Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #7081
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Apparently it's not working.

I would rather lose with style than lose with this? Car looks like it contracted a mixture of west nile virus and herpes symplex 1.
I love you Obee.

Power's used to have one of the coolest cars in FD. It seemed like he and Tommy Robert's may have been capable of saving Formula D from the NASCAR it is becoming.

Rumor has it that he's considering going V8 next year for a more reliable motor and more advantageous power band.

I can't wait for the day that Drop Spindles are readily available so that people will stop raising their cars for "Proper Suspension Geometry" and stuff.

Oh well, it was still rad here:

thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #7082
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
you guys are all doing it wrong

its all about the hardparking who drifts there cars these days thats so s13 ago lol
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #7083
Ill40
BANNED

Trader Rating: (22)
Ill40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
its hard to legitimately go all out on drifting during this recession (living in california doesn't help either). I would rather have a clean daily then a beat up track car thats missing bumpers. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it.

and yes matts done with the turbo KA foreva
Ill40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #7084
repda916
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
you guys are all doing it wrong

its all about the hardparking who drifts there cars these days thats so s13 ago lol
sounds like your talking about yourself.........(avatar and sig)
badd ass car though
repda916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #7085
Ill40
BANNED

Trader Rating: (22)
Ill40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
your the one giving lectures on hard parking and you own a civic?
Ill40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #7086
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill40 View Post

Boom goes the dynamite.

Matt powers = my hero.

Oh and s14fbs, I only have 17's on my whip so I had zero problem putting half my rim in my rear fender...lol
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #7087
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
17s are just always better
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #7088
repda916
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
haha not at all, just because im selling one
repda916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #7089
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
its hard to legitimately go all out on drifting during this recession (living in california doesn't help either). I would rather have a clean daily then a beat up track car thats missing bumpers. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it.

and yes matts done with the turbo KA foreva
Smartest thing he could do is get rid of the KA-Boom.

But the rest of what you said is silly. That's like saying why play ball at all if you aren't going to make it into the NBA.

Quote:
Oh snap.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #7090
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Smartest thing he could do is get rid of the KA-Boom.

But the rest of what you said is silly. That's like saying why play ball at all if you aren't going to make it into the NBA.

Oh snap.
hey lets keep ka out of this convo lol

and to the civic owner my post was sarcasm

on another note i jumped my car threw some bushes this weekend it was tight

think im going to man up and tuck some 16s on my car
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #7091
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
watsupp??

lots of blah blah going on here now..

moar zenki powa!

ps. kouki still better

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #7092
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by msanchez View Post
THIS.
The reason we all liked matt powers is because he was grassroots, did it on his own, and looked damn good doing it. I understand he has sponsors that have to be represented now, but almost everything i liked about the car is gone. Sure, He made a valid attempt to keep his originality with the Motley Crue theme, but its still gross.

He's still rad, no doubt about it.. but he sacrificed alot of cool for tires and power.

just my .02

This man summed it up. He lost his hootspah.

So gully right here. That one Will Rogge video showing his entry at that one track with all the walls...gave me chills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
I love you Obee.

Love you too Afro Man!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #7093
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
hey lets keep ka out of this convo lol

and to the civic owner my post was sarcasm

on another note i jumped my car threw some bushes this weekend it was tight

think im going to man up and tuck some 16s on my car
Your KA is pretty.

But I would sooner drive a built NA than a KA-t.

I just want to revisit the hotness that made Powers a name here, I hate ZT quotes but he def Glebbed his joint way up.

I cant believe this is a before shot.

I would drive this bumperless car for the rest of my life vs. almost any other formula D placenta juice.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #7094
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

im probally one of the few that are really not siked on the whole v8 bandwagon

idk why just not for me i guess
if i ever swap or build another car its would be a top mount rb25

there only a couple v8 cars i like
95katurbo
and the blu808 car

has anyone seen ryan kado i think he my new faviorite driver and hes younger then me lol i was hoping to see him at irwindale fd am
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #7095
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post

Oh well, it was still rad here:

Fasho. He's still cool in my opinion. I did like his car in the BEFORE of the before&after.
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #7096
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Ryan Kado.
He is pretty rad at drifting. He'll be competing at 2011 FD.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #7097
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Straight 6 is the ideal drift motor in my opinion. Not because I have one either. I wish I did a 1J from jump. I see all these LSX dudes having problems, plus they rev to lik 6500? Wack.

