Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #661
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What about the Jackass at Gawker that posted the names of NYC legit gun owners. Shit like that and oppressive gun laws is why everyone I know that live in the city owns unregistered.

I filed for my CCW(GWL) in Georgia and the clerk said to expect a 3-6 month wait due to high volume. These regulations do nothing but make it difficult to abide by the law.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #662
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
What about the Jackass at Gawker that posted the names of NYC legit gun owners. Shit like that and oppressive gun laws is why everyone I know that live in the city owns unregistered.

I filed for my CCW(GWL) in Georgia and the clerk said to expect a 3-6 month wait due to high volume. These regulations do nothing but make it difficult to abide by the law.
I love how one of the names posted is a unlisted rape victim who's been living in fear for the last 4 years.... awesome.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #663
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
They had the names/residencies of the journalists posted already didn't they? and now the paper has armed gaurds at their doors. Words can not begin to describe the idiocracy...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #664
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Yeah I'm glad I got mine before all this went down. Still took nearly 4 weeks.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #665
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
We're supposed to get CC in Illinois this summer. I can't imagine what the wait is going to be like.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #666
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Found this, though it was cool. Spread this to your hunter dad and uncles that don't give a shit about a black rifle ban.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #667
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Piers Morgan Caught Inflating U.S. Gun Homicide Stats
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #668
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8C49yv3uyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdhAm_oUUs
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #669
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

/\
Spread this and don't be prejudice to all liberals. Most of my friends vote Democrat but we support the 2nd Amendment. As a progressive I think this push for gun control distracts from the real cause of gun violence which is the lack of social economic justice and access to quality education and healthcare.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #670
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
/\
Spread this and don't be prejudice to all liberals. Most of my friends vote Democrat but we support the 2nd Amendment. As a progressive I think this push for gun control distracts from the real cause of gun violence which is the lack of social economic justice and access to quality education and healthcare.
Yes because there was more health care and equality 50 years ago.

I think rappent narcissism, facebook, reality TV, zero tolerance and a crumbling mental health system is more or less to blame.

Both the Arizona and Colorado Shooters are looking like the typical "I did it because I want to be famous" fucktards.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #671
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Thank you for posting this!

I like how PM dodged the handgun issue completely, well, all of the issues actually. Dodged the fact that handguns are used in well over 95% of all gun killings by only talking about mass killings. He knows that if that issue is brought up, his entire argument is hypocritical.

I do think it is a Left - Right issue, just by definition, but I do not think it is a Democrat - Republican issue, (at least not all of the time). If you find your representative on the other side of you on gun control, you should ask yourself what really matters to you.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #672
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yes because there was more health care and equality 50 years ago.

I think rappent narcissism, facebook, reality TV, zero tolerance and a crumbling mental health system is more or less to blame.

Both the Arizona and Colorado Shooters are looking like the typical "I did it because I want to be famous" fucktards.
I work in the inner city. I really am unconcerned with the rarity of a nut-job mass shooter compared to a kid with a pistol trying to rob me and not leave a witness.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #673
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I work in the inner city. I really am unconcerned with the rarity of a nut-job mass shooter compared to a kid with a pistol trying to rob me and not leave a witness.
So banning AR15s, requiring background checks on ammo and making high-cap mags illegal solves this issue?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #674
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Also guns are pretty much already banned in Chicago and DC.... yet they have the highest amount of gun crime.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #675
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
So banning AR15s, requiring background checks on ammo and making high-cap mags illegal solves this issue?

No, addressing poverty, prison industrial complex and access to education will solve the majority of gun death that are economic driven.

Promoting gun safety as opposed to ostracizing gun owners will help address accidental gun deaths.

Universal access to healthcare including mental health will help prevent many suicides and some forms of mass murders.

Banning shit just makes it difficult for people to obey the law. Some pragmatic liberals understand these things but unfortunately the emotion driver reactionaries have the loudest voice at the moment. I just want people to be aware that even though I disagree with conservatives on many issues, this one is not one of them.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #676
Corbic
Post Whore!

Not to mention the 2, 500 people the ATF helped murder with their botch gun-running scheme. Oh wait, they don't count - their just Mexicans.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #677
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Promoting gun safety as apposed to ostracizing gun owners will help address accidental gun deaths.

This. The initial exposure someone has to guns needs to press the issue of responsibility and safety.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #678
bc.
Zilvia Addict

I was just thinking about this last night.

Quote:

To 1 88 U, is gun control something you would vote across part lines for? I guess kind of a vague question because it depends on what is being proposed.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #679
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I was just thinking about this last night.

