Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #6991
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I will be buying valve guides very quickly here and I need to know if there is anything besides OEM Nissan at $20 a piece that will last a long time on a turbo ka. I've seen Z1 and supertech bronze so far. Are these durable? Or drop the dime on Nissan?
The Phosphated Bronze have a higher thermal conductivity. The material is softer then the steel ones so clearance with valve can be made smaller which reduces the chance of valves sticking and/or guides cracking. But it will wear faster than the steel.

The Nissan ones are more then likely Phosphatedand Nitride coated before being chromed. So there is some give before you get steel on steel. They have a longer wear life But I doubt you will see that benefit before other parts wear out. So, I would go with the Supertech.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #6992
closgatakouki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
closgatakouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What.tire size would be good for te37 19x8 +44 on stock body s14kouki please help! :0
closgatakouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #6993
codyf44
Leaky Injector

codyf44 is an unknown quantity at this point
greddy intake manifold worth it on the s14 zenki sr20det? I know on my redtop it was worth it but ive heard on the s14 blacktop it aint worth the $800
codyf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #6994
namfbroh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
namfbroh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is there a difference between NON-ABS open diff driveshafts and NON-ABS VLSD driveshafts?
namfbroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #6995
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by closgatakouki View Post
What.tire size would be good for te37 19x8 +44 on stock body s14kouki please help! :0
Is this for all four or what? Lowered or not. Need more info. There is also specific threads on this forum for this type of question where you'd get better answers whether you're into the stretch look or the max tire setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namfbroh View Post
Is there a difference between NON-ABS open diff driveshafts and NON-ABS VLSD driveshafts?
Nope, just get the vlsd with the same amount of bolts. for example, my s14 has 6 bolt axels so I got one with 6 bolts so that they'd bolt up. Search vlsd swap for more info.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #6996
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen people switch from running studs on there valve cover and was wondering if there is anything special hardware wise needed to do this or just finding the right size bolts and would I still use the factory washers or can I replace those also? Its for an s13 sr20det

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #6997
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
I've seen people switch from running studs on there valve cover and was wondering if there is anything special hardware wise needed to do this or just finding the right size bolts and would I still use the factory washers? Its for an s13 sr20det

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Yep, just find bolts that fit and will need oem washers and rubber inserts.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #6998
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyf44 View Post
greddy intake manifold worth it on the s14 zenki sr20det? I know on my redtop it was worth it but ive heard on the s14 blacktop it aint worth the $800
It's going to really help give the top end that you're looking for no doubt. I'd strongly suggest it, if not not at least eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
I've seen people switch from running studs on there valve cover and was wondering if there is anything special hardware wise needed to do this or just finding the right size bolts and would I still use the factory washers? Its for an s13 sr20det
You can switch to studs (which is what they have factory already) or you can get just goto bolts like the modern/newer FWD SR20 utilize. Nothing special, but you should re utilize the OEM washer (or similar) against the rubber bushings.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #6999
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Best/Cheapest place to get Redline MT90 trans fluid?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #7000
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Best/Cheapest place to get Redline MT90 trans fluid?
Amazon, or even maybe Advance Auto with their current coupon specials.

If you have an account with Carquest they are cheap.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #7001
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Ok cool, I'll get it through Carquest, we have an account through work.

Also, trying to locate a IACV gasket for the new Intake Manifold im putting on. My normal parts shop (West Covina) is out of stock and looking at 6-8 weeks to get them in. Any idea who else stocks these?

Edit: just called Carquest, they said they cant get it
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #7002
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
So i was trying my 5lug swap today, starting with the fronts. I got the old stuff off no problem, but when i went to put the 5lug hubs on (non-abs, S14) They refused to go all the way into the spindle. I looked at my 4lug hubs, and noticed that they had the rear bearing race removed, and i could see the bearings and the grease. I did the same to my 5lug hubs, and they fit a little better, but still werent flush enough. I looked closely at the inside of the bearing and noticed more space between the two different sets of bearings (the front race and rear race) than the 4lug hub.

I know for a fact these are OEM S14 non-abs hubs (40200-0v210) and were brand spanking new with the oem nissan anti-rust paper on them.

What should i do?
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #7003
Hyperhockeydude
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Hyperhockeydude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is .10ma a tolerate amount of amperage? just went from 3.11 to .10 when i unhooked my alternator
Hyperhockeydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #7004
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post
So i was trying my 5lug swap today, starting with the fronts. I got the old stuff off no problem, but when i went to put the 5lug hubs on (non-abs, S14) They refused to go all the way into the spindle. I looked at my 4lug hubs, and noticed that they had the rear bearing race removed, and i could see the bearings and the grease. I did the same to my 5lug hubs, and they fit a little better, but still werent flush enough. I looked closely at the inside of the bearing and noticed more space between the two different sets of bearings (the front race and rear race) than the 4lug hub.

