIRC. if you guys got harbor freights out in MI
Old 10-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #7999
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
can anyone tell me if there is any coolant temp sensor that will work for the rb25 s2? The one that goes to the ecu not the temp gauge.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #8000
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
There is I think, but I've already dumped enough money into all the parts I'm putting on so I don't wanna pay for a press lol.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #8001
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i would like to know the best audio setup for a hatch.. what size speakers in front/back? stick with oem sizes or make adapters?
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #8002
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
are jdm s14 4 pot callipers 30mm???
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #8003
WaWa
Leaky Injector

WaWa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to WaWa
Are intake manifolds from the S14 Black top the same as the ones from an S15? im looking to buy an aftermarket one and not really coming up with any options for the S15 help is much apprectiated
Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #8004
Cake Is Dope
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (36)
Cake Is Dope will become famous soon enoughCake Is Dope will become famous soon enoughCake Is Dope will become famous soon enoughCake Is Dope will become famous soon enoughCake Is Dope will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:

Just installed a trans last night on a friends car. Remove the two nuts on the bottom for the motor mounts. Disconnect the down pipe where it meets with your cat/test pipe. Have a buddy grab and pull down on the down pipe, this will angle the motor enough to install the trans with ease. Good luck bruh
Cake Is Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #8005
Eyegazm
Leaky Injector

Eyegazm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaWa View Post
Are intake manifolds from the S14 Black top the same as the ones from an S15? im looking to buy an aftermarket one and not really coming up with any options for the S15 help is much apprectiated
The s14 and s15 intake manis are the same, the only difference in blacktops is the s13 blacktop has shorter runners, and the plenum is above the runners.
Eyegazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #8006
Eyegazm
Leaky Injector

Eyegazm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelovesnike View Post
are jdm s14 4 pot callipers 30mm???
werd. same as z32.
Eyegazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #8007
WaWa
Leaky Injector

WaWa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to WaWa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyegazm View Post
The s14 and s15 intake manis are the same, the only difference in blacktops is the s13 blacktop has shorter runners, and the plenum is above the runners.
thanks for the help broski thats what i thought i just needed to double check before i started wasting money
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #8008
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
oil temperature and water temp....which would you usually choose to have as a gauge in your car and why?

i tend to see more water temp gauges than oil temp in interior setups...i feel like i'd prefer to go oil temp, but is water temp a more accurate guide to how hot your running or something?

wouldnt oil be more accurate so you know the temp of your engine lubricant?
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #8009
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I would highly recommend both.

I have water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure; all of which i consider crucial things to monitor.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #8010
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Still no answer after two bumps and four pages, this thread blows
future is offline   Reply With Quote