To 1 88 U, is gun control something you would vote across part lines for? I guess kind of a vague question because it depends on what is being proposed.
I'm not a single issues voter so no. I will write letters to representatives, support political action groups such as SAF and educate my peers to do the same. Supporting the lesser of two evils is unfortunately built into the American political system.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #680
bc.
Zilvia Addict

It's not just American politics, it is all politics everywhere. If everybody agreed with everybody else, the world would be unfathomably boring. "Entire crops" would be lost, ha.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #681
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Ruger - Take Action Now!
Please fill this out, and share it with anyone, who cares about their 2nd amendment! It only takes a few minutes, and writes a letter, to the president, vice president, and all the senators in your area. Don't let our 2nd amendment be infringed upon!
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #682
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Found this, though it was cool. Spread this to your hunter dad and uncles that don't give a shit about a black rifle ban.

Bad logic. You'll just encourage the fucking democrats to ban "sniper" rifles.

After all Oswald didn't use an "assault rifle", "Glock" or "Uzi" to do this.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #683
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Bad logic. You'll just encourage the fucking democrats to ban "sniper" rifles.

After all Oswald didn't use an "assault rifle", "Glock" or "Uzi" to do this.

It is a valid slippery slope argument that is meant for hunters that don't use military patterned semi riffles not for gun grabbers. Gun grabbers really want handguns but its not politically palatable at the moment; yet.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #684
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It is a valid slippery slope argument that is meant for hunters that don't use military patterned semi riffles not for gun grabbers. Gun grabbers really want handguns but its not politically palatable at the moment; yet.
I'm just waiting till someone uses a black-powdered pistol to commit a crime. You can buy and build your own 1850's style cap and ball revolvers for $200. No need for permit or license, as they are considered antique style fire arms.

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

Trust me, a .361 ball will fuck you up. (Mind you a modern .38 is actually .357)
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #685
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Ruger - Take Action Now!
Please fill this out, and share it with anyone, who cares about their 2nd amendment! It only takes a few minutes, and writes a letter, to the president, vice president, and all the senators in your area. Don't let our 2nd amendment be infringed upon!
To everyone in this thread, please click on that link, and fill it out. Share it too! All of us, need to let our voices be heard!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #686
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Ruger - Take Action Now!
Done and done
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #687
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Done and done
Right on!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #688
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Journal News gun permit map used by burglars to target White Plains home?

I hope the paper gets sued
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #689
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Took this from another board. This is what We are facing this week.

Text of the gun control bills is up.

H.R. 34: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

This is the Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act that we've seen before that implements a national firearms license. Now's a good time to dust it off, I guess.

H.R. 72: To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes.

This doesn't appear to have much to do with gun control, other than as a partial justification. Also, lol ATF stopping guns from going to Mexico lol

H.R. 93: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms, and for other purposes.

As far as I can tell, this makes it illegal for an FFL to give someone his inventory or transfer his inventory into private possession as soon as he learns his license is revoked or will not be renewed, leaving him with the option of selling them or giving them to someone not associated with his business. Tries to lock inventory to an FFL. Seems like this one could run afoul of the Fourth Amendment.

H.R. 133: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

This is the law that made it a felony to have a gun within 1,000 yards or feet (can't remember which) of a school. It was already found to be unconstitutional by SCOTUS because it was outside the purview of the federal government. The bill was re-passed with the phrase "if the firearm was involved in interstate commerce" amended in an attempt to shoehorn it in via the commerce clause; as far as I know, SCOTUS hasn't ruled on the amended form, so it stands.

H.R. 137: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

Some stuff about increasing penalties for not supplying NICS with information and adding prohibitions for mental health:

It also prohibits private transfers unless both the transferer and transferee do it through a dealer with NICS and 4193, or they both have firearms permits that require a background check to issue.

H.R. 138: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

We all know about this one. Notable features include a grandfather clause and law enforcement exemption.

H.R. 141: To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

A Carolyn McCarthy bill. Something I noticed in there:

This means anyone who brings a gun to a show to sell. Now look a little farther down:

So you can't run a gun show unless you provide a list of everyone who is going to sell a gun there. This means private sales cannot occur at the gun show unless you're on the list ahead of time; or, if they do, the gun show can get shut down and legal penalties applied to the people running the show. This bill isn't about closing the "gun show loophole", it's about ending gun shows.

H.R. 142: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

Allows only licensed dealers to sell ammunition, and also places on them the requirements of an ammunition importer or manufacturer.

Something interesting I noticed:

Here's the relevant code:

So it appears that ammo sales have to be recorded in a bound book.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #690
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Damn, did you read all of those?