Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #721
Victory!!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Victory!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like man, great job!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #722
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hood isnt bolted down... the hood(daimyo) itself actually fits pretty good, on the other hand i also have a DMAX hood which really really really fits like garbage...its my fender positioning that sux, i mounted the fenders a little wide for clearance.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #723
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
hood isnt bolted down... the hood(daimyo) itself actually fits pretty good, on the other hand i also have a DMAX hood which really really really fits like garbage...its my fender positioning that sux, i mounted the fenders a little wide for clearance.
Yeah that is what Im struggling with right now. I am a perfectionist so it bugs me to see inconsistant gaps and edges. I just have to take it with a grain of salt as no aftermarket part will fit like stock. I like the look of your new hood, just hope it fits better once you get it installed. I assume you will get it shot to match the rest of the car? Keep us update!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #724
Rapier46
Zilvia Member

Rapier46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rapier46
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
That, my friend, is a myth. That's actually a high-pressure zone and will actually pull air into the engine bay.
Really? I don't know if the little gap would actually make a big air pressure difference. I'll have to test it. It sound like a good idea, but you have raised some concerns. Hm. Thank you
Old 03-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #725
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
Really? I don't know if the little gap would actually make a big air pressure difference. I'll have to test it. It sound like a good idea, but you have raised some concerns. Hm. Thank you
It's already been tested and established as a FACT.

Why do you think muscle cars have the huge cowl in their hoods?

Because at speed that spot becomes a high pressure zone, and air will get sucked into the engine bay via the cowl, and their air cleaner for their carb is right there sucking that air in.

Someone w/ an S-chassis also have tested it with some strips of tape on their hood. They watched their direction as they drove around, and I believe he said at around 40mph the strips started to get sucked in toward the engine bay. Anything lower than that the tape just fluttered around.

At idle though, the air was definitely coming out of the engine bay.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #726
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
CAR IS COOL

cooler in person

still doesn't run his hoods
Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #727
jdmyoyo

jdmyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
men this car is sexy as hell....
Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #728
240bch
Leaky Injector

240bch is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 240bch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroGori View Post
First thing I though was "this is a nice car". Second thing I though was "where's the hood?" Third thing I thought was "Car looks nice but way too many knock off parts on that thing."
BIG UPS TO ALL THE HATERS!! yoiur just hatin cuz your whip aint gettin all the attention, josh and everyone else wit risky devil is koo as fuck and deserve everything good thats comin their way big ups josh on the whip and see you at the dd's
Old 03-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #729
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
its all good man, no need to defend me. it is what it is...

i'm a student, i cant buy exactly everything i want... in time, all the parts will be pretty dope (in my opinion)

but for now, the parts get the job done... as said before, i'm not gonna let the manufacturer name of my products stop me from driving the car to the best of my ability.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #730
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i think i missed it but what size rear overs? origin?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #731
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
its all good man, no need to defend me. it is what it is...

i'm a student, i cant buy exactly everything i want... in time, all the parts will be pretty dope (in my opinion)
What are you studying?
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #732
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
So, are you looking forward to California summer vacation?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #733
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MaRshMaLLow Send a message via Yahoo to MaRshMaLLow
Josh and Eric Aint ready for Cali ....
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #734
Dax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hood looks good.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #735
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
You Risky Devil guys doing anything tomorrow? I'm going to be in Chicago trading my car. It would be chill if I could meet some of you. There aren't many S-chassis guys in my area of Michigan.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #736
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You Risky Devil guys doing anything tomorrow? I'm going to be in Chicago trading my car. It would be chill if I could meet some of you. There aren't many S-chassis guys in my area of Michigan.
just goto touge factory
Old 03-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #737
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Last time I was in Chicago, according to Google Maps the hotel I was staying at was a block over from Touge Factory. I drove around for two hours searching for it and never found it.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #738
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Last time I was in Chicago, according to Google Maps the hotel I was staying at was a block over from Touge Factory. I drove around for two hours searching for it and never found it.
is this a joke? you cant be that retarded?!
pick up the phone.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #739
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
lol.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #740
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
411 costs cheddar dawg
Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #741
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
is this a joke? you cant be that retarded?!
pick up the phone.
Wasn't there for car stuff, I was busy almost the entire time. Just thought I'd stop in for a few minutes if it was so close by, but later on I found out that Google Maps showed me a completely wrong location.

I was also supposed to hang out with Edgar and DS people and go with them to a Risky Devil social, but my phone broke the day I was to call him, haha.

It was still a fun trip though. Definitely one of my favorite cities.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #742
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

haha, dont feel bad matej. the only reason i know where the building is because its right next to a big ass water tower
Old 03-28-2009, 03:32 AM   #743
hahaorcc

hahaorcc is making a name for him/her selfhahaorcc is making a name for him/her self
one of the best 180sx iv ever seen
Old 03-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #744
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
haha, dont feel bad matej. the only reason i know where the building is because its right next to a big ass water tower
yeah, i almost miss it every time. they need a big flashy sign.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #745
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Can we get an update on this car? Last I saw on your blog the engine reved for it's last time and sent rev limit bouncing awesomeness to heaven.

How is the resurrection coming along?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #746
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
HOT looking car.

hot updateS?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #747
s13tilldeath*
Zilvia Junkie

s13tilldeath* is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATES!
Im going to the city of wind in a couple of weeks....
Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #748
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

sup guys...blew the head gasket a few weeks ago

motor is out
head at machine shop
cleaning stuff up, wiring, relocating, etc
new'ish aero?
it's about an inch lower up front now
might have a passenger seat in it
currently sitting on MAE's and it looks horribly terrible, SO GROSS

trying to get it together, need some street/seat time
Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #749
Brian
Post Whore!

sounds like it will be HOT.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #750
JNS14

JNS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a gorgeous fucking beauty! Risky little Devil indeed!
Closed Thread