RB's are like women. Gotta rub them just right to get the juice going and mad moody.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #7098
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i'm sure matt powers isn't stoked on the current appearance of his car either, but he doesn't really have any options...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #7099
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

He could slit his wrists.

Death before dishonor.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #7100
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Look at any one of the last 3 year champions and what do they have? Not a slammed ass show car, and not a sr20. They have proper ride geometry and a v8. I know it sucks, I like the way his old green machine was too, actually I thought the rear needed to be just a little higher. But oh well, I would rather see his car in its current state then a nascar v8 scion tc out there. And for you z guys forsebergs car is running posi camber in the rear. If you think about it it make sense, but if you wanna car about how it looks you wont get it.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #7101
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
He could slit his wrists.

Death before dishonor.

Not cool on the wrist cutting, but the dbd I can understand.

Wow, hard core for the dis-functionality, it is just a car and it was not even super pretty back in the day. Shit was a 20 footer at best. But that was after he started driving.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #7102
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Everybody gets it. I don't even know why people still talk about it.

It's just like a band or anything that starts out small and gets big.

You start out small and you have a group of original fans.
Then you get to the point where you can try to "make it big".

If you want to go big, you're going to lose a lot of those original fans, but you'll also gain new fans who only know the bigger platform. You're going to have to change your (car, band, brand, etc.) to make it competitive at the bigger level. It's not going to be as "cool" as before (to those original fans).

That's all there is to it. Everybody should know it.

Just read any of the interviews he has done on speedhunters. He doesn't care about "looking cool" anymore. He is into drifting to be a "professional drifter". Done and done.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #7103
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

The scars is what made it gully.

People don't realize drifting is not real racing anyway. 90% of it is style (who the judge knows/made out with/hates). There is a flipping category in the judging for STYLE.

I will eat donkey poo before I run posi camber. Never a sell out.

All jokes aside, dude made it big. Props to him. He is having more fun than me I imagine. Forsburgh is making loot running posi camber while I make fun of it.

At the end of the day...

The cars still look like ass.

j/k

but not really...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #7104
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
I would never run pos camber cuz you still need some style but I will be running very little negative camber in the rear and more in the front
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #7105
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
When people try and make drifting their job, you better bet they are going to put their own personal style on the back burner and do everything possible to make those dollars to pay the bills.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #7106
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

True. But if everyone didn't sell out then sponsors would have no choice but to leave the gayness out of it.

Money/fame isn't everything.

I tell myself that everyday...lol.

Respect to the Formula D guys doing thier thing. Matt too.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #7107
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah, but if everyone did the same thing life would be uber boring. Sooo, in turn we have this.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #7108
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Shy of giving someone a lake street handshake, I'd do what it takes to pay the bills.
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #7109
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
OB's post in WF whore thread was great.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #7110
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the following is just my opinion (as we all got em right?)

yea his car probably looked cooler at the before point, but if you want to travel across the country and pursue drifting on a professional level, you NEED sponsors unless you are related to the gates family. There is just no way you can be self supported and do the traveling + driving that he did this year. Just like competitive sports, you will somewhat "sell out" if you leave your home club and more to bigger and better sponsored things, but in the end if you are trying to reach a high level of competition (or whatever), that's the move you need to make. Despite the whole "is drifting a sport thing", this is a philosophy i've believed for a while as i've grown up playing soccer and have seen "it all" with friends and their passion. ANY sport....u wanna get better? play or compete against people who are better than you, for Matt that is/was formula D. I honestly dont even know if he's getting paid paid, but hell, you only live life once and if I could take a year to travel the country, meet cool people, and drive my car at competitions, you better believe i would take the chance!

honestly i haven't followed this season at all beyond the status' off JR's FB saying how he's winning every round. personally, Matt is a really cool dood in person and that's pretty much all that matters to me at least. He was cool to took time to talk to me in NJ and just bullshit about cars, sunglasses or whatever. Cars can have navan front, eyelides, and stock mirrors, but if you are nice and cool IRL, then u are a friend of mine. Vice versa, you can have the "coolest" car in the world and be a dick and you'll make my "to kill" list quick. This is all probably really cliche, but oh well.

now if you own a kouki, that's a whole other type of hate you will receive...sike

cliffs notes:

matt powers is cool
OBs car needs ganadors
if you drive a kouki, you ghey

Last edited by nathanong87; 10-11-2010 at 03:49 PM..
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote