Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #721
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy927 View Post
He should've just quit basketball, he got no love for the game...I missed the old days of the Knicks where they really played the game...JOHN STARKS!!! FOR THREEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dude, basketball in the nineties was where it's at.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #722
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Marburys a C and BOROSON hasnt chimed in yet?? weird.

details if anyone has any, just saw the headline but the article is blocked
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #723
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
Marburys a C and BOROSON hasnt chimed in yet?? weird.

details if anyone has any, just saw the headline but the article is blocked
From FoxSports:

Quote:
WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) - The Boston Celtics signed Stephon Marbury on Friday, bringing the former New York Knicks headache aboard in their attempt to repeat as NBA champions.

Marbury cleared waivers on Friday morning, reported to the Celtics for a physical and was expected to be in uniform on Friday night for Boston's game against the Indiana Pacers.

"We are very excited to have a player of Stephon's caliber joining our team," Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said. "Our entire organization is confident in the belief that Stephon can play an important role in helping us to win another championship."

Marbury, a former All-Star guard who alienated Knicks management, teammates and fans, was waived on Tuesday after he agreed to a buyout of his $20.8 million contract. The Celtics were expected to offer him a pro-rated share of the veteran's $1.3 million minimum.

Marbury, who turned 32 last week, hasn't played a regular-season game in more than a year.

He arrived at the team's practice facility in Waltham just before noon, about 90 minutes after clearing waivers. He could be seen from the public area of the workout facility wearing a white, long-sleeved T-shirt and sweat pants, jumping up and down as he took the practice court, smiling and chest-bumping with several people wearing Celtics gear.

After few minutes, the automatic shades were lowered.

Marbury will back up Rajon Rondo at point guard, a role Sam Cassell served when the Celtics won their 17th NBA title last season. Eddie House, who is more of a shooter, has been forced into the role this year; Cassell did not play in a game for Boston this year before he was traded to the Sacramento Kings and released last week.

Marbury took a long leave of absence from the Knicks when his father died in December 2007, then had season-ending ankle surgery and has not played since Jan. 11, 2008.

He returned to the Knicks in training camp, but when the sides tried to negotiate a buyout early in the season, Marbury at first refused to surrender any more than $1 million of his $20.8 million salary and the team told him to stay home until it could be completed.

Marbury was the center of controversy during his five years in New York, feuding with coaches and skipping games.

And I write too!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #724
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
not much details. expected to sign for 1.3 mil for remainder of season, might suit up tonight.

play one game, bitches and moan, kills the entire team chemistry before he even steps on the court, Celtics lose all the games the rest of the season while the Knicks win the rest of the games in the season, Marbury gets cut, goes to Europe to ball.

kidding about that last part lol.

xquizitditz
Old 02-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #725
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
not much details. expected to sign for 1.3 mil for remainder of season, might suit up tonight.

play one game, bitches and moan, kills the entire team chemistry before he even steps on the court, Celtics lose all the games the rest of the season while the Knicks win the rest of the games in the season, Marbury gets cut, goes to Europe to ball.

kidding about that last part lol.
You were kidding about which last part?
Quote:
kills the entire team chemistry before he even steps on the court
Past performance being indicative of future expectations, I see this possible.

And I write too!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #726
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Anyone see the Mikki Moore picture of him grabbing BDiddy's nuts the other night? I guess he fits right in with the Celtics.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #727
legacy927
Zilvia Junkie

legacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enoughlegacy927 will become famous soon enough
ohhhh god, why? marbury is gona bitch and moan about not enough playing time sooner or later...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #728
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
maybe he's changed?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 AM   #729
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yeah, i missed the game cause i was busy with killzone2. i caught the highlights, thought.
he looked good for his first time playing...8 pts, 1 spg, 1 rebs, 2 apg, 13 mins.

i'll quote it again(for the ppl that don't get it)...“In this system, it doesn’t matter who starts or who comes off the bench,” Marbury said. “Like Jamal, if he plays better starting than off the bench, I don’t mind coming off the bench so he can play at a high level.” -preseason marbury
Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #730
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
The Nets will be moving to Brookyln in 2011. Their new Barclay Stadium will start getting built later this year. This just points signs that LBJ will be a Net in 2010. If they stayed in NJ, then I was sure he'd go to the Knicks, but now that the Nets will be in Brooklyn, he'll be a Net.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #731
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

SHAQ > *

dudes been a fuckin beast as of late. cant wait to see how he does against the Spurs and Rockets. and damn ESPN has been hyping up this Kobe Shaq thing lately. Even Shaq by saying that him and kobe were the best big small combo ever. when he was in Miami he said that wade was better. almost like a storyline to get shaq back in LA.

Props to Marbury on his debut...looks like hes going to work out. he proablly wants a ring, and probablly wants a job next season so i think he will suck it up. Pistons looked pretty solid without AI. people been saying AI might go for a buy out.. any details on this? and what happend with Shawn Marion? he get traded for J. Oneal? thats what my nephew told me last night but didnt have time to really pay attention to it

damn, i get busy for 1 weekend and i dont know wtf is going on.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #732
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

There would be no point in taking a buyout this late in the season... You have to get it by March 1 in order to be eligible to play in the playoffs of you sign anywhere... Joe Dumars didn't take Iverson to keep him anyway, he took him for his expiring contract in the LeBron/Melo/DWade sweepstakes.
I think Miami's turnaround and Wade's resurgence of this season will help to keep him in Miami.

And I write too!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #733
EmKayThree

EmKayThree is an unknown quantity at this point
Marbury I think is just going to cause problems. Did they not just lose to the pistons and the clippers... I give it about a month before Marbury gets his ass beat in the locker room.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #734
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

those werent marburys fault. pistons play a hell of a game, and the C's are without the big ticket.

Heat look to have potential again. Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Haslem Oneal. nice unit to work with, especially in the east.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #735
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Yeah, as much as I am expecting Starbury to fuck this up for the Celtics, or lose a job trying to, I am not pinning those losses on him, even though he did have a shitty game yesterday.

And I write too!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #736
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
marbury's D was tight and he was even playing D on the 3's and 4's. the rest of celtics can't play D especially ray and rondo.

*he was 0-3 3assist in 12mins ...ray and rondo both had 2 fgm with 30+mins. doc should had taking house out for marbury to play D.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #737
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

House was making his shots though. I would have kept him in there as well.

Quote:
With just hours to spare before Sunday's midnight deadline, the Oklahoma City Thunder and Joe Smith reached terms on a buyout agreement. He will be put on waivers Monday morning and is expected to clear them 48 hours later. Several league sources said Smith is then expected to sign with the Cavs for the rest of the season.
Cavaliers Insider: Joe Smith looks to be on his way back to Cleveland - Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball NBA News - cleveland.com
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #738
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i am so bummed out about the knicks.. they had such a great start.. now i dont even know if they can make it to the playoffs..
Old 03-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #739
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

yeah, the knicks would have made the playoffs spot, if they played marbury in the first place.

i understand they needed a shooter on the floor but, house was 3-7fg, 2-5 3pts, 1 apg. he was hot on the early 4th but, cooled off. he plays shitty D also. i was scratching my head because, i saw no defensive pressure at all once they sat marbury down.

ohh yeah, the flash vs the king tonight!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #740
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Bucks got this shit in the bag........... LOL

J/K
Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #741
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Looks like Amare sits the rest of the season and will miss the playoffs as well.

And I write too!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #742
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Not like the Suns were going to make the playoffs anyways.

Anyone else watching the Cavs/Celtics? My money's on the Cavs by 5.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #743
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I watched LeBron clang that huge dunk, and I am watching the LeBrons getting swallowed alive playing smallball with LeBron at the 4 and Joe Smith at the 5.

And I write too!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #744
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
just turned the game on. i almost forgot they (cavs/celts) were playing today!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #745
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Boston fans piss me off. Glen Davis deserved that flagrant 2 and ejection. As much as I don't like both teams, I want
Cleveland to win.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #746
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Boston fans piss me off. Glen Davis deserved that flagrant 2 and ejection. As much as I don't like both teams, I want
Cleveland to win.
My thoughts exactly....

as always. lol

EDIT *in response to Doc Rivers talking to the journalist chick or whatever* Doc Rivers is a tool. He knows damn well that was a flagrant 2. Dude didnt even go for the ball. He hooked his neck and swung through. What is there to disagree with?

EDIT 2: aaaaaaand now i'm turning to the start of the Laker game.
Instagram: @rjsladerade

Last edited by revat619; 03-06-2009 at 08:31 PM..
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #747
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBUyJi1usc
3 W games away from the 8th.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #748
ro240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
ro240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It was a close game in the fourth for the Lakers vs Mavs. They are for sure gonna win the west but will they have the best record in the NBA?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #749
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

The Lakers have the 4th easiest schedule remaining, so I'm confident they'll get HCA throughout the playoffs.
Even if they tie with Cleveland, LA will own the tiebreaker.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #750
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I like how you completely disregard the Celtics, lol. Good finish. Ariza did extremely well. We got the win. Yay.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Closed Thread