I know for a fact these are OEM S14 non-abs hubs (40200-0v210) and were brand spanking new with the oem nissan anti-rust paper on them.

What should i do?
Found the answer to my question:

Project Silvia - The Official Guide to Not Screwing Up Your Wheel Bearings Like I Did > MotoIQ > Magazine Articles

Looks like the rear race fused itself to the spindle. thats why it wouldnt slide all the way in. time to try and get that sonofabitch off!
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #7005
sick kid
Leaky Injector

sick kid is an unknown quantity at this point
i may be getting a gt2871r in a swap and wondering what all i need to install this on my notchtop s14, i have full 3 in exhaust/downpipe greddy fmic blah blah i know i need injectors z32 maf and im going with nistune for engine management, mainly what do i need to actually bolt up the turbo
sick kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #7006
cknickerbocker

cknickerbocker is an unknown quantity at this point
color?

can anyone change the color on this car to a white and red and blue? i cant figure out how to do it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1zg3udu.jpg (145.4 KB, 14 views)
cknickerbocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #7007
Lowrider

Lowrider is an unknown quantity at this point
I just picked up an s14 and want to slam it soon. I took a peek under the front driver side fender and it seems like theres gonna be some clearance issues because i see some wire/hoses running across the top of the fender. Anyone else know what im talking about? First time owning an S14 Kouki, so im not sure if you can relocate it elsewhere...

Last edited by Lowrider; 08-01-2011 at 11:01 PM..
Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #7008
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
i just picked up an s14 and want to slam it soon. i took a peek under the front driver side fender and it seems like theres gonna be some clearance issues because i see some hoses running across the top of the fender. anyone else know what im talking about?? first time owning an s14 kouki so im not sure if you can relocate it elsewhere...
search "wire harness tuck"
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #7009
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknickerbocker View Post
can anyone change the color on this car to a white and red and blue? i cant figure out how to do it
Have ALL 12 of your posts been about that car?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #7010
POSmiata

POSmiata is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm picking up a s13 shell this weekend, with plans of a rb25 swap. I've got a general idea of how much partaking are going to cost me. But everything I've source if to run the motor on the stock rb ecu/turbo. Ive heard of the tubular manifold helps the turbo spool faster, will that affect the stock tune? Should i look for some sort of standalone ecu?
POSmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #7011
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ok my car isn't starting. I'm pretty convinced it's my starter. I just put in a brand new battery. The solenoid in the starter isn't even kicking? Could it be the wiring?
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #7012
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
when i make right hand turns

My s13 makes a loud clicking sound as i am turning the wheel coming from the driver side

It only makes the sound when it is at a certain angle

It also makes the same sound when I am braking hard

What do
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #7013
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
when i make right hand turns

My s13 makes a loud clicking sound as i am turning the wheel coming from the driver side

It only makes the sound when it is at a certain angle

It also makes the same sound when I am braking hard

What do
T/C rods.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #7014
S13x88
Zilvia Member

S13x88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need to replace my rear sway bar bushings. I want to go poly, but no one sells poly bushings for the HICAS rear sway bar (21mm). Has anyone come up with any solutions? Specific 21mm poly bushings from another car perhaps? My front bushings are toast, but I don't want to replace just the front; would rather do front and back.
S13x88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #7015
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Ever considered using one from the front?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #7016
S13x88
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Ever considered using one from the front?
Smallest ones offered for the front are 24mm on the S13. I'm just wondering if anyone has replaced the bushings on the HICAS rear sway bar with bushings from another car or perhaps just drilled out the stock 15mm poly bushing to fit. I'm at a loss, been searching everywhere for a solid answer.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #7017
Wake
Premium Member

UH what? try again bruh. Even has a part number

Let me google that for you
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #7018
sukimoto
Zilvia Member

sukimoto is an unknown quantity at this point

What is this? Its between the driver side (u.s. passenger side) shock tower and the firewall.

s13 silvia k's
sr20det
sukimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #7019
Wake
Premium Member

chassis?

Motor?

Year?

any more info?

and questions about that thing have been answered numerous times in this thread.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #7020
S13x88
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
UH what? try again bruh. Even has a part number

Let me google that for you
None of the links that show up for those results have anything remotely close to a part #, at least for me. I've searched using google; some people talk about getting the stock 15mm size and drilling it out. One guy talked about buying 21mm sway bar bushings from a Honda and testing it out; he never posted results. If you have found a specific website selling the bushings, then please share it. I'm not having any luck.