Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #7231
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
Censor*
sensor, u mean?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #7232
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
goddamnit. Yes. I'm stupid. I knew that didn't look completely right.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #7233
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_86 View Post
Really? I had ran a test it's defenaly just the knock censer I didn't think it had anything to do with smog
You have a OBD II which means they will have to hook up the machine to scan for codes as well. OBD I don't put a check engine light for knock sensors. Make sure you also test the wiring also.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #7234
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ok so it appears as if my rear main seal is leaking

and it leaks a fairly substantial amount of oil..

however after checking my oil levels it does not appear to be low...

any suggestions on what is leaking?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #7235
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
ok so it appears as if my rear main seal is leaking

and it leaks a fairly substantial amount of oil..

however after checking my oil levels it does not appear to be low...

any suggestions on what is leaking?
Input seal on the tranny. Leaks out of the bottom of the bell at the back of the motor, looks like main seal.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #7236
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
There is a huge difference of smell, if you just smell it you will know what fluid it is.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #7237
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Input seal on the tranny. Leaks out of the bottom of the bell at the back of the motor, looks like main seal.
thats the one!!

thank you very much.

untill i fix this i can just add more gear oil through the shifter?

p.s. is this easier or harder or the same to fix as the rear main?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #7238
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
thats the one!!

thank you very much.

untill i fix this i can just add more gear oil through the shifter?

p.s. is this easier or harder or the same to fix as the rear main?
Equal job. Yank trans out, replace seal.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #7239
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is it ok to remove the mesh off a z32 maf? I found it torn up on the turbo side ..
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #7240
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
After I changed out my power steering rack. I noticed my steering is stiffer than usual; I have Isis power steering line and Energy Suspension bushings. Is this normal or would I still need to bleed the system?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7241
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
After I changed out my power steering rack. I noticed my steering is stiffer than usual; I have Isis power steering line and Energy Suspension bushings. Is this normal or would I still need to bleed the system?
Mine was a little bit "stiffer" as well. Fill up the PS reservoir and turn the car on. Turn the wheel lock to lock a few times and keep refilling the reservoir. Drive it around the block and fill it back up. Mine took about a day of regular driving to settle down.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #7242
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
got it thanks karlos.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #7243
Maldo

Trader Rating: (0)
Maldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alright guys so i'm looking to buy an s14 97 or 98 kouki and i was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on what price i'm looking at. I'm looking for something mostly stock and 5-speed with miles anywhere between 150-200k Any ideas on the price?
Maldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #7244
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldo View Post
Alright guys so i'm looking to buy an s14 97 or 98 kouki and i was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on what price i'm looking at. I'm looking for something mostly stock and 5-speed with miles anywhere between 150-200k Any ideas on the price?
Hop on Craigslist and look. I, for one, am not spoonfeeding you.

You realize the prices of cars change depending on condition, not just miles? And who knows what you consider "mostly stock". Also, depending on the area, the price of cars is different. So the only way you can find out the price is by looking for yourself.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #7245
Maldo

Maldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Been on craigslist for a while. I posted a WTB add for 6k i was just in need of some opinion of whether or not this would be a good starting price for what i am looking for. Not asking to be spoonfed...... Also because of the lack of koukis on craigslist i'm looking for a reasonable offering price. Feel free to give me your opinion on my price
Maldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #7246
travisty_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
travisty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldo View Post
Been on craigslist for a while. I posted a WTB add for 6k i was just in need of some opinion of whether or not this would be a good starting price for what i am looking for. Not asking to be spoonfed...... Also because of the lack of koukis on craigslist i'm looking for a reasonable offering price. Feel free to give me your opinion on my price
It depends on your area, but you can probably find some sort of kouki 5 speed in your price range (4-6k). Possibly even a 95 zenki converted to kouki.
travisty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #7247
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFIVEBETA View Post
Is it ok to remove the mesh off a z32 maf? I found it torn up on the turbo side ..
if it's torn, you can take it off. I bought one and came in torn on the same side, I took it off. No problems here.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #7248
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Car has been hesitating lately. At first id only notice it shortly after starting the car up and driving. Now when it happens I can hold the accelerator pedal down in the same position and the rpms go up and down up and down. Then the car will rev up but my speed doesnt increase like I'm in neutral then finally the engine turns off. If its hesitating and i come to a stop the engine will turn off just leaving my lights on.

Would you say maf or tps? I was able to test the power and ground side of the tps and the checked out. The power side should show approx 5v, i got 5.13v. The ground side has continuity. With the throttle wide out and engine off it showed 4.5 ohms of resistance the fsm calls for approx 4 ohms. I didn't get a chance to test the input signal or the maf as I don't own a multimeter and I hear the cheaper ones are no good and money is tight.

Does it sound like the tps, maf or possibly something else?

'96 stock engine..

Last edited by Mangudai; 08-14-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Mangudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #7249
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just looking to clean up the engine bay a little since i have no money to buy parts, need to keep busy lol. ive heard people taking out the charcoal canister, is this ok to do or is it going to hurt anything? what other stuff can i remove/relocate to make the bay look cleaner without getting into wiring yet. and what does this line go to? because in the bay mine isnt connected to anything Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #7250
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
just looking to clean up the engine bay a little since i have no money to buy parts, need to keep busy lol. ive heard people taking out the charcoal canister, is this ok to do or is it going to hurt anything? what other stuff can i remove/relocate to make the bay look cleaner without getting into wiring yet. and what does this line go to? because in the bay mine isnt connected to anything Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
That line should go to your charcoal canister.
You can move nearly everything out of your engine bay. look at the engine bay thread and wire tuck thread, you should get some good ideas from those.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #7251
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

so can i like cut the wire where it starts to go under the car to get it out of the way but still vent? also, does the battery ground below the injectors? cause theres an old wire that looks like it goes on the battery but since its in the trunk now its just kind of laying there but its bolted below the injectors
Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #7252
Ekin_s13

Ekin_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have search can't find any info. can someone tell me if B4011-52F70 wiring harness is a black top or red top?
thanks
Ekin_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #7253
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
so can i like cut the wire where it starts to go under the car to get it out of the way but still vent? also, does the battery ground below the injectors? cause theres an old wire that looks like it goes on the battery but since its in the trunk now its just kind of laying there but its bolted below the injectors
I don't see why not. We pulled ours out, we also don't have a charcoal canister. If you're taking the canister out, you don't need the line.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #7254
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
if it's torn, you can take it off. I bought one and came in torn on the same side, I took it off. No problems here.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #7255
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
do i need to upgrade from the stock fpr if i add a walbro? stock sr with fmic etc. TIA
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #7256
snoops14
Zilvia Member

snoops14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone tell me how to contact BN... i just want some damn front fenders and i emailed Hiro and Chuck who work there but havent gotten anything back yet. Dont know if they even work there anymore. Let me know please! Thanks in advance!

Adam
snoops14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #7257
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
do i need to upgrade from the stock fpr if i add a walbro? stock sr with fmic etc. TIA
nope, stock will be fine

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 08-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #7258
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
nope, stock will be fine
Yeah, you don't need to adjust anything. But, you way want to buy a new FPR if you are still on the factory one.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #7259
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

the more i look at my bay, the more i hate the wiring done. wires hanging that go to nothing, plugs that arent plugged in, etc. what kind of work am i looking at if i buy a second harness, remove useless wires i wont use, extend ones i need to, etc, and label every plug and wire. what kind of work am i looking at if everything is all labeled correctly?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #7260
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
the more i look at my bay, the more i hate the wiring done. wires hanging that go to nothing, plugs that arent plugged in, etc. what kind of work am i looking at if i buy a second harness, remove useless wires i wont use, extend ones i need to, etc, and label every plug and wire. what kind of work am i looking at if everything is all labeled correctly?
SR20DET Wiring Harness Services