Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #721
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandrews View Post
@gsracer have you ever thought about doing a write up of your swap for us guys doing the same one
Theres plenty of info about VH45 swaps on V8Nissans.com
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #722
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
Plus her hot friends in bikinis help.

Yo, forreal
Old 02-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #723
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The end of an Era...

So I was feeling nostalic, plus it was 50 degrees in miami for the first time all year. Took it out to have some fun, then on the last run, well watch. Its been a fun ride....

Maybe ill go back to SR... NOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbwXdFTrVQ
Old 02-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #724
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Were you still running only 8psi, or did you ever up it to 14?

Was that rod knock at the end?

Sad day...
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #725
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
@GS....jeez dude that puppy moves! BTW I was the one that bought your Tick T56, thanks again.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #726
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Well, it was fun while it lasted, I'm sure. This car was a treasure trove of of info for the S-Chassis community. I'm crossing my fingers for a part 3 that's even bigger and better! That Porsche manifold retrofit was a gamechanger to me, honestly. Bravo, sir.

Last edited by simmode1; 02-20-2015 at 12:30 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #727
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
awwwwwwwww man. you gonna come back bigger and better?
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #728
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ferrariowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stay VH! Please! Sorry to see it go!

-Kyle
ferrariowner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #729
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
I forgot how beautiful the VH sounds! I never got to finish my project. It's ok your still my idol and hero lol
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #730
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
i enjoyed that vid a ton, vh sounds amazing. Rebuild that b*tch!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #731
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
Were you still running only 8psi, or did you ever up it to 14?

Was that rod knock at the end?

Sad day...

Yes sir, i think a few of those 7500 rpm downshifts didnt do me any favor, but it aint no worse than the other abuse the car has taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
@GS....jeez dude that puppy moves! BTW I was the one that bought your Tick T56, thanks again.
No worries, hope all is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Well, it was fun while it lasted, I'm sure. This car was a treasure trove of of info for the S-Chassis community. I'm crossing my fingers for a part 3 that's even bigger and better! That Porsche manifold retrofit was a gamechanger to me, honestly. Bravo, sir.
Thanks I apreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
awwwwwwwww man. you gonna come back bigger and better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariowner123 View Post
Stay VH! Please! Sorry to see it go!

-Kyle
I dont know if i have the energy for this stuff anymore. I want to just sell all this stuff and my Lexus and buy a porsche gt2 slam it with some deep dish work meisters lol. Or maybe go LS on the s14, Or maybe finally throw the built motor with the built heads and cams sitting on the engine stand.

Dont know yet.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #732
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^ Well damn. As much as I wanna see your vh s14 rise again, I can't argue with buying something you can be happy with right out of the box without needing an engine swap.

I just feel like I'd miss being part of such a passionate diy community of car enthusiasts if I did that. Tough decision.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #733
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Agreed. But like many others, your build has inspired me to go VH and I can't even begin to think how you would do it over again!

Post up what you decide to do.

-Kyle
Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #734
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Do I foresee an RWB building in the making? Yeah anything you do will be gold so keep us posted.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #735
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Did you have the built heads on the engine already?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #736
simmode1
Post Whore!

I was just thinking.. Porsche GT2 is a super nice car. Personally, I don't know if I could bring myself to beat on one like a rented mule. But 240's? Slap 'em around & they just keep coming back for more abuse. The fact that they're almost disposable is part of their charm. That's what keeps me from going to a nicer/newer & more expensive toy car. C'mon man... Fix that VH!

Last edited by simmode1; 02-20-2015 at 06:33 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #737
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks for the kind words guys...

Ill leave this here..
I spy.
A fully built short block blue printed and balanced for 8000rpm. With arp rod bolts and clevite connecting rod and main bearings. Also in boxes are a pair of new heads with custom 272 cams double valve springs and titanium retainers.

Lol. Really on the fence about it though.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #738
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Do it

postooshort
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #739
simmode1
Post Whore!

Goddamn. What a manly looking engine bay that is.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #740
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep it up man, car is so bad ass!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #741
1wheelwonder

1wheelwonder is an unknown quantity at this point
What psi were you running in that video, car was getting it!!
1wheelwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #742
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

8 psi.....
Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #743
ferrariowner123
Leaky Injector

Do it jerry! Come on, the Internet is behind you on this one. That rarely happens! Lol.

I forgot to say in my other post, that besides being the reason I want to go VH, your build is amazing. One of the best completed builds out there. So I say thank you for taking the time to actually photograph your builds (the zenki and this kouki) both were awesome to read through and to be inspired by!

-Kyle
Old 02-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #744
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That block and built heads have waited a long time for this. I think it's time to really show people what a VH can do!

This car has always been tied for my favorite S chassis with Broadfield's car being the other.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #745
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Come on Jerry, how could you let a gem like this die in a pile of shit that is the Florida "drift" "scene". You have an iconic ride and its ready for those parts you've been storing away for all these years. How long have those cams been sitting on a shelf for?? lol
Old 02-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #746
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
That block and built heads have waited a long time for this. I think it's time to really show people what a VH can do!

This car has always been tied for my favorite S chassis with Broadfield's car being the other.
I couldn't agree more with all of this.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #747
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hey, can anyone explain to me why we don't see any VH45's running the 350Z's 6spd CD009 trans?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #748
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
No one has done the work to mate them together or shared the information if they have.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #749
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Hey, can anyone explain to me why we don't see any VH45's running the 350Z's 6spd CD009 trans?
http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...ter-plate.html

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:32 AM   #750
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Vh to cd009 has been done with either that ^^ bracket or some people fab their own. I think the reason for not a lot of people go with Cd009 is because 300zx trans is so much cheaper and they are good